Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Sheikh Muhammad al-Yaqobi's recipe for a sharp memory;

Shiekh Muhammad Al-Yaqobi's recipe for a sharp memory;

- 1 Glass of water

- 2 teaspoons of honey

- 7 times surah Fatiha

everyday
    ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
    Rumi RahimuAllah.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: Sheikh Muhammad al-Yaqobi's recipe for a sharp memory;

might be a dumb question, but is the honey put in water or eaten seperatly??
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

nah it's not dumb cuz i asked the same thing as far as I'm aware it's together but when i get more info from fellow mureeds i'll pass it on insh'Allah
    ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
    Rumi RahimuAllah.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

is this a joke ?
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *asiya* View Post
    is this a joke ?
    no this is a joke . . .

why did the bird fall out of the tree?

because it was DEAD!!

**rotfl**

man, I am TOO funnay.
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

is this a joke ?
    why would you think that ?
    Rumi RahimuAllah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

is this a joke ?
    Y would it be a jokee for?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why it be a joke?

My mum told me to improve memory to eat like almond nuts. Soak them in water for a bit.. then take off the skin and then have it?
    Ask Allah for everything, even if it is only a shoe-lace, beacuse if Allah does not make it easy, then it will not be possible

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

yeh thats another method. soak them the night before, peel the skin off in morning and have with milk. another one of my mates, back when he was doing his hifz would have crushed almonds and pistachio in warm milk for brekky.

benefits are felt as soon as a couple of weeks after starting **thumbs up**

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
    yeh thats another method. soak them the night before, peel the skin off in morning and have with milk. another one of my mates, back when he was doing his hifz would have crushed almonds and pistachio in warm milk for brekky.

this is a stupid question but I jus wanted to ask if that is in warm water or cold water????

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

dont think it makes a difference, but I use/d warm water. it'll go cold over night anyway.

Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1569 Post(s)

If you are removing almond skin instantly then hot hot water works best

If soaking overnight then use lukewarm water, as bro. Med says it will go cold anyway...but still loosen the skin

or if you wanna be lazy you can buy blanched almonds in the health shop!!

Also Mum used to give that milk to bro when he was doing Hifz and he still has it when he is leading Taraweeh.....so it must work
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

my mum was telling me to leave them to soak in milk over night is really good for u as well ? is that true ? oh and u leave the milk in da fridge.. i think she may of had it mixed up lack of almonds u see lol

but i did try it today lets see if it kicks in b4 exams
    Rumi RahimuAllah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My mum said get almonds soak them in water and take the skin off, have like i dont know a few them everyday and you should be fine. I only ever tried it once and nothing happened loq
    Ask Allah for everything, even if it is only a shoe-lace, beacuse if Allah does not make it easy, then it will not be possible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From Islam Q&A:

Praise be to Allaah.

Some of the things that may help to combat forgetfulness are the following:

Keeping away from sin, because the bad effects of sin result in a bad memory and the inability to retain knowledge. The darkness of sin cannot co-exist with the light of knowledge. The following words were attributed to al-Shaafa'i, may Allaah have mercy on him:

“I complained to [my shaykh] Wakee’ about my bad memory, and he taught me that I should keep away from sin.

He said that knowledge of Allaah is light, and the light of Allaah is not given to the sinner.”

Al-Khateeb reported in al-Jaami’ (2/387) that Yahya ibn Yahya said: “A man asked Maalik ibn Anas, ‘O Abu ‘Abd-Allaah! Is there anything that will improve my memory?’ He said, ‘If anything will improve it, it is giving up sin.’”

When a person commits a sin, it overwhelms him and this leads to anxiety and sorrow which keeps him busy thinking about what he has done. This dulls his senses and distracts him from many beneficial things, including seeking knowledge.
    Frequently remembering Allaah, may He be glorified, by reciting dhikr, tasbeeh (saying ‘Subhan Allaah’), tahmeed (‘Al-hamdu Lillaah’), tahleel (‘Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah’) and takbeer (‘Allaahu akbar’), etc. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “…And remember your Lord when you forget…” [al-Kahf 18:24] Not eating too much, because eating too much makes one sleep too much and become lazy, and it dulls the senses, besides exposing one to the risk of physical diseases. Most of the diseases which we see result from food and drink. Some of the scholars have mentioned certain foods which increase the memory, such as drinking honey and eating raisins and chewing certain kinds of gum resin.

Imaam al-Zuhri said: “You should eat honey because it is good for the memory.”

He also said: “Whoever wants to memorize hadeeth should eat raisins.” (From al-Jaami’ by al-Khateeb, 2/394).

