Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

black magic - witchcraft

my fiance and i were recently engaged. There are many people in our social circle/family that are not happy with this for no valid reason; other than greed or envy.

Since our engagment (which was totally arranged by our parents and has their blessings) my fiance has been having major problems at work. Because of this tension, he has become really sick.

I believe that some people have have done black magic or bad nazar on him/us.

Is there a dua or sura that i can read to block he effects... or to keep him away from bad nazar?

these people have no valid reason to curse us. We have not done anything to them. This is just out of vain.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

thank you.

Sallaam

Let them do what they want, pray to Allah and let him decide what is going to happen to the people you think may or may have not done majic on you As for your fiancee having troubles at work, could the troubles not arise from organic origins i.e stress?

Allah Hafiz

ENam ("The term eirwoe" nam 22/09/03)
    Please Re-update your Signature

As br. nam said, the problems could be arising from stress. Allah tests us by putting us through some hardships and struggles to see if we remain steadfast.

I posted some info below about hasad ('the evil eye') for your reference. May Allah be with you.

~Ayah

Question:

What is the evil eye? I've seen this terminology been used so many time on this webpage. Can you please explain in detail?.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

These follow some information and fatwas that have to do with the evil eye. We ask Allaah to benefit readers thereby.

The scholars of the Standing Committee were asked:

What is the definition of the evil eye? Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And from the evil of the envier when he envies”

[al-Falaq 113:5]

Is the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saheeh in which it says that “One third of those who are in the grave are there because of the evil eye”? If a person thinks that someone is envying him, what should the Muslim do and say? If the person who put the evil eye on someone washes himself, will the water he used bring healing to his victim? And should he drink the water or wash himself with it?

They replied:

The Arabic word al-‘ayn (translated as the evil eye) refers to when a person harms another with his eye. It starts when the person likes a thing, then his evil feelings affect it, by means of his repeated looking at the object of his jealousy. Allaah commanded His Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to seek refuge with Him from the envier, as He said (interpretation of the meaning):

“And from the evil of the envier when he envies”

[al-Falaq 113:5]

Everyone who puts the evil eye on another is envious, but not every envier puts the evil eye on another. The word haasid (envier) is more general in meaning than the word ‘aa’in (one who puts the evil eye on another), so seeking refuge with Allaah from the one who envies includes seeking refuge with Him from the one who puts the evil eye on another. The evil eye is like an arrow which comes from the soul of the one who envies and the one who puts the evil eye on another towards the one who is envied and on whom the evil eye is put; sometimes it hits him and sometimes it misses. If the target is exposed and unprotected, it will affect him, but if the target is cautious and armed, the arrow will have no effect and may even come back on the one who launched it.

Adapted from Zaad al-Ma’aad.

There are ahaadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) which speak of the effects of the evil eye. For example it is narrated in al-Saheehayn that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to tell me to recite ruqyah for protection against the evil eye.

Muslim, Ahmad and al-Tirmidhi narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The evil eye is real and if anything were to overtake the divine decree, it would be the evil eye. When you are asked to take a bath (to provide a cure) from the influence of the evil eye, you should take a bath.” This was classed as saheeh by al-Tirmidhi, and also by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 1251.

Imam Ahmad and al-Tirmidhi (2059, where he classed it as saheeh) narrated that Asma’ bint ‘Umays said: “O Messenger of Allaah, the children of Ja’far have been afflicted by the evil eye, shall we recite ruqyah for them?” He said, “Yes, for if anything were to overtake the divine decree it would be the evil eye.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Abu Dawood narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The person who had put the evil eye on another would be ordered to do wudoo’, then the person who had been afflicted would wash himself (with that water). This was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

Imam Ahmad (15550), Maalik (1811), al-Nasaa’i and Ibn Hibbaan narrated from Sahl ibn Haneef that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came out and traveled with him towards Makkah, until they were in the mountain pass of al-Kharaar in al-Jahfah. There Sahl ibn Haneef did ghusl, and he was a handsome white-skinned man with beautiful skin. ‘Aamir ibn Rabee’ah, one of Banu ‘Adiyy ibn Ka’b looked at him whilst he was doing ghusl and said: “I have never seen such beautiful skin as this, not even the skin of a virgin,” and Sahl fell to the ground. They went to Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, can you do anything for Sahl, because by Allaah he cannot raise his head.” He said, “Do you accuse anyone with regard to him?” They said, “ ‘Aamir ibn Rabee’ah looked at him.” So the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) called ‘Aamir and rebuked him strongly. He said, “Why would one of you kill his brother? If you see something that you like, then pray for blessing for him.” Then he said to him, “Wash yourself for him.” So he washed his face, hands, forearms, knees and the sides of his feet, and inside his izaar (lower garment) in the vessel. Then that water was poured over him, and a man poured it over his head and back from behind. He did that to him, then Sahl got up and joined the people and there was nothing wrong with him.

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Mishkaat, 4562.

The majority of scholars are of the view that people can indeed be afflicted by the evil eye, because of the ahaadeeth quoted above and others, and because of the corroborating reports and other evidence.

With regard to the hadeeth that you mention, “One third of those who are in the grave are there because of the evil eye,” we do not know how sound it is, but the author of Nayl al-Awtaar said that al-Bazzaar narrated with a hasan isnaad from Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Most of those who die among my ummah die because of the will and decree of Allaah, and then because of the evil eye.”

The Muslim has to protect himself against the devils among the evil jinn and mankind, by having strong faith in Allaah and by putting his trust in Him and seeking refuge with Him and beseeching Him, reciting the prayers for protection narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), reciting al-Mi’wadhatayn [the last two soorahs of the Qur’aan], Soorat al-Ikhlaas, Soorat al-Faatihah, and Aayat al-Kursi.

Du’aa’s for protection include the following:

A’oodhu bi kalimaat-illaah il-taammati min sharri ma khalaqa (I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allaah from the evil of that which He has created).

