Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Note: All classes with the exception of the Mustalahul Hadeeth and the Tafseer Class will stop until after Eid Al-Adh'haa, and will resume on Monday 6th October 2014.

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

+ Reply to Thread
    tawbah5
    Guests

How do you make Tawbah? (repentence)

I believe the conditions for repentance are as follows: (correct me if I'm wrong)

1. Leaving the sin;
    2. Remorse over having committed the sin;
    3. Resolve never to return to the sin;
    4. (If it relates to the rights of another person, then to) Return the rights or property one wrongly took.

My question:

I know this sounds basic, but is making tawbah rather like making a du'a to Allah (i.e. lifting your hands to around shoulder height and asking for forgiveness?)

Is that the way one makes tawbah?

Also, do you have to be in a state of purity (wudu) if your making tawbah?

Re: How do you make Tawbah? (repentence)

Quote Originally Posted by tawbah5 View Post
    I believe the conditions for repentance are as follows: (correct me if I'm wrong)

1. Leaving the sin;
    2. Remorse over having committed the sin;
    3. Resolve never to return to the sin;
    4. (If it relates to the rights of another person, then to) Return the rights or property one wrongly took.

My question:

I know this sounds basic, but is making tawbah rather like making a du'a to Allah (i.e. lifting your hands to around shoulder height and asking for forgiveness?)

Is that the way one makes tawbah?

Also, do you have to be in a state of purity (wudu) if your making tawbah?
    its better to lift your hands and amke tawbah or pray a tasbeeh of astagfar or in any other situation i.e u could be walking for example n making tawbah.
    n its best to be in the state of purity and do tawbah bt you could do tawbah without wudhu

registeredun
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Mujaahidah View Post
    its better to lift your hands and amke tawbah or pray a tasbeeh of astagfar or in any other situation i.e u could be walking for example n making tawbah.
    n its best to be in the state of purity and do tawbah bt you could do tawbah without wudhu
    Salam alaykum,

Can you or someone else explain the tasbeeh of astagfar? jazakallah khair
    Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
    Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.