Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

+ Reply to Thread
    1Seeker1
    Guests

Reply of Jazakallah?

What's reply of Jazakallah?

Please provide authentic hadith for support.

Thanx in advance.....

أليس الله بِكَافٍ عَبْدَه fisabilillah's Avatar

Re: Reply of Jazakallah?

Well, it should be jazak Allahu Khairan which means may Allah reward you with good, and the reply in Arabic is Wa iyakum, which means and you too.
    قال بعض السلف :
    خلق الله الملائكة عقولاً بلا شهوة ، وخلق البهائم شهوة بلا عقول، وخلق ابن آدم وركب فيه العقل والشهوة ، فمن غلب عقله شهوته التحق بالملائكة ، ومن غلبت شهوته عقله التحق بالبهائم .

http://saaid.net/

1Seeker1
    Guests

Jazakallahu khair...
    But what about the authentication?
    I need Daleel coz if someone asks me.

muslimaa2009
    Guests

bigring Re: Reply of Jazakallah?

Its wa iyaki meaning with you

hope that helps

sfg3fg3wsg
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by 1Seeker1 View Post
    Jazakallahu khair...
    But what about the authentication?
    I need Daleel coz if someone asks me.
    What if someone asks you to bring evidience to prove saying bye is valid? Its a trival issue and its to do with language, not necessaryly religion. Some will say wa iyaaki/iyaaka or baraka Allah feek or shukran etc etc There is no set method.

1Seeker1
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by sfg3fg3wsg View Post
    What if someone asks you to bring evidience to prove saying bye is valid? Its a trival issue and its to do with language, not necessaryly religion. Some will say wa iyaaki/iyaaka or baraka Allah feek or shukran etc etc There is no set method.
    It's to with religion. Because this what our beloved prophet Muhammad(SAWS) taught us how to thank saying Jazakallahu Khairan.

So I was wondering is there any hadith(authentic only) regarding reply of this?

7. 02-12-09, 09:59 AM

Reason
    duplicate

Unregistered451
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by 1Seeker1 View Post
    It's to with religion. Because this what our beloved prophet Muhammad(SAWS) taught us how to thank saying Jazakallahu Khairan.

So I was wondering is there any hadith(authentic only) regarding reply of this?
    Brother, where is the hadith for this where our beloved prophet peace be upon him told us to say jazakAllahu khairun?
    Look this is linguistics, you can say wa iyyakum (and you too) or wa jazakum (May Allah reward u too) it has to do with the language.

1Seeker1
    Guests

Saying "Jazak Allahu khayran" ("May Allah reward you generously") is established from the sunna of the Beloved Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him).

The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "If good is done to someone and then they say "Jazak Allahu khayran" to the one who did the good, they have indeed praised them well." [Tirmidhi]

سنن الترمذي - (ج 7 / ص 343)
    حَدَّثَنَا الْحُسَيْنُ بْنُ الْحَسَنِ الْمَرْوَزِيُّ بِمَكَّةَ وَإِبْرَاهِيمُ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ الْجَوْهَرِيُّ قَالَا حَدَّثَنَا الْأَحْوَصُ بْنُ جَوَّابٍ عَنْ سُعَيْرِ بْنِ الْخِمْسِ عَنْ سُلَيْمَانَ التَّيْمِيِّ عَنْ أَبِي عُثْمَانَ النَّهْدِيِّ عَنْ أُسَامَةَ بْنِ زَيْدٍ قَالَ
    قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ مَنْ صُنِعَ إِلَيْهِ مَعْرُوفٌ فَقَالَ لِفَاعِلِهِ جَزَاكَ اللَّهُ خَيْرًا فَقَدْ أَبْلَغَ فِي الثَّنَاءِ

1Seeker1
    Guests

OK here I got my answer. Copy pasted reply from my facebook profile.....

>>>>>>>>My Question..........

Assalamu 'Alaikum ****** ****

I want to know Authentic Ahadith regarding saying "Jazakallahu Khayran". I just got one from Sunan Al Tirmidhi

The Messenger of Allah (SAWS) said, "If good
    is done to someone and then they say "Jazak Allahu khayran" to the one
    who did the good, they have indeed praised them well."

Also what should be our reply for "Jazakallahu Khayran" according to Sunnah?

>>>>>>Reply from Shaykh.........

Wa 'alaikumus Salaam,
    There are a number of ahaadeeth regarding saying Jazaakallhu khyran to one who has done good to you.

The one you mentioned is a Saheeh hadeeth. Shaykh al-Alaabny has said it is Saheeh in Saheeh al-Jaame' [6368].
    ... See More
    What should one reply if someone says Jazakaallahu khayran to him? There is a hadeeth in Saheeh Ibn Hibbaan in which the Sahaabi said Jazaakallahu Khyran to the Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم and in reply he said وَأَنْتُمْ فَجَزَاكُمُ اللَّهُ خَيْرًا
    And you too, May Allah reward to with Khayr. The Hadeeth is narrated by Usayd Ibn Hudair أسيد بن حضير . The text is as follows :
    قُلْتُ : جَزَاكَ اللَّهُ خَيْرًا يَا رَسُولَ اللهِ
    قَالَ : وَأَنْتُمْ فَجَزَاكُمُ اللَّهُ خَيْرًا
    فَإِنَّكُمْ مَا عَلِمْتُكُمْ أَعِفَّةٌ صُبُرٌ
    Usayd ibn Hadayr says ... I said :
    O Messenger of Allah جزاك الله خيرا [Jazaakallhu Khayrn]
    The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said :
    And you too, May Allah reward to with Khayr.
    [وَأَنْتُمْ فَجَزَاكُمُ اللَّهُ خَيْرًا]
    Shaykh al-Albaany has said that the Hadeeh is Saheeh.
    [al-Saheeha 3096, al-Ta'leeqaatul hisaan al Saheeh ibn Hibbaan 6231]
    [التعليقات الحسان على صحيح بن حبان]

tabassumfarooqi
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by sfg3fg3wsg View Post
    Is there a difference when replying to male and female when we say 'wa iyaaki'? I am not arabic speaking. Hence the doubt.

Umar Farooq
    Guests

Brother can you post the link to the fatwa site you received an answer from, or at least the name of the scholar and where he is from. Jazakallaahu Khaiyra

zainya
    Guests

Icon7 Re: Reply of Jazakallah?

reply of jazakAllah to lady is wa_iyyaki and rply to male is wa_iyyak