A’oodhu bi kalimaat-illaah il-taammati min ghadabihi wa ‘iqaabihi, wa min sharri ‘ibaadihi wa min hamazaat al-shayaateeni wa an yahduroon (I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allaah from His wrath and punishment, from the evil of His slaves and from the evil promptings of the devils and from their presence).

And one may recite the words of Allaah:

“Hasbi Allaahu laa ilaaha illa huwa, ‘alayhi tawakkaltu wa huwa Rabb ul-‘arsh il-‘azeem

(Allaah is sufficient for me. Laa ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He) in Him I put my trust and He is the Lord of the Mighty Throne)”
    [al-Tawbah 9:129 – interpretation of the meaning]

And there are other similar du’aa’s that are prescribed in sharee’ah. This is what was meant by Ibn al-Qayyim in the words quoted at the beginning of this answer.

If it is known or suspected that a person has been afflicted by the evil eye, then the one who put the evil eye on him should be ordered to wash himself for his brother. So a vessel of water should be brought, and he should put his hand in it, rinse out his mouth into the vessel. Then he should wash his face in the vessel, then put his left hand into the vessel and wash his right knee, then put his right hand in the vessel and wash his left knee. Then he should wash inside his garment. Then the water should be poured over the head of the one on whom he put the evil eye, pouring it from behind in one go. Then he will be healed, by Allaah’s leave.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Ifta, 1/186

Shaykh Muhammad al-Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen was asked:

Can the evil eye afflict a person? How is it treated? Does being on one's guard against it contradict putting one's trust in Allaah?

He replied:

Our opinion concerning the evil eye is that it is real and is proven both by Islamic teachings and by real life experiences. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And verily, those who disbelieve would almost make you slip with their eyes (through hatred)”

[al-Qalam 68:51]

Ibn ‘Abbaas and others said, commenting on this verse: this means, they put the evil eye on you with their glances. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The evil eye is real and if anything were to overtake the divine decree, it would be the evil eye. When you are asked to take a bath (to provide a cure) from the influence of the evil eye, you should take a bath.” Narrated by Muslim. Al-Nasaa’i and Ibn Maajah narrated that ‘Aamir ibn Rabee’ah passed by Sahl ibn Haneef when he was bathing… and he quoted the hadeeth.

Reality confirms that and it cannot be denied.

In the event that you are afflicted by the evil eye, you should use the treatments recommended in sharee’ah, which are:

1 – Reciting ruqyah. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “There is no ruqyah except in the case of the evil eye or fever.” al-Tirmidhi, 2057; Abu Dawood, 3884. Jibreel used to do ruqyah for the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and say, “Bismillaahi arqeeka min kulli shay’in yu’dheeka, min sharri kulli nafsin aw ‘aynin haasid Allaahu yashfeek, bismillaahi arqeek (In the name of Allaah I perform ruqyah for you, from everything that is harming you, from the evil of every soul or envious eye may Allaah heal you, in the name of Allaah I perform ruqyah for you).”

2 – Asking the person who has put the evil eye on another to wash, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded ‘Aamir ibn Rabee’ah to do in the hadeeth quoted above. Then the water should be poured over the one who has been afflicted.

With regard to taking his waste, such as his urine and stools, there is no basis for doing so; the same applies to taking any of his belongings. Rather what is narrated is that which is mentioned above, washing his limbs and washing inside his garment, or likewise washing inside his headgear and garments. And Allaah knows best.

There is nothing wrong with taking precautions against the evil eye before it happens, and this does not contradict the idea of tawakkul (putting one's trust in Allaah). In fact this is tawakkul, because tawakkul means putting one’s trust in Allaah whilst also implementing the means that have been permitted or enjoined. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to seek refuge for al-Hasan and al-Husayn and say: U’eedhukuma bi kalimaat Allaah al-taammati min kulli shaytaanin wa haammah wa min kulli ‘aynin laammah (I seek refuge for you both in the perfect words of Allaah, from every devil and every poisonous reptile, and from every evil eye).’” Al-Tirmidhi, 2060; Abu Dawood, 4737. And he would say, “Thus Ibraaheem used to seek refuge with Allaah for Ishaaq and Ismaa’eel, peace be upon them both.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3371.

Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 2/117, 118

See also the answers to questions no. 7190 and 11359.

And Allaah knows best.

do ruqya from quran and sahih hadith

Try this du'a of Hazrat Dawood
    "Protect me, LORD God! I run to you for safety, and I have said, "Only you are my Lord! Every good thing I have is a gift from you."
    Your people are wonderful, and they make me happy, but worshipers of other gods will have much sorrow. I refuse to offer sacrifices of blood to those gods or worship in their name.
    You, LORD, are all I want! You are my choice, and you keep me safe. You make my life pleasant, and my future is bright.
    I praise you, LORD, for being my guide. Even in the darkest night, your teachings fill my mind.
    I will always look to you, as you stand beside me and protect me from fear.
    With all my heart, I will celebrate, and I can safely rest.
    I am your chosen one. You won’t leave me in the grave or let my body decay.
    You have shown me the path to life, and you make me glad by being near to me. Sitting at your right side, I will always be joyful."
    (Zabbur 16)

I would urge all readers of this post to make du'a for korisn's fiance at their earliest opportunity.

May Almighty Allah give blessing and healing to Korisn's fiance. Ameen.

Ameen

Peace
    3:103 And hold fast, all together, unto the bond with God, and do not draw apart from one another. And remember the blessings which God has bestowed upon you: how, when you were enemies, He brought your hearts together, so that through His blessing you became brethren; and [how, when] you were on the brink of a fiery abyss. He saved you from it. In this way God makes clear His messages unto you, so that you might find guidance.

Odan
    ameen ameen ameen

AMEEN
    SUMMA AMEEN

I HOPE YOUR FIANCE GETS WELL SOON.. INSHALLAH.

I WILL BE GETTING ENGAGED SOON AND I KNOW THAT SOMERELATIVES AND FRIENDS DON'T LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT..I REALLY DO HOPE THAT THIS BLACK MAGIC ETC GETS A END SOON.

