Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Hadeeth Class, Ash-Shamaa'ilul Muhammadiyyah Monday 8:30PM GMT (9:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Webmaster

Arguments Against Terrorism / Extremism

I am researching the topic of Islam and terrorism, focusing on the causes of terrorism and the position of Islam. Please aid my research. I require:

- Relevant extracts from Qur'an and Hadith

- Articles and links

- Information about the social, economic and political causes of specific terrorist groups / events.

- Individual opinions

All input will be gratefully received. Once published I hope this will be useful to many, Muslims and non-Muslims alike.

Nur-ud-Dean

www.NewMuslimDhikr.co.uk

Account Disabled

Re: Arguments Against Terrorism / Extremism

You've got it all wrong brother, because the Islamic definition of extremism is nowhere near the kuffar/media/govt definiton. Sadly, many muslims have also started using this word when they don't know what it really means.

I suggest you read this, it should clear things up:
    http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/103889/extremism

contemplate on this

One mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist.
    dictator governments today call anyone who raises a voice or resistance against them terrorists.

Webmaster

MWarrior: I've got it all wrong? I haven't expressed any opinions yet!

Let me put it another way: I wish to explain Islam's understanding of the phenomenon known in the West as "Islamic Terrorism". That doesn't mean I agree with it, only that I recognise it as an accepted norm in Western thought.

That article is of little help.