Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Mustalahul Hadeeth & Hanafi Fiqh Class with Abu Mus'ab Tuesday from 7:30PM GMT (8:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here. - And here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    فاصبر صبراً جميلاً

When you first laid your eyes on the Ka'ba

I've noticed quite a lot of negativity on the forum recently with members arguing endlessly about trivial matters and proclaiming takfeer on each other..so I thought I'd add a little dose of positivity insha'Allah!

For those of us who have been blessed to visit the House of Allah, I want you ALL (yes, even you fulaan) to post your first experience and the associated feelings and emotions you had when you first laid your eyes on the ka3ba! Granted I understand sometimes it can be difficult to articulate emotions but insha'Allah give it a shot anyway. The more detailed the better. Perhaps your experience might inspire a member so much so that it'll drive them to take action and visit Allah's House...and you may even gain a share of the reward of their pilgrimage?! Allahu A3lam but that sure does sound like a SWEET proposition!

I'll shoot first: I landed in Jeddah on the first of the last 10 nights and I was exhausted to the absolute max. I hadn't slept in almost 2 days and because of flights drama it ended up that we didn't have time for suhoor.

After praying fajr in Jeddah airport we made the seemingly endless coach journey to Makkah reciting the talibya in unision with my fellow pilgrims whilst trying SO hard to stay awake! We arrived in Makkah just as the sun shined with its full glory and splendour almost blinding us poor Londoners who would moan about 25 degree celcius. The temperature read 37 degrees at 7AM in the morning. Ya Lateef!

We quickly freshend up in our hotel and wallahi the excitement and nervousness I felt was almost unbearable. Man I'm tearing up just as I recall these thoughts. I left my hotel room and walked in the blazing heat of the sun, each moment getting closer and closer to the House of Allah and thus increasingly apprehensive. After a good few minutes walk which felt like a few hours I was in the haram, in the courtyard of the Allah's House now doubly blinded by the super-shiny white marble tiles laid out beautifully outside the mosque. The Mosque rose high and almost touched the sky. It was beautiful and a sight inconceivable.

I was now almost there. My heart pounding in my throat and a mixture of nerves and adrenaline which almost rendered my paralysed. I stepped through the main gate after quickly being searched by one of the guards and now the Ka3a was a mere 200 yards away from me. I couldn't quite see it yet but I was closer than I had ever imagined I'd be.

I walked with my gaze lowered through the opulently designed mosque, spordacailly raising my gaze to marvel at my surroundings and the hundreds of thousands of pilgrims fast asleep or reading Qur'an all around me.

And there it was. The Ka3ba. SUBHAANULLAH! Wallahi it was MUCH MUCH bigger than I had ever anticipated. It was HUGE! WOW! I stood there in front of it. Stationary. Motionless. Silenting murmuring a few duas as the dua asked for when you first see the ka3ba is accepted, insha'Allah. I felt as though I had finally arrived. My busy hectic lifestyle back in London seemed transient and even non-existent. As if this was the Holy grail we've all been looking for. At last!

And the rest, as they say, is history...

Oops I didn't meant to write so much! Sorry ikhwaan but please do share your experiences and be as detailed as you like!

May Allah give us all the tawfeeq and rizq to visit his House and perform His pilgrimage! Ameen!

AQ
    What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, inseparable from me. For me, prison is a place of retreat; execution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel - Ibn Taymiyyah

Odan

Re: When you first laid your eyes on the Ka'ba

Ameen and JazakAllah Khair
    Salam!

فاصبر صبراً جميلاً

Ya Lateef! This is appalling ya ikhwaan! I know at least 50% have either done umrah or hajj so thus have seen the ka3ba! Stop beating around the bush and dive head-first for the bush itself!
    What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, inseparable from me. For me, prison is a place of retreat; execution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel - Ibn Taymiyyah

Counting down... EastLondon_Bro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbuQudamah View Post
    Ya Lateef! This is appalling ya ikhwaan! I know at least 50% have either done umrah or hajj so thus have seen the ka3ba! Stop beating around the bush and dive head-first for the bush itself!
    You know! For a second there i thought you had some sort of beef with the thread starter.
    ...and InshAllah i remind myself before i remind others.