INSHALLAH YOU WILL BE FINE AND PRAY ALLAH, ASK FRO FORGIVENESS AND BE THANKFUL THAT YOU HAVE FOUND THE RIGHT PERSON..
    PRAY AND ALWAYS REMEMBER ALLAH... KEEP ALLAH HAPPY AND WITHOUT DOUBT ALLAH TAALAAH WILL KEEP U AND UR FIANCE HAPPY.

MASHALLAH..

black magic

Has anyone personally been afflicted with black magic and can specify what happened to them as a result of this infliction?

Black magic ? Thats just rubbish, it doesnt exist at all, its only something made up to scare people, mysterious things attract attention as you all know.

Tho there are some sorcerers who actually do have some sort of powers, that normal people dont have, theyre power lyis in belief that they have power, as in the case of "healers" that can heal ilnesses by just holding their hand over you and such, its all due to the fact that the person healed believes that he will get better and because that he does so, he does get better, nothing to do with the healer, its all in your mind and its ability to heal you.

The sorcerers who make potions and things like that, they just know some herbs and how they affect and they are really nothing more then doctors who use medicine they make.

Some who actually have some sort of special powers, like can influence others and cause them trouble, are truly unique and rare and should be feared, for they can actually cause some harm.

In truth there are alot of people with some sort of powers, but most people just dont know they have any and basicly live theyre lives without even knowing what they could do.
    Only a very small amount ever discovers them and starts to train/use them them.

But enough of this talk of magic and superstition.

There's been some posts on this topic... you can search for 'em if you're interested

Odan
    No one can use magic, black or otherwise. There are no people who have supernatural powers. There are huge sums of money out their if people can prove if they have supranational powers, and so far no one has collected that money.

The only magic out there is slight-of-hand and stage tricks.

However, if a person is totally convinced magic is real, and that person totally believes that someone caste a "magic spell" on them, they will make that spell come true one way or another. I.e. blame anything that happens on the "magic spell", and/or just become a nervous wreak because they are constantly worried about the "spell" on them, and perhaps even cause their own nervous breakdown. This is not because of the spell, but the person's own actions. Kind of like a placebo affect. Give some people a sugar pill and tell them it is medication, and some people will fell better.

magic is true since a jew was able to do magic on prophet SAW

agree with dour,

Where would the power of Black Magic come from?

What would be it's source?

r u all denying the fact that prophet SAW had magic done on him?

Odan
    Originally posted by rania
    r u all denying the fact that prophet SAW had magic done on him?
    Yes I am denying the existence of magic, but with a sort of a yes a person's own blief in magic might have an affect. What I am saying that there is no such thing as magic, nor any supernatural powers that people think they might have and all “magic” is either slight-of-hand and/or stage tricks. However, a person’s strong belief in magic could cause a placebo affect if the person truly thought he was under an "evil spell".

Odan
    Another way people think magic is true is finding ways to make it true…

An example of this would be is that saying that I did some black magic and placed an evil curse on my wife, and this is why my wife is now sick.

However, this ignores the fact that she would have gotten sick anyways even if I did not do the black magic spell because she volunteers in a building with many of the children suffering from colds and flue and she just happened to catch the bug just like many other people who came in contact with these children. So in affect people who believe in magic will find ways to make magic come true.

http://www.sunnahonline.com/ilm/quran/0011.htm

Tafseer of Soorah Falaq (113)
    Imaam ibn Katheer rahimahullaah

Transl. by Habib Badr

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surat al-Falaq [113] (The Daybreak)

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

1. Say: "I seek refuge with the Lord of the daybreak,

1) Jabir says that Falaq means morning. The Qur'an itself says (Cleaver of the daybreak) (6:96). Ibn 'Abbas says that Falaq means creation. Ka'b Al-Ahbar says that Falaq is a place in the Hell. When its gate is opened all the inmates of Hell cry out because of the intensity of its heat. Ibn Jarir and Imam Bukhari say that it means morning and this view seems reasonable. Allah directs believers to seek refuge in the Lord of the Falaq.

2. "From the evil of what He has created,

(2) And to seek refuge from the evil of what He created. His creation includes Hell, Iblis (Satan) and his offspring.

3. "And from the evil of the darkening as it comes with its darkness,

(3) One should seek refuge from the evil of nightfall. According to Ibn Zaid the Arabs called the setting of the star Pleiad as Ghasiq and believed that after its setting and at its rising, disease increases and spreads. Some commentators say that the word Ghasiq means moon. They base their argument on a Hadith that the Prophet a once held the hand of 'Aishah and pointing to the moon, said, "Seek refuge from the evil of this Ghasiq." (Imam Ahmad). However, the rising of the moon and the appearance of the stars are things that happen at night.

4. "And from the evil of those who practise witchcraft when they blow in the knots,

5. "And from the evil of the envier when he envies."

(4-5) ...'witchcrafts when they blow in the knots' refers to sorceresses. Mujahid says that such incantations are nearest to polytheism as are made to blow on a snake bite or magic stricken man. A Hadith says that Gabriel came to the Prophet and said, "O Muhammad! Are you sick?" When the Prophet said yes, he said, invoke the Name of Allah against every disease that pains you, against the evil of every envier and against any evil eye. May Allah heal you." The disease referred to in this Hadith was probably a magic spell. Allah healed His Messenger and repelled that magic.

Ahmad bin Hanbal reported that a Jew bewitched the Prophet and then he remained under its spell for several days. Then Gabriel came to him and informed him that such and such Jew had enchanted him and has hidden a knoted rope in such and such well. He asked him to send somebody to get it. The Prophet sent someone to bring them back, untied them, and the spell was broken. The Prophet never mentioned it to that Jew nor showed him any anger.

Bukhari reported a Hadith from 'Aishah. She narrated that when the Prophet was bewitched under a magic spell, he thought that he came to his wives while he had not done so. Once he said to me. "I asked my Lord and He showed me. Two persons came and one sat near my head and the other near my legs. The man sitting near my head asked the other, 'What has happened to this man.' He said, 'He is under the a spell.' He asked, 'Who bewitched him?' He answered, 'Labid bin A'sim from the Bani Zuraiq tribe. They are allies of the Jews.' The man asked, 'What has charmed? The other answered, 'The comb and the hair.' He asked, 'Where are those things?' 'In the well of Dharwan, under a rock."' The Prophet sent 'Ali to the well and had the things dug out. I (Aishah) suggested that the magician should be punished. The Prophet a said, "Praise is for Allah. He healed me. Now I do not like to incite people for me."

