Ads by Muslim Ad Network


Results 1 to 32 of 32
  1. #1
    الفقير إلى رحمة الله ahaneefah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    266

    Exclamation Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    The Messenger of Allah salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam was telling his uncle Al Abaas the story of Mugheeth and Bareerah, he said: "O Abbas! Isn't it amazing how much Mugheeth loves Bareerah/Barirah and how much Bareerah hates? Mugheeth?"

    Bareerah was a female slave and A'isha was interested in buying her. She was married to Mugheer, and Ai'sha freed her (they were married in slavery); a free woman cannot marry a slave man, so after she became free, she had the choice to keep this marriage or to ask for the dissolvent of the marriage. She said, "Alhamdulillah, I'm tired of this marriage, I'm going to get out." Mugheer loved her so much, sincerely and honestly. After she left him, he couldn't take it, so he went in public weeping, chasing her, asking her "Ya Bareera just look at me or talk to me." He went to sahaba and said, "Please talk to her for me (to Abu Bakr and Umar and at the end, even to the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wassalam) to ask him to intercede. So Prophet (peace be upon him) (as the mercy for mankind) felt sorry for him, and he said he'd do it. When he went to Bareerah, she asked, "Are you commanding me or are you just interceding?" The Prophet said, "I'm interceding." She replied, "If this is the case, then I don't want him", and since all else failed, he spent his life chasing after her and crying for her.

    What to gain from the hadith:

    Excessive love sometimes causes the forgetfulness of shyness. Just like in his example, he could not hide his love for Bareerah, but the Prophet (peace be upon him) didn't chastise him for it (becuse it wasn't in his hands.) He wouldn't have been chastised for it unless he totally crossed the limits. Imam Ibn Hajr said that it is permissible if it's out of someone's hands.

    In the story above, Mugeeth even went to the extent that he asked the Prophet to intercede for him. Mugheeth loved her so much that the Prophet didn't deny that love, and he didn't say, "You can't because she's not your wife anymore."

    *Love is a secret and it's an amazing secret from Allah (Subhanaw wa Ta'Ala!)*

    [Sahih Al Bukhari - Book 63 [of divorce] #206]

  2. #2
    Odan RaineR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    7,498
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    192

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    where are u getting these amazing stories from !
    for those who say love does not exist ...think again.
    but also "love is blind" for him to go to a weeping place..in public I dont think nowadays men would cry in public
    There is no such thing as an Israel,
    It is occupied-palestine


    Should the Jews have been given a homeland?

    YES...........in germany,

    the world should have given the jews germany as payment for the holocaust

  3. #3

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,168
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (10/129):

    Love is a psychological sickness, and if it grows strong it affects the body, and becomes a physical sickness, either as diseases of the brain, which are said to be diseases caused by waswaas, or diseases of the body such as weakness, emaciation and so on

    Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (10/185):

    If a man is in love with a woman, even if she is permissible for him, his heart remains enslaved to her, and she can control him as she wishes, even though outwardly he appears to be her master, because he is her husband; but in fact he is her prisoner and slave, especially if she is aware of his need and love for her. In that case, she will control him like a harsh and oppressive master controls his abject slave who cannot free himself from him. Rather he is worse off than that, because enslavement of the heart is worse than enslavement of the body.


    - Also is it Ibn Hajir explanation to the hadeeth which is the point to benefit?? Because there a few problems with the post inregards to what message it is giving out, one narraton does not lead to a complete understadning of any subject within the deen....for example the emotion which was there was not blameworthy but action upon it etc is not to be made permissable , as though its ok to chase a sister in public if she is not your mahram and other then this.

    Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (11/10):

    If that does not result from carelessness or transgression on his part, then there is no sin on him for what befalls him

    Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Rawdat al-Muhibbeen (147):

    If love occurs for a reason that is not haraam, the person is not to be blamed, such as one who loved his wife or slave woman, then he separated from her but the love remained and did not leave him. He is not to be blamed for that. Similarly if there was a sudden glance then he averted his gaze, but love took hold of his heart without him meaning it to, he must, however, ward it off and resist it.

    Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (10/133):

    If he is tested with love but he remains chaste and is patient, then he will be rewarded for fearing Allaah. It is known from shar’i evidence that if a person remains chaste and avoids haraam things in looking, word and deeds, and he keeps quiet about it and does not speak of it, so that there will be haraam talk about that, whether by complaining to another person or committing evil openly, or pursuing the beloved one in any way, and he is patient in obeying Allaah and avoiding sin, despite the pain of love that he feels in his heart, just as one who is afflicted with a calamity bears the pain of it with patience, then he will be one of those who fear Allaah and are patient, “Verily, he who fears Allaah with obedience to Him (by abstaining from sins and evil deeds, and by performing righteous good deeds), and is patient, then surely, Allaah makes not the reward of the Muhsinoon (good‑doers) to be lost” [Yoosuf 12:90].

    also something else which needs to be pointed out, especially with the actions of the beloved Prophet (saw) is the fact, they were married, and this narrations explanaiton has to do with Divorce and that which can be explained inregards to that subject.
    Last edited by aG123; 16-03-10 at 09:51 AM.

  4. #4

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,168
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah states;

    Compatibility between souls is one of the strongest causes of love. Every person is attracted towards that which is compatible with him, and this compatibility is of two types: original compatibility which is ingrained in the essence and that which comes later because of because of living together or having something in common.

    If your aims match his aims, there will be harmony between your soul and his, but if the aims are different, then harmony will no longer exist.

    As for original compatibility, it is a kind of similarity in attitude and similarity of souls. Each soul longs for other souls that are similar to it, because what is similar to something is naturally attracted to it, so the two souls may be similar in original creation, thus there will be a natural attraction to one another.

    This is what made some people say that love is not only caused by physical beauty, and the lack of physical beauty does not mean that there can be no love; rather it is similarity between souls and similarity in their characteristics which are created in them that matter.

    The reality of love is that it is like a mirror in which the lover sees his characteristics and kindness in the image of the one he loves, so in reality he loves nothing but himself and his characteristics and the one who has similar characteristics.

    Hence noble, pure and sublime souls love the characteristics of perfection in particular, so the dearest things to them are knowledge, bravery, dignity, generosity, kindness, patience and steadfastness, because these characteristics are compatible with the essence of these souls, unlike base and mean souls, which are far away from loving these characteristics

  5. #5

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,168
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    If the love relationship is based on similarity and harmony, then it will be reinforced and become stronger, and nothing could remove it except something stronger than the cause of it, and if it is not based on similarity and harmony, then it is no more than love for a reason, which will disappear when the reason disappears.

    Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal (may Allaah have mercy on him) narrated in his Musnad the hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her): A woman used to go to Quraysh and make them laugh. She came to Madeenah and stayed with a woman who also made people laugh. The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) said: With whom is So and so staying? She said: With So and so, who makes people laugh. He said: “Souls are like conscripted soldiers; those whom they recognize, they get along with, and those whom they do not recognize, they will not get along with.” The original version of this hadeeth is in al-Saheeh.

    With all this in the context of the narration above,makes you think what that relationship was based on.

  6. #6
    Odan IDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    2,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Nice post brother

    yes I agree, people seem to be confused about love for the sake of Allah and loving your spouse, it is natural to love your spouse and that is for the sake of Allah

    I think it is very nice how he loved her, but very sad she did not why

  7. #7
    On A Hired Plane of Logic LailaTheMuslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    12,737
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2601 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    442

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    ag123 don't ruin that love story!!!
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

    And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


    أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

    Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


    Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

    Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

  8. #8
    Transformation Complete Zesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    18,038
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    417

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Funnily enough, the only thing i have ever learnt from this narration and the only explanantion i continuosly read about it in various Islamic books is that its an example of how Women have a choice and free will in deciding who they are married to and that people should try and intercede and help as did Nabi SAW but the final decision is still hers.
    *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

  9. #9
    Odan IDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    2,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Quote Originally Posted by aG123 View Post

    With all this in the context of the narration above,makes you think what that relationship was based on.
    ideally you should love everyone not just those you are compatible with

    so the fact that Mugheeth loved her is nothing unusual, you choose to love someone and it does not matter whether they are bautiful, or funny or intelligent, or anything like that, you love without conditions, you love them and wish them well, you fall in love with the soul of that person, so what are you saying Mugheeth had no reason to love her when he fell in love with her soul and yes as a result liked her beauty also, she was his wife so how can you say what did he love her for

    I dont agree with those things you said, love for the sake of Allah means loving someone not because they make you feel good, doing good to them not to show off or to expect anything in return, but just loving them selflessly, when yuo dont love them for your personal gains, you love them for the sake of Allah, so I dont see why people have to go and make "the for the sake of Allah" love, as if that means something veyr robotic

  10. #10
    Odan IDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    2,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    what does "wala" mean?