Ibraaheem ibn [sth. omitted] said, “You should chew resin gum, because it gives energy to the heart and gets rid of forgetfulness.” (From al-Jaami’ by al-Khateeb, 2/397).

As they mentioned, too much acidic food is one of the causes of laziness and weak memory.
    Another thing that can help the memory and reduce forgetfulness is cupping (hijaamah) of the head, as is well known from experience. (For more information see Al-Tibb al-Nabawi by Ibn al-Qayyim). And Allaah knows best.

-----

Gum resin, we call it loobaan which I think is mastic gum (?) If someone knows for definite though, please do correct me.
    Abu Huraira RA narrated that Allah’s Messenger SAW said:
    Who-ever says ‘Subhan Allahi wa bihamdi hi, one hundred time a day, will be forgiven all his sins even if they were as much as the foam of the sea.
    Narrated by Al-Bukhari and Muslim.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by غير معروف View Post
    From Islam Q&A:

Praise be to Allaah.

Keeping away from sin, because the bad effects of sin result in a bad memory and the inability to retain knowledge. The darkness of sin cannot co-exist with the light of knowledge. The following words were attributed to al-Shaafa'i, may Allaah have mercy on him:

“I complained to [my shaykh] Wakee’ about my bad memory, and he taught me that I should keep away from sin.

He said that knowledge of Allaah is light, and the light of Allaah is not given to the sinner.”

Al-Khateeb reported in al-Jaami’ (2/387) that Yahya ibn Yahya said: “A man asked Maalik ibn Anas, ‘O Abu ‘Abd-Allaah! Is there anything that will improve my memory?’ He said, ‘If anything will improve it, it is giving up sin.’”

When a person commits a sin, it overwhelms him and this leads to anxiety and sorrow which keeps him busy thinking about what he has done. This dulls his senses and distracts him from many beneficial things, including seeking knowledge.
    Frequently remembering Allaah, may He be glorified, by reciting dhikr, tasbeeh (saying ‘Subhan Allaah’), tahmeed (‘Al-hamdu Lillaah’), tahleel (‘Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah’) and takbeer (‘Allaahu akbar’), etc. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “…And remember your Lord when you forget…” [al-Kahf 18:24] Not eating too much, because eating too much makes one sleep too much and become lazy, and it dulls the senses, besides exposing one to the risk of physical diseases. Most of the diseases which we see result from food and drink. Some of the scholars have mentioned certain foods which increase the memory, such as drinking honey and eating raisins and chewing certain kinds of gum resin.

He also said: “Whoever wants to memorize hadeeth should eat raisins.” (From al-Jaami’ by al-Khateeb, 2/394).

Ibraaheem ibn [sth. omitted] said, “You should chew resin gum, because it gives energy to the heart and gets rid of forgetfulness.” (From al-Jaami’ by al-Khateeb, 2/397).

As they mentioned, too much acidic food is one of the causes of laziness and weak memory.
    Another thing that can help the memory and reduce forgetfulness is cupping (hijaamah) of the head, as is well known from experience. (For more information see Al-Tibb al-Nabawi by Ibn al-Qayyim). And Allaah knows best.

-----

Gum resin, we call it loobaan which I think is mastic gum (?) If someone knows for definite though, please do correct me.
    JazakAllahu Khayr!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by غير معروف View Post
    From Islam Q&A:

Praise be to Allaah.

-----

Loobaan is called frankincense in english.
    "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Kamaa Tadeenu Tudaan Abu Mus'ab's Avatar
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Has anyone tried these things?

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BismIllah hir Rahman ir Rahim,

perfect timing, i needed these tips

inshaAllah il try them tomorrow..or today if i get the chance just needa figure out which method to start with...please keep me and my family(and our ummah ) in ur duas