The below I pasted from an early post of mine a few months back. And as always, Allah knows best.

Taken from Islamicity.com Q & A search and hadith search:

Question#:
    Question Date:
    1/1/1995
    Topic :
    Charms and the black magic
    Question:
    Would you please let me know what view Islam takes of wearing charms? Many people believe in the bad effects of black magic and feel that a charm will enable them to get rid of its effects. How correct is that?
    Answer:
    Black magic exists and it is mentioned in the Qur'an. But it is also mentioned that magicians can only make things seem to happen. There is no real substance to their work. In the encounter related in Qur'an between Moses and the magicians whom Pharaoh recruited to try to defeat Moses, those magicians were able to show that their staffs and ropes were turned into snakes. Allah states in the Qur'an, however: They were made to seem to him by the power of magic as if they were moving. The way this statement is phrased is a clear indication of the fact that a magician can only play on the imagination of people. There is no real substance to his work. When Moses threw his staff, Allah turned it into a real snake which swallowed their ropes and staffs. When they realized that the snake was real, they prostrated themselves, declaring that they believed in Allah who had given Moses that power. People are affected by what they imagine. It is quite possible for a person to think that he is ill and he will soon become ill. Hence, believing in magic can lead to certain real effects. To practice black magic is categorically forbidden. Indeed, it is tantamount to rejecting Islam altogether. To try to learn black magic is also forbidden. To wear a charm in order to protect oneself against black magic is not allowed in Islam. The Prophet prays that no one who wears a charm may enjoy the effect for which he has worn it. We know that the Prophet's prayers are always answered. Hence, if we want to protect ourselves against something, we should not wear a charm, because to wear will bring the opposite effect. This applies to all sorts of charms, be they in the form of natural precious stones or specifically made by certain people. Nothing of this is permissible. If one wants to protect oneself and foil the attempts of anyone who resorts to black magic against him, he should read the Qur'an, particularly the last two Surahs. This is the Prophet's guidance and we should abide by his guidance.
    Source:
    Arab News

Narrated 'Aisha

that Allah's Apostle was affected by magic, so much that he used to think that he had done something which in fact, he did not do, and he invoked his Lord (for a remedy). Then (one day) he said, "O 'Aisha!) Do you know that Allah has advised me as to the problem I consulted Him about?" 'Aisha said, "O Allah's Apostle! What's that?" He said, "Two men came to me and one of them sat at my head and the other at myfeet, and one of them asked his companion, 'What is wrong with this man?' The latter replied, 'He is under the effect of magic.' The former asked, 'Who has worked magic on him?' The latter replied, 'Labid bin Al-A'sam.' The former asked, 'With what did he work the magic?' The latter replied, 'With a comb and the hair, which are stuckto the comb, and the skin of pollen of a date-palm tree.' The former asked, 'Where is that?' The latter replied, 'It is in Dharwan.' Dharwan was a well in the dwelling place of the (tribe of) Bani Zuraiq. Allah's Apostle went to that well and returned to 'Aisha, saying, 'By Allah, the water (of the well) was as red as the infusion of Hinna, (1) and the date-palm trees look like the heads of devils.' 'Aisha added, Allah's Apostle came to me and informed me about the well. I asked the Prophet, 'O Allah's Apostle, why didn't you take outthe skin of pollen?' He said, 'As for me, Allah has cured me and I hated to draw the attention of the people to such evil (which they might learn and harm others with).' "

Narrated Hisham's father: 'Aisha said, "Allah's Apostle was bewitched,so he invoked Allah repeatedly requesting Him to cure him from that magic)." Hisham then narrated the above narration. (See Hadith No. 658, Vol. 7)

Narrated Sad

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "Whoever takes seven 'Ajwa dates in the morning will not be effected by magic or poison on that day."

007.071.664 - Medicine - - - -

Narrated Saud

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "If Somebody takes seven 'Ajwa dates in the morning, neither magic nor poison will hurt him that day."

007.071.663 - Medicine - - - -

Narrated Saud

The Prophet said, "If somebody takes some 'Ajwa dates every morning, he will not be effected by poison or magic on that day till night." (Another narrator said seven dates).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Taken from www.islam-qa.com:
    Question:

How sound is the hadeeth which I heard, that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Learn witchcraft (sihr), but do not use it”?.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

This hadeeth is false and has no basis. It is not permissible to learn witchcraft or to use it. It is an evil action and is kufr and misguidance. Allaah clearly stated that witchcraft is forbidden in His Book, where He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“They followed what the Shayaateen (devils) gave out (falsely of the magic) in the lifetime of Sulaymaan (Solomon). Sulaymaan did not disbelieve, but the Shayaateen (devils) disbelieved, teaching men magic and such things that came down at Babylon to the two angels, Haaroot and Maaroot, but neither of these two (angels) taught anyone (such things) till they had said, ‘We are for trial, so disbelieve not (by learning this magic from us).’ And from these (angels) people learn that by which they cause separation between man and his wife, but they could not thus harm anyone except by Allaah’s Leave. And they learn that which harms them and profits them not. And indeed they knew that the buyers of it (magic) would have no share in the Hereafter. And how bad indeed was that for which they sold their ownselves, if they but knew.

And if they had believed and guarded themselves from evil and kept their duty to Allaah, far better would have been the reward from their Lord, if they but knew!”

[al-Baqarah 2:102-103]

In these verses, Allaah clearly states that witchcraft is kufr and that it is from the teachings of the devils. Allaah has condemned them for that, and they are our enemies. And He has stated that teaching witchcraft is kufr and that it is harmful and not beneficial, so we must beware of it.