    Narrated Al-Aswad: Aisha intended to buy Barira, but her masters stipulated that her wala wound be for them. Aisha mentioned that to the Prophet who said (to 'Aisha), "Buy and manumit her, for the wala is for the one who manumits." Once some me; was brought to the Prophet and was said, "This meat was given in charity to Barira. " The Prophet said, "It an object of charity for Barira and present for us."

  11. #11
    الله مولانا ولا مولى لهم Abu Jaffar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,676
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Quote Originally Posted by IDK View Post
    what does "wala" mean?

    Narrated Al-Aswad: Aisha intended to buy Barira, but her masters stipulated that her wala wound be for them. Aisha mentioned that to the Prophet who said (to 'Aisha), "Buy and manumit her, for the wala is for the one who manumits." Once some me; was brought to the Prophet and was said, "This meat was given in charity to Barira. " The Prophet said, "It an object of charity for Barira and present for us."
    After the slave is freed they are called Mawali موالي meaning that who frees this slave, this freed person will give his allegiance to the former master. e.g inheritance if there are no one to inherit a person this freed slave will inherit him.
    islamway
    اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة


  12. #12
    Super Moderator Jenicca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    22,110
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1559 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    728

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Why doesnt someboday post a happy love story?

    Like the love between Nabi and Aisha r.a.
    وَالْعَصْرِ

    إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

    إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

    "If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

    "Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

    Khanqah Habibiyah

  13. #13
    On A Hired Plane of Logic LailaTheMuslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    12,737
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2601 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    442

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Maybe I should, Jennica.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

    And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


    أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

    Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


    Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

    Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

  14. #14
    Odan IDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    2,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenicca View Post
    Why doesnt someboday post a happy love story?

    Like the love between Nabi and Aisha r.a.
    because it has been posted many times lol

  15. #15
    Odan IDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    2,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
    After the slave is freed they are called Mawali موالي meaning that who frees this slave, this freed person will give his allegiance to the former master. e.g inheritance if there are no one to inherit a person this freed slave will inherit him.
    ok jazakAllah

  16. #16

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,168
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Quote Originally Posted by IDK View Post
    ideally you should love everyone not just those you are compatible with

    so the fact that Mugheeth loved her is nothing unusual, you choose to love someone and it does not matter whether they are bautiful, or funny or intelligent, or anything like that, you love without conditions, you love them and wish them well, you fall in love with the soul of that person, so what are you saying Mugheeth had no reason to love her when he fell in love with her soul and yes as a result liked her beauty also, she was his wife so how can you say what did he love her for

    I dont agree with those things you said, love for the sake of Allah means loving someone not because they make you feel good, doing good to them not to show off or to expect anything in return, but just loving them selflessly, when yuo dont love them for your personal gains, you love them for the sake of Allah, so I dont see why people have to go and make "the for the sake of Allah" love, as if that means something veyr robotic
    to be honest, your interpretation of what the statement means has no weight. I posed the explanation of some of the most knowledgable scholars that ever lived, and one who was known to be the master or "doctor" of the heart. Your own interpretations and understanding is not something which plays apart in a muslim life, nor should anyones own understanding play apart in understanding principles when they have not reached a level to be able to comprehend the nature of the subject at hand.

    Unconditional love is only for Allah.

    Shaykul Islam also comments:

    If you look at creation, you will hardly find any two people who love one another except that there is some similarity between them or they have something in common with regard to deeds, characteristics or goals. If the goals, characteristics, deeds or ways differ, there can only be aversion and distance between their hearts. It is sufficient to note the saheeh hadeeth from the Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him): ““The believers, in their mutual mercy, love and compassion, are like a (single) body; if one part of it feels pain, the rest of the body will join it in staying awake and suffering fever.”

    Now inregards to ruining this thread, Then Im sorry but I've only put the correct islamic understanding of the subject at hand. This emotion everyone thinks they know so much about is not something strange to Islam, Islam is a complete way of life, we as muslim live by it and inshaAllah will die by it. Therefore everything we do, we feel, we think should be within the understanding of Islam InshaAllah. That should be an aim for all of us. And your post regarding robotic, knowledge is not robotic, anyone who tastes the sweet flavour of knowledge will know, the love of knowledge and Allah as a result , no other love can come close.

