Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

wal 'aqibatulil muttaqeen Uthman Ibn Afan's Avatar

Sufi, Shafi'ee, Maturidi, Hanafi, Wahabi, Maliki, Athari, Ahle Hadith, Deobandi.....

http://kondori.wordpress.com/

Like this page on FB
    HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.

"...its better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness..."

"We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
    Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Salātullāhi wa Salāmuhu Ďalayka ya Rasūlallāh

Re: Sufi, Shafi'ee, Maturidi, Hanafi, Wahabi, Maliki, Athari, Ahle Hadith, Deobandi..

Like this page on FB

"We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
    Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Re: Sufi, Shafi'ee, Maturidi, Hanafi, Wahabi, Maliki, Athari, Ahle Hadith, Deobandi..

I watched the first part last night, I have to say I found it very interesting, probably because I myself find myself am becoming more and more tolerant to the differences within the Ummah.

الإسلام هو الحياة sis_on_sunnah's Avatar

Last edited by sis_on_sunnah; 23-05-10 at 12:01 PM.
    http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Rabbighfirli Warhamni TroubledBrother's Avatar

i thought this might be interesting, but i seen a videos of this scholar on you tube and was not too impressed, and have heard the jist of this talk is that they are all correct. In essence then he is saying that to group oneself is ok, which fundamentally can't be right for there is only the muslim and no more.

I DONT REPLY 2 PM'S

i only watched the first part yesterday i kinda got the impression it was heading towards keep it simple n not indulge into some matters too deeply
    Jo kaam karta hai tu chup ke jahaan se
    koi dekhta hai tujhe aasmaan se

alfi salella alel madani ahmed_abdullah's Avatar

True just keep it simple, just that if Allah wishes each and every person of ummah of rasulallah salellahualaihiwaslam will go to jannah, this should be in our thoughts and prayers everytime.
    صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
    Al-Muslimeen

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Sunni Student View Post
    I watched the first part last night, I have to say I found it very interesting, probably because I myself find myself am becoming more and more tolerant to the differences within the Ummah.

Let us co-exist despite our differences but lets not pretend that we differ on matters of aqeeda etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TroubledBrother View Post
    i thought this might be interesting, but i seen a videos of this scholar on you tube and was not too impressed, and have heard the jist of this talk is that they are all correct.
    at least listen to the talk before coming up with the conclusion of what he said

In essence then he is saying that to group oneself is ok, which fundamentally can't be right for there is only the muslim and no more.
    so in other words your saying that only one group is Muslim and all others arent. this is the first thing the shaykh talked about when people always come out loaded with their takfir guns.
    take some time and watch the lecture then tell me if theres anything wrong with what he said. I think the only people who would have issues with it are those who have a 'saved sect' mentality.
    Last edited by Uthman Ibn Afan; 23-05-10 at 02:26 PM.

Like this page on FB

Shaykh Akram Nadwi

الإسلام هو الحياة sis_on_sunnah's Avatar

assalamu alaykum,

i did listen to most of the lecture and i didnt really agree with how he was going about delivering the lecture... i mean, he was so blatantly trying to mock certain groups of people in a covert manner by doing imitations of them and implying that all they do is say 'kaafir kaafir' and this lecture was supposed to unite the ummah right? also, the way the shaykh explained the differences in prayer was masha'Allah good but then it could give off the impression that the way one prays is certainly correct and therefore less people will seek to perfect their prayers and seek to search ways which are contrary to their own.. its like he was saying that those who pray with their hands on their side then that is correct because they have hadith to back them up, but surely we should at least make attempts to see if the hadiths we follow have been authenticated, rather than just follow any hadith?

i dont have any saved sect mentality wallahu aalum, but i did see issues with the talk.

in spite of the above, i appreciate that he was willing to take on such a sensitive issue, however, i dont necessarily agree with what was said
    http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

I thought he was balanced even with regards to salafis and non-madhab followers. the differences in prayer have always been their since the time of the salaf, so to imply that they're baseless is wrong. he said that even non-madhabis in effect do follow a madhab they follow the madhab (way) of their shuyookh and theres nothing wrong with that as long as they stick to their principles & dont go following different opinions when it suits them.
    the examples he gave are from whats going on around us. I personally know one brother who doesnt follow a particular madhab, normally he follows the shafi asr time but if he gets busy then he would follow hanafi time, I think thats the sort of danger the shaykh was talking about. and about the aqeedah issues just take a look at this forum with some insisting Allah literally has a foot and others insisting its metaphorical. why even go down that road, arguing over something we have no idea about. we all believe in Allah, in tawheed, in all the ayats of the quran and authentic hadiths so just believe in them and move on.
    people shouldnt go round trying to 'covert' one another to their way understanding and instead focus that effort on giving dawah to the majority of Muslim who arent even practicing.