Learning witchcraft is all kufr, hence He stated that the two angels did not teach it to people until they had told them, “We are for trial, so disbelieve not (by learning this magic from us).” Then He says, “but they could not thus harm anyone except by Allaah’s Leave” so it is known that it is kufr and misguidance, and that the practitioners of witchcraft cannot harm anyone except by Allaah’s Leave. What is meant is His universal qadari will (i.e., things that He decrees should happen even though He may dislike them), not His religious shar’i will (i.e., that which He prescribes and which pleases Him) – because Allaah has not prescribed this and has not given permission for it in His sharee’ah; rather He has forbidden it and stated that it is kufr and is from the teachings of the devils. And He has stated that whoever buys it – i.e., learns it – will have no share in the Hereafter. This is a serious warning. Then Allaah says: “And how bad indeed was that for which they sold their ownselves, if they but knew” – what is meant is that they have sold themselves to the devils for this witchcraft. Then Allaah says, “And if they had believed and guarded themselves from evil and kept their duty to Allaah, far better would have been the reward from their Lord, if they but knew!” – this indicates that learning witchcraft and using it is the opposite of faith and piety. There is no power and no strength except with Allaah.

Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi’ah li’l-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 6/371 (www.islam-qa.com)

Question:

Is there anything such as witch doctors? What should we do if someone says "I don't believe in magic" because "this is just an illusion"?.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Sihr (witchcraft or magic) is a word referring to something hidden. It is real and there are kinds of witchcraft that may affect people psychologically and physically, so that they become sick and die, or husbands and wives are separated. Its effects happen by the will of Allaah. It is a devilish action, most of which is only achieved by means of shirk and drawing close to the jinn and shayaateen (devils) by means of that which they love, and it is based on associating others with Allaah (shirk).

There are doctors who are also practitioners of witchcraft, who treat people by means of seeking the help of the jinn. They claim to have knowledge of the sickness with no need to identify it, and they prescribe for the patient foods and drinks that bring him closer to his allies among the devils. He may tell them to slaughter a pig whilst saying “Bismillaah” over it, or to slaughter a permissible animal without saying “Bismillaah”, or when saying the name of one of the devils.

This is kufr or disbelief in Allaah, and it is not permissible under any circumstances to go to people like these. The hadd punishment for these people is execution. It has been proven from three of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) that the practitioners of witchcraft are to be put to death.

The Standing Committee was asked a question about this matter, in which it was said:

Please note that in Zambia there is a Muslim man who claims that he has with him a jinn, and the people come to him and ask him to treat their sicknesses, and this jinn states what their treatment should be. Is that permissible?

They replied:

It is not permissible for that man to use the jinn, and it is not permissible for the people to go to him seeking treatment for sickness through his using the jinn, or to meet any other need by this means.

Seeking treatment through human medical doctors and using permissible medicines is sufficient and means that there is no need for that, and it keeps people safe from the sorcery of the magicians.

It was narrated in a saheeh report that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever goes to a fortune-teller and asks him about something, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days.” Narrated by Muslim.

And it was narrated by the authors of al-Sunan and by al-Haakim, who classed it as saheeh, that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever goes to a soothsayer and believes what he says has disbelieved in that which was revealed to Muhammad.”

This man and his companions from among the jinn are regarded as being among the fortune-tellers and soothsayers, so it is not permissible to ask them anything or to believe them.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 1/408, 409

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz said:

Given that there are so many charlatans lately, who claim to be doctors and to treat people by means of magic and witchcraft, and they have become widespread in some countries and they exploit the naïveté of the ignorant, I thought that in the spirit of sincerity towards Allaah and His slaves, that I should explain the grave danger that this poses to Islam and the Muslims, because it involves dependence on something other than Allaah and going against His command and the command of His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), so I say, seeking the help of Allaah:

It is permissible to seek treatment according to scholarly consensus. The Muslim may go to a doctor to seek treatment for internal diseases, injuries, nervous complaints, etc, so that he can identify the disease and treat it in an appropriate manner, using medicines that are permissible according to sharee’ah, based on his knowledge of medicine, because this comes under the heading of using the ordinary means, and it is not contrary to the idea of putting one's trust in Allaah. Allaah has sent down the disease but He has also sent down with it the cure; those who know it know it and those who do not do not. But Allaah has not created the healing for His slaves in that which He has forbidden to them, so it is not permissible for the sick person to go to a soothsayer who claims to know the unseen, in order to find out from them what is wrong with him. And it is not permissible for him to believe what they tell him, because they speak of the unseen without knowledge, or they summon the jinn and seek their help in doing what they want. The ruling on these people is that they are kaafirs and misguided, because they claim to have knowledge of the unseen. Muslim narrated in his Saheeh that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever goes to a fortune-teller and asks him about something, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days.” And it was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever goes to a soothsayer and believes what he says has disbelieved in that which was revealed to Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).” Narrated by Abu Dawood and by the four authors of al-Sunan; classed as saheeh by al-Haakim who narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever goes to a fortune-teller or soothsayer and believes what he says has disbelieved in that which was revealed to Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).” And it was narrated that ‘Imraan ibn Husayn (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “He does not belong to us who observes bird omens or has that done for him, or who seeks divination or who has that done for him, or who practices witchcraft or has that done for him. Whoever goes to a soothsayer and believes what he says has disbelieved in that which was revealed to Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).” Narrated by al-Bazzaar with a jayyid isnaad.

These ahaadeeth demonstrate that it is forbidden to go to soothsayers, fortune-tellers, witches and the like, and ask them questions and believe them, and a warning is issued to those who do that. Community leaders and those in positions of power and authority must forbid going to fortune-tellers, soothsayers and the like, and not allow anyone who deals in such things to operate in the marketplaces or elsewhere. They should denounce them emphatically, and denounce those who go to them. We should not be deceived by the fact that they may get things right sometimes, or by the fact that many people go to them, because they are ignorant and the people should not be deceived by them. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade going to them, asking them questions and believing them, because that is a great evil, a serious danger and leads to bad consequences, and because they are immoral liars. These ahaadeeth also indicate that soothsayers and witches are also kaafirs, because they claim to have knowledge of the unseen, which is kufr, and because they only reach their goals by serving the jinn and worshipping them instead of Allaah, which is kufr or disbelief in Him and associating others with Him (shirk). The one who believes them and their claims to have knowledge of the unseen is like them. Everyone who goes to these people and deals with them, is disowned by the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). It is not permissible for the Muslim to accept what they claim is a kind of treatment, such as their muttering mumbo-jumbo or pouring lead and other kinds of nonsense that they do. This is a kind of sorcery and deception of the people. Whoever accepts that is helping them in their falsehood and kufr.