    As Shaykul Islam Ibn Taymiyah said:

    I felt sick and the doctor said to me: Your reading and discussing issues of knowledge is making your sickness worse. I said to him: I cannot stay away from that, and I shall discuss the issue on the basis of your (medical) knowledge. Is it not the case that when the soul feels joy, this gives strength to the body and wards off disease? He said yes. I said: Then my soul feels happy with knowledge and thus my body becomes stronger and this helps me to recover. He said: This is not part of our treatment, or words to that effect


    And I'm still waiting to find out who gave these benefits from the hadeeth...because if you read the narration and then the words of these great scholars, there is n contradiction, the hadeeth actually supports what these great scholars have said. Also before this discussion becomes Ag123 said, nearly all my post is based upon if not directly quoted from the scholars of the ummah, so this is not my view.

  17. #17
    Odan IDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    2,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    saheeh hadeeth from the Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him): ““The believers, in their mutual mercy, love and compassion, are like a (single) body; if one part of it feels pain, the rest of the body will join it in staying awake and suffering fever.”
    yes, you feel pain because you love that fellow believer, you wish him to be in a good state, you do not wish him to suffer, this is loving for sake of Allah, similarly if you feel this way towards your wife is love for teh sake of Allah, the only time when love is not for sake of Allah, is when you dont care that the person is sick, you are only unhappy that right now you cant play with them and have fun for for yourself

    it really is not hard to understand, I dont agree when people say "loving your wife or this or that is not REAL Love" why just because there is romance in there? who said romance is not from Allah, did not hte prophet saws have a romantic love with Aisha?

    there just seems to be a confusion of the way people understand what "for the sake of Allah means" that is all

    and so a man that is in love with a woman, it is for the sake of Allah, as long as he actualy cares for her wellbeing and wanting to be romantic is a natural thing between spouses, you seem to think whenever a man like mughira is in love with a woman greatly that is somehow against Allah, it is not because how do you worship Allah? do you ever feed Allah? astaghfirullah you dont, but you worship Allah by feeding His creatures, how do you claim to love allah when you dont love your brother, so these are all interconnected, when you love your brother or your wife, you are loving Allah
    Last edited by IDK; 16-03-10 at 02:55 PM.

  18. #18

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,168
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Quote Originally Posted by IDK View Post
    yes, you feel pain because you love that fellow believer, you wish him to be in a good state, you do not wish him to suffer, this is loving for sake of Allah, similarly if you feel this way towards your wife is love for teh sake of Allah, the only time when love is not for sake of Allah, is when you dont care that the person is sick, you are only unhappy that right now you cant play with them and have fun for for yourself

    it really is not hard to understand, I dont agree when people say "loving your wife or this or that is not REAL Love" why just because there is romance in there? who said romance is not from Allah, did not hte prophet saws have a romantic love with Aisha?

    there just seems to be a confusion of the way people understand what "for the sake of Allah means" that is all

    and so a man that is in love with a woman, it is for the sake of Allah, as long as he actualy cares for her wellbeing and wanting to be romantic is a natural thing between spouses, you seem to think whenever a man like mughira is in love with a woman greatly that is somehow against Allah, it is not because how do you worship Allah? do you ever feed Allah? astaghfirullah you dont, but you worship Allah by feeding His creatures, how do you claim to love allah when you dont love your brother, so these are all interconnected, when you love your brother or your wife, you are loving Allah
    1. You seem to have failed to read my entire post.
    2. I have not said loving the wife is not from Love which is acceptable and apart of islam, please re read my posts and quotes
    3.The confusion is not with shaykul islam ibn taymiyah nor Ibn qayum, rather if there is confusion it is between you and me and our understanding on this matter.
    4.Now your using other words, romance is not the same as love, and love for the sake of Allah is not the one and same as the word Love. There are many levels and sections of this very deep subject within islam. I think we should all read some book regards this emotion , the above two scholars quoted have done a very good job in this.
    5. To end,Your own examples and comprehension of the topic , like i said before holds no weight, your defining to me what Love for the sake of Allah is, yourself, where by i am giving you the scholars definition and statements regarding the topic, for furthur discussion on the matter, please read up and make this into a duscussion based upon knowledge of the scholars rather then your own or my own thinking. Jazakallah khair.

