Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Need information for umrah

Salaam alaikum,

I am living in london .
    I want to do Umrah next year.what is the best period for performing Umrah and its normal duration.
    I want to travel to saudi Arabia and then to pakistan and back to London.which airline will be suitable and its cost .what is the procedure for getting Umra visa from uk london . what will be the normal cost of stay during Umrah.

Thank you in advance for any advice given

regards
    tirmiz

Re: Need information for umrah

Quote Originally Posted by tirmiz View Post
    Salaam alaikum,

I am living in london .
    I want to do Umrah next year.what is the best period for performing Umrah and its normal duration.
    I want to travel to saudi Arabia and then to pakistan and back to London.which airline will be suitable and its cost .what is the procedure for getting Umra visa from uk london . what will be the normal cost of stay during Umrah.

Thank you in advance for any advice given

regards
    tirmiz
    Umra season starts 15 February and end on 1st Ramadan (to get your visa).

Saudi Air is the best option for you as you intend to travel onward to Pakistan.

Cost depends on your intended duration of stay and the type of accommodation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ismail Simjee View Post
    Umra season starts 15 February and end on 1st Ramadan (to get your visa).

Saudi Air is the best option for you as you intend to travel onward to Pakistan.

Cost depends on your intended duration of stay and the type of accommodation.
    It starts on 15th feb for pakistanis not for other parts of the world. I have pepole coming for umrah from south africa next week insha'Allah..\

The best time to do umrah is either now or just after ramazan. After ramazan its very empty no one comes. you can wait for 2 weeks and then apply. It would be very nice these days. the weather is also very pleasant here.

Umra season starts on 1st of Rabi ul Awwal for the whole world, excepting the citizens of the GCC countries, every year. It ends with Ramadan. Anyone still hanging around on and after 1st Shavval is an overstayer.

Neither the Pakistanis nor South Africans are any exception and are included in the above timing.

Umra season starts on 1st of Rabi ul Awwal for the whole world, excepting the citizens of the GCC countries, every year. It ends with Ramadan. Anyone still hanging around on and after 1st Shavval is an overstayer.

Neither the Pakistanis nor South Africans are any exception and are included in the above timing.
    Brother thats not true ok. I live here in Madinah. The package is open for south africans i know for sure. You can go and check the websites for tour operators. If you want to come before Rabi ul Awwal you have to stop over at any gcc country and you can come for umrah very easily...... And you can come for umrah before the hajj flights start.

P.S: my relatives are coming on 21th dec for umrah inshallah from south africa...

Living in Madinah does not mean you know everything. I am in business a long time and know what I am talking about.

Only citizens of GCC countries are permitted to enter Saudi Arabia anytime they like and perform Umra even during the 5 days of haj. But that does not apply to non-GCC nationals.

Kindly don't mislead readers about the Umra entry dates. The nearest Wazarat of Haj office in Madinah is facing the site of the 7 masjids. Go there and make enquiry about when "foreigners" are allowed in for Umra.

Then check it out with the Wazarat of Kharijiyah and ask them when the overseas consulates of Saudi Arabia issue visas for umra.

I hold Umra contract and know exactly when the season starts and ends. And I have contacts in South Africa, India, Pakistan, UAE, USA, Australia and Canada. We all have exactly the same contract for Umra and there is no differences in the policy for seasonal changes.

Ok Brother im lying then my relatives lying that they coming for umrah on 21th dec.. You know more but i would just like you to check south africa umrah package websites and ask them you will know...

There is neither any suggestion that you are lying nor any insinuation of that.

What I am saying to you is that you have not got correct information on the Umra Process and living in Madinah does not give you an edge over the information that the rest of us Umra and Haj operators internationally have.

It is a matter for you to check how your relatives will be entering Saudi Arabia. I also add that Umra visits are not the only method of entering Saudi Arabia nor the Haj method.

Apart from paying a visit to the ministry of haj in Madina you may, if you so wish, pay a visit to the "Markazia Dawoodi" in Madina. This office houses almost all of the Saudi based Umra companies and you can easily confirm with them what I say here.

And I am saying that "The Umra season starts on 1st of Rabi ul Awwal".

http://www.nuristravel.com/umra.aspx

Brother can you go see this site and ask them how they bringing people on 28 dec for umrah?

http://www.ttwumrah.com/umrahdec2009.html

And these people how they bringing people for umrah on 21st dec?

http://www.alfalahtravels.co.za/saudi.htm

And this, they also bringing people in december....

JazakAllah Khair

P.S: http://www.darelsalam.ca/umra.aspx

this is for canada coming on 25th dec...