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 3/274-281.

Secondly:

With regard to witchcraft (sihr), it is real and is not an illusion, and it may have an effect by Allaah’s leave.

Al-Quraafi said: Sihr is real, and the person against whom it is done may die, or his nature or habits may be changed, even if he does not deal with it himself. This was the view of al-Shaafa’i and Ibn Hanbal…

Al-Furooq, 4/149.

The Mu’tazalis, Qadaris and some of the scholars held a different view, but no attention should be paid to that. Al-Quraafi and others mentioned that the Sahaabah were unanimously agreed that it is real before there appeared those who denied that.

The evidence of Ahl al-Sunnah concerning that is as follows:

1. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“but the Shayaateen (devils) disbelieved, teaching men magic and such things that came down at Babylon to the two angels, Haaroot and Maaroot, but neither of these two (angels) taught anyone (such things) till they had said, “We are for trial, so disbelieve not (by learning this magic from us).” And from these (angels) people learn that by which they cause separation between man and his wife, but they could not thus harm anyone except by Allaah’s Leave. And they learn that which harms them and profits them not”

[al-Baqarah 2:102]

This verse clearly indicates what we are trying to say, which is that sihr (witchcraft) is real, and that the practitioner of witchcraft may create a division between a man and his wife thereby, and that he may harm people by means of his witchcraft, but he cannot do any harm except by Allaah’s leave.

2. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And from the evil of those who practise witchcraft when they blow in the knots”
    [al-Falaq 113:4]

“those who practise witchcraft when they blow in the knots” refers to female witches whose witchcraft involved tying knots then blowing into them. If witchcraft were not something real, Allaah would not have commanded us to seek refuge from it.

3. Further evidence is provided by the fact that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was bewitched by the Jew Labeed ibn al-A’sam. This is a saheeh hadeeth that was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

Ibn al-Qayyim said: The witchcraft which can cause sickness, lethargy, mental sickness, love, hatred and delusions is something that does exist and is known by the masses. Many people know it from experience.

Al-Tafseer al-Qayyim, p. 571

Thirdly:

There are many kinds of witchcraft, including illusions and deceiving the eyes. But not all sihr is like that. Some of the scholars listed different kinds of witchcraft, and counted eight kinds, the most well known of which are:

1. Knots and incantations

i.e., reciting words and mumbo-jumbo by means of which the witch is able to use the devils to do what he wants of harming the person being bewitched. But Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“… but they could not thus harm anyone except by Allaah’s Leave”

[al-Baqarah 2:102]

2. Sleight of hand.

They become skilled in this by means of practice and training to do things quickly, and bring out something hidden.

For example, the magician may bring a dove and strange it in front of the audience, then he hits it with his hand and it gets up and flies.

But in fact there was a kind of anaesthetic in his hand and he made it smell it and made the audience think that he had strangled it and killed it, then when he hits it, he wakes it up from that stupor.

3. Bewitching the eyes.

This is very common among the liars; the magician does not really put a sword in his body, rather he bewitches the eyes of the audience, and puts the sword by his side, but the bewitched people think that he puts it through his middle.

These tricksters have become well known among us, because among the audience there are those who protected themselves with Qur’aan and dhikr, and remembered Allaah a great deal whilst sitting in the gathering watching the magician, so they saw what really happened, unlike what those who were bewitched saw.

4. Using chemicals

This is done well by those who know how substances react with one another, thus producing a substance that is not affected by some other substances, such as the Sufi Rifaa’iyyah who make people think that they are not affected by fire, when in fact they coat themselves with some fireproof substances. Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) challenged them to wash with hot water before entering the fire and they refused because this would have exposed their deceit.

And there are many other things that the practitioners of witchcraft do, which could not happen unless Allaah decreed it.

See Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 1/146; Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 2/178; al-Sihr by Shaykh ‘Umar al-Ashqar.

And Allaah knows best.

beware of the evil eye, because the evil eye is real
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

its funny that the deniers of black magic can accept evolution

the prophet said beware of the evil eye, because the evil eye is real

also, when i see muslims deny black magic (why does it have to be black???) it amazes me, because we all recite suratul falaq and suratun naas

maybe we recite it and dont know what we are reciting

Originally posted by dour
    No one can use magic, black or otherwise. There are no people who have supernatural powers. There are huge sums of money out their if people can prove if they have supranational powers, and so far no one has collected that money.

The only magic out there is slight-of-hand and stage tricks.

However, if a person is totally convinced magic is real, and that person totally believes that someone caste a "magic spell" on them, they will make that spell come true one way or another. I.e. blame anything that happens on the "magic spell", and/or just become a nervous wreak because they are constantly worried about the "spell" on them, and perhaps even cause their own nervous breakdown. This is not because of the spell, but the person's own actions. Kind of like a placebo affect. Give some people a sugar pill and tell them it is medication, and some people will fell better.
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Originally posted by AbuMubarak
    its funny that the deniers of black magic can accept evolution

the prophet said beware of the evil eye, because the evil eye is real

also, when i see muslims deny black magic (why does it have to be black???) it amazes me, because we all recite suratul falaq and suratun naas

maybe we recite it and dont know what we are reciting

Actually, AM, I do not deny such a thing. Nor do I deny the existance of Jinn which is behind these things.

