Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hadiths on Najd (Wahabism)

Authu bilahi minaysh shaytani Rajeem, Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Narrated Ibn ‘Umar: The Prophet (s)said, “O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen.” The People said, “And also on our NAJD.” He said, “O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham (north)! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen.” The people said, “O Allah’s Apostle! And also on our NAJD.” I think the third time the Prophet (s) said, “There (in NAJD) is the place of earthquakes and afflictions and from there comes out the side of the head of Satan.”

Sahi Bukhari (Book #88, Hadith #214)

http://forums.islamicawakening.com/f...ahabism-31284/

Inshallah the purpose of this thread is to show that different people have different opinions and Salafi/Wahabi is not the majority nor are there so many people who like it or agree with it.

I don't necessarily agree with everything written there, as I have not myself studied Ahadith, but this is still something to consider. The reason to consider is because a lot of Salafi/Wahabi are always calling bida'a and kufr etc... they literally are attacking the Ummah, and subhanallah there are hadith warning us of this from what I can tell.

Astagfirullah authu bilahi minaysh shaytani Rajeem, Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.

You may refer to my thread:
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...lafi-inshallah

Inshallah

Wa alaikum salaam wa rahmatullah wa barakatoh
    http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/157...rtsinsults.jpg
    O ye who believe! Let not some among you laugh at others: It may be that the (latter) are better than the (former) Nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other, nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames: Ill-seeming is a name connoting wickedness, after he has believed: And those who do not desist are doing wrong. (QURAN, Sura Hujurat, 49:11)

Odan
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Re: Hadiths on Najd (Wahabism)

Quote Originally Posted by AlayhisSalaam View Post
    Authu bilahi minaysh shaytani Rajeem, Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Narrated Ibn ‘Umar: The Prophet (s)said, “O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen.” The People said, “And also on our NAJD.” He said, “O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham (north)! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen.” The people said, “O Allah’s Apostle! And also on our NAJD.” I think the third time the Prophet (s) said, “There (in NAJD) is the place of earthquakes and afflictions and from there comes out the side of the head of Satan.”

Sahi Bukhari (Book #88, Hadith #214)

http://forums.islamicawakening.com/f...ahabism-31284/

Inshallah the purpose of this thread is to show that different people have different opinions and Salafi/Wahabi is not the majority nor are there so many people who like it or agree with it.

I don't necessarily agree with everything written there, as I have not myself studied Ahadith, but this is still something to consider. The reason to consider is because a lot of Salafi/Wahabi are always calling bida'a and kufr etc... they literally are attacking the Ummah, and subhanallah there are hadith warning us of this from what I can tell.

Astagfirullah authu bilahi minaysh shaytani Rajeem, Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.

You may refer to my thread:
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...lafi-inshallah

Inshallah

bro... have you read the replies in the same forum?... firstly the guy has 0 ilm. he has been banned, and people from the forum have replied with daleel what it means about the people of najd.

so read all of it.... dont be like that user who posted stuff and then didnt have anythin to say.

Read that thread as a neutral and you will have your answer IA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i have heard of this Hadith before but i dont believe that the saudis have or those who choose to follow Abdul Wahab including any of the off shoot groups.
    Last edited by mujhadia; 22-02-10 at 05:34 PM.
    glass half empty

Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Quoted
    909 Post(s)

Saudi's came to power by allying with Britian, so no surprise there.
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QMU View Post
    bro... have you read the replies in the same forum?... firstly the guy has 0 ilm. he has been banned, and people from the forum have replied with daleel what it means about the people of najd.

so read all of it.... dont be like that user who posted stuff and then didnt have anythin to say.

Read that thread as a neutral and you will have your answer IA.
    Jazakallah khayr,

Yes I read some of the forum, but if you see he has responded as well. Just because people disagree with him doesn't make him wrong. Scholars disagree with each other, who is right and who is wrong? That is for the individual to decide inshalllah.

Wasalaam,
    O ye who believe! Let not some among you laugh at others: It may be that the (latter) are better than the (former) Nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other, nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames: Ill-seeming is a name connoting wickedness, after he has believed: And those who do not desist are doing wrong. (QURAN, Sura Hujurat, 49:11)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is reported in SAHIH BUKHARI from Hazrat Abu Said Khudri (Radiallhu Anhu) who narrates that:
    Once we were in the presence and company of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam). He was distributing booties (Spoils of War) when a person named Zul-Khawaisara, who was from the tribe of Bani Tamim addressed the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) "Oh Muhammad Be Just!" ". The Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) replied: "A Great pity that you have doubts, if I am unjust then who will be just, you are a loser and a failure." Zul-Khawaisara's attitude infuriated Hazrat Umar (Radiallhu Anhu) and he pleaded with the Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) to permit him to slay Zul-Khawaisara. The Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) remarked: "Leave him, as his slaying will serve no good purpose, as he is not the only individual but there are a host of others like him and if you compare their prayers and fasting to that of yours, you yourself will feel ashamed. These are the people who will recite the Quran but it will not go beyond their throats, with all these apparent virtues they will leave the fold of Deen just like the arrow leaves the bow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I am Madhab Neutral and dont call myself a Salafi/Wahhabi. But I do take offence to what you are implying with this Hadith. Are you implying that Muhammad ibn 'Abd Al-Wahhab (may Allah have Mercy on him) and the entire Salafi/ Wahhabi movement is part of the "afflictions" and "head of satan", that the Prophet(saws) predicted?

Seems to me that you are. And I am not talking or care a damn about the Saudi royal family.

