Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Hadeeth A Day!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Lightbulb Hadeeth A Day!

Assalamualaykum
    something tells me a thread called this already exists..
    BUT..mine is sort of different..
    Iv had this flippy-over-calender thingamajig for some time now, and i absloutly ADORE it. It's like one of them pyramid ones that sit on your desk, and so everyday, i flip the page over, and there it says the date etc etc, and a really short, simple hadith or quote from the Quran. This sets like a target, to try and implement that hadith/quote into my life from that day onwards.Also, the hadith's/quotes are really simple, staightforward sentences. Even if say for one reason or another, you are unable to implement these into your life(for example if the hadeeth is aimed at guys or whatever..) then, well..its still good to know these things! -maybe you can sand up and declare this hadeeth if like your brother or dad or someones a bit unsure?..

Enough of justifying my motives for sharing these with you- to simplify it down, i absolutely adore it;& for this reason, would like to share the hadeeth's that come up everyday with you all, so insha-allah we can all invoke these actions into our day to day life and just generally pick up knowledge!
    Last edited by bitter_sweet; 25-09-09 at 05:57 PM.
    "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Re: Hadeeth A Day!

21-

The prophet saw said, "it is not permissable for a muslim to stay with one of his muslim brothers so long as to put his host into sin". The prophet SAW was asked, "how could he put his host into sin?". He answered, by staying so late that the host has nothing left to offer."
    Muslim
    "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

22-

Every good deed is an act of charity.

Al-Bukhari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

sister keep them up, inshAllah.

Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him said:

"There is a (compulsory) sadaqah (charity) to be given for every joint of the human body (as a sign of gratitude to Allah) everyday the sun rises. To judge justly between two persons is regarded as sadaqah; and to help a man concerning his riding animal, by helping him to mount it or by lifting his luggage on to it, is also regarded as sadaqah; and (saying) a good word is also sadaqah; and every step taken on one's way to offer the compulsory prayer (in the mosque) is also sadaqah; and to remove a harmful thing from the way is also sadaqah."

(Al-Bukhari)

Wasalam
    ~Glory be to Allah and praise be to Him,in the expanse of His creation, as much as He pleases ,as much as the weight of His Throne, and as much as the ink it would take to record all His Words.~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

"It is Allah who sends forth the winds, so that they raise up the clouds, and we drive them to a land that is dead, and revive the earth therewith after its death: even so will be the resurrection! "

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Prophet Muhammad sallallahu 'alayhi wassallam said:

"By Him in Whose Hand is my life! You will not enter Jannah until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Shall I inform you of something which, if you do, you will love one another? Promote greetings amongst yourselves.''

[Muslim]
    ~Glory be to Allah and praise be to Him,in the expanse of His creation, as much as He pleases ,as much as the weight of His Throne, and as much as the ink it would take to record all His Words.~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

The 5 daily prayers, the friday prayer and fasting between the month of ramdhan nullify all that is between them as long as one guards against major sin.

Muslim.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

25!

The Prophet SAW said: "Never a believer is stricken with a discomfort, an illness, an anxiety, a grief or mental worry or even the pricking of a thorn but Allah will expiate his sins on account of his patience". [Muslim]
    Al-Ghazali said, "If you see Allah, Mighty and Magnificent, holding back this world from you, frequently trying you with adversity and tribulation, know that you hold a great status with Him. Know that He is dealing with you as He does with His Awliya' and chosen elite, and is watching over you, have you not heard His saying, "So wait steadfastly for the judgment of your Lord - you are certainly before Our eyes.[At-Tur 52:48]

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    390 Post(s)

:

can someone please point me to a comprehensive hadith app with search function inshaAllah

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ya akhi View Post
    :

can someone please point me to a comprehensive hadith app with search function inshaAllah
    www.quranexplorer.com and click the hadeeth link to the hadeeth app
    if you want a quicker search then islaam.net and click hadeeth search.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

