Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Hadeeth A Day!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Lightbulb Hadeeth A Day!

Assalamualaykum
    something tells me a thread called this already exists..
    BUT..mine is sort of different..
    Iv had this flippy-over-calender thingamajig for some time now, and i absloutly ADORE it. It's like one of them pyramid ones that sit on your desk, and so everyday, i flip the page over, and there it says the date etc etc, and a really short, simple hadith or quote from the Quran. This sets like a target, to try and implement that hadith/quote into my life from that day onwards.Also, the hadith's/quotes are really simple, staightforward sentences. Even if say for one reason or another, you are unable to implement these into your life(for example if the hadeeth is aimed at guys or whatever..) then, well..its still good to know these things! -maybe you can sand up and declare this hadeeth if like your brother or dad or someones a bit unsure?..

Enough of justifying my motives for sharing these with you- to simplify it down, i absolutely adore it;& for this reason, would like to share the hadeeth's that come up everyday with you all, so insha-allah we can all invoke these actions into our day to day life and just generally pick up knowledge!
    Last edited by bitter_sweet; 25-09-09 at 05:57 PM.
    "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Hadeeth A Day!

Ibn Umar reported that the Prophet (pbuh) contracted with the people of Khaibar the (trees) on the condition that he would have half the produce in fruits and harvest.(Muslim, Number 3758)
    Freedom exists only in the hereafter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

When someone makes his wudhu at home and walks to the mosque with the intention of carrying out an obligation to Allah, then each alternate step cancels a sin while the other one adds to his virtues.

Muslim
    "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Good deeds

Ibn Abbas reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: If anyone wants to have his deeds widely publicised, Allah will publicise (his humiliation). And if anyone makes a hypocritical display (of his deeds) Allah will make a display of him.
    Sahih Muslim Book 042, Number 7115

Bad deeds

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: All the people of my Ummah would get pardon for their sins except those who publicise them. And (it means) that a servant should do a deed during the night and tell the people in the morning that he has done so and so, whereas Allah has concealed it. And he does a deed during the day and when it is night he tells the people, whereas Allah has concealed it. Zuhair has used the word hijar for publicising.
    Sahih Muslim Book 042, Number 7124

Praising others

'Abd al-Rahman b. Abu Bakra reported on the authority of his father that a person praised another person in the presence of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), whereupon he said: Woe be to thee, you have broken the neck of your friend, you have broken the neck of your friend-he said this twice. If one of you has to praise his friend at all, he should say: I think (him to be) so and Allah knows it well and I do not know the secret of the heart and Allah knows the destined end, and I cannot testify his purity against Allah but (he appears) to be so and so.
    Sahih Muslim Book 042, Number 7139
    Last edited by ridhwaan; 05-11-09 at 12:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Prophet [SallAllahu 'alayhi waSallam] said: ‘Surely there is in the body a small piece of flesh; if it is good, the whole body is good, and if it is corrupted, the whole body is corrupted, and that is surely the heart’.

The Prophet(sallahi alayhi wasallam) Said:
    ‘A believer is not beset by any hardship or fatigue or illness or grief or even worry except that Allah will expiate thereby his sins.’
    [Bukhari and Muslim]

Sa’d ibn Abi Waqqas(RadiAllaha Anhu) said: ‘I asked the Prophet(sallahi alayhi wasallam) who among the people are most severely tried he said,
    ‘The Prophets, then the right acting people, and so on down through various categories of people. Man will be tested according to the strength of his faith. The stronger his faith, the more severe his trial, and the weaker his faith, the lighter his trial. The believer will be continually tested until he walks on earth with all his wrong actions forgiven.’
    [Bukhari]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Muslim :: Book 8 : Hadith 3242

Jabir heard Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) say: When a woman fascinates any one of you and she captivates his heart, he should go to his wife and have an intercourse with her, for it would repel what he feels.
    Please Re-update your Signature

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Verily, anger comes from satan. Satan was created from fire, and verily fire is extinguished by water. One who becomes angry should make ablution -wudhu-

Abu Daud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Prophet (pbuh) says: “Whoever seeks martyrdom with sincerity will be ranked by Allah among the martyrs even if he dies on his own bed”

Prophet (pbuh) says:
    “One third of the Muslim army runs away, and Allah will never forgive them. Another third would be killed, which would be the best martyrs in the sights of Allah. And the third would never be put to trial”
    ‘…Verily Allah sent the Messenger with the Deen of guidance and truth in order to dominate over all other Deens (i.e. religions; such as Christianity, Hinduism and Judaism and ideologies; such as capitalism and Communism) even if the idolaters dislike it…’

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (sal Allahu alahi wa salam) as saying:

"Woman is like a rib. When you attempt to straighten it, you would break it. And if you leave her alone you would benefit by her, and crookedness will remain in her."