People who deny the existance of Jinn are denying the physical evidence accumalating for their existance. Sadly, however, the work is only undertaken by very, very few open-minded people, and their work is ignored or sneered at by the not-so-open-minded scientific establishment.

khalid2277
    Guests

i have the sure cure

assalamalikum. i have the cure from Quran and Hadees. mail me on khalid2277@rediffmail.com
    these type of things should not be askd on the net but from an islamin scholar or aalim

--yours,
    Khalid

I recently met a Shaykh who said that 99% of the time, what we think is black magic, jinn etc is not so. That leaves a very small percentage of true occurences.

Often we are experiencing tribulations are often a result of a flaw in our relationship to Allah. As we all knows tests, hardships often draw one closer to the Divine, inshAllah.

Odan
    as salam alykom
    I think I made a reply to a similar thread on the Muslim forum, but since replies are still coming to this thread.
    well, unfortunately part of the problem stems from scholars ignoring the matter and spreading the word that only 1% is true.
    with all my due respect to all of them, but witchcraft is a serious propblem having multifacted consequences.
    However, the solution is also very easy:
    1. Play or recite Surat Baqarah and Al Imaran (2& 3) in the house every other day, the Messeger (PAPBUH) said: Shaytan can not enter a house where Baqarah is recited for 3 days.

2. Eat dates (one is enough) before breakfast: The Messenger (PAPBUH) said: One who eats dates in the morning shall not be harmed by poison or magic.

3. Recite Ayatul korsi a lot with the intention of protecting yourslef, your family members, your finacee and all muslims from shaytan and his slodiers.

4. Rectie fatiha a lot, I mean countless times, with the intention of removing the magic.

5. Recite the 3 Qols a lot: Allah when the Messenger of Allah (PAPBUH) became victim of a magic spell revealed Suratul Falaqa and annas for this purpose. But u need to recite them a lot.

N.B may be I can explain something here, and dont get bored with this post, pls all read it, it is a knowledge I have and I must tell others so Allah shall teach me what I dont know.
    Now magice is simply a sorcier seeks assistance of shaytan, makes knots and blows in them, in order to have the shaytans attack the victim. Of course shaytan originally seeks any chance to make the life of man kind miserable. So the objective of the magice might be for exmple to prevent the victim from marriage. Yet shaytans add to disturbing his / her whole life, including trouble with family members, freinds go away, business trouble, or even problems with employer's, unknown symptoms of illnesses, the list is so long, trouble with sleeping, tight chest, and so forth.
    Usually people are victims of more than one magice spell, that is why we say read a lot, countless times.

6. Make Salatul Haja (asking Allah to fulfill your needs) and ask Him to lift the magic spell, do this a lot.

7. Use dua like: Hasbunallah wa ne`aml wakeel, la hawla wala qowata ila billah, ufawedu amree ila Allah. U may also use:
    Besmellah tobtal asharai: Besmellah my magic spells become annulled. Insh a Allah in no time, u will see much difference. U will not need more than this. U will not need to recite quran on water and drink or wash ( the messenger PAPBUH) did not do this. Just follow the steps Insh a Allah

May Allah benefit us with what He taught us and teach us what is of benefit.

Originally posted by Egyptianmuslima
    as salam alykom
    I think I made a reply to a similar thread on the Muslim forum, but since replies are still coming to this thread.
    well, unfortunately part of the problem stems from scholars ignoring the matter and spreading the word that only 1% is true.
    with all my due respect to all of them, but witchcraft is a serious propblem having multifacted consequences.
    Walaykum Asalam,

I agree that withcraft is a serious problem, how ever, far more worse of a problem is the false assumption that the reason for all one's woes is witchcraft.

As muslims we should expect trails and tribulations in everyday life instead of 'passing the buck' by assuming it is witchcraft which inevitably means that someone else is responsible for our misery.

Infact, the 1% is actually quite high considering the number of brothers and sisters within the ummah. And even more so considering the numbers of people walking the earth.

With respect to the rest of the advice you gave, jazakhAllah khair

Odan
    as salam alykom
    I agree with u sis, and it is just a confirmation of the Ayah" And whatever of misfortune befalls you, it is because of what your hands have earned. And He pardons much." (Quran 42:30)

however, what I simply meant, is that scholars tend to ignore the fact totally, thus leaving people to seek inappropriate solutions. Witchcraft itself is one of the trials sis. So all what I wanted to do is just try helping by giving the simple appropriate steps Insh aAllah

USUALLY WE THINK WE ARE EFFECTED BY WITCHCRAFT BUT IN REALITY WE ARE NOT

Indeed, magic is powerful, esp if wielded by one chosen for it, but most should stay away from it, because it brings with it very grave consequences.
    So beware of delwing into the forbidden art.

Odan
    Originally posted by Kohr-Ah
    Indeed, magic is powerful, esp if wielded by one chosen for it, but most should stay away from it, because it brings with it very grave consequences.
    So beware of delwing into the forbidden art.
    magic is simply seeking help of shaytan so if this is powerful, then how about seeking help of Allah to annul the magic or fulfill whatever one sought magic for.

we should not say stay away because of grave consequences but rather because seeing it for any purpose, I repeat any purpose is shirk

Black & White Magic

Salaams bros & sis,

Black magic means bad or evil magic, because black people are bad or evil. While, white magic means good or kind magic, because white people are good or kind. Who would believe these statements? Those Neo Nazi followers?
    There is no such thing as black or white magic as described by those racists. All the magicians do is to create illusions, using their skillful hands and well-prepared tools.

On the other hand, there is sahr (/seheer/) sorcery which is done by the help of jinns (satans). We know that there are few traditional "ulamas" who perform sahr sorcery for medical purposes. But, we also know that most patients believe that they were tricked by these jinns. These jinns did not actually cure the disease, but instead creating another problem, i.e. most female patients were raped and impregnated by jinns. The pregnancy usually lasts only a couple of weeks but created a terrible bleeding at the end due to the incompatibility of human wombs to jinn babies.

Therefore, never commit to any sahr sorcery for help because satans will only trick you away from the right path. Always ask help from Allah SWT directly, not through these shame "ulamas". Try to please Allah SWT by reducing your small sins, stand for night prayers and perform fasting regularly. Insha Allah your wish will be heard and fulfilled very soon. He is indeed the most merciful and the most beneficient.