  19. #19
    Odan IDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    2,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    5. To end,Your own examples and comprehension of the topic , like i said before holds no weight, your defining to me what Love for the sake of Allah is, yourself, where by i am giving you the scholars definition and statements regarding the topic, for furthur discussion on the matter, please read up and make this into a duscussion based upon knowledge of the scholars rather then your own or my own thinking. Jazakallah khair.
    to know about true love of Allah and my husband, I must read some books, great advise

    I am not arguing with you brother, I am simply pointing out the way this issue has been misunderstood

    you are right, I could have explained myself and this issue better but it is long and I dont have time to that now

    you need to spend more time doing actions and feeling with your hearts than rely on books for everythign

  20. #20

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,168
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Quote Originally Posted by IDK View Post
    to know about true love of Allah and my husband, I must read some books, great advise

    I am not arguing with you brother, I am simply pointing out the way this issue has been misunderstood

    you are right, I could have explained myself and this issue better but it is long and I dont have time to that now

    you need to spend more time doing actions and feeling with your hearts than rely on books for everythign
    I also am not arguing with you, but your first statement, shows a lack of understanding the true essence of knowledge and the emotion of Love. Dont get me wrong, Im not having a go at you, but to realise that one can not love Allah, without knowledge of Allah is a basic principle. It is taken from the Books of our scholars. To love your husband , is from Islam, the way you interact with him, please him, this is all from islam, it is all based upon knowledge for a muslim, and yes it is based upon the fitra also which we learn in islam.
    Knowledge is before action, to even comprehend the emotion is not something which happened wihtout others putting idea's in your head, be they from books or from the media, to be honest I'd rather take my understanding from the books of the great scholars rather then what i think i know and practise, becuase what you think you know and practice is more likely to be built upon how you were nurtured and how much you were exposed to the concepts of the kuffar regarding these matters in the media.
    Also please do try to answer my questions and points being made, because they cover everything you have said and explained it. As for doing, Alhamdulilah, after knowledge comes action.

  21. #21
    Senior Member ZAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    130
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Quote Originally Posted by ahaneefah View Post
    What to gain from the hadith:
    Wisdom.

    "Are you commanding me or are you just interceding?"

    The Prophet said, "I'm interceding."

  22. #22
    Senior Member ZAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    130
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Quote Originally Posted by ahaneefah View Post
    What to gain from the hadith:
    Wisdom.

    "Are you commanding me or are you just interceding?"

    The Prophet said, "I'm interceding."

  23. #23
    Odan IDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    2,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Quote Originally Posted by aG123 View Post
    I also am not arguing with you, but your first statement, shows a lack of understanding the true essence of knowledge and the emotion of Love. Dont get me wrong, Im not having a go at you, but to realise that one can not love Allah, without knowledge of Allah is a basic principle. It is taken from the Books of our scholars. To love your husband , is from Islam, the way you interact with him, please him, this is all from islam, it is all based upon knowledge for a muslim, and yes it is based upon the fitra also which we learn in islam.
    Knowledge is before action, to even comprehend the emotion is not something which happened wihtout others putting idea's in your head, be they from books or from the media, to be honest I'd rather take my understanding from the books of the great scholars rather then what i think i know and practise, becuase what you think you know and practice is more likely to be built upon how you were nurtured and how much you were exposed to the concepts of the kuffar regarding these matters in the media.
    Also please do try to answer my questions and points being made, because they cover everything you have said and explained it. As for doing, Alhamdulilah, after knowledge comes action.
    yes i agree you get knowlege about the nature of Allah from Quran and other books, you also get knowlege from books about proper treatment, but you then learn from your heart too and from pondering on things, you dont rely on what some book says which feeligns are right which are not, you will figure that out yourself by living, you cant go to books for everything, how does loving your mother feel? can i have that explained in a book, if I never felt love?

  24. #24

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,168
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Are you muslim or shia/qadiani/quranite?
    your talking about personal experiences of what you comprehend love to feel like, the only reason you recognise the emotion or brand it love is because you were educated about it via different means. This discussion is baseless because you have no reference point. In your way of explaining things, if its all about the "feeling" then theres a disgusting disease in this society known as incest. Where the kuffar sleep with their own sisters and brothers and mothers and fathers. Explain the emotion there, if its all about feeling. They only "felt" love, but you will agree they over stepped the mark, it was not love, but to them in thier own thinking they were in "love" with eachother, if a father brings up the child to think it is normal and it is "love" to be sleeping with his child, the child will think it is love and feel "love" in thier understnading. THIS IS NOT LOVE, this is some sick twisted concept and it could be seen as taking on the charateristics of the food you eat, as we know in islam this is a concept, therefore those who eat pig, they act like them.

    Therefore islam educates us about everything, puts down limits to what concepts are and how to apply them.
    Whatever the concept or issue we have reference points of the Quran and Sunnah and these are explained best by our scholars, that has been done in this thread. Thanks for the discussion, I dont have time to waste anymore.
    Last edited by aG123; 16-03-10 at 04:04 PM.

