Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Green Turban

GreenTurban
    Guests

Green Turban

Assalaamualaikum wr wb

What group do muslims who wear the Green Turban belong to? i notice alot of brothers in birmingham wear the Green turban.. what group do they associate with?

شهيد إن شاء الله

Re: Green Turban

salam

the prophet peace be uppon him wore 3 different colours. back, white and green.

so thay may not be part of any sect, just they decided that green looks good.

i wear a black one(no im not a shia) and it took a while for people to get used to it. lot of people were scared, some thought i was from iran. so i can see why a green one would look more......peacefull.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenTurban View Post
    Assalaamualaikum wr wb

What group do muslims who wear the Green Turban belong to? i notice alot of brothers in birmingham wear the Green turban.. what group do they associate with?
    Barelvi's
    Sultan Bahu mosque and Ghamkol Sharif mosque are the main barelvi mosques i think
    "Verily Allah does not look to your appearance or wealth, but he looks to your hearts and your deeds." [Sahih Muslim, Vol. 4, #6221]

The green turban group is called Dawat e Islami..their headquarters are based in Karachi Pakistan but they have maraakiz all over the world
    They also have a channel on sky called Madani channel 838
    They are from Barelvi section.
    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Green Turban
    Guests

they cant be brelvi's. noway. some of them brothers seem so pious.. i know for a fact they celebrate the birth of the prophet saw, use misbah's.. i just wanted to know what group.. and whether there were any deviations among their beliefs.

Assalaamualaikum wr wb

Brelvis

I DONT REPLY 2 PM'S

they are the dawat-e-islami movement
    Jo kaam karta hai tu chup ke jahaan se
    koi dekhta hai tujhe aasmaan se

yes they are very pious + the shirk

walaykum asalam.

D.salami group, they have a mosque in B.green
    ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
    Rumi RahimuAllah.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Turban View Post
    they cant be brelvi's. noway. some of them brothers seem so pious.. i know for a fact they celebrate the birth of the prophet saw, use misbah's.. i just wanted to know what group.. and whether there were any deviations among their beliefs.

there are many green turban brelvi's who have perfected their mannerisms to the T, and are well-mannered and have alot of Adhaab. pious in their character.Yes. Pious in Islam. Maybe/No.

Im sure there are types of barelvi's - who are sufi's me thinks
    "Verily Allah does not look to your appearance or wealth, but he looks to your hearts and your deeds." [Sahih Muslim, Vol. 4, #6221]

Account Disabled

Assalaamualaikum wr wb

The Green Turban Society.

they are members of dawaetislami, just like i am. "they cant be brelvi's, no way. some of them brothers seem so pious", its because they are and therefore maybe you should stop believing what some nasty people say and believe with your eyes and what they are showing you. yes, we celebrate Milad un Nabi and use miswak among other sunnahs.

It seems like a uniform at times.

dawat e islami.
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.

Lynx
    Guests

You can see them in lahore aswell.

GreenTurban
    Guests

ok.. so besides the fact that they do alot of 'supposedly' good bidah.. what other major deviations do they practice against the quran and sunnah?. it's just that i've never ever come across a muslim who was so close to perfect in character and mannerism.. and believe me it wasnt a show!!!
    would it be wrong for a muslim sister who might be a salafi jih@di to consider a dawateislami brother for marriage..(im not even sure is he's married at this stage)? i didnt even know there were muslim brothers out there that were like this!!!! i saw this brother spend all his time in worship.. i saw so much good in him wallahi i was afraid i might give him the evil eye..

Green turban
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by .Abu.Rambo. View Post
    walaykum asalam.

D.salami group, they have a mosque in B.green
    Bordesley Green? and are they really brelvis? (please say no!!!!)

There is nothing wrong with being a barelwi! And dawat e islami is the perfect face of the true barelvism
    Forget the indian barelwism where there are deviants...but in pakistan they are well educated and well mannered...
    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

I DONT REPLY 2 PM'S

Quote Originally Posted by Green turban View Post
    Bordesley Green? and are they really brelvis? (please say no!!!!)
    they are pretty much the same thing as brelvis

not sure if a salafi jihadist should marry one ...depends how buff he is....joke because you will have major aqeedah clashes and your kids are going to be well confused

there are a lot of them in London and bham...and i don't know why its surprising that they spend time in worship their aqeedah doesn't teach them that they shouldn't lol
    Jo kaam karta hai tu chup ke jahaan se
    koi dekhta hai tujhe aasmaan se

Why don't you go and ask them ?
    ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
    Rumi RahimuAllah.

banana
    Guests

When I was in Lahore last time I have heard people calling (Green Turban Person) them TOTA(Parrot) Marka(Brand) Molvi. Really annoying me and I did not like it. I would not prefer to wear green turban or any turban specially in UK.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Hijabistani View Post
    Barelvi's
    Sultan Bahu mosque and Ghamkol Sharif mosque are the main barelvi mosques i think
    yes you've hit the nail on the head!

