Results 2,881 to 2,908 of 2908

Thread: Hadeeth A Day!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Lightbulb Hadeeth A Day!

Assalamualaykum
    something tells me a thread called this already exists..
    BUT..mine is sort of different..
    Iv had this flippy-over-calender thingamajig for some time now, and i absloutly ADORE it. It's like one of them pyramid ones that sit on your desk, and so everyday, i flip the page over, and there it says the date etc etc, and a really short, simple hadith or quote from the Quran. This sets like a target, to try and implement that hadith/quote into my life from that day onwards.Also, the hadith's/quotes are really simple, staightforward sentences. Even if say for one reason or another, you are unable to implement these into your life(for example if the hadeeth is aimed at guys or whatever..) then, well..its still good to know these things! -maybe you can sand up and declare this hadeeth if like your brother or dad or someones a bit unsure?..

Enough of justifying my motives for sharing these with you- to simplify it down, i absolutely adore it;& for this reason, would like to share the hadeeth's that come up everyday with you all, so insha-allah we can all invoke these actions into our day to day life and just generally pick up knowledge!
    Last edited by bitter_sweet; 25-09-09 at 05:57 PM.
    "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: Hadeeth A Day!

Abu Hurairah narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "The Muslim is the brother to the Muslim, he does not cheat him, lie to him, nor deceive him. All of the Muslim is unlawful to another Muslim: His Honor, his wealth, and his blood. At-taqwa is here. It is enough evil for a man that he be little his brother Muslim."

(Jami` at-Tirmidhi, Vol. 4, Book 27, Hadith 33)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Anas bin Malik said: “Whenever a matter would distress him, the Prophet (peace be upon him) would say: ‘O Living, O Self-Sustaining Sustainer! In Your Mercy do I seek relief (Yā Ḥayyu yā Qayyūm, bi-raḥmatika astaghīth).’” And with this chain, that he said: “The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: ‘Be constant with: “O Possessor of Majesty and Honor (Yā Dhal-Jalāli wal-Ikrām).’”

(Jami` at-Tirmidhi, Vol. 6, Book 48, Hadith 155)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Abdullah b. Zaid b. 'Asim al-Mazini (RA) reported: He saw Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) perform the ablution. He rinsed his mouth then cleaned his nose, then washed his face three times, then washed his right hand thrice and then the other one, thrice. He then took fresh water and wiped his head and then washed his feet till he cleaned them.

(Sahih Muslim, Book 2, Hadith 26)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Narrated `Aisha: Hind bint `Utba bin Rabi`a said, "O Allah's Apostle! (Before I embraced Islam), there was no family on the surface of the earth, I wish to have degraded more than I did your family. But today there is no family whom I wish to have honored more than I did yours." Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "I thought similarly, by Him in Whose Hand Muhammad's soul is!" Hind said, "O Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him)! (My husband) Abu Sufyan is a miser. Is it sinful of me to feed my children from his property?" The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "No, unless you take it for your needs what is just and reasonable."

(Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol.8, Book 83, Hadith 20)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Mutarrif reported that his father said, "I went in the delegation of the Banu 'Amir to the Prophet (peace be upon him). They said, 'You are our master.' He said, 'The Master is Allah.' They said, 'The best of us in excellence and the greatest of us in generosity.' He said, 'Say what you like, but do not let Shaytan provoke you.'"

(Al-Adab Al-Mufrad, Book 9, Hadith 56)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

1545. Hazrat Ibn 'Umar (ﷺ) says that the Holy Prophet (ﷺ) said: "The worst of lies is to pretend to have seen something which he has not seen."
    وعن ابن عمر رضي الله عنهما قال‏:‏ قال النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏:‏ ‏ "‏أفرى الفرى أن يري الرجل عينيه ما لم تريا‏"‏ ‏(‏‏(‏رواه البخاري‏)‏‏)‏ ‏
    ومعناه يقول‏:‏ رأيت فيما لم يره‏‏
    (Bukhari, Sunnah.com reference: Book 18, Hadith 35, Arabic/English book reference: Book 18, Hadith 1545, http://sunnah.com/riyadussaliheen/18/35)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

It was narrated from Anas that: The Prophet (peace be upon him), Abu Bakr, and Umar, may Allah be pleased with them both, would start their recitation with: "All the praise and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of all that exists.

(Sunan an-Nasa'I, Vol. 2, Book 11, Hadith 27)
    Please Re-update your Signature

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Uthman bin Abul-‘As narrated that the last thing the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) enjoined on him was that he said: “When you lead people, keep it short for them.”

(Sunan Ibn Majah, Vol. 1, Book 5, Hadith 1041)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

It was narrated from Anas that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "One of the portents of the Hour will be that people will show off in building Masjids."

(Sunan an-Nasa'I, Vol. 1, Book 8, Hadith 2)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

'Abdur-Rahman bin Abi-Bakrah narrated from his father that a man said: "O Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him)! Which of the people is the best?" He said: "He whose life is long and his deeds are good." He said: "Then which of the people is the worst?" He said: "He whose life is long and his deeds are bad."

(Jami` at-Tirmidhi, Book 36, Hadith 27)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

1734. Ibn Mas`ud (ﷺ) said: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "A true believer does not taunt or curse or abuse or talk indecently."
    عن ابن مسعود رضي الله عنه قال‏:‏ قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏:‏ ‏ "‏ليس المؤمن بالطعان، ولا اللعان، ولا الفاحش، ولا البذي‏"‏‏.‏ ‏(‏‏(‏رواه الترمذي وقال حديث حسن‏)‏‏)
    (Tirmizi, Sunnah.com reference: Book 18, Hadith 224, Arabic/English book reference: Book 18, Hadith 1734, http://sunnah.com/riyadussaliheen/18/224)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Ayyub bin Musa narrated from his father, from his grandfather, that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "There is no gift that a father gives his son more virtuous than good manners."