ASPIRE to INSPIRE before you EXPIRE!

Is your Boss coming?...Click here

الإسلام هو الحياة sis_on_sunnah's Avatar

assalamu alaykum,

i have not yet seen the Ka'ba but because this is such a beautiful thread, tabarak'Allah, i thought i would reply.

i was hoping to see many replies on this thread, but looks like the threads which contain controversy are the more popular threads...subhan'Allah

sometimes i just picture the Ka'ba in my mind, thinking of the day that I, insha'Allah ta'aala get the chance to visit the holy cities and wallahi the image i have in my mind is so beautiful that the tears just flow, subhan'Allah.

I cannot wait to see the Ka'ba, with the permission of Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala i shall be in the holy cities soon and then i shall come on this thread and post my experiences!!
    http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

The first time i saw the ka'ba i was taken away with awe, even if i think about that time now i get taken away
    words can never explain it no matter how much you try its the best feeling ever ever
    also going to see syedina Muhammad saw was better than the best of best dreams, you can go and speak to the Messenger of ALLAH saw, give salaam
    but i would advise people to read up and prepare their hearts before going because the more receptive your hearts are the more you will receive and bring back with you and benefit
    i was recommended to read one seerah book, ash shifa by Qadi Iyad and inner dimensions of worship - the hajj part, also to learn the fiqh or hajj etc
    it makes a huge difference when you know the virtues and why your doing what your doing and whose done it ...

فاصبر صبراً جميلاً

Quote Originally Posted by talib al ilm View Post
    The first time i saw the ka'ba i was taken away with awe, even if i think about that time now i get taken away
    words can never explain it no matter how much you try its the best feeling ever ever
    also going to see syedina Muhammad saw was better than the best of best dreams, you can go and speak to the Messenger of ALLAH saw, give salaam
    but i would advise people to read up and prepare their hearts before going because the more receptive your hearts are the more you will receive and bring back with you and benefit
    i was recommended to read one seerah book, ash shifa by Qadi Iyad and inner dimensions of worship - the hajj part, also to learn the fiqh or hajj etc
    it makes a huge difference when you know the virtues and why your doing what your doing and whose done it ...
    Habibi that is so true. Reading the seerah is a MUST before flying out as it puts everything into context and wallahi makes you appreciate the experience a whole load more. And spending a month or two before your trip studying the fiqh behind everything you're doing on the pilgrimage is also highly recommended.

فاصبر صبراً جميلاً

Quote Originally Posted by sis_on_sunnah View Post
    assalamu alaykum,

i have not yet seen the Ka'ba but because this is such a beautiful thread, tabarak'Allah, i thought i would reply.

i was hoping to see many replies on this thread, but looks like the threads which contain controversy are the more popular threads...subhan'Allah

sometimes i just picture the Ka'ba in my mind, thinking of the day that I, insha'Allah ta'aala get the chance to visit the holy cities and wallahi the image i have in my mind is so beautiful that the tears just flow, subhan'Allah.

I cannot wait to see the Ka'ba, with the permission of Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala i shall be in the holy cities soon and then i shall come on this thread and post my experiences!!
    Your love for the Holy Cities is admirable and I have no doubt that that love will multiply a million fold once you're actually there insha'Allah!

Account Disabled

I've never laid my eyes on Kaba except from what I have seen in videos. I would really love to go and see the first house of Allah (swt) built by Ibrahim (as) and his son. I always said I will kiss the Kaba. In fact I would probably cry because of the history and hardships faced by the Prophets and the Followers (may Allah be pleased with them all and grant them the highest ranks in Jannah)

فاصبر صبراً جميلاً

Quote Originally Posted by islam4u2 View Post
    I've never laid my eyes on Kaba except from what I have seen in videos. I would really love to go and see the first house of Allah (swt) built by Ibrahim (as) and his son. I always said I will kiss the Kaba. In fact I would probably cry because of the history and hardships faced by the Prophets and the Followers (may Allah be pleased with them all and grant them the highest ranks in Jannah)
    May Allah facilitate that for you ya akh. Seeing the Ka3ba for the first time is an amazing, overwhelming experience in and of itself but kissing it or even touching it is out of this world subhaanuAllah.