Either ibn Abdal-Wahhab called for return to Tawheed and the abolishment of Shirk & Bidaa. Either the Salafi/Wahabi movement has saved MILLIONS of Muslims from grave-worshiping, taking part in Witchcraft, wearing amulets, twirling around in circles, etc OR they are part of the Fitna & evil that plagues this Ummah and must be eliminated.

And if you feel you are right, then why dont you & the other anti-Salafis - the Sufis (both good & bad), the Brelwis, the Ahmadiyyas, the Shias, etc - why dont all you guys get together make TAKFEER on Muhammad ibn abdal-Wahhab and the entire Salafi/ Wahhabi movement.

You can use the above hadeeth as your Daleel.

If you Sufis think you are on "Perfect" guidance and Sunnah, why dont you take Leadership of this Ummah and come out OPENLY, by declaring your Fatwa on Wahhabism. You'll be saving millions of "ignorant" Muslims from the evil of Wahhabism.
    Stop beating around the bush, barking names like "Najdi", etc and do something.

Either ibn Abdal-Wahhab and his followers are from Ahlus Sunnah wal Jammah or they are from Hizbus Shaytaan.

Make up your mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wa alaikum salaam

I'm not sure why it seems nobody ever reads what I write.

Quote Originally Posted by AlayhisSalaam

Rather than insulting me brother for posting something I found, why do you not explain in a logical and sophisticated manner a different interpretation and why do you not show some evidences contrary to what this says?

I'm not trying to argue but inshallah to only find the truth in all matters.

I have seen Wahhabism/Salafi destroy people's lives, so I have a biased perspective which doesn't see Wahabbi in a good light, but I don't go out of my way to insult them, if I do insult them then it is due to my bias and not because of any ill intention in my heart, I don't hate anyone, but I dislike seeing people suffer and seeing the "Sincerity, Peace" part of Seen Lam Meem (ISLAM) being taken out, and tasawwuf being laughed at... Islam is meant to make us break away from this dunya, we're meant to feel like prisoners if we're true believers, we're meant to detach from the material.. and we're meant to embrace spirituality and true love of Allah swt... I just think that Wahhabism is the opposite, they attach to dunya and do not care what is in the heart and they are confident that they're already going to heaven when even the Sahabah feared hell-fire and didn't see a single cloud over their head except that they ran to the masjid to pray and fear Allah swt.

Inshallah you see my point and inshallah I would appreciate anyone with more knowledge to bring some scholarly information regarding this subject as opposed to insults inshallah.

Wasalaam

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

so what happened to the hadith about worshipping false gods like that munafiq nazim haqqani... do you want to post them up as well? i heard you need to be careful cus the guy watches you whilst you taking a shower...
    FEAR ALLAH (SWT) AS HE DESERVES TO BE FEARED!!!
    OH Allah help your slaves in As Sham
    Donate to syria.
    *Sisters please do not rep or PM me as my wife will kill me so rep her instead*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by in_exile View Post
    so what happened to the hadith about worshipping false gods like that munafiq nazim haqqani... do you want to post them up as well? i heard you need to be careful cus the guy watches you whilst you taking a shower...
    Please stay on topic, that thread was removed for a reason. I already admitted that after some nicer people approached me with evidence as opposed to insults that there were grey areas which I will stay away from.

Wasalaam to you too

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Please stay on topic, that thread was removed for a reason. I already admitted that after some nicer people approached me with evidence as opposed to insults that there were grey areas which I will stay away from.

Wasalaam to you too
    if you believe that there a grey areas that you need to stay away from then maybe instead of posting this trash you should go back and learn more about islam that will benefit you in some way... maybe you should go and learn where najad was according to the classical ulema first of all and then learn what it means to be khawarij ... like for one loving the kuffar and hating muslims..
    FEAR ALLAH (SWT) AS HE DESERVES TO BE FEARED!!!
    OH Allah help your slaves in As Sham
    Donate to syria.
    *Sisters please do not rep or PM me as my wife will kill me so rep her instead*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if you believe that there a grey areas that you need to stay away from then maybe instead of posting this trash you should go back and learn more about islam that will benefit you in some way... maybe you should go and learn where najad was according to the classical ulema first of all and then learn what it means to be khawarij ... like for one loving the kuffar and hating muslims..
    In what way have I expressed hatred for Muslims and love for kuffar?

Islam means submission, obediance, surrender, peace, and sincerity... I have said that from my experience around the average Wahabbi, I have not seen sincerity and peace from them, they have been, in my experience, harsh and selfish, desiring only reward so they can enjoy their paradise, even if at the expense of others'. I don't think this is Islam, and then I found a forum where this sort of hadith relating to these sort of people was related, where they will be practicing Islam better than Umar (ra) to the point that if Umar (ra) compared himself with them that he would be ashamed, but yet their hearts would not know Islam therefore the Qur'an would not reach their throats as they recite. What is your interpretation of this hadith? Who is more strict in their prayer and their fasting than the Wahhabi's that would make Umar (ra) be ashamed by comparison?

Thank you, Wasalaam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I do not mean to offend or insult anyone but.. why post up something like this.

If you want to sincerely understand something, if you are seeking the truth then please do so in a manner which will benefit yourself and others insha'Allaah. There's not much point looking into everyone's opinion because Islaam is not based upon the intellect of people... and this is why ' We hear and we obey'.. Its that simple.
    Whatever brother/ sisters x, y and z think means nothing, how many of us here have actually studied usool al hadith let alone looking into the actual tafsir. So all you are going to get from this thread is '' in my opinion blah blah'' and no evidence.
    Insha'Allaah if anyone does know the answer with supported with evidence, if they could post it up.