Like this page on FB

Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Rabbighfirli Warhamni TroubledBrother's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uthman Ibn Afan View Post
    at least listen to the talk before coming up with the conclusion of what he said

so in other words your saying that only one group is Muslim and all others arent. this is the first thing the shaykh talked about when people always come out loaded with their takfir guns.
    take some time and watch the lecture then tell me if theres anything wrong with what he said. I think the only people who would have issues with it are those who have a 'saved sect' mentality.
    I didn't say they weren't muslim, far from that, who am i to say that he/she isn't muslim.
    My point was, we should refer to ourselves as muslims and nothing more. It's this craving for being an individual, standing away from others, doing soemthing different that's the problem.

The reason i didn't watch all of it was, because like sis_sunnah said, the way he delivers the lecture, put me off.

I didn't say they weren't muslim, far from that, who am i to say that he/she isn't muslim.
    My point was, we should refer to ourselves as muslims and nothing more. It's this craving for being an individual, standing away from others, doing soemthing different that's the problem.
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...10#post3845610

Like this page on FB

Shaykh Akram Nadwi

alfi salella alel madani ahmed_abdullah's Avatar

I thought he was balanced even with regards to salafis and non-madhab followers. the differences in prayer have always been their since the time of the salaf, so to imply that they're baseless is wrong. he said that even non-madhabis in effect do follow a madhab they follow the madhab (way) of their shuyookh and theres nothing wrong with that as long as they stick to their principles & dont go following different opinions when it suits them.
    the examples he gave are from whats going on around us. I personally know one brother who doesnt follow a particular madhab, normally he follows the shafi asr time but if he gets busy then he would follow hanafi time, I think thats the sort of danger the shaykh was talking about. and about the aqeedah issues just take a look at this forum with some insisting Allah literally has a foot and others insisting its metaphorical. why even go down that road, arguing over something we have no idea about. we all believe in Allah, in tawheed, in all the ayats of the quran and authentic hadiths so just believe in them and move on.
    people shouldnt go round trying to 'covert' one another to their way understanding and instead focus that effort on giving dawah to the majority of Muslim who arent even practicing.
    One should condomn scholars who openely preach about islam without even understanding it properly,many scholars of ahle sunnah condemn such open talk about what you don't know, like that person was simply saying glorious leg, he meant that Allah has leg which clearly he is going against quran.People will follow him thinking he is true and islamic but infact he is not islamic.
    If someone knows about the true thing then it is their responsibility to speak about it that the person is wrong and whoever follows it is wrong.

Samething is said by speaker Maulana Hassan Ali just keep it simple and be in the fold of islam.
    صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
    Al-Muslimeen

I thought he was balanced and I thought it was a very good talk. I don't think he came across anti salafi or pro hanafi or anything like that alhamdulillah
    "And We will remove whatever is in their breasts of resentment, [so they will be] brothers, on thrones facing each other."
    Al Hijr: 47

Maulana Hasan Ali is v. funny

he has a good way of explaining things...i liked the frog in the well example....although didnt listen to all of it..need to inshaAllah

I finished watching the first part and its good I have to say. How do I get this on mp3?

is he from the ulama?
    Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
    فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

scribble
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by Asma-SE View Post
    I thought he was balanced and I thought it was a very good talk. I don't think he came across anti salafi or pro hanafi or anything like that alhamdulillah
    Yup, agreed

Account Disabled

Hmm. so how long has this brother studied aqeedah for? lol Interesting, very interesting. Wrong, but interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by aG123 View Post
    Hmm. so how long has this brother studied aqeedah for? lol Interesting, very interesting. Wrong, but interesting.
    How long have you studied aqeedah for?
    If you were in the clouds, Allah would raise us to you or lower you to us for battle.

said this to the Byzantine troops when they retreated from the battle field to the fortified town of Chalcis.

- Khalid ibn Walid

Shayk ul Islam yeh...
    "And We will remove whatever is in their breasts of resentment, [so they will be] brothers, on thrones facing each other."
    Al Hijr: 47

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Fais View Post
    How long have you studied aqeedah for?
    You don't get the joke, do you? well following this lecture, more then enough.

Sorry my bad bro, i just thought you were mocking. Thats the way the post came across. Sorry.
    If you were in the clouds, Allah would raise us to you or lower you to us for battle.

said this to the Byzantine troops when they retreated from the battle field to the fortified town of Chalcis.

- Khalid ibn Walid

Quote Originally Posted by Fais View Post
    Sorry my bad bro, i just thought you were mocking. Thats the way the post came across. Sorry.
    is he from the ulama? like spent 6 yrs in madrassah and became alim?

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
    فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

I disagree with him in some things; the scholars or the 'madrassah' ulama could have refuted him down too in some points. What did u disagree with?

Quote Originally Posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
    is he from the ulama? like spent 6 yrs in madrassah and became alim?
    didnt he say that he's been studying for 21 years starting from madrassah. so I think that should qualify him to be an 'alim.

Like this page on FB

Shaykh Akram Nadwi

didnt he say that he's been studying for 21 years starting from madrassah. so I think that should qualify him to be an 'alim.
    no i was jus wondering because from what I know, "Hanafis" do not teach madrassah boyz from some of his views he expressed.

Account Disabled

The brother had no idea what Athari was like he said he never heard of it which across as strange.