I went on umrah when i was 15, alhamdulillah it was brilliant, indescribable, i am desperate to go for Hajj! InshaAllah i will get the chance soon.
    The Ka'ba is beautiful, stunning, subhanAllah. It is just sooooooooo peaceful praying with the huge ka'ba right in front of u, it's a feeling u can't get anywhere else. Totally surreal, so many people but so peaceful. When i pray salah i close my eyes and try to picture myself in front of the ka'ba to get that sense of peace and it does help sometimes!

WaSalaam

♥ a crooked rib ♥ ~TwinklingStar~'s Avatar

Like, others have mentioned , when you see the Ka’aba for the first time, you're totally in awe, the hairs on the back of your neck stand up , tears start flowing down your cheeks... the experience felt is “surreal” .

All through your life you see pictures and hear about this place, you turn to it five times a day but when you are there , it just leaves you standing speechless and agog .

There is too much to take in, soo much to process and digest... it just leaves you spell-bound...A sense of calm and peace envelops you at the magnificent sight of the kaa'bah and the sea of humanity flowing around it ...SubhanAllah, it is truly a beautiful & glorious feeiing.

Even after you return home, your heart longs to go back to the blessed, magical place again...Makkah is one city which keeps calling you again and again.

Account Disabled

May Allah facilitate that for you ya akh. Seeing the Ka3ba for the first time is an amazing, overwhelming experience in and of itself but kissing it or even touching it is out of this world subhaanuAllah.
    "labaik allahuma labaik, labaik la sharika laka labaik, Innal hamda wann’imat laka wal mulk, la sharika lak"

- I stand up for Your service, O God! I stand up! I stand up! There is no partner with You! I stand up for Your service! Verily Yours is the praise, the beneficence, and the dominion! There is no partner with You.

One Day Inshallah I will utter those words at the Holy City. Until then I can only plan and dream.

http://www.paklinks.com/gs/voice_aja...=14734_216.spx

sorry to derail the thread but it's kind of related..

if someone is a revert or someone doesn't know arabic and there's like duas they need to pray and they havenet been able to memorise them, would it be weird if they wrote the duas down on a piece of paper in the transliteration and walked around the ka'ba with it? or if they like carried a booklet with them whilst they were performing the umrah/hajj to make sure they are doing everything correct?

just curious

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

فاصبر صبراً جميلاً

sorry to derail the thread but it's kind of related..

if someone is a revert or someone doesn't know arabic and there's like duas they need to pray and they havenet been able to memorise them, would it be weird if they wrote the duas down on a piece of paper in the transliteration and walked around the ka'ba with it? or if they like carried a booklet with them whilst they were performing the umrah/hajj to make sure they are doing everything correct?

just curious
    Yes that's perfectly acceptable and I've seen hundreds and hundreds of people do the same. Most people have the dua book wrapped around their neck as a necklace and read while circumambulating.

Yes that's perfectly acceptable and I've seen hundreds and hundreds of people do the same. Most people have the dua book wrapped around their neck as a necklace and read while circumambulating.
    JazakAllahu khayran

Bismillahi Ar Rahmani Ar Rahim - In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful

Wa Alaykumusalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu!

JazakAllahu Khair Akhi, I deeply apologise for posting up so late! May Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) reward you abundantly with Khair and Barakah and keep you in the highest state of emaan and in the best state of health for your patience, Ameen!
    And also Ameen to your du'a.