25-

Every food or drink that intoxicates or excites has been prohibited for you.
    Abu Daud.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bukari
    Volume: 5, Book Number: 57, Hadith Number: 37
    Narrated Anas:

A man asked the Prophet about the Hour (i.e. Day of Judgment) saying, "When will the Hour be?" The Prophet said, "What have you prepared for it?" The man said, "Nothing, except that I love Allah and His Apostle." The Prophet said, "You will be with those whom you love." We had never been so glad as we were on hearing that saying of the Prophet (i.e., "You will be with those whom you love.") Therefore, I love the Prophet, Abu Bakr and 'Umar, and I hope that I will be with them because of my love for them though my deeds are not similar to theirs.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    390 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abu_uthman View Post
    www.quranexplorer.com and click the hadeeth link to the hadeeth app
    if you want a quicker search then islaam.net and click hadeeth search.
    JazakAllah Khair

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

26 - Often it so happens tht someone has been disobedient to one or both parents in their lifetimes, and thus earned their displeasure, but if after their death, he sincerely prays to Allash to bless them with his mercy and forgiveness, Allah declares this disobedient person to an obedient one.

Baihaqi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hadidth

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 126: BUKHARI
    Narrated Imran:

The Prophet said, "I looked at Paradise and saw that the majority of its residents were the poor; and I looked at the (Hell) Fire and saw that the majority of its residents were women."
    jannat is my goal , ameen

[url="http://www.muspages.com/"]Muslim Business Directory[/url]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: hadidth

Bukhari :: Book 1 :: Volume 12 :: Hadith 739

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Qur'an is recited in every prayer and in those prayers in which Allah's Apostle recited aloud for us, we recite aloud in the same prayers for you; and the prayers in which the Prophet recited quietly, we recite quietly. If you recite "Al-Fatiha" only it is sufficient but if you recite something else in addition, it is better.
    Please Re-update your Signature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Abu 'Abbas Sahl ibn Sa'd as-Sa'idi said, "A man came to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and said, 'Messenger of Allah, show me an action for which Allah will love me and for which people will love me if I do it. He said, 'Do with little of this world and Allah will love you, and do with little of what belongs to other people and people will love you." Ibn Majah
    Last edited by ridhwaan; 26-10-09 at 03:26 PM.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Allah said in a hadith Qudsi:
    "I am as My servant thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assembly better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him by a span. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him running."
    (Bukhari)

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1: Volume: 2, Book Number: 24, Hadith Number: 501
    Narrated 'Aisha:
    Some of the wives of the Prophet asked him, "Who amongst us will be the first to follow you (i.e. die after you)?" He said, "Whoever has the longest hand." So they started measuring their hands with a stick and Sauda's hand turned out to be the longest. (When Zainab bint Jahsh died first of all in the caliphate of 'Umar), we came to know that the long hand was a symbol of practicing charity, so she was the first to follow the Prophet and she used to love to practice charity. (Sauda died later in the caliphate of Muawiya).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Allhamdulilah good to see more people participating in this thread, keep it up, inshAllah.

Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
    "If the Seven heavens and Seven earths were put together on one side of a scale and the words and la ilaha illalah were placed on the other side of the scale, the later would outweigh the former."

(Bukhari)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

When a muslim visits his muslim borther who is sick, he certainly gathers the fruits of paradise until he returns from visiting.

Muslim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

whatever trouble, illness, anxiety, grief, pain or sorrow afflicts a Muslim-even if it is the pricking of a thorn-Allah removes in its place some of his sins.

Al Bukhari and Muslim.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

29-

"He is not one of us who does not show affection to our young ones, nor respect to our elders.."