[Muslim, #3466]
    ~Glory be to Allah and praise be to Him,in the expanse of His creation, as much as He pleases ,as much as the weight of His Throne, and as much as the ink it would take to record all His Words.~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I thought i'd reference these hadiths, Allhamdulilah found the references.

I did hear of this hadith too.

Quote Originally Posted by ana_mujahid View Post
    Prophet (pbuh) says: “Whoever seeks martyrdom with sincerity will be ranked by Allah among the martyrs even if he dies on his own bed”
    Narrated Anas bin Malik (may Allah be pleased with him); The Messenger of Allah (peace he upon him) said: “Whoever seeks martyrdom with sincerity shall get its reward, though he may not achieve it.” And in a similar narration, from Sahl b. Aba Umama b. Sahl b. Hunaif, it says, “Who sought martyrdom with sincerity will be ranked by Allah among the martyrs even if he died on his bed.”

[Saheeh Muslim, Book 020, Number 4694 & 4695]

Prophet (pbuh) says:
    “One third of the Muslim army runs away, and Allah will never forgive them. Another third would be killed, which would be the best martyrs in the sights of Allah. And the third would never be put to trial”
    This hadith is from a hadith that in more detail.

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: the Last Hour would not come until the Romans would land at al-A'maq or in Dabiq. An army consisting of the best (soldiers) of the people of the earth at that time will come from Medina (to counteract them). When they will arrange themselves in ranks, the Romans would say: Do not stand between us and those (Muslims) who took prisOners from amongst us. Let us fight with them; and the Muslims would say: Nay, by Allah, we would never get aside from you and from our brethren that you may fight them
    . They will then fight and a third (part) of the army would run away, whom Allah will never forgive. A third (part of the army). which would be constituted of excellent martyrs in Allah's eye, would be killed and the third who would never be put to trial would win and they would be conquerors of Constantinople. And as they would be busy in distributing the spoils of war (amongst themselves) after hanging their swords by the olive trees, the Satan would cry: the Dajjal has taken your place among your family. they would then come out, but it would be of no avail. And when they would come to Syria, he would come out while they would be still preparing themselves for battle drawing up the ranks. Certainly, the time of prayer shall come and then Jesus (peace be upon him) son of Mary would descend and would lead them in prayer. When the enemy of Allah would see him, it would (disappear) just as the salt dissolves itself in water and if he (Jesus) were not to confront them at all, even then it would dissolve completely, but Allah would kill them by his hand and he would show them their blood on his lance (the lance of Jesus Christ).

(Sahih Muslim Book #041, Hadith #6924)

~Glory be to Allah and praise be to Him,in the expanse of His creation, as much as He pleases ,as much as the weight of His Throne, and as much as the ink it would take to record all His Words.~

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Volume: 1, Book Number: 2, Hadith Number: 35
    Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "The person who participates in (Holy battles) in Allah's cause and nothing compels him to do so except belief in Allah and His Apostles, will be recompensed by Allah either with a reward, or booty (if he survives) or will be admitted to Paradise (if he is killed in the battle as a martyr). Had I not found it difficult for my followers, then I would not remain behind any sariya going for Jihad and I would have loved to be martyred in Allah's cause and then made alive, and then martyred and then made alive, and then again martyred in His cause."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

It is sufficient as a lie, for a person to speak about everything he hears wihtout being certain of its verity

Muslim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

8-
    Ask allah for his favour because allah likes to be asked and the best worship is prolonged hope for relief

At-tirmidhi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

9- Teh one who is a tyrant, the one who is disobedient to his parents, and the one who is addicted to drinking alcahol will not enter paradise.

Ad-darimi and an-nasai

Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1569 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bitter_sweet View Post
    8-
    Ask allah for his favour because allah likes to be asked and the best worship is prolonged hope for relief

At-tirmidhi
    Prolonged hope.....thats an incredibly difficult thing and truely those who have this gift are blessed indeed
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Bukhari :: Book 1 :: Volume 12 :: Hadith 715

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas: Once solar eclipse occurred during the lifetime of Allah's Apostle. He offered the eclipse prayer. His companions asked, "O Allah's Apostle! We saw you trying to take something while standing at your place and then we saw you retreating." The Prophet said, "I was shown Paradise and wanted to have a bunch of fruit from it. Had I taken it, you would have eaten from it as long as the world remains."
    Please Re-update your Signature