This thread truly does bring back memories. I remember it was winter time, the month of december. I was going to Hajj and the feeling and the thought of it was unbearable, I was too excited, too nervous, too happy, Alhamdulilah. The sky hadn't gone that dark yet, so it was daytime here in Sweden.
    When we arrived to Jeddah airport, the excitement grew alot more. I hadn't either got any sleep for 2 days, but SubhanAllah, I didn't feel any kind of tiredness and wasn't either exhausted. When we arrived to Jeddah it was night time and we had to wait until morning for the buses to come.

We hadn't gone outside the whole night, so we didn't know daytime had come until we heard the singing and whissling of birds, MashaAllah. Then we knew, it is Fajr. And a few hours forth, the leaders of our group finally told us that the buses had arrived.
    Happily we went to the buses and when we went outside, we saw palmtrees everywhere, and MashaAllah it was really nice, I liked it. It was also very sunny there.
    I somehow couldn't believe it was reality, SubhanAllah, it was that amazing, but yet I had more to see to know what's really amazing. On the road we did 2 stops for a break time. The first stop we got bottles of ZamZam water and a piece of cake and a fruit, and the second stop we got bracelets to indicate that we are there for Hajj and that we're from Sweden.

When I was looking out of the window, I thought it was so beautiful. It was only mountains and palmtrees. After a while we finally arrived to Mekkah, Alhamdulilah, and the bus parked infront of the Hotel. I was so excited and when I stepped out, I looked around. I couldn't imagine it was real. SubhanAllah, it was so nice. I couldn't see much, because we focused on to take our bags and check in to our rooms.

My father had planned that we would go and make tawaf that night, and we all were so excited. Me and my sister and my mother wore the Ihram and we all made us ready that night to go for Tawaf. It was hot by day and my father said it was cooler by night and quite less people than it is by day, so it would be better to go then.
    Night came, and we went for tawaf around 2am. All were so excited and nervous. Usually when I am overexcited and nervous my hands get swetty and I just want to hurry things up.

The most beautiful thing on our way to Masjid Al Haram, was a little shop next to the Masjid playing the music "Ya Taiba" and it was my first time to hear it, and MashaAllah, it was so beautiful. The young and pure voices was so sweet, MashaAllah. Day and Night we could hear the music be played over and over again, and each time I heard it again I felt the same as the first time, MashaAllah.

By less than 10 minutes we went infront of the Masjid Al Haram and SubhanAllah, my heart started to beat more and more and I got more and more excited. I could literally feel a sweet smell and my heart got so soft. Each step we took closer to the gates, I was longing to see the Ka'ba. We went in and we were on a bridge and when I looked down I could see people going from Safwa to Marwah. And MashaAllah, it was not that many people, it was quite a few. I thought it would be alot more. But we continued to walk and after a while we were infront of the Ka'ba. SubhanAllah. I could see the Light of the Ka'ba, and MashaAllah, it was so beautiful. It was full of Nűr surrounding the Ka'ba, and it was so peaceful. SubhanAllah. I couldn't stop looking at it and started to make du'a.
    I am looking after words now to describe the great and harmonical feeling I had in my heart and soul when I was looking at the Ka'ba. But words cannot describe how the Holy Ka'ba looked in my eyes, and how I felt.

All I can say is that it is an experience all must have to know how it is like, InshaAllah. I just stood and were looking at it for a long time. Then my father said we'd go and make Tawaf, and during Tawaf I just looked at the Ka'ba. It was a feeling I never had, a feeling I will never forget and a feeling incomparable to anything else and also a feeling never could be put into words...

And I sincerely pray to Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) to grant all the Muslims a chance to make Hajj and feel the sweetness of emaan in their heart, Ameen!

Take Care and Stay Blessed!
    As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,
    Ukhti S.