  25. #25
    Odan IDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    2,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Quote Originally Posted by aG123 View Post
    Are you muslim or shia/qadiani/quranite?
    your talking about personal experiences of what you comprehend love to feel like, the only reason you recognise the emotion or brand it love is because you were educated about it via different means. This discussion is baseless because you have no reference point. In your way of explaining things, if its all about the "feeling" then theres a disgusting disease in this society known as incest. Where the kuffar sleep with their own sisters and brothers and mothers and fathers. Explain the emotion there, if its all about feeling. They only "felt" love, but you will agree they over stepped the mark, it was not love, but to them in thier own thinking they were in "love" with eachother, if a father brings up the child to think it is normal and it is "love" to be sleeping with his child, the child will think it is love and feel "love" in thier understnading. THIS IS NOT LOVE, this is some sick twisted concept and it could be seen as taking on the charateristics of the food you eat, as we know in islam this is a concept, therefore those who eat pig, they act like them.

    Therefore islam educates us about everything, puts down limits to what concepts are and how to apply them.
    Whatever the concept or issue we have reference points of the Quran and Sunnah and these are explained best by our scholars, that has been done in this thread. Thanks for the discussion, I dont have time to waste anymore.
    i am a muslim, as simple as that, no i dont follow any shaykhs from a-z, i take knowledge from them but some conclusions you need to reach yourself

    so this discussion is really pointless if you compare the pure love I am talking about with diseases of incest

  26. #26

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,168
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Quote Originally Posted by IDK View Post
    i am a muslim, as simple as that, no i dont follow any shaykhs from a-z, i take knowledge from them but some conclusions you need to reach yourself

    so this discussion is really pointless if you compare the pure love I am talking about with diseases of incest
    if you told me this before, i wouldnt have wasted by time with you. You can't debate or disucss with a jahil, advice taken from imam shafi. Look him up.

  27. #27
    Odan IDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    2,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Quote Originally Posted by aG123 View Post
    if you told me this before, i wouldnt have wasted by time with you. You can't debate or disucss with a jahil, advice taken from imam shafi. Look him up.
    I know way more than you imagine

    must every non-scholar be a jahil?

  28. #28
    NGE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,405
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    92

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Quote Originally Posted by aG123 View Post
    Therefore islam educates us about everything, puts down limits to what concepts are and how to apply them.
    Whatever the concept or issue we have reference points of the Quran and Sunnah and these are explained best by our scholars, that has been done in this thread.


    I agree with the brother on the above. Islam encompasses all we need to know on how to live life from the Qur'an and Sunnah. Love in all its forms is included in this as well, whether that be love for your spouse or love for your parents etc. We all have our own opinions on love based on what we have felt from our own experiences and influences during our lives but it is from Islamic sources that we get the best and most accurate concepts; what love is, how it feels and how to express it.

    I feel I have learned far more about love from Islamic scholars and students who speak from the teachings of Qur'an and Sunnah than from others own opinions and it is Islam that has helped me make more sense of my own life and experiences far more than any other source could.
    Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

    "Zendagi Migzara..."

  29. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    brother aG123, do you have the sources of the excerpts/quotes you posted? (ie. particular books etc?)

    Jazaks

    Also, a dua for some in this thread - [Allahumma hassin akhlaaqana kama hasanta khalqana. Oh Allah perfect our manners, like how you have perfected our creation. Ameen.]

  30. #30

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,168
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (shaykul islam Ibn taymiyah) and Rawdat al-Muhibbeen (Ibn Qayum) - others, Islamqa.com (you can fidn many if not all the quotes on islamqa anyway)-

  31. #31
    On A Hired Plane of Logic LailaTheMuslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    12,737
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2601 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    442

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Talibatul 'ilm View Post
    brother aG123, do you have the sources of the excerpts/quotes you posted? (ie. particular books etc?)

    Jazaks

    Also, a dua for some in this thread - [Allahumma hassin akhlaaqana kama hasanta khalqana. Oh Allah perfect our manners, like how you have perfected our creation. Ameen.]
    good dua. ameen.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

    And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


    أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

    Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


    Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

    Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

  32. #32

    Account Disabled
    Supernova Nebula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,597
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Mugeeth & Bareerah - The Sad Love Story

    Show love with no remorse!

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:33 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.7 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Students of Arabic Forum | Hijab Shop