At tirmidhi.
    Last edited by bitter_sweet; 30-10-09 at 10:48 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

30-

In the name of Allah, most gracious, most merciful.
    Praise be to Allah, the cherisher and sustainer of the Worlds.
    Most gracious, most Merciful. Master of the Day of Judgment.
    Thee do we worship and Thine aid we seek.
    Show us the straight way.
    The way of those on whom thou has bestowed thy grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath and who go not astray.
    "

Al-Fatiha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Narrated An-Nu’man bin Bashir: The Prophet[s] said, ‘the example of the person abiding by ALLAH’s orders and limits, in comparison to the ones who do wrong and violate ALLAH’s limits & orders is like the example of those persons who drew lots for their seats in a boat. Some of them got seats in the upper part, & others on the lower. When the latter needed water they had to go up to bring water [& that troubled the others], so they said, ‘let us make a hole in our share of the ship [& get water] saving us from troubling those above. So, if the people of the upper part left the others to do as they had suggested, all the people of the ship will be destroyed, but if they prevented them, both parties would be safe.’’
    Sahih Bukhari
    Freedom exists only in the hereafter

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Muslim :: Book 40 : Hadith 6816

Samura b. Jundub reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: There would be among them those to whom the fire will reach up to their ankels and to some of them the fire would reach their knees and to some it would reach their waists and to some it would reach up to their collar-bones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said "How will you be when the son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends amongst you and he will judge people by the Law of the Quran and not by the law of Gospel
    Last edited by ridhwaan; 31-10-09 at 09:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Narrated Al-Miqdad ibn al-Aswad:I swear by Allah, I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: The happy man is he who avoids dissensions: happy is the man who avoids dissensions; happy is the man who avoids dissensions: but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.
    Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 35, Number 4250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said "How will you be when the son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends amongst you and he will judge people by the Law of the Quran and not by the law of Gospel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

31-

If anyone forgets and eats or drinks by accident while he is fasting, he should complete his fast for it is allah who has fed him and given him drink.

Al Bukhari and muslim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

1-

One who observes fasting during ramdhan and then follows it with 6 days of fasting during shawwal is as if he fasted the whole year

Muslim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Anas said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, addressed us with a speech whose like I have never heard. He said, 'If you were to know what I know, you would laugh little and weep much.' The Companions of the Messenger of Allah covered their faces and sobbed." [Agreed upon]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Ka'b ibn Malik reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Two hungry wolves loose among sheep do not cause as much damage as that caused to a man's deen by his greed for money and reputation." [at-Tirmidhi]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Ibn Mas'ud reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Shall I tell you who is unlawful for the Fire - or the one for whom the Fire is unlawful? It is unlawful for everyone who is easy, flexible, modest and uncomplicated." [at-Tirmidhi]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

2-

Whenever there are three people together, no two should talk, leaving the third alone, since this may grieve the third person.

Al-Bukhari and Muslim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hudhaifa and Ibn Mas'ud met together. Hudhaifa said: I know more than you as to what there would be along with the Dajjal. There would be along with him two canals (one flowing with water) and the other one (having) fire (within it), and what you would see as fire would be water and what you would see as water would be fire. So he who amongst you is able to see that and is desirous of water should drink out of that which he sees as fire.
    Sahih Muslim Book 041, Number 7013

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

3-

He who conceals faults of a muslim will have his faults concealed by Allah on the Day of Judgment.

al-bukhari and muslim.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Dawud :: Book 40 : Hadith 4730

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:
    When the Prophet of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) was lifted to the heavens (for travelling) in Paradise, or as he said, a river whose banks were of transparent or hollowed pearls was presented to him. The angel who was with him struck it with his hand and took out musk. Muhammad (peace_be_upon_him) then asked the angel who was with him: What is this? He replied: It is al-Kawthar which Allah has given you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

JazzakumAllah khair for the hadiths everyone.

On the authority of Abu Dharr Jundub ibn Junaadah, and Abu 'Abd-ir-Rahmaan Mu'aadh bin Jabal (radiAllaahu anhumaa) that the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said :

"Have Taqwaa (Fear) of Allaah wherever you may be, and follow up a bad deed with a good deed which will wipe it out, and behave well towards the people."

[It was related by at-Tirmidhee]

Wasalam

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Whoever wants allah to respond to his suplication should engage in frequent supplications during times of happiness.

At tirmidhi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Last edited by OBL; 05-11-09 at 12:20 AM.