Yes the scholars differ concerning different matters in the deen but do they differ in the fundamentals of Islaam? No, and if they did then that would be seriously worrying. The scholars can differ and even have disputes but that does not mean we should do so. It is not really down to the individual to decide which scholar is right and which is wrong. - everyone would just go with what suits them. Its about the daleel and the actual understanding of these different concepts and definitions such as bid'ah etc.

And to be quite honest these terms are just silly -'wahabism'.. Im sorry but Islaam is Islaam, we dont have different versions of it. Try to look at the fundamentals of Islaam without attaching labels to anything and I'm sure you will find it all makes perfect sense. This deen has been perfected and completed in every way, so all matters of our lives can be resolved if we look towards the Qur'an and sunnah for guidance whether this be issues of the heart (tazkiyyah), ibadah etc.
    [CENTER][I]All humans are dead except those who have knowledge;
    and all those who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds;
    and those who do good deeds are decieved, except those who are sincere;
    and those who are sincere are always in a state of worry. - Imaam Shafi'i[/I][/CENTER]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Umm_Maryam View Post
    I do not mean to offend or insult anyone but.. why post up something like this.

If you want to sincerely understand something, if you are seeking the truth then please do so in a manner which will benefit yourself and others insha'Allaah. There's not much point looking into everyone's opinion because Islaam is not based upon the intellect of people... and this is why ' We hear and we obey'.. Its that simple.
    Whatever brother/ sisters x, y and z think means nothing, how many of us here have actually studied usool al hadith let alone looking into the actual tafsir. So all you are going to get from this thread is '' in my opinion blah blah'' and no evidence.
    Insha'Allaah if anyone does know the answer with supported with evidence, if they could post it up.

Yes the scholars differ concerning different matters in the deen but do they differ in the fundamentals of Islaam? No, and if they did then that would be seriously worrying. The scholars can differ and even have disputes but that does not mean we should do so. It is not really down to the individual to decide which scholar is right and which is wrong. - everyone would just go with what suits them. Its about the daleel and the actual understanding of these different concepts and definitions such as bid'ah etc.

And to be quite honest these terms are just silly -'wahabism'.. Im sorry but Islaam is Islaam, we dont have different versions of it. Try to look at the fundamentals of Islaam without attaching labels to anything and I'm sure you will find it all makes perfect sense. This deen has been perfected and completed in every way, so all matters of our lives can be resolved if we look towards the Qur'an and sunnah for guidance whether this be issues of the heart (tazkiyyah), ibadah etc.

Thank you for your input, I admire your kindness and desire for unity, but unfortunately it does matter because we have Sunni and Shia murdering each other daily, for example.

And the reason the issue of Wahabism is important to me is because I see many times a Wahabi Imam shouting, "You kafir are going to burn in hell! All of you Muslims who do not pray the way we do, you are Kafir, you are out of Islam!" or something of this nature, which obviously is causing more harm than good. And so when I read a hadith that so clearly appears to be describing just that, then I find it fascinating and would like more elaboration on it.

Inshallah I agree and would like to see a scholar post something, but you have taken my intention wrongly, if you read what I wrote, I said that I do not necessarily fully agree with everything this perspective presumes but I wanted more info on it, instead I have people attacking me and judging me. Allahu alem.

Wasalaam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So after reading those hadiths and then this:

The brother of Muhammad bin Abdul Wahab al Najdi, Shaykh Sulaiman bin Abdul Wahab, said about his brother, “The horn of Shaytan which the Prophet (Sallallahu’ aliahi wa sallam) referred to is you.” [Sawaa’iqul Ilahiya]

I'm asking what else is to be deduced, and if someone has a different answer then I would really appreciate it inshallah.

Thanks, Wasalaam

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

your understanding of this religion is quite frankly very poor and your making statements that are no offense very out of context and very deemining. your defininition of sunni islam is very strange one one that is conflict with all the previous imams. not even modern sufis agree with you. take your beef elsewhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wa alaikum salaam

I'm not sure why it seems nobody ever reads what I write.

Rather than insulting me brother for posting something I found, why do you not explain in a logical and sophisticated manner a different interpretation and why do you not show some evidences contrary to what this says?

I'm not trying to argue but inshallah to only find the truth in all matters.

I have seen Wahhabism/Salafi destroy people's lives, so I have a biased perspective which doesn't see Wahabbi in a good light, but I don't go out of my way to insult them, if I do insult them then it is due to my bias and not because of any ill intention in my heart, I don't hate anyone, but I dislike seeing people suffer and seeing the "Sincerity, Peace" part of Seen Lam Meem (ISLAM) being taken out, and tasawwuf being laughed at... Islam is meant to make us break away from this dunya, we're meant to feel like prisoners if we're true believers, we're meant to detach from the material.. and we're meant to embrace spirituality and true love of Allah swt... I just think that Wahhabism is the opposite, they attach to dunya and do not care what is in the heart and they are confident that they're already going to heaven when even the Sahabah feared hell-fire and didn't see a single cloud over their head except that they ran to the masjid to pray and fear Allah swt.

Inshallah you see my point and inshallah I would appreciate anyone with more knowledge to bring some scholarly information regarding this subject as opposed to insults inshallah.