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

AVOID 7 HARMFUL THINGS:
    setting up partners with Allah,
    sorcery,
    unlawful killing of a soul,
    involving yourself in usury,
    exploiting the property of an orpahn,
    keeping behind on the day of jihaad,
    and slandering a chaste and innocent believing woman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

May Allah save us and protect us from this

Ibn Umar said: The Messenger of Allah said, "Those who draw pictures will be punished on the day of resurrection; and it will be said to them: 'Breathe soul into what you have created.'" Bukhari and Muslim

Ibn Abbas said: I heard the Messenger o Allah saying, :Every painter will go to Hell, and for every portrait he has made, there will be appointed one who will chastise him in Hell." Ibn Abbas said: If you have to do it, draw pictures of trees and other inanimate things. Bukhari and Muslim

Ibn Mas'ud said: I heard the Messenger of Allah saying, :Those who will receive the most severe punishment from Allah on the day of resurrection will be painters (of living objects). Bukhari and Muslim

Abu Talhah said: The Messenger of Allah said, "The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a portrait." Bukhari and Muslim

Abul-Haiyaj Haiyan ibn Husain said : Ali ibn Abu Talib said to me: "Shall I not send you to do a task that the Messenger of Allah had assigned to me? Spare no portrait unwiped out, and leave not a high grave unlevelled." Muslim

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Volume: 4, Book Number: 52, Hadith Number: 47
    Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Allah's Apostle used to visit Um Haran bint Milhan, who would offer him reals. Um-Haram was the wife of Ubada bin As-Samit. Allah's Apostle, once visited her and she provided him with food and started looking for lice in his head. Then Allah's Apostle slept, and afterwards woke up smiling. Um Haran asked, "What causes you to smile, O Allah's Apostle?" He said. "Some of my followers who (in a dream) were presented before me as fighters in Allah's Cause (on board a ship) amidst this sea cause me to smile; they were as kings on the thrones (or like kings on the thrones)." (Ishaq, a sub-narrator is not sure as to which expression the Prophet used.) Um-Haram said, "O Allah's Apostle! Invoke Allah that he makes me one of them. Allah's Apostle invoked Allah for her and slept again and woke up smiling. Once again Um Haram asked, "What makes you smile, O Allah's Apostle?" He replied, "Some of my followers were presented to me as fighters in Allah's Cause," repeating the same dream. Um-Haram said, "O Allah's Apostle! Invoke Allah that He makes me one of them." He said, "You are amongst the first ones." It happened that she sailed on the sea during the Caliphate of Mu'awlya bin Abi Sufyan, and after she disembarked, she fell down from her riding animal and died.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Breaking the bone of a dead person, is similar (in sin) to breaking the bone of a living person." [Ibn Majah]

Odan
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

This week's hadith

Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) quoted the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) as saying:
    "He is doomed, he is doomed, he is doomed."
    Then someone said, "Who, O Messenger of Allah?"
    He said, "The person whose parents, one or both of them, reach old age during his lifetime but he does not enter Paradise."

(Reported by Muslim)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

"To listen to music is to pour nifaq into your heart."

any1 know the reference?

post on my wall if you have replied

‘…Verily Allah sent the Messenger with the Deen of guidance and truth in order to dominate over all other Deens (i.e. religions; such as Christianity, Hinduism and Judaism and ideologies; such as capitalism and Communism) even if the idolaters dislike it…’

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed:

When three things appear faith will not benefit one who has not previously believed or has derived no good from his faith: the rising of the sun in its place of setting, the Dajjal, and the beast of the earth.

(Muslim, Book #001, Hadith #0296)

Wasalam

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

any1 know the reference?

post on my wall if you have replied

Its a saying of a Shaykh, not a hadith akhi.

~ Shaykh Nuh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muslimah-S View Post

Its a saying of a Shaykh, not a hadith akhi.

~ Shaykh Nuh
    oo my bad
    jazaki ALLAH khayr,

is there a hadith that states something similar?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

A man came to the prophet saw asking or a beast to ride.
    The prophet saw jokingly told him, " i will give you the offspring of a she camel to ride".
    He said, "oh messenger of allah, what will i do with the offspring of a she camel?"
    The prophet saw said, "are riding camels born except from she camels?"

abu daud, ahmad, at-tirmidhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yahya ibn Abi 'Amr Al-Shaibani reported,
    "Once a group of people belonging to yemen came to 'Abdullah ibn 'Amr ibn Al-'As, radi Allahu Anhu, and asked him: 'What do you say about the person who accepted Islam in a good way, migrated in a good way and fought int he cause of Allah in a good way. Afterwards he returned to his parents in Yemen and treated them very well and with utmost care.' He asked them, 'What do you say?'
    They said, 'In our opinion he has renounced his faith.; "Abdullah said, 'Not so but he would be in Paradise. I will tell you about the person who has renounced his faith. He is the person who accepted Islam in a good way, migrated in a good way and fought in the cause of Allah in a good way. Thereafter he moved to the agricultural land of Nabateans and rented some land for the payment of Jizyah and some grains. Afterwards he was fully occupied in cultivation of the land and gave up the Jihad. He is the person who has renounced his faith.'"