Found one more...

http://www.takemetoumrah.com/

Dec 26th...
    Last edited by talib_27; 09-12-09 at 12:36 PM.

I did say that there are categories of entry into Saudi Arabia.

Your pointers in the direction of South Africa and Canada still does not mean that mutamirs are allowed in for umra outside the declared umra season which is between 1st of Rabi ul Awwal to 1st of Ramadan.

Whatsmore, those who have successfully obtained the "MOFA" for umra visa on 1st of Ramadan can obtain their umra visa from their respective saudi consulate until 15 Ramadan. As most umra visas are valid to be used within 30 days, people can land in Jedda on even 30 Ramadan and return home on 28 Shavval.

Saudi government is promoting tourism. People can enter Saudi Arabia on tourist visas all year round. If the tourists are muslims, they can enter Makkah for Umra during their tourism trip. However, the tourism industry is still at its embryonic stage and the trips are very expensive and not all countries in the world have agents installed to promote this visit.

We, in UK, are yet to have anyone licensed.

My statement on Umra visit remain un-changed. Umra season begins on 1st Rabi ul Awwal. Go and have that confirmed from the Umra companies situated in the Markazia Dawoodia in Madina. It is located off the Shara Sitteen.

Ok brother, i cannot be more clear than this. It is umrah visa not a visit visa nor a business visa!

Btw, how can one obtain a tourism visa without a sponser? You know brother, if my relatives get their passports insha'Allah i will scan the visa and send it to you.

Ok you remain on your stance but south africans and canadian can enter as mu'tamirs not tourists! If you still dont want to change your stance, you can email them and ask them. Because theres always room for knowledge!

Tourism visas are issued in similar way as Umra Visas.

To be eligible to qualify to issue tourist visa, a registered company has to be established. In UK we need to be registered with Companies House.

Further, the agent must have an IATA license.In UK we need either an IATA or an ATOL or both licenses. There is also an ABTA license available in UK.

Such companies than contract with registered and licensed Tourist companies in Saudi Arabia. Once that registeration is recognised by the Ministry of Tourism, the Saudi based contractor obtains a User ID and password for the overseas agent.

The Saudi based company than organises the tour visits all over The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia including Makkah and Madinah for the overseas tourists with the exception that non-muslims will NOT be permitted to go to these two Holy cities.

So, in every way, it reflects the Umra Visits except that the Umra conract is licensed by Ministry of Haj.

Once your relations has arrived you get the copy of their visa and post that to me. Until then I am adamant that in NO WAY they are visiting Saudi Arabia on an Umra visa.

Actually brother, it seems that even if i do scan and post it you will still not accept it. So the best thing is you call one of the agencies or your contacts in south africa and ask them how are they sending people? tourism visa or umrah visa....

but it seems you know it all and you dont want to change it. Sorry!

P.S: So basically i wasnt wrong, the OP wasnt asking about umrah visa, he was asking about doing umrah. If he can get a tourist visa so easily like the south africans according to you are getting, why not apply for it and do umrah? why wait for rabi ul awwal?

You are not going to be convinced about the umra season being within the restricted period as I have stated.

I am not the one who have said it is open all year around. You did. And with your confused understanding you have put a misguided information on this forum.

You continue to use the imminent arrival of your relations from south africa and canada as mutamirs on umra visa and will not accept the simple task of paying a visit to umra companies or the ministry of haj to confirm what I am saying.

Likewise I have no business to contact your relations nor any intention of doing so with the canadians.

I am an umra licensed contractor and know what is the process for umra. This is my final say and there is no point to further this argument.

Readers on this forum already know, since past two years, when the saudi consulate starts to issue umra visas in London. This subject has been debated extensively with some other confused brothers like you before.

Peace be with you brother.

Brother Ismail
    as i told you before the things which you are unable to understand not by replied from your side, as you are only Home Based ( Guest Room Agent ) as you got your office in your Guest Room so IATA ABTA ATOL etc are for those agents which got good working experience not like you the Black Listed for Operating Hajj or Umra as you are only the home based agent which Sale only Visa, so our brother Talib_27 is saying right now if you able to come and see 30 % Makkah and Madinah are Full with Umrah Passengers rather they are on any Visa but they are at Makkah , the main thing is to Come on Holy Land by any means

so accept the words from talib and get more knowledge then again come to reply

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tourism visas are issued in similar way as Umra Visas.

To be eligible to qualify to issue tourist visa, a registered company has to be established. In UK we need to be registered with Companies House.

Further, the agent must have an IATA license.In UK we need either an IATA or an ATOL or both licenses. There is also an ABTA license available in UK.

Such companies than contract with registered and licensed Tourist companies in Saudi Arabia. Once that registeration is recognised by the Ministry of Tourism, the Saudi based contractor obtains a User ID and password for the overseas agent.

The Saudi based company than organises the tour visits all over The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia including Makkah and Madinah for the overseas tourists with the exception that non-muslims will NOT be permitted to go to these two Holy cities.

So, in every way, it reflects the Umra Visits except that the Umra conract is licensed by Ministry of Haj.

Once your relations has arrived you get the copy of their visa and post that to me. Until then I am adamant that in NO WAY they are visiting Saudi Arabia on an Umra visa.

Whether I am a guest room agent (I dont know what that means), a blacklisted agent ( I have stated that clearly), with or without ABTA, IATA or ATOL or sell Visas (you probably must have evidence of that) matters not at all to readers here as I am selling nothing to them.

There are no Mutamirs in Makkah at the moment who have UMRA visa issued during this Haj period excepting the local Saudis (who don't need visa) or mutamirs from GCC countries.

The likely exception are those who have tourist visa.

Now what is your particular problem seeing the tones of your comment is designed to offend.

now you better understand that the main concern is to Go Makkah , rather on any type of Visa , so you accepted that the people now at Makkah are on Tourist Visa, but the question were that " Need Information of Umrah "

so only write that yes u able to visit Makkah now on Tourist Visa, do not waste the time of Holy Passengers that Umrah Visa and then your details and your way of Marketing that you are Umrah Visa Sale Agent

and then the passengers contacts you through mails and send you passports by Courier and then you stamp for them Umrah Visa just for your some Pounds of Commission or Under the Table Money from any IATA Agent..................................... Very Bad you are earning from Ummah Forum

Whether I am a guest room agent (I dont know what that means), a blacklisted agent ( I have stated that clearly), with or without ABTA, IATA or ATOL or sell Visas (you probably must have evidence of that) matters not at all to readers here as I am selling nothing to them.

There are no Mutamirs in Makkah at the moment who have UMRA visa issued during this Haj period excepting the local Saudis (who don't need visa) or mutamirs from GCC countries.

The likely exception are those who have tourist visa.

Now what is your particular problem seeing the tones of your comment is designed to offend.

May Allah forgive you but I cannot.

You act like you "own" me and make demands of me. On what basis. Who are you anyway? What gives you the thought that you can dictate to me?

You have not provided an iota of evidence for all the allegation you have thrown at me. Consider youself a muslim do you? Think again.

You turn up on this forum and start throwing accusation willy nilly within days of joining. That shows you up for what you are.

Read my postings carefully again from the day I started posting and find out where I have used this forum for my personal gain. Also check my recent posting on this thread where I clearly said that the only method of entering Saudia for Umra is through tourist visa or are you so ignorant and full of ego for having missed that posting? That should take you a month. When you have thoroughly read them all return back to the forum and apologise un-equivocally if you fear Allah.

And you state:
    Quote "right now if you able to come and see 30 % Makkah and Madinah are Full with Umrah Passengers rather they are on any Visa but they are at Makkah , the main thing is to Come on Holy Land by any means".

Here is a cutting from Arab News dated 13 December 2009, printed in Saudi Arabia quoting Ministry of Haj as:

"JEDDAH: More than 570,000 Haj pilgrims on board 2,120 flights had left the Kingdom by Saturday through Jeddah’s King Abdul Aziz International Airport, said Mazen Khashoggi, director of the airport.

Close to 1.4 million pilgrims entered the Kingdom through King Abdul Aziz International Airport. Khashoggi said more pilgrims were yet to leave for their respective countries via the airport.

Taking the above figure, there are a million pilgrims still in Makkah and Madinah. Using your "30%" as mutamirs on Tourist Visa the figure is just under half million (420,000) there on tourist visa ?????

The tourist industry is in its embryonic stage. There are no licensed tour agents in UK yet.

The total "Mutamirs" from UK every year is 40,000. The total Mutamirs from the whole of America and UK combined is around 65,000.

Include South Africa and the figure may be around 100,000 every year. If for argument sake we take this figure of 100,000 are there on tourist visa from America/UK and South Africa that leaves 300,000 to be accounted for using your figure.

So where have the rest of the 300,000 tourist come from? Considering that the GCC nationals and the Saudis do not require visa to perform umra your own quoted figure is absolutely "wild" and a figment of your fancy imagination.

You sound very bitter. I suspect you have a personal axe to grind against me.

Disclose your true identity if you are anywhere near an iota of the truth that you have claimed and thrown the accusations at me. If not apologise un-reservedly.
    Last edited by Ismail Simjee; 14-12-09 at 11:41 AM.