Wasalaam
    huh, what are you on about, salafism destroying people's lives? lol, what do you find wrong with salafis anyway?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hamza89 View Post
    your understanding of this religion is quite frankly very poor and your making statements that are no offense very out of context and very deemining. your defininition of sunni islam is very strange one one that is conflict with all the previous imams. not even modern sufis agree with you. take your beef elsewhere
    Asalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatoh

To begin with the Islamic greeting, "Peace and mercy and blessings of Allah swt be upon you"

Are you Muslim, hamza89? There is a difference between Sunni and Salafi. I am a Sunni Muslim, in that I follow the Hanafi Madhab, one of four major beliefs in Sunni Islam which the majority of scholars agree are all correct and it is personal preference as to which one to follow. Salafi do not belong to these four Madhabs, it is a relatively new sect created by Muhammad ibn Abd-al-Wahhab http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_ibn_Abd-al-Wahhab in the 18th Century CE, or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salafi

He was born in Najd, present day Saudi Arabia.... The Hadiths I quoted, Muhammad(saws) spoke of Najd, yes? And apparently Muhammad ibn Abd-al-Wahhab's own brother told him: “The horn of Shaytan which the Prophet (Sallallahu’ aliahi wa sallam) referred to is you.” [Sawaa’iqul Ilahiya] (His brother's name is Shaykh Sulaiman bin Abdul Wahab)

So I thought this was interesting and I was asking about it. I have said several times that I don't like to call myself Sufi because I don't know enough about it, but I'm interested in Tasawwuf, which is the knowledge of the heart (www.tasawwuf.org) and has nothing to do with Bida'a or graveworship or anything like that lol astagfirullah.

I worship only Allah swt and I love Allah swt and I love Rasoolallah (saws) and I respect Rasoolallah(saws) and I follow Rasoolallah(saws)'s Sunnah inshallah as much as I can. Anyone who asks me what I am I say Sunni, and if they ask which Madhab I tell them Hanafi.

So I think you are confusing your knowledge of the sects. Inshallah if you have any information regarding the topic then please share it, but please do not insult people, especially if you have no platform to stand on in which to defend your reasons as to why you're insulting someone.

In this case, you're insulting me because I asked a question and posted some hadith which speak about Najd, which encompasses Saudi Arabia including Riyadh, and the place of birth of Muhammad ibn Abd-a-Wahhab.

I have not insulted anyone, if anyone is upset with what I've written then you should know that it was the Prophet Muhammad (saws) who said this, so you should calm down and not be angry at our Rasoolallah (saws), but you should offer a scholarly interpretation opposite to the obvious one, if there is any other interpretation to this hadith inshallah.

So inshallah if you are angry at me, know that you're being deceived by shaytan, because it is my Beloved Prophet (saws) who said this, and I am not angry at him for saying it, so why are you?

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i have no interrest in debating with someone who is ignorant it produces nothing beneficial to me , my advice is please read the comments on the ahaadith that you have quoted and then please come back to forum and apoligize to the deceased shaykh muhamed ibn abdul wahaab rahamilulah

your understanding of salafiyya is also very poor. salafiya has its problems like any other sect has its problems. and the vast majoroty of them follow the fiqh of imam Ahmed rh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

how many times I have seen you respond in an insulting manner, it is really distasteful and unislamic

I am interested in what the OP said, I have personally been driven to kufr because of the wahabi Islam, until i found true Islam again, so dont talk about how has wahabism destroyed people's life when it has

the majority of the ummah are not salafis, and the prophet said the majority are always on the right, al sunah wal jamah so no need to get angry

yes good job with salafis dont commit shirk, but i find it surprising that muslims generally are very free to insult other sects but God forbid anyone should say anythign about salafis even if you just wonder with a good intetion because you are curious, we are all mature and we dont need to get emotional about eveerything, what is wrong with elaborating on matters, I personally elaborate whether an action of mine is hypocritical etc, I question my actions, then why should we be so scared to question anything else, that is what being truthful is about

Salafis, also attribute physical attributes to Allah, something which the majority of muslims dont, i find that disturbing, but i dont see anybody pointing a finger at them for that, but if this was any other sect then we would hear "munafiq, kafir" all over it

I am not a sufi, or salafi or shia, so before you attack me hold your breath, I follow the sunnah and that is all I need

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i have no interrest in debating with someone who is ignorant it produces nothing beneficial to me , my advice is please read the comments on the ahaadith that you have quoted and then please come back to forum and apoligize to the deceased shaykh muhamed ibn abdul wahaab rahamilulah

your understanding of salafiyya is also very poor. salafiya has its problems like any other sect has its problems. and the vast majoroty of them follow the fiqh of imam Ahmed rh
    why dont you share your knowlege instead of saying people are ignorant. I undertand you dont want to debate with people that dont want to listen and stick to their own opinion anyway, but the OP has asked for input and is open to accepting knowledge, why is everyone responding in this manner

I find this very annoying when you have so many liars in this forum doing nothign but spreading fire and the muslims are completely oblivious to their agenda, then you have a muslim who is open to learning adn everyone shuns him with insults

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

salam

that is ignorant isint it. not bringing any evidence to bring an oppisite oppinion. i hear many people say the exact same thing about hadeith "but it doset benifit me"

fact of the matter is, if you want to look at things from a dunya point of view, islam dosent offer much(to the best of my knowledge), it requres alot of sacrafise, and one must always chage their ways and attitudes to be in line with the sunnah.

this is a very interesting topic, with a wealth of scholerly knowledge that can be peered into. also the brother specificly stated tht hes not attacking anybody here, so i dont see the issue. the point of a debate is to clear up misconceptions so that the truth is exposed. so instead if bringing ourself to insulting other people, we should remember the ayah that tells muslim to debate in a good way. there is khair in following that.

remember shaytan is our worst enemy, moreso then anybody in the planet. lets follow the example of our prophet sallaho alahi wa sallam and keep things civil here, and debate in a good way. i doubt any of us want our last words on this earth to be of those who shun another brother. we can die at any time.
    Last edited by uncle umar; 25-02-10 at 02:45 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uncle umar View Post
    salam

that is ignorant isint it. not bringing any evidence to bring an oppisite oppinion. i hear many people say the exact same thing about hadeith "but it doset benifit me"

fact of the matter is, if you want to look at things from a dunya point of view, islam dosent offer much(to the best of my knowledge), it requres alot of sacrafise, and one must always chage their ways and attitudes to be in line with the sunnah.

this is a very interesting topic, with a wealth of scholerly knowledge that can be peered into. also the brother specificly stated tht hes not attacking anybody here, so i dont see the issue. the point of a debate is to clear up misconceptions so that the truth is exposed. so instead if bringing ourself to insulting other people, we should remember the ayah that tells muslim to debate in a good way. there is khair in following that.

remember shaytan is our worst enemy, moreso then anybody in the planet. lets follow the example of our prophet sallaho alahi wa sallam and keep things civil here, and debate in a good way. i doubt any of us want our last words on this earth to be of those who shun another brother. we can die at any time.
    Salam alaykum wa rahmatullahu wa barakatuhu

Brother, I am so happy to read your posts because you always write some useful stuff and respond with Islamic attitude, May Allah bless you with more good manners and knowledge

I understand we must never try to break the ummah, and in my opinion trying to learn is not evil, if we dont clear misconceptions they wil only stay in the corner of your mind and shaytan will use them against you

I have a sore spot for the salafi group, I know they are not all the same and I am not even blaming them, but as I have said in some other posts, I belive we should be open as brothers to question everything, because how do we know otherwise how is shaytan leading us astray?

Let me tell you this, and wallahi I am not lying to you, I was a salafi for 5 years, I suffered a great deal for some matters which majority of muslim ummah did not, in that time I heard of two salafi sisters who left islam and I was so shocked, then it came and I left islam too because of the mental distress I suffered, I later after two years found the true islam again, alhamduliAllah

until recentlly ther was a blog by a brother called "salafi burntout", it has now been removed, I dont know by who, but this brother tells his sad story of his life, he was a sunni muslim married to a wife who became salafi, soon she became so 'extreme' even though the brother was practicing pretty much the salafi friends were consipring and caused a lot of marital problems between the non-salafi husband and the salafi wife, they had four kids together, later the sister is driven into kufr and he had to divorce her, now he was saying how painful it was to watch her in shorts and the kids seeing their mother in hte weekends.......in his blog page a number of sisters and brothers wrote their response to that, and about 4 of them said the same thing about how that life made their lives miserable

now please before we shun this completely, I believe we have sufficient evidence to see that this is a problem, there is a problem there, I am not saying that there is a problem with the whole idiology, no, like i said, they are to be commended for the avoidance of shirk, but there is something wrong ther and as muslims we must address it before more lives are ruined or affected badly, why would we not want to remove evil from our community?

my saudi friend who is salafi has told me that salafis in Saudi are not like that, but it seems there is a problem with salafis in London, their understanding has gone wrong, they treat people harshy and they have a judgmental attitude, it really affects the more ignorant muslims, and we dont want to see that, it is not even good for them, because now I have this peace and nice relationship with Allah, before my head was down all the time thinking Allah is about to strike me any minute

The prophet saws talked about always staying in the middle path and about moderation, is it surprising that the shaytan will use an extreme road to lead us astray? Shaytan is clever, he does not try to trick a believer with alcohol, cos that will never work, he will try to lead him astray in good deeds

Please lets consider this with an open mind, we only want good for our community, and there s nothing wrong with considereing facts, we may be wrong but we wont find out without exploring

May Allah guide us all to the truth, mercy and peace with with Muhammad saws came with
    Last edited by IDK; 25-02-10 at 03:08 PM.

الله مولانا ولا مولى لهم Abu Jaffar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IDK View Post

Brother, I am so happy to read your posts because you always write some useful stuff and respond with Islamic attitude, May Allah bless you with more good manners and knowledge

I understand we must never try to break the ummah, and in my opinion trying to learn is not evil, if we dont clear misconceptions they wil only stay in the corner of your mind and shaytan will use them against you

I have a sore spot for the salafi group, I know they are not all the same and I am not even blaming them, but as I have said in some other posts, I belive we should be open as brothers to question everything, because how do we know otherwise how is shaytan leading us astray?

Let me tell you this, and wallahi I am not lying to you, I was a salafi for 5 years, I suffered a great deal for some matters which majority of muslim ummah did not, in that time I heard of two salafi sisters who left islam and I was so shocked, then it came and I left islam too because of the mental distress I suffered, I later after two years found the true islam again, alhamduliAllah

until recentlly ther was a blog by a brother called "salafi burntout", it has now been removed, I dont know by who, but this brother tells his sad story of his life, he was a sunni muslim married to a wife who became salafi, soon she became so 'extreme' even though the brother was practicing pretty much the salafi friends were consipring and caused a lot of marital problems between the non-salafi husband and the salafi wife, they had four kids together, later the sister is driven into kufr and he had to divorce her, now he was saying how painful it was to watch her in shorts and the kids seeing their mother in hte weekends.......in his blog page a number of sisters and brothers wrote their response to that, and about 4 of them said the same thing about how that life made their lives miserable

now please before we shun this completely, I believe we have sufficient evidence to see that this is a problem, there is a problem there, I am not saying that there is a problem with the whole idiology, no, like i said, they are to be commended for the avoidance of shirk, but there is something wrong ther and as muslims we must address it before more lives are ruined or affected badly, why would we not want to remove evil from our community?

my saudi friend who is salafi has told me that salafis in Saudi are not like that, but it seems there is a problem with salafis in London, their understanding has gone wrong, they treat people harshy and they have a judgmental attitude, it really affects the more ignorant muslims, and we dont want to see that, it is not even good for them, because now I have this peace and nice relationship with Allah, before my head was down all the time thinking Allah is about to strike me any minute

Please lets consider this with an open mind, we only want good for our community, and there s nothing wrong with considereing facts, we may be wrong btu we wont find out without exploring

May Allah guide us all to the truth, mercy and peace with with Muhammad saws came with
    I think that salafis in london have different attitude, hre in egypt they are the biggest religious group and most people respect them, but the kind your talking about are the school of rabee' Al madkhali.
    islamway
    اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
    I think that salafis in london have different attitude, hre in egypt they are the biggest religious group and most people respect them, but the kind your talking about are the school of rabee' Al madkhali.
    Salam thank you for your response

I dont know what the problem is but there must be a link, when you see all the group have the same attitude, then it would be ingorant not to draw a link between the teacher and their followers, as I have said before, the teacher himself may not have said anything wrong per say or at least did not have a bad intention but it was interpreted badly by the ingorant followers and now they all like to take examples and blame people, then there are many lives that have been affected, we cannot brush all this off as a coincidence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jazakallah khayr Uncle Umar, Asalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

I appreciate the patience and wisdom of those people who have displayed it, alhamdulilah, may Allah SWT continue to increase you in these attributes, and protect you from the shaytan. Ameen.

Inshallah we wait to hear some other points of view and inshallah no more insulting each other, let us follow Rasoolallah(saws) when he has said to us:

"Allah is not kind to him who is not kind to people." - Bukhari & Muslim

Abu Darda' reported that the Prophet of Allah, upon him be peace, said, "Nothing is weightier on the Scale of Deeds than one's good manners." (Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners #271, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Ahmad, and Ibn Hibban.)

Authu bilahi minaysh shaytani rajeem, Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

It emerged from the science of Jarh and ta'deel, used in the science of hadith they mixed it with wala' and bara', were shuning is religion to some. They even call the mujahideen Khawarij.
    islamway

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It emerged from the science of Jarh and ta'deel, used in the science of hadith they mixed it with wala' and bara', were shuning is religion to some. They even call the mujahideen Khawarij.
    yes I dont know which mujahideen you are refering to but I know they used to say about bosnian muslims who died in the war while fighting, they used to say their fighting was in vain because they faught for country and not Allah and they did not die as martyrs, that surely comes in great contradiction with majority of poeple, which is when someone attacks your home and your wife and children you defend yourselves and your community and die as a result then that is martyrdom, what is the poor man to do?

This is why i find some of their views extreme, where for example everything has to be done for the sake of Allah conciously in your head, but some people cannot do that all the time, its not natural, if you are dying while defending your wife or child then that is martyrdom very simple

when the prophet said about a mother who dies because of childbirth is a martyr, did he say only if she did it for the sake of Allah...astaghfirullah, this is how I think shaytan leads us astray in very subtle matters whch we think are good
    Last edited by IDK; 25-02-10 at 03:24 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

yes I dont know which mujahideen you are refering to but I know they used to say about bosnian muslims who died in the war while fighting, they used to say their fighting was in vain because they faught for country and not Allah and they did not die as martyrs, that surely comes in great contradiction with majority of poeple, which is when someone attacks your home and your wife and children you defend yourselves and your community and die as a result then that is martyrdom, what is the poor man to do?

This is why i find some of their views extreme, where for example everything has to be done for the sake of Allah conciously in your head, but some people cannot do that all the time, its not natural, if you are dying while defending your wife or child then that is martyrdom very simple
    meaning, afghanistan, iraq, somal etc...
    islamway

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The prophet saws talked about always staying in the middle path and about moderation, is it surprising that the shaytan will use an extreme road to lead us astray? Shaytan is clever, he does not try to trick a believer with alcohol, cos that will never work, he will try to lead him astray in good deeds

Please lets consider this with an open mind, we only want good for our community, and there s nothing wrong with considereing facts, we may be wrong but we wont find out without exploring

I could write something similiar true events and stories relating to shaykh nuh kellar cult , the habashi cult, the shaykh nazim cult, there are so many differnt people that use the label salafi or sufi etc that infact those labels mean almost nothing now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks for your input. Can you please tell me what is wala and bara?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I could write something similiar true events and stories relating to shaykh nuh kellar cult , the habashi cult, the shaykh nazim cult, there are so many differnt people that use the label salafi or sufi etc that infact those labels mean almost nothing now
    ok i dont know anything about the people you mentioned, but if say for example the followers of habashi are all worshiping graves, then I would say the same thing that it must be to do with the habashi scholar why they are doing that

brother this is not a contest of who is right or wrong, I am not attackign anyone, but we must step out of our ego, and try to see the truth and be mature about accepting our faults

if you can provide useful input of why this is the case then that will be most helpful, if not there is no need to derail the thread about kabashi or whoever eles you mentioned

JazakAllah

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

why dont you share your knowlege instead of saying people are ignorant. I undertand you dont want to debate with people that dont want to listen and stick to their own opinion anyway, but the OP has asked for input and is open to accepting knowledge, why is everyone responding in this manner