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
    Has anyone tried these things?
    La Ilaha Illa Anta, subhanaka, Inni Kunto Minal dhalimeen.(Al Anbiya 21:87) Nabi(SAW)said'None who is experiencing difficulty employs it except that Allah would relieve him of his difficulty'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Memory is a very fickle thing but here are some tips to keep it sharp.
    1. Repetition or you can say practice, practice, practice
    2. Next look for associations in what it is you are learning, how seemingly different bits of information link together, then if you can recall one bit it is easier to recall the other.
    3. Discussion is also good for it lets you look at a piece of information from many angles and eventually that information will become your own. This discussion board is good in that respect because you can 'try out' what you know and see what others say as well as refining your own logic and presentation skills
    4. Discuss what you know with anyone who will listen, don't be put off by thinking to yourself 'they will never understand' because if so you can explain it, simplify it, illustrate it and all this helps with memory.
    5. Create a picture in your mind, rather like an analogy that help you remember and understand at the same time.
    6. It is a good idea not to try to rush learning, so take a break (long or short); a walk, sit in the sun, listen to music, a cup of coffee almost anything to give the brain a chance to daydream and reorganise its pathways.
    7. Lastly try to apply what it is you are remembering. So if you are trying to memorize Ohms law try it out on a few examples and that way it gets embedded in your conciousness (similar to item 1)
    Last edited by Umpety; 07-07-11 at 06:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Islamisthebest View Post
    My mum said get almonds soak them in water and take the skin off, have like i dont know a few them everyday and you should be fine. I only ever tried it once and nothing happened loq
    That's an interesting method, i'm curious about the result. Would like to try..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hahha well i does not i think so
    [URL="http://www.learningquranonline.com"]learn quran[/URL] [URL="http://quranforkids.org/quran-teacher/"]click here for live Quran teacher[/URL] [URL="http://www.learningquranonline.com/memorize-quran-online.htm"]Memorize Quran Online[/URL] [URL="http://quranforkids.org"]read Quran[/URL]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

So is the honey eaten seprately?

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
    [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post

In our childhood, my nan and mum used to advice us to soak the almonds in the water overnight, then in the early morning rub them on a mud plate something like this one:

when you rub them on this kind of plate it develops as a paste due to the rough surface of the plate and then have that paste on empty stomach... this is to increase of hafiza (memory).

No wonder we all turned up quite good in education mashaAllah *outta*
    Last edited by truepath; 10-01-12 at 06:50 AM.
    لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

wah wah!!

Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1569 Post(s)

Wasnt it Imam Shafi'ee who said that excessive sinning will have an effect on memroy.

Because 'ilm is noor, and sin in dhulmah, and where there is dhulmah the noor of Allah swt cannot enter?

Abundant istighfaar!!
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

hating on progressives AhlulQuran88's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truepath View Post
    In our childhood, my nan and mum used to advice us to soak the almonds in the water overnight, then in the early morning rub them on a mud plate something like this one:

when you rub them on this kind of plate it develops as a paste due to the rough surface of the plate and then have that paste on empty stomach... this is to increase of hafiza (memory).

No wonder we all turned up quite good in education mashaAllah *outta*
    That´s so similiar to what we had as kids, my mom would turn the almonds and pistachios into a paste add honey and warm milks and we would eat like a sort of poridge but it was good very filling and sweet

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adri View Post
    So is the honey eaten seprately?
    I put it inside, though I've ran out of honey so just being reading at fatiah and drinking water in the morning before i pray fajr.
    Rumi RahimuAllah.

hating on progressives AhlulQuran88's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .Abu.Rambo. View Post
    I put it inside, though I've ran out of honey so just being reading at fatiah and drinking water in the morning before i pray fajr.
    have your skull cupped i do it every year , hijama really works and helps and lots of dua quranic dua from surah Ta-Ha rabee zidnee ilmaa in your sujuud in salah

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
    have your skull cupped i do it every year , hijama really works and helps and lots of dua quranic dua from surah Ta-Ha rabee zidnee ilmaa in your sujuud in salah
    I've been taught not to get cupped without a valid reason allahu ali3m.
    Rumi RahimuAllah.

Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1569 Post(s)

وَالْعَصْرِ

Khanqah Habibiyah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

How do you see improvements?

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[2] Ibid. pg. 46

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adri View Post
    How do you see improvements?
    you just memorize t hings easier.. I before I would find it difficult to memorize arabic words and grammatical rules but now they fly off my tongue.
    Rumi RahimuAllah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Alhumdulillah.

[2] Ibid. pg. 46

Kamaa Tadeenu Tudaan Abu Mus'ab's Avatar
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenicca View Post
    Wasnt it Imam Shafi'ee who said that excessive sinning will have an effect on memroy.

Because 'ilm is noor, and sin in dhulmah, and where there is dhulmah the noor of Allah swt cannot enter?

Abundant istighfaar!!
    It was imaam shaafi'is ustaadh wakee' ibn al jarraah rahimahumallaah that said it.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Shiekh Muhammad Al-Yaqobi's recipe for a sharp memory;

- 1 Glass of water

- 2 teaspoons of honey

- 7 times surah Fatiha

everyday

do you recite in the glass ? and spit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

visit www.alaqsadirect.com

Has many books dealing with issues such as this.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sharp memory:
    eat healthy & exercise

no use sharp memory without knowledge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted