Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Can't get my haircut??

Assalamu alaikum

was gonna get my haircut today but I cant get it until Eid has finished???

Just Another Abid

Icon7 Re: Can't get my haircut??

Quote Originally Posted by Fuaath View Post
    Assalamu alaikum

was gonna get my haircut today but I cant get it until Eid has finished???
    Why don't you cut your own hair?

Get a trimmer, and cut it sunnah.

Re: Can't get my haircut??

Well can I do that now??

Just Another Abid

Quote Originally Posted by Fuaath View Post
    Well can I do that now??
    Why not...? you can go to Argos and buy one for 19.49

why cant you cut your hair?

that rule only applies to those doing hajj,ryt?
    "Verily Allah does not look to your appearance or wealth, but he looks to your hearts and your deeds." [Sahih Muslim, Vol. 4, #6221]

Quote Originally Posted by Hijabistani View Post
    why cant you cut your hair?

that rule only applies to those doing hajj,ryt?
    I heard it applies to us aswell
    "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing."

Just Another Abid

Ok this thread is a bit cryptic....

Is there a rule that you can't cut your hair during Hajj season?

Ibn al-Yaman

From Islam QA,

Question: What must the Muslim avoid during these ten days if he wants to offer a sacrifice?

The Sunnah indicates that the one who wants to offer a sacrifice must stop cutting his hair and nails and removing anything from his skin, from the beginning of the ten days until after he has offered his sacrifice, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "When you see the new moon of Dhu’l-Hijjah, if any one of you wants to offer a sacrifice, then he should stop cutting his hair and nails until he has offered his sacrifice." According to another report he said: "He should not remove (literally, touch) anything from his hair or skin." (reported by Muslim with four isnaads, 13/146)

The Prophet’s instruction here makes one thing obligatory and his prohibition makes another haraam, according to the soundest opinion, because these commands and prohibitions are unconditional and unavoidable. However, if a person does any of these things deliberately, he must seek Allaah’s forgiveness but is not required to offer (an extra) sacrifice in expiation; his sacrifice will be acceptable. Whoever needs to remove some hair, nails, etc. because it is harming him, such as having a broken nail or a wound in a site where there is hair, should do so, and there is nothing wrong with that. The state of ihraam is so important that it is permitted to cut one’s hair if leaving it will cause harm. There is nothing wrong with men or women washing their heads during the first ten days of Dhu’l-Hijjah, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) only forbade cutting the hair, not washing it.

The wisdom behind this prohibition of the one who wants to offer a sacrifice from cutting his hair etc., is so that he may resemble those in ihraam in some aspects of the rituals performed, and so that he may draw closer to Allaah by offering the sacrifice. So he leaves his hair and nails alone until the time when he has offered his sacrifice, in the hope that Allaah will save him in his entirety from the Fire. And Allaah knows best.

If a person has cut his hair or nails during the first ten days of Dhu’l-Hijjah because he was not planning to offer a sacrifice, then he decides later, during the ten days, to offer a sacrifice, then he must refrain from cutting his hair and nails from the moment he makes this decision.

Some women may delegate their brothers or sons to make the sacrifice on their behalf, then cut their hair during these ten days. This is not correct, because the ruling applies to the one who is offering the sacrifice, whether or not he (or she) delegates someone else to carry out the actual deed. The prohibition does not apply to the person delegated, only to the person who is making the sacrifice, as is indicated in the hadeeth. The person who is sacrificing on behalf of someone else, for whatever reason, does not have to adhere to this prohibition.

This prohibition appears to apply only to the one who is offering the sacrifice, not to his wife and children, unless any of them is offering a sacrifice in his or her own right, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to sacrifice "on behalf of the family of Muhammad," but there are no reports that say he forbade them to cut their hair or nails at that time
    KNOW ALLAH KNOW PEACE
    NO ALLAH NO PEACE

Jazakallah for the answer MWarrior.. well I guess I can't cut it... its not gonna do me no harm so I'm just gnna leave it and cut it after Eid iA

Account Disabled

then you can't cut your nails also and for the women pluck hairs etc as well.

Should we walk around in the state of Ihram too

Asalaam o aaliakum,
    This is very interesting .A question though does it start from when DHUL HAJJAH starts in SAUDI ARABIA or it applies on the person only when new moon is sighted in your native country. Secondly say you are going to do umrah three days before hajj do you still shave your head or wait until HAJJ and EID.
    wasalaam.