I find this very annoying when you have so many liars in this forum doing nothign but spreading fire and the muslims are completely oblivious to their agenda, then you have a muslim who is open to learning adn everyone shuns him with insults
    Brother/sister idk the issue is here is that this op has been going on a rampage for days now on stuff which he doesn't understand and when proofs are presented to him he jumps to the groupie attitude why should such a person be told other than go read the comment of the scholars on those ahaadith because his entire belief system is that he is correct and that wahaabis are evil.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Brother/sister idk the issue is here is that this op has been going on a rampage for days now on stuff which he doesn't understand and when proofs are presented to him he jumps to the groupie attitude why should such a person be told other than go read the comment of the scholars on those ahaadith because his entire belief system is that he is correct and that wahaabis are evil.
    Actually brother I beg to differ, this OP had first started a thread about shaykh nazim and mashallah when some brother pointed the dangers of him he has since changed his mind, so this is why I say he is open to truth and is looking for proof and answers, adn I have seen him accept the truth when it was presented to him

yes he may be ignorant, but is looking for answers, and when they are presented with truth he accepts, we are all ingorant some more than others but that does not mean people stop teaching us

which is why we must talk and show people wtih kindness the truth with proof, when we do that the sincere people accept, the ones that are not accepting and are arguing, I agree that there is no point in wasting time with them, but it has not been the case with OP

I personally said of the dangers of the group I was in and some sisters i know, we should not be so touchy and ignore that anything is wrong wtih us sometimes, its is better to look deep and when you find hte fault to correct it

if the salafis have been lead astray by shaytan in small matters, then why should we not call them to the truth, they are our brothers and have only been lead astray because they tried to do good, if you remember the shaytan cannot trick a believer wtih alcohol so he will trick them in worship, we must watch out so we can be on the sunnah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Inshallah let's not be so quick to judge, Allah swt is the judge, you do not know what is in my heart. Astagfirulah nor do I know what is in yours.

I have not judged anyone, I've only been asking if anyone has heard of this before.

My intention is to seek knowledge and truth and to encourage others to do the same. I see a lot of people responding so harshly to each other and being so rude, so inshallah I try to be peaceful and polite and quote Qur'an and Hadith to show that this is wrong. Similarly, when I have come across something which I don't fully understand, or which I'm seeking knowledge to, then I expect to be greeted with peace and for someone to quote Qur'an and Hadith to show me the answer.

Instead of having quotes from Qur'an and Hadith, I am described as "going on rampage" and described as being ignorant. We are all ignorant in the light of Allah swt, so do not call another person ignorant inshallah. And inshallah I hope that I do not insult anyone in this manner either, astagfirullah for when I have.

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

salam

i got 2 things to say so i will split them up, inshallah.

first is about jihad fisabillah. when a kaffir army enters an islamic country, its is pretty much agreed uppon by any reliable truthfull scholer that jihad is a must. the deatials behind this is anther debate though. are the mujahadien not figting for the country to keep the word of Allah supioror over all others(means la ilha illala, and the shareahs and sunnah)? yes they are fighing for afghanistan, but for the sake of Allah, to keep it islamic. iraq, bosnia, palistine and all others do this. jihad can even be at the individual level. in a hadeith a man asked the prophet sallaho alahi was sallam "what if somone attacks me and my family" to whch he S.A.W. said "then defend your household" then the man asked "what if he fights me? to which he S.AW. said "then fight him" then the man asked "what if he kills me?" to which he S.A.W. said "then you will die a maytr". ofcouse this is just run off by memory, so the wording is most likly a bit different, but i do remember the last part clearly. you are defending your household, and everyone in it. if he were to die, then he would die a shaheed. why? because it is the mans rold as revealed by Allah that he is to be the protector of the household. so his fighting the agressor could be for the sake of Allah. and this is ofcourse open to scholery interpetations, i have not read any scholery commentary on this hadeith.

also just seeing this issue from the perspective of scholers who follow sects and blaming them for curruping the ummah, we must remember that most sects are orriginated from past scholars, although i doubt that was their intention. are there not currupt scholers in all sects? even "sunni" scholers make fake fatwa, or have misled the muslims. now i know nothing about sects, i dont study them, i personally feel its a waste of my time, bwcause i am still a new muslim, i wish to still learn things at a steady pace that are in accordance with the sunnah, weather it be salafi or sunni or sufi i really dont care, as long as it is in line with the shariah and sunnah. as many of you may know, i dont even call myself a sunni, not to say any of the teachings are wrong, i just dont ascribe myself to being a "sunni".

with that said, scholers from all different sects have made mistakes and misled the masses. some of them are paid to do it. this is why we must be carfull.

when there are hadeith that warn us of certian things, i like to see what other scholers have to say. i woud like to see what a salafi says about these hadeith and if thir daleel is authentic. because we are not shake ul-hadeith our interpetations can be easily influenced. so my suggestion to this is why dont we look at this from a haqq point of veiw, to try and clear misconceptions(if any) and to expose the truth for what it is. indeed i know all of us here wish to be in jennah, and want to be knowledgeable, so we muse make collective effort to attining that goal, even if we be of different sects. being of a differnt sect(that is within islam) dose not mean we can colectivly make an effort to follow th right path. because truth be told there is only one sect that will goto jennah, so in reality alot of us here are following the WRONG path. and we must help eachother as much as possible to fight this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uncle umar View Post
    salam

i got 2 things to say so i will split them up, inshallah.

