Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

DEAD PERSON IN DREAM - please interpret

Salam alaykum

Could anybody interpret this dream please, especially if you have ibn sireen's book or some other reliable Islamic book on dreams:

I had a dream last night that I saw my friend's dead father, and I wrote my number and my name on a peice of paper and also wrote for 'the name of his daughter' and gave it to him to give to his daughter, who was my friend in childhood so we can get back in touch.

In the dream I did not know he is dead, but when I woke up I know he is dead and I am worried because I heard in my country that if you see a dead person in dream and they take something from you it means you will die. And I know many cases that this happened when they dreamed of this.

Now before you start telling me I should not be scared, to fill you in, I am not scared of death per se, but I don't want to leave my husband alone, I want to spend time with him, and I also have a lot of things I would still like to do

thank you for your input

Re: DEAD PERSON IN DREAM - please interpret

i thought if you see someone dying, it will mean they will have a long life? Allah knows best
    From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Quote Originally Posted by pearl44uk View Post
    i thought if you see someone dying, it will mean they will have a long life? Allah knows best
    thank you pearl44uk, but as stated this person is already dead, I saw him as alive in dream but he is actually dead and took something from me

if i was you, i would be reading my aytul qursi before going asleep! lol
    From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Quote Originally Posted by pearl44uk View Post
    if i was you, i would be reading my aytul qursi before going asleep! lol
    lol but what do I do after the dream

there is nothing about giving something to the dead person in ibn sireen's book.

you gave that piece of paper to him for his daughter. it wasnt for him, and his daughter is alive. so i dont think it means that you will die. may be it is a sign of happiness for you as you tried to contact your old friend so it is sign of happiness.

i was discussing dreams and interpretation with a scholar and he said every dream may have different meaning. if i had a dream of a person then it will mean something else because i have different kind of relation with that person and if you had a dream of this same person then it will mean something else as there will be difference between yours and mine relation with him.
    and then he told me a story about a person who saw fire under his bed......... and another person saw the same dream too....... i dont remember the story but he meant that meaning changes.

so dont worry and ask a scholar about it.

and ALLAH knows best.
    Last edited by Hamza Momand; 03-02-10 at 02:13 PM. Reason: please ignore my "english mistakes"

Quote Originally Posted by Hamza Momand View Post
    there is nothing about giving something to the dead person in ibn sireen's book.

you gave that piece of paper to him for his daughter. it wasnt for him, and his daughter is alive. so i dont think it means that you will die. may be it is a sign of happiness for you as you tried to contact your old friend so it is sign of happiness.

i was discussing dreams and interpretation with a scholar and he said every dream may have different meaning. if i had a dream of a person then it will mean something else because i have different kind of relation with that person and if you had a dream of this same person then it will mean something else as there will be difference between yours and mine relation with him.
    and then he told me a story about a person who saw fire under his bed......... and another person saw the same dream too....... i dont remember the story but he meant that meaning changes.

so dont worry and ask a scholar about it.

and ALLAH knows best.

May Allah Bless you and grant you happiness. It was a nice comforting response, I must say after most people ignored my thread I had to assume they dont want to give me the bad news hehe

May Allah guide us and bless us all

Dream books are pointless. I do have the book you mentioned but i never use it or use it as a reference.

If you want your dreams interpreted the best person to ask is a Shaykh or someone knowledgeable. All dreams are individual and the meanings behind those dreams vary according to the person. I was listening to a talk on dreams and the shaykh mentioned an incident, two people had exactly the same dream but both dreams meant two different things, one person was exposed as being a thief and the other person received good tidings, he was going to do hajj.

Please dont waste your time interpreting dreams noone on this forum
    is qualified to do so. Life and death is in Allah's hand .
    And also dont fall for false books of dream interpretation.
    Please keep your dreams to yourself because dreams are like a cloud with a tail more you talk about it more chances it will come true only Allah knows what your dream means. Trust me i have been in your situation before and i have wasted so much time looking for answers at one point i became so obessed but seriously didnt get anything out of it and i still dont know what my dreams mean. They are usually pyshcological or satanic very rarely from Allah.

Analyze your dreams, find consistent patterns, and share with friends.
    This is a great new app that lets you interpret your dreams.
    Link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/morpheus...508437774?mt=8
    The app allows you to easily record your dreams, sync across devices, interpret as you write, and identify favorite or recurring themes in your dream. The dictionary has been composed De novo through a careful creation and recompilation of the most Valuable dream interpretations published throughout history: from Artemidorus, to Freud, Jung, Hasse and selected others.
    This is one of the best dream interpretation Apps on the iTunes Store. For a full list of their Apps,
    visit www.algoryt.hm

N.a
    Last edited by Ahlis Sunnah; 25-08-14 at 03:31 AM.