As salamu aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa baraktuhu ....SubhanAllaah this thread makes me even more excited...this ramadan i should inshAllah be spending the majority of it blessed city of makkah and medinah, inshAllaah performing umrah. this is my first time alhamdulilah i am just grateful to be give the opportunity to go at the age of 18 as i didnt think it would be possible. inshAllaah if it isnt too difficuly could people recommend any book sthat they have read relating to umrah that was really good. I am going to be reading up on all sorts of books inshAllaah but if anyone could recommend books to provide me with more knowledge in these areas that i would be extremely grateful. JazakAllahu khayran in advance

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Umm M View Post
    As salamu aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa baraktuhu ....................if anyone could recommend books to provide me with more knowledge in these areas .........

Rites of Hajj and Umrah

(Manaasik-ul-Hajj wal 'Umrah)

from the Book and Sunnah and Narrations from the Pious Predecessors

(fil Kitaab wa Sunnah wa Athar as-Salaf)

Shaikh Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaani

Click on the link below for the following information on Hajj and Umrah.

Table of Contents:
    Advice for those about to do Hajj
    Assuming Ihram
    The Meeqaats
    The Prophets order to perform Hajj ut-tamattu
    Prayer in Wadee ul-Aqeeq
    Talbeeyah and raising the voice
    Ghusl for entring Makka
    Tawwaf of Qudoom (arrival)
    Iltizaam between the corner and the door
    Sa'ee between Safa and Marwa
    Ihlaal (calling aloudd with talbeeyah) for Hajj on yaum ut tarwiiyyah
    Proceeding to Arafah
    Fajr prayer in Muzdalifah
    The Stoning
    The Sacrifice
    Staying overnight in Mina
    The farewell Tawaaf (tawaaf alwadaa')
    Footnotes

http://www.qss.org/articles/hajjalb/rites.html
    Worship only the CREATOR, HE is One and HE is the SUSTAINER of the Universe. Do not worship any of HIS creations nor through HIS creations

Odan

.......would it be weird if they wrote the duas down on a piece of paper in the transliteration and walked around the ka'ba with it? or if they like carried a booklet with them whilst they were performing the umrah/hajj to make sure they are doing everything correct?.......
    There is no particular dhikr for tawaaf - so you may read Qur'an or say any dhikr you please, according to the Prophet's saying :
    Tawaaf around the House is prayer, except that Allah has allowed speech in it, so he who speaks then let him not say except, good things and in a narration : so let him limit his talk in it."(At-Tirmidhee and others)

And you should say between the Yemeni corner and the Black Stone corner:
    "O Allaah give us good in this life, and good in the Hereafter and save us from the Punishment of the Fire."(Abu Dawud and others. Authenticated by many scholars)

Rabbanaa aatinaa fid-dunyaa hasanatan wa feel aakhirati hasanatan wa qinaa 'adhaaban naar [Soorat-ul-Baqarah ayah 201]
    Last edited by aboosait; 12-06-10 at 04:46 PM.
    Worship only the CREATOR, HE is One and HE is the SUSTAINER of the Universe. Do not worship any of HIS creations nor through HIS creations

Odan

...............I stepped through the main gate ..........
    Which is the main gate ? At the time when I visited the Grand Mosque there were, if I am not mistaken about 90 gates and as I walked from my lodge which was near the grave yard of Mu'alla, I reached The Uthman Gate and entered through it. As far as I can recollect, the gates had numbers and names but never heard of a "Main Gate" Kindly enlighten me on this.

alfi salella alel madani ahmed_abdullah's Avatar

When i first laid my eyes on ka'ba when i was a kid like 6 year old boy and i didn't even knew what the ka'ba is actually but all i knew was it is very holy and as people used to go near the ka'ba then do dua i used to do that as well.It was wonderful time in makkah Muazam and madina e haram especially loved to be in madina in the masjid e nabawi.
    It was not kind of like picnic for me though but still it is the most pleasant moments of the lifetime.
    صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
    Al-Muslimeen