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet said, "Zaid took over the flag and was martyred. Then it was taken by Jafar who was martyred as well. Then 'Abdullah bin Rawaha took the flag but he too was martyred and at that time the eyes of Allah's Apostle were full of tears. Then Khalid bin Al-Walid took the flag without being nominated as a chief (before hand) and was blessed with victory."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ibn Shihab reported, "Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas [radiallahu anhu] killed three people by a single arrow in the battle of Uhud. He aimed an arrow to the nonbelievers, one of whom was killed by that. They returned that arrow by aiming towards him. Sa'd again aimed the same arrow at them and another person was killed. They again returned that to him. He aimed the with the same arrow the third time and the third person was killed. The people were very much surprised by Sa'd's action. He said, the Prophet [sallallahu alaihi wa sallam] has given this arrow to me.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Prophet (peace be upon him said: "When a human dies, his work for Allah Almighty comes to an end except three: A lasting charity, knowledge that benefits others and a good child who calls on Allah Almighty for his favour." Muslim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

It is a sin for a man to hold back money that he should spend on those who depend on him.

Muslim.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

The Prophet said (peace be upon him):

"He will not enter Paradise who has a grain of arrogance in his heart," a man asked: "A man may like his dress to be nice and his shoes to be nice?" The Prophet answered: "Allah is beautiful and likes beauty. Arrogance is to deny rights and look down upon people."

[Abu Dawud, Musnad Ahmad]

oo my bad
    jazaki ALLAH khayr,

I'm not aware of any akhi, sorry.

Wasalam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oo my bad
    jazaki ALLAH khayr,

Interpreters of the qur`aan have defined the term `lahwal hadith` which is mentioned in the qur`aan as:

1) singing and listening to songs.
    2) purchasing of male and female singers.
    3) purchase of instruments of fun and amusement.

When sayyidana abdullah ibne mas`ood, a very close companion of our prophet was asked about the meaning of the term `lahwal hadith`, he replied

“i swear by him besides whom there is no other god,that it refers to ghinaa (singing ).”

this statement, he repeated three times. This view is unanimously supported by the four khalifas, the eminent sahabaah, tabi`een, the four imaams and other reliable islaamic scholars and authorities.
    One hadith from the bukhari shareef, the most authentic book of hadith, further confirms unlawfulness of music and singing :

`there will be people of my ummah who will seek to make lawful; fornication, wine-drinking and the use of ma`aazif ( musical instruments ).`

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Take 'sahur' -predawn meal before fasting- for there are blessings in it

Al-Bukhari n muslim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Facilitate things to people concerning religious matters, and do not make it hard for them. Give them good tidings. And do not make them run away from Islam.

One of my favourite hadiths

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

And continue to remind, for surely the reminder profits the believers.
    51:55
    And remind (by preaching the Quran, O Muhammad SAW) for verily, the reminding profits the believers.
    51:55

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

for the beautiful hadiths everyone.

Reported by Qabeessah, “I was present with the Prophet (Peace be upon him) when I heard him saying:
    “The people of goodness in this life are the people of goodness in the hereafter, and the people of evil in this life are the people of evil in the hereafter.”

(Related by Al Bukhari in Al Mufrad).

Wasalam

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

14-
    when someone dies, the angels ask about what he sent ahead of him to the hereafter. and the children of adam ask about what he left behind,

al-baihaqi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Abu Hurairah (radhiallâhu anhu) narrated that Allah’s Messenger (sallallâhu ‘alayhi wasallam) said,

“Allah (Mighty and sublime be He) said: ‘Whoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes, and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask (something) of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about (seizing) the soul of my faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him.’”

(Bukhari 8/509)

Wasalam
    Last edited by Muslimah-S; 15-11-09 at 01:04 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

The best of affairs is that which is far from both extremes.
    Al-Baihaqi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

It is narrated from Ibn Umar that the Prophet Muhammad (Blessings of Allah and Peace be upon him) said: "There aren't any days greater, nor any days in which deeds done in them are more beloved to Allah, the Most High, than these ten days (of Zul-Hijjah). So, increase in them the saying of Tahleel (La Ilaaha illa Allah), and Takbeer (Allah Akbar) and Tahmeed (al-Hamdu li-llah)"
    [Musnad Imaam Ahmad]