Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Mustalahul Hadeeth & Hanafi Fiqh Class with Abu Mus'ab Tuesday from 7:30PM GMT (8:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here. - And here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

+ Reply to Thread
    runnynose!
    Guests

salah and runny nose?

aslamalaaykum,
    i have a little problem to which i aint got a solution, so wondering if anyone here has the same problem. whenever i pray salah(all 5), even for fajr, whenever i go to saeda, i my nose starts to get runny!and i always need a tissue with me so as soon i finish i wipe my nose!and it aint an infection but clear runny nose, and i have tried not drinking water just before namaz but i still cant figure out why i get runny nose!and reallly want a solution!is it normal to have that much of a runny nose?jazakallah

Re: salah and runny nose?

Yes I get the same problem.

I have been informed that it comes from shaytan to distract you during prayer. Nothing to worry about though - just make sure you concentrate when praying.

Unreg
    Guests

Happens with me too bro, when I get a tad bit teary in prayer, I'd also like to know the answer inshAllah.

almost same
    Guests

It happens to me sometimes not alot though, but not so bad, like yours.

However ... sometimes when I pray, I cry uncontrollably and thats when I start getting a really bad runny nose ... is it okay for me to wipe it?

I normally leave it for as long as I can .. but sometimes I can't ignore it.

Also, what does one do if they don't have tissue with them? Sometimes when I start crying its out of the blue, so I'm not always prepared

I have exactly the same problem and I have sinus (it's a very annoying thing), for fajr I do thayamum since if I do wudhu with water it makes me sneeze (becoz I just woke up etc) and starts going all runny, so try doing tayamum instead of wudhu it works for me.

About drinking water, one thing that's a cure for runny nose is drinking lots of water so I don't know why its the opposite for u.

Try holding ur breath for 15 seconds when ur in sajeda it works aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuaath View Post

I have exactly the same problem and I have sinus (it's a very annoying thing), for fajr I do thayamum since if I do wudhu with water it makes me sneeze (becoz I just woke up etc) and starts going all runny, so try doing tayamum instead of wudhu it works for me.

About drinking water, one thing that's a cure for runny nose is drinking lots of water so I don't know why its the opposite for u.

Try holding ur breath for 15 seconds when ur in sajeda it works aswell.
    Wa 'alaykkum salaam wa rahmatullaah. It is only permissible to do tayammum if using the water will pose danger to one's life and some scholars even say if using the water kills the person, thats when tayammum is allowed (in cases where water is allowed i mean). This is the evidence Ibn Hajar rahimahullaah uses to support his view...

It was narrated that ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I experienced a wet dream on a cold night during the campaign of Dhaat al-Salaasil, and I was afraid that if I did ghusl I would die, so I did tayammum, then I prayed Fajr with my companions. They mentioned that to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and he said: “O ‘Amr, did you lead your companions in prayer when you were junub?” I told him what had kept me from doing ghusl and I said: “I heard Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘And do not kill yourselves (nor kill one another). Surely, Allaah is Most Merciful to you’ [al-Nisa’ 4:29].” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) smiled and did not say anything.

Narrated by Abu Dawood, 334; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

Ibn Hajar rahimahullaah said:

This hadeeth indicates that it is permissible for the one who thinks that using water will kill him to do tayammum, whether that is because of cold or some other reason, and it is permissible for the one who has done tayammum to pray with those who have done wudoo’. Fath al-Baari, 1/454

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

If you can find warm water or you are able to heat the cold water, or you can buy water from your neighbour or from someone else, then you must use that, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “So keep your duty to Allaah and fear Him as much as you can” [al-Taghaabun 64:16]. You have to do whatever you can, whether buying the water, heating it or whatever ways will enable you to do wudoo’ as prescribed with water. If you are unable to do that and the cold is severe and is posing a danger to you, and there is no way for you to heat it or to buy some warm water from those who are around you, then you are excused, and tayammum is sufficient for you, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“So keep your duty to Allaah and fear Him as much as you can”

[al-Taghaabun 64:16]

and:

“and you find no water, then perform Tayammum with clean earth and rub therewith your faces and hands”

[al-Maa’idah 5:6]

The one who is unable to use water comes under the same ruling as one who cannot find any water.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn Baaz, 10/199,200

I have year round allergies and I always have to have a tissue nearby when I pray.

this is vasomotor rhinitis
    may you give me your contact info ?
    this is very secret thing