Quote Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
    It seems like a uniform at times.
    lol joka.

tbh there are quiet a lot of brelvis in birmingham

Abu Rambo - which mosque on Bordesley Green? The big one up by petrol station or the other small one by the paradise carpets??
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.

registered 4 nw
    Guests

isnt celebrating his birth a well-known bid'ah? surely!

ok.. so besides the fact that they do alot of 'supposedly' good bidah.. what other major deviations do they practice against the quran and sunnah?. it's just that i've never ever come across a muslim who was so close to perfect in character and mannerism.. and believe me it wasnt a show!!!
    would it be wrong for a muslim sister who might be a salafi jih@di to consider a dawateislami brother for marriage..(im not even sure is he's married at this stage)? i didnt even know there were muslim brothers out there that were like this!!!! i saw this brother spend all his time in worship.. i saw so much good in him wallahi i was afraid i might give him the evil eye..
    yes, their aqeedah is warped, i have met catholics who have excellent character should we as muslims many such a person?

There are good brothers in every group though, some kind and soft hearted, some ehhh not so much so who need to spend some time with the soft hearted brothers.
    Daw'ud... is retired from ummah forum

Quote Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
    Abu Rambo - which mosque on Bordesley Green? The big one up by petrol station or the other small one by the paradise carpets??

opposite the girls school i think ?

and the green turban is a Sunnah guys.. :S
    Rumi RahimuAllah.

Salahuddin was a sufi muslim ak's Avatar

In Birmingham Dawateislami masjid is on bordesley green road, just past the girls school, corner of Ronald Road.
    There is a gathering for brothers every Thursday 7.30pm and for sisters every sunday 1.00pm

Do take time out and attend and if you have any misconceptions about them then InshahAllah they will be removed. They are from the Ahle Sunnah wal Jammah
    they don't follow deobandi/ahle hadith/salafi/shia etc
    Also watch Madani channel on sky 838 which is their channel

The masjid is on bordesley green road, corner of ronald road, just past the girls school.

There are gatherings for brothers every thursday 7.30pm and for sisters every sunday 1.00pm

Quote Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
    The masjid is on bordesley green rd, corner of ronald rd just past the girls school.

jimmymishal
    Guests

green turban is barelvi under dawat e islam is a deviant sect. in SriLanka they have become notorious bcoz some guys have brought heroin (drug) inside the green turban and has been in jail for good. In Sri Lanka the majority community Sinhala are mocking at their dress (Shalwar Kameez) these **** dress is also worn by ladies. Really embrassing. I saw in Karachi they are paying homage to Crockodile known as Mongo peer. Pakistan have many deviant sect and majority of them are very illeterate. There will be 73 groups and only one will enter paradise as foretold by Sallallahu Alayhiwasallam. If all Muslim come back to Quraan and Sunnah ways, it will be so nice.

Abdul-Hasib
    Guests

Asslam brother...... the people who wear the green turbans they are Sunni Muslims and revive the sunnah of the blessed prophet (SAW). THERE is nothing wrong about them....they are not differant people, they are just a group set to bring back the sunnah. Its not rocket Science, believe me Im an Aerospace Engineer
    Wear a turban is sunnah..the prophet was never seen out of the house without his turban.
    also Green remainds us of the green dome of Masjid nawbi ALHUMDUILLAH!

Unreg
    Guests

They are the Dawat - e - Islami. This is a non-propagational movement of Quraan and Sunnah. Dawat-e-Islami was founded in 1980 in Karachi, Pakistan, by Maulana Abu-Bilal Muhammad Ilyas Attar Qadri Razavi (Damate barakatumul alliya) . The movement is active in more than 72 countries. They wear Green Turbans, which number 1) Was the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (S.a.w) and 2) Is the colour of the Dome.

[QUOTE=Kas1m;3613620]The green turban group is called Dawat e Islami..their headquarters are based in Karachi Pakistan but they have maraakiz all over the world
    They also have a channel on sky called Madani channel 838
    They are from Barelvi section.[/QUOT

Are Barelvi's sunni and what imam do they follow because i follow imam abu hanifah and i listen to madani channel so i need to know who they follow

deobandi123
    Guests

Exclamation Re: Green Turban

barelvis follow imam a hanifah ra but are deviant

here to help
    Guests

The green turbans are normally worn by the Nashbandi's (a sufi order). They are NOT a deviant sect. You can read/learn more about them at saltanat.org or sufihub.com

Mustafaamerican
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by dawud_uk View Post
    yes, their aqeedah is warped, i have met catholics who have excellent character should we as muslims many such a person?

There are good brothers in every group though, some kind and soft hearted, some ehhh not so much so who need to spend some time with the soft hearted brothers.

I searched about the Green Turban group. The group is among the extremist groups who even till recently didn't believe that they should let their images to be shown either by pictures or on TV. They like Wahhabis preach hatred against other Muslims. Although they don't directly advise anyone to take gun and go to jihad, but they preach in a way that will provoke Muslims and Youth to become violent.

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Hijabistani View Post
    Barelvi's
    lol. i was amazed when i went to some far away place called mauritius and the whole place was full of green turbans!! misguidance spreads to even remote places.
    Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Unreg_bro
    Guests
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafaamerican View Post
    I searched about the Green Turban group. The group is among the extremist groups who even till recently didn't believe that they should let their images to be shown either by pictures or on TV. They like Wahhabis preach hatred against other Muslims. Although they don't directly advise anyone to take gun and go to jihad, but they preach in a way that will provoke Muslims and Youth to become violent.
    You got so much more pressing issues to worry about then the belief of others. Check within yourself before you loose yourself.