(Jami` at-Tirmidhi, Vol. 4, Book 27, Hadith 58)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Narrated Abu Huraira (RA): The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "The signs of a hypocrite are three: 1. Whenever he speaks, he tells a lie. 2. Whenever he promises, he always breaks it (his promise). 3. If you trust him, he proves to be dishonest. (If you keep something as a trust with him, he will not return it.)"

(Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 1, Book 2, Hadith 26)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Narrated Abu Huraira (RA): Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "Allah has ninety-nine Names, one-hundred less one; and he who memorised them all by heart will enter Paradise." To count something means to know it by heart.

(Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 9, Book 97, Hadith 21)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Abdullah (RA) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "Whoever has a mustard seed's weight of pride (arrogance) in his heart, shall not be admitted into Paradise. And whoever has a mustard seed's weight of faith in his heart, shall not be admitted into the Fire."

(Jami` at-Tirmidhi, Vol. 4, Book 27, Hadith 104)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Abdullah bin Mas'ud (RA) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:"Abide by truthfulness. For indeed truthfulness leads to righteousness. And indeed righteousness leads to Paradise. A man continues telling the truth and trying hard to tell the truth until he is recorded with Allah as a truthful person. Refrain from falsehood. For indeed falsehood leads to wickedness, and wickedness leads to the Fire. A slave (of Allah) continues lying and trying hard to lie, until he is recorded with Allah as a liar."

(Jami`at-Tirmidhi, Vol. 4, Book 27, Hadith 77)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Thauban (RA) reported: When the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) finished his prayer. He begged forgiveness three times and said: O Allah! Thou art Peace, and peace comes from Thee; Blessed art Thou, O Possessor of Glory and Honour. Walid reported: I said to Auza'i: How is the seeking of forgiveness? He replied: You should say: I beg forgiveness from Allah, I beg forgiveness from Allah."

(Sahih Muslim, Book 5, Hadith 171)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Narrated Abu Huraira (RA): The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Name yourselves with my name (use my name) but do not name yourselves with my Kunya name (i.e. Abul Qasim). And whoever sees me in a dream then surely he has seen me for Satan cannot impersonate me. And whoever tells a lie against me (intentionally), then (surely) let him occupy his seat in Hell-fire."

(Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 1, Book 3, Hadith 52)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

1408. Abu Hurairah (ﷺ) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, There are two statements that are light for the tongue to remember, heavy in the Scales and are dear to the Merciful: `Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi, Subhan-Allahil-Azim [Glory be to Allah and His is the praise, (and) Allah, the Greatest is free from imperfection]'.
    وعن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه قال‏:‏ قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم‏:‏ ‏ "‏كلمتان خفيفتان على اللسان، ثقيلتان في الميزان، حبيبتان إلى الرحمن‏:‏ سبحان الله وبحمده، سبحان الله العظيم‏"‏ ‏(‏‏(‏متفق عليه‏)‏‏)‏‏
    (Bukhari and Muslim, Sunnah.com reference : Book 16, Hadith 1, Arabic/English book reference : Book 16, Hadith 1408, http://sunnah.com/riyadussaliheen/16/1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Narrated Um Kulthum bint `Uqba (RA): That she heard Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) saying, "He who makes peace between the people by inventing good information or saying good things, is not a liar."

(Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 1, Book 53, Hadith 3)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "There is a Sadaqa to be given for every joint of the human body; and for every day on which the sun rises there is a reward of a Sadaqa (i.e. charitable gift) for the one who establishes justice among people."

(Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 3, Book 53, Hadith 17)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (RadhiAllahu ‘anhu)

that the Messenger of Allah (Sallallaahu ‘alaihi wasallam) said:

“Allaah said: ‘Spend, O son of Adam, and I shall spend on you.’”

[ Sahih Bukhari ]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Thawban (RA) narrated that: the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Indeed the Muslim remains in the Khurfah (harvest) of Paradise while he visits his brother Muslim."

(Jami`at-Tirmidhi, Vol. 2, Book 10, Hadith 3)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

1381. Abu Hurairah (ﷺ) reported: The Messenger of Allah (S.A.W .) said, "Allah makes the way to Jannah easy for him who treads the path in search of knowledge.''
    وعن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم قال‏:‏ ‏ "‏ومن سلك طريقًا يلتمس فيه علما سهل الله له به طريقًا إلى الجنة‏"‏ ‏(‏‏(‏رواه مسلم‏)‏‏)
    (Muslim, Sunnah.com reference: Book 13, Hadith 6, Arabic/English book reference: Book 13, Hadith 1381, http://sunnah.com/riyadussaliheen/13/6)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

“O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it. [AtTirmidh]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

It was narrated from Abu Hurairah (RA) that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “There is no lifelong grant. Whoever is given something as a lifelong grant, it is his.' ”

(Sunan Ibn Majah, Vol. 3, Book 14, Hadith 2469)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

When people are sleeping and busy with worldly pleasures Allah (SWT) gives the believers an opportunity, or an answer hour if they can fight sleep and invoke Allah (SWT) for whatever they need. The Prophet (SAW) said: 'There is at night an hour, no Muslim happens to be asking Allah any matter of this world or the Hereafter, except that he will be given it, and this (occurs) every night.'
    [Muslim #757]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "There is no disease that Allah has created, except that He also has created its treatment."