first is about jihad fisabillah. when a kaffir army enters an islamic country, its is pretty much agreed uppon by any reliable truthfull scholer that jihad is a must. the deatials behind this is anther debate though. are the mujahadien not figting for the country to keep the word of Allah supioror over all others(means la ilha illala, and the shareahs and sunnah)? yes they are fighing for afghanistan, but for the sake of Allah, to keep it islamic. iraq, bosnia, palistine and all others do this. jihad can even be at the individual level. in a hadeith a man asked the prophet sallaho alahi was sallam "what if somone attacks me and my family" to whch he S.A.W. said "then defend your household" then the man asked "what if he fights me? to which he S.AW. said "then fight him" then the man asked "what if he kills me?" to which he S.A.W. said "then you will die a maytr". ofcouse this is just run off by memory, so the wording is most likly a bit different, but i do remember the last part clearly. you are defending your household, and everyone in it. if he were to die, then he would die a shaheed. why? because it is the mans rold as revealed by Allah that he is to be the protector of the household. so his fighting the agressor could be for the sake of Allah. and this is ofcourse open to scholery interpetations, i have not read any scholery commentary on this hadeith.

also just seeing this issue from the perspective of scholers who follow sects and blaming them for curruping the ummah, we must remember that most sects are orriginated from past scholars, although i doubt that was their intention. are there not currupt scholers in all sects? even "sunni" scholers make fake fatwa, or have misled the muslims. now i know nothing about sects, i dont study them, i personally feel its a waste of my time, bwcause i am still a new muslim, i wish to still learn things at a steady pace that are in accordance with the sunnah, weather it be salafi or sunni or sufi i really dont care, as long as it is in line with the shariah and sunnah. as many of you may know, i dont even call myself a sunni, not to say any of the teachings are wrong, i just dont ascribe myself to being a "sunni".

with that said, scholers from all different sects have made mistakes and misled the masses. some of them are paid to do it. this is why we must be carfull.

when there are hadeith that warn us of certian things, i like to see what other scholers have to say. i woud like to see what a salafi says about these hadeith and if thir daleel is authentic. because we are not shake ul-hadeith our interpetations can be easily influenced. so my suggestion to this is why dont we look at this from a haqq point of veiw, to try and clear misconceptions(if any) and to expose the truth for what it is. indeed i know all of us here wish to be in jennah, and want to be knowledgeable, so we muse make collective effort to attining that goal, even if we be of different sects. being of a differnt sect(that is within islam) dose not mean we can colectivly make an effort to follow th right path. because truth be told there is only one sect that will goto jennah, so in reality alot of us here are following the WRONG path. and we must help eachother as much as possible to fight this.
    again very well said brother, I agree with everything you said, May Allah bless your road to Jannah inshaAllah

subhanAllah it is very true that the prophet saws and his companions understood islam very simply, they for example accepted that if you die defending your family you are a martyr and this is natural that you will defend your household, so when someone comes and says no because they did not do it for the sake of Allah, then this is where the bell rings for me that their understanding of "for the sake of Allah" is flawed.

It is very natural and simple, because Allah has made the law according to our nature so it should not be difficult to do things, for example the salafi group i was in told me everything I do I have to make intention for the sake of Allah, imagine me making tea for my mother and making intention for Allah, how many times a day you do htis, this is clearly a corruption of shaytan, if i do good in order to show off or in order to get something in return from that person then that is not for the sake of Allah, but if you simply do good wihtout expecting in retrun from people or showing off but you are trying to releive your brother from a hardship then that is for the sake of Allah, this is a very serious issue which was a problem in that group I was in

I have heard someone was paid as well to spread fitna, when we see corruption from origianl text we must not deny it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Asalaamu alaikum

in regards to the one sect going to heaven, it isn't by name that you belong to that sect, but by your following Qur'an and Sunnah that you belong to it. inshallah wa Allahu alem

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

wa salam

wow, that is a very good point, i hadent even thought if it like that untill you mentioned it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Authu bilahi Minaysh shaytani Rajeem, Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Have they not travelled through the land, and have they hearts wherewith to understand and ears wherewith to hear? Verily, it is not the eyes that grow blind, but it is the hearts which are in the breasts that grow blind. [Hajj 22:46]

The Day when neither wealth nor children will benefit, Except him who brings to Allah a clean heart, [Ash-Shu'araa' 26:88-89]

And surely, We have created many of the jinns and mankind for Hell. They have hearts with which they do not understand. [A'raaf 7:179]

Imam Hasan al-Basree once said to a man, "Cure your heart for Allah desires that His slaves should purify their hearts". He also said, "You should know that you never truly love Allah until you love obeying Him." [Jaami' al-'Uloom v.1 by Ibn Rajab]

I believe that Islam, as practiced today at least from my experience, by far too many people, is not Islam of the heart. How many of us love to pray? Do we rush through our recitations so that we can hurry back to television or dinner? Do we cry when we think about Allah swt's mercy? Do we sincerely love our fellow creation or do we feel at competition with them, and do we judge them and separate ourselves from them? Do we say "We're better than you, we have the truth" or do we say "Allah swt please guide ALL OF US to the truth, ameen."? Allahu 3alem.

May Allah swt bless us all with the barakah of wisdom, Fiqh, sincerity, and true worship and love of Allah swt and Rasoolallah(saws), may Allah swt forgive us, as He has told us His Name Ar-Raheem! If Allah swt will not forgive us, who will!? Run to Your Lord and Mine insha'Allah and fear Allah swt, let us inshallah never forget this and seek to not only purify our actions and our speech, but purify our hearts and our heart's intentions! If our hearts are pure then our actions and speech will become easy! Allahu akbar.

Wa salaam.