♥ a crooked rib ♥ ~TwinklingStar~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aboosait View Post
    Which is the main gate ? At the time when I visited the Grand Mosque there were, if I am not mistaken about 90 gates and as I walked from my lodge which was near the grave yard of Mu'alla, I reached The Uthman Gate and entered through it. As far as I can recollect, the gates had numbers and names but never heard of a "Main Gate" Kindly enlighten me on this.
    There are actually five main gates - "Bab-e-Malik Abdul Aziz" "Bab-e-Fateh" , "Bab-e-Safa" , "Bab-e-Umrah" and "Bab-e-Fahad" , but many people take Gate No 1 i.e. Bab-e-Malik Abdul Aziz to be the main "main gate"

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post
    There are actually five main gates - "Bab-e-Malik Abdul Aziz" "Bab-e-Fateh" , "Bab-e-Safa" , "Bab-e-Umrah" and "Bab-e-Fahad" , but many people take Gate No 1 i.e. Bab-e-Malik Abdul Aziz to be the main "main gate"
    Jazakallahu khair.

But who designated the five gates as "main"?

The Prophet Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam is reported to have entered the masjid from Bab Bani Shaibah as that was the nearest way to the Black Stone (Al-Hajrul-Aswad). But he has not fixed any particular gate as "main gate" as far as I know.

MashaAllah..I really cant put into words how I felt the first time I saw the ka'bah. Honestly even thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. SubhanAllah . One thing I can say though, is that I've never wanted to die so much in my life. Every time I prayed there, Id make duaa that Allah takes my life there and in sajdah. May Allah allow us all to return there aameen.
    "..And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him."
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]

Account Disabled

it's feeling i can't describe to be honest i can't put it in words, other than the most purest of joys that i have felt its a feeling that i can only describe as something that touches your soul.

if anyone really knows what that means

Quote Originally Posted by PearlOfIslam View Post

MashaAllah..I really cant put into words how I felt the first time I saw the ka'bah. Honestly even thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. SubhanAllah . One thing I can say though, is that I've never wanted to die so much in my life. Every time I prayed there, Id make duaa that Allah takes my life there and in sajdah. May Allah allow us all to return there aameen.
    that's deep.
    " and never think of those who have been killed in the cause of Allah as dead. rather, they are alive with their Lord, receiving provision " ['Al Imran:169]

"Their souls are in the insides of green birds having lanterns suspended from the Throne, roaming freely in Paradise where they please, then taking shelter in those lanterns." [Muslim]

Odan

........Every time I prayed there, Id make duaa that

• Allah takes my life there and
    • in sajdah. ....
    Is such a dua permitted in Islaam? If yes please provide proof from the sources of Islamic Rulings namely the Qur'an and the Sunnah.

^ Its not allowed to make duaa that you die, but theres this duaa from the Sunnah (“Oh Allah give me life if You know that life is better
    for me. And give me death if You know that death is better for me.”)..so we are allowed to say this wa Allahu a3lam. Its not like I was saying 'oh Allah make me die etc etc'..theres wisdom behind everything that occurs and there is also wisdom behind the number of years we live.
    "..And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him."
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]

فاصبر صبراً جميلاً

I also heard it's acceptable to make dua you die not because you're discontent with your current life, but rather you love Allah SO MUCH that you don't want to sin any more, but by your very nature (as a human being) you're prone to sin so the only viable solution is death.

Allahu 3alam.

فاصبر صبراً جميلاً

Well the name of the gates escape me but there's one gate through which most pilgrims enter and is usually the most crowded. Oh and it also has a direct b-line to the ka3ba.

I don't think there is a designated "main gate" so to speak. But it's pretty easy to tell which gate is the most popular and arguably the biggest.

