Results 2,761 to 2,773 of 2773

Thread: Hadeeth A Day!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Lightbulb Hadeeth A Day!

Assalamualaykum
    something tells me a thread called this already exists..
    BUT..mine is sort of different..
    Iv had this flippy-over-calender thingamajig for some time now, and i absloutly ADORE it. It's like one of them pyramid ones that sit on your desk, and so everyday, i flip the page over, and there it says the date etc etc, and a really short, simple hadith or quote from the Quran. This sets like a target, to try and implement that hadith/quote into my life from that day onwards.Also, the hadith's/quotes are really simple, staightforward sentences. Even if say for one reason or another, you are unable to implement these into your life(for example if the hadeeth is aimed at guys or whatever..) then, well..its still good to know these things! -maybe you can sand up and declare this hadeeth if like your brother or dad or someones a bit unsure?..

Enough of justifying my motives for sharing these with you- to simplify it down, i absolutely adore it;& for this reason, would like to share the hadeeth's that come up everyday with you all, so insha-allah we can all invoke these actions into our day to day life and just generally pick up knowledge!
    Last edited by bitter_sweet; 25-09-09 at 05:57 PM.
    "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: Hadeeth A Day!

Abu Hurairah narrated that: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "Whoever said: 'Be quiet' while the Imam is giving the Khutbah then he has committed Laghw (useless activity)."

(Jami`at-Tirmidhi, Vol. 1, Book 4, Hadith 25)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Abu Hurairah narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “Seek refuge with Allah from the punishment of Hell, and seek refuge in Allah from the punishment of the grave. Seek refuge in Allah from the trial of Al-Masihid-Dajjal, and seek refuge in Allah from the trials of life and death.”

(Jami`at-Tirmidhi, Vol. 6, Book 48, Hadith 235)

truth. beauty. justice.
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Mu'adh (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) took hold of my hand and said, "O Mu'adh! By Allah I love you, so I advise you to never forget to recite after every prayer: "Allahumma a'inni ala dhikrika, wa shukrika, wa husni 'ibadatika (O Allah, help me remember You, to be grateful to You, and to worship You in an excellent manner)."

[Abu Dawud].

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

It was narrated that An-Nu'man said: "My mother asked my father for a gift and he gave it to me. She said: 'I will not be contented until you ask the Messenger of Allah to bear witness.' So my father took me by the hand, as I was still a boy, and went to the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him). He said: 'O Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him), the mother of this boy, the daughter of Rawahah, asked me for a gift, and she wanted me to ask you to bear witness to that.' He said: 'O Bashir, do you have any other child apart from this one?' He said: 'Yes.' He said: 'Have you given him gifts like that which you have given to this one?' He said: 'No.' He said: 'Then do not ask me to bear witness, for I will not bear witness to unfairness.'"

(Sunan an-Nasa'i, Vol. 4, Book 31, Hadith 11)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Abu Qatadah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) saying, "Beware of excessive swearing in sale, because it may promote trade but this practice will eliminate the blessing."
    عن أبي قتادة رضي الله عنه أنه سمع رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم يقول‏:‏ ‏ "‏إياكم وكثرة الحلف في البيع، فإنه ينفق ثم يمحق‏"‏ ‏(‏‏(‏رواه مسلم‏)‏‏)‏‏.‏
    (Muslim, Sunnah.com reference Book 18, Hadith 211, Arabic/English book reference Book 18, Hadith 1721, http://sunnah.com/riyadussaliheen/18/211)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

It was narrated from Abu Umamah that: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "Whoever seizes the wealth of a Muslim unlawfully by means of his (false) oath, Allah makes the Fire required for him, Paradise unlawful for him." A man said to him: "O Messenger of Allah, even if it is something small?" He said: "Even if it is a twig of an Arak tree."

(Sunan an-Nasa'I, Vol. 6, Book 49, Hadith 41)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

It was narrated from Al-Hakam bin 'Amr that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) forbade a man from performing Wudu' with the leftovers of a woman's (water for) Wudu'.

(Sunan an-Nasa'i, VOL.1, Book 2, Hadith 19)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) as saying: He who offered prayer over the dead, but did not follow the bier, for him is the reward of one qirat, and he who followed it, for him is the reward of two qirats. It was asked what the qirats were. He said: The smaller amongst the two is equivalent to Uhud.

(Sahih Muslim, Book 11, Hadith 70)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Abu 'Inabah Al-Khawlani said that: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "Allah will continue to plant new people in this religion and use them in His obedience."

(Sunan Ibn Majah, Vol. 1, Book 1, Hadith 8)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Ibn Mas'ud (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "A true believer does not taunt or curse or abuse or talk indecently."
    عن ابن مسعود رضي الله عنه قال‏:‏ قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏:‏ ‏ "‏ليس المؤمن بالطعان، ولا اللعان، ولا الفاحش، ولا البذي‏"‏‏.‏ ‏(‏‏(‏رواه الترمذي وقال حديث حسن‏)‏‏)‏‏.‏
    (At-Tirmidhi, Sunnah.com reference Book 18, Hadith 224 Arabic/English book reference Book 18, Hadith 1734, http://sunnah.com/riyadussaliheen/18/224)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Aisha said, "A woman from Bani Makhzumiya committed a theft and the people said, 'Who can intercede with the Prophet (peace be upon him) for her?' So nobody dared speak to him (i.e. the Prophet) but Usama bin Zaid spoke to him. The Prophet said, 'If a reputable man amongst the children of Bani Israel committed a theft, they used to forgive him, but if a poor man committed a theft, they would cut his hand. But I would cut even the hand of Fatima (i.e. the daughter of the Prophet) if she committed a theft."

(Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 5, Book 62, Hadith 81)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Narrated Al-Mughira bin Shu`ba: On the day of Ibrahim's death, the sun eclipsed and the people said that the eclipse was due to the death of Ibrahim (the son of the Prophet). Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "The sun and the moon are two signs amongst the signs of Allah. They do not eclipse because of someone's death or life. So when you see them, invoke Allah and pray till the eclipse is clear."

(Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 2, Book 16, Hadith 19)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

It was narrated that Umm Salamah said: "The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: 'You refer your disputes to me, but I am only human. And some of you may be more eloquent in arguing their case than others, and I may pass judgment on the basis of what I hear. If I pass judgment in favor of one of you against his brother's rights, then it is a piece of the fire that I am giving him.'"

(Sunan an-Nasa'i, Vol. 6, Book 49, Hadith 44)