Allah hafiz.

fsk374

Jinn Possession

Assalamualikum, I am new to this forum however I have gathered some interesting information.

We know of Jinns that exist, and we also know of black magic which is implemented using Jinns. However what if a person is possessed by a Jinn, and inflicts pain, swearing and torture. Its an evil Jinn that speaks many different languages, swears and curses alot.

The person concerned cannot recite Quran as they are possessed, so family members recite, but the Jinn increases the pain unto its victim making it difficult for anyone to continue. Is there such a thing as exorcism in islam? I wouldnt know where to begin, and there are so many money making people out there that use this as a financial gain.

I am really desperate to learn how to combat this, any help would be greatly appreciated. For those who don't believe it, fear allah I hope no one ever sees such a thing. The person involved is reasonably pious, prays 5 times, or should I say she use to.

Any information would be much appreciated, jazak allah kher

Odan
    Bismillah

as salam alykom

welcome to the board brother/sister FSK374 if u scroll up about 6 posts, read my post it include 1 2 3 steps. Very precise. Insh a Allah it will help. What is happening with whoever u r inquiring about is that he/she is a victim of witchcraft. What happens is that when people recite quran, the witchcraft is being annuled and shaytans are being extreminated by Allah so they of course suffer. The reason is for u to stop.
    Now if u only keep saying bismilliah tobtal as har xyz is enough the magic will be annuled and person will be cured Insh aAllah
    Just use the dua I posted in the steps above.

look a new avatar! ponderingstar's Avatar
    dear sister,

MAy Allah grant your husband good health and that his work problems are eased and solved.
    ameen.

Also i think many people in desi culture (if you are desi) are very quick to say that there is black magic ALL AROUND them. However if you search some of these threads there is information regarding specific verses in the Quran which are specifically to protect you from such magic. I think reciting these would be the best idea. There are far tooo many holy men around willing to do your religious activities for you in this regard, some muslims think this is fine whereas others do not.

I do not want to misguide you but i seem to remember that they are surah al falaq(113) and surah an naas (114). This is somethign i have learnt very recently from someone on this forum so maybe if you ask around a little then they can help you? This may not be correct sister, i hope others on the forum can help me here....

Also ayat al qursi is recited for protection for all types of things. If i recite it before bed time i never have bad dreams and if i recite it before i drive i do not have accidents (LOL!) all by the grace of Allah ofcourse. And i think that is also key. You must remember it is ultimately Allah who can protect you from these things.

However do rememebr that the majority of people on this earth do not have the ability to do black magic. Iit;s not like there are schools teaching black magic aroudn every corner, and i can imagine that even the most ill intentioned muslims know that it is a sin to even slightly dabble in such practices.

I really don't believe in any kind of magic. I don't think any so-called magic can effect one if he has belief in Allah and His creations.

If anyone has this kind of power, why don't they prove it?

Can anyone tell me about someone who really proved it ?!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gafoorgk
    I really don't believe in any kind of magic. I don't think any so-called magic can effect one if he has belief in Allah and His creations.

If anyone has this kind of power, why don't they prove it?

Can anyone tell me about someone who really proved it ?!!!!
    You're holding on to the belief that someone who has this ability would acquire some kind of benefit by "proving" it... truth be told the person would most likely be attacked and killed for the evil he/she is committing and the fitnah he/she is creating.

If a person has true belief in Allah that is only the first step, the following steps include having the knowledge of what to do to directly combat any effects of magic/taweez/jadu/etc...

When the Jew attempted black magic on RasoolAllah [saw] he [saw] did some specific things to combat it (I dont have the hadith to show right now though) and for us to have knowledge of what can prevent black magic is thus essential alongside true belief in Allah [swt] and his creations.

selfbanned4indefinitetime abdulhakeem's Avatar
    The Exorcist Tradition in Islaam

ISBN:
    Author: Bilal Philips
    Publisher: Dar al-Fatah (UAE)
    Pages: 298 Binding: Hardback

Description from the publisher:

“This book, by Dr. Ammenah Bilal Philips, in my opinion, is the first scientific, original and impressive attempt of its kind in Islamic literature.” (Dr. Muhammad Ibrahim Surty, University of Birmingham, UK)

Discount price: $26.95

http://www.islamicbookstore.com/b8348.html

The possession of humans by jinns and their expulsion are thoroughly discussed. A comparative study is made with Christian exorcist tradition and the medical professions point of view. Case studies of leading Muslim exorcists from Egypt, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Pakistan and India are included.

System of Transliteration iv
    Acknowledgement v
    Introduction1Chapter One: The Spirit-World 5
    The Human Spirit 5
    The Angels 22
    The Jinn 41
    Conclusion 75
    Chapter Two: Spirit-Possession 77
    Reality 77
    Reasons for Possession 92
    Partial-Possession 94
    Magic 98
    The Evil Eye 108
    Exorcism 110
    Validity 110
    The Exorcist 113
    Conditions 115
    Methodology 116
    Chapter Three: Modern Muslim Exorcists 135
    Questionnaire 136
    Results 137
    Profile of the 20th Century Muslim Exorcist 144
    Possession and Exorcism in Christianity 147
    Survey of Christian Exorcists 159
    Chapter Four: Discussion 171
    Conclusion 180
    Appendix: Interviews with Muslim Exorcists 193
    Index of Quranic Verses 311
    Hadeeth Index 317
    Bibliography 325

http://bilalphilips.com/books/exort01b.htm

Sword Against Black Magic and Evil Magicians (Wahid Abdussalam Bali)

ISBN: 1874263671
    Author: Wahid Abdussalam Bali
    Publisher: Al-Firdous Publications (2004)
    Pages: 191 Binding: Paperback

Description from the publisher:

Detailed discussion of "sihr" in Islam. Includes:

Definition
    Evidence of the existence of sihr
    Categories of sihr
    How a "sahir" brings about a jinn
    Punishment under Islamic law
    How to treat sahir
    Treatment of sahir
    Treatment of al-ayn (the "evil eye")
    And much more.