Odan

...........there's one gate through which most pilgrims enter and is usually the most crowded. Oh and it also has a direct b-line to the ka3ba....
    Several gates lead you directly to the K'aba. During the Hajj season each gate will seem more crowded than the other.

alfi salella alel madani ahmed_abdullah's Avatar

^ Its not allowed to make duaa that you die, but theres this duaa from the Sunnah (“Oh Allah give me life if You know that life is better
    for me. And give me death if You know that death is better for me.”)..so we are allowed to say this wa Allahu a3lam. Its not like I was saying 'oh Allah make me die etc etc'..theres wisdom behind everything that occurs and there is also wisdom behind the number of years we live.
    I've heard many people die in sajdah in makkah and it is really scary to stand beside them as you know your namaz would be full of fear as the other person have died maybe we can too.But it is so beautiful to have such a death in sajdah like that and so desirable too.
    صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
    Al-Muslimeen

Odan

Several gates lead you directly to the K'aba. During the Hajj season each gate will seem more crowded than the other.
    And the mosque now has 176 gates.
    http://f1mail.rediff.com/prism/readmail?function_name=prev&file_name=&folder=Inbo x&index=4&startcount=0&msgcount=20&SrtFld=2&SrtOrd =1&displaybulk=&mailcount=2700&els=1416ee7982a59aa 8197d3cddff3482db

My first thoughts were, whoa its really big! anyone try to kiss the hajar al aswad? That is no simple feat
    By the morning brightness and by the night when it grows still, your Lord has not forsaken you [Prophet], nor does He hate you, and the future will be better for you than the past; your Lord is sure to give you so much that you will be well satisfied.

الله مولانا ولا مولى لهم Abu Jaffar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile View Post
    My first thoughts were, whoa its really big! anyone try to kiss the hajar al aswad? That is no simple feat
    Samething, I made it twice the first time I wanted to take to take my head out but I couldn't, people were pushing my head inwards, i told myself "I want to kiss it but not merge with it."
    islamway
    اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
    Samething, I made it twice the first time I wanted to take to take my head out but I couldn't, people were pushing my head inwards, thought my mind I want to kiss it but not merge with it.
    Lol I have done it twice too, my aunt helped me the first time, subhanallah I thought I was going to die, its strange when it happens you are trying to get through then all of a sudden you get this almighty push and its right in front of you and everything goes slow and it seems so easy the minute you kiss it, after that though you are done for, the hardest thing is getting out, I was shouting to my aunt help! I'm getting squashed she dragged me out Alhamdulilah, it was so funny though some man tried to go over the men but then his glasses fell and he started panicking and shouting frantically searching for his glasses, the way people behave is not islamic they become drunk almost,
    By the morning brightness and by the night when it grows still, your Lord has not forsaken you [Prophet], nor does He hate you, and the future will be better for you than the past; your Lord is sure to give you so much that you will be well satisfied.

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile View Post

.......the way people behave is not islamic they become drunk almost.....,
    The Hajj tour operators arrange for training camps where the speakers often repeat the following Hadith so much so that the people learn it by heart.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Touching the Black Stone and the Yemeni Corner indeed erases sins.” (Narrated by Ahmad from Ibn ‘Umar; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, no. 2194).

Though the speakers tell them that under the present circumstances if it is not possible to touch the black stone, then they should point to it with their hand and say Alahu Akbar but If it is not possible to touch the yemani corner, then they should not point to it with their hand. the people dont pay heed but rush to touch and kiss the black stone.

Walaykum as Salaam

.....For those of us who have been blessed to visit the House of Allah, I want you ALL (yes, even you fulaan) to post your first experience and the associated feelings and emotions you had when you first laid your eyes on the ka3ba!
    I could not believe my luck , really I am here ? I am seeing holy Kaaba just in front of me ? When I went near to Kaaba and touched that , I felt so much peace . It's impossible to express the real feelings in words. Also unless one visits Kaaba , it's not possible for him /her to understand the feeligns of first seeing Kaaba.

I was feeling ashamed . How in our daily lives , we waste time , we backbite , we are so careless about the fact that one day we will go to the Lord of the Kaaba .

InshaAllah , I will be able to visit kaaba many more times and I pray that I will die eithter in Macca or Madina .

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Sister in faith View Post
    .......I pray that I will die eithter in Macca or Madina .
    Why? What are the benefits of dieing while in those holy cities? Please answer me with proof from the Qur'an and Sunnah.