Results 2,881 to 2,886 of 2886

Thread: Hadeeth A Day!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Lightbulb Hadeeth A Day!

Assalamualaykum
    something tells me a thread called this already exists..
    BUT..mine is sort of different..
    Iv had this flippy-over-calender thingamajig for some time now, and i absloutly ADORE it. It's like one of them pyramid ones that sit on your desk, and so everyday, i flip the page over, and there it says the date etc etc, and a really short, simple hadith or quote from the Quran. This sets like a target, to try and implement that hadith/quote into my life from that day onwards.Also, the hadith's/quotes are really simple, staightforward sentences. Even if say for one reason or another, you are unable to implement these into your life(for example if the hadeeth is aimed at guys or whatever..) then, well..its still good to know these things! -maybe you can sand up and declare this hadeeth if like your brother or dad or someones a bit unsure?..

Enough of justifying my motives for sharing these with you- to simplify it down, i absolutely adore it;& for this reason, would like to share the hadeeth's that come up everyday with you all, so insha-allah we can all invoke these actions into our day to day life and just generally pick up knowledge!
    Last edited by bitter_sweet; 25-09-09 at 05:57 PM.
    "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: Hadeeth A Day!

Abu Hurairah narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "The Muslim is the brother to the Muslim, he does not cheat him, lie to him, nor deceive him. All of the Muslim is unlawful to another Muslim: His Honor, his wealth, and his blood. At-taqwa is here. It is enough evil for a man that he be little his brother Muslim."

(Jami` at-Tirmidhi, Vol. 4, Book 27, Hadith 33)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Anas bin Malik said: “Whenever a matter would distress him, the Prophet (peace be upon him) would say: ‘O Living, O Self-Sustaining Sustainer! In Your Mercy do I seek relief (Yā Ḥayyu yā Qayyūm, bi-raḥmatika astaghīth).’” And with this chain, that he said: “The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: ‘Be constant with: “O Possessor of Majesty and Honor (Yā Dhal-Jalāli wal-Ikrām).’”

(Jami` at-Tirmidhi, Vol. 6, Book 48, Hadith 155)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Abdullah b. Zaid b. 'Asim al-Mazini (RA) reported: He saw Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) perform the ablution. He rinsed his mouth then cleaned his nose, then washed his face three times, then washed his right hand thrice and then the other one, thrice. He then took fresh water and wiped his head and then washed his feet till he cleaned them.

(Sahih Muslim, Book 2, Hadith 26)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Narrated `Aisha: Hind bint `Utba bin Rabi`a said, "O Allah's Apostle! (Before I embraced Islam), there was no family on the surface of the earth, I wish to have degraded more than I did your family. But today there is no family whom I wish to have honored more than I did yours." Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "I thought similarly, by Him in Whose Hand Muhammad's soul is!" Hind said, "O Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him)! (My husband) Abu Sufyan is a miser. Is it sinful of me to feed my children from his property?" The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "No, unless you take it for your needs what is just and reasonable."

(Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol.8, Book 83, Hadith 20)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Mutarrif reported that his father said, "I went in the delegation of the Banu 'Amir to the Prophet (peace be upon him). They said, 'You are our master.' He said, 'The Master is Allah.' They said, 'The best of us in excellence and the greatest of us in generosity.' He said, 'Say what you like, but do not let Shaytan provoke you.'"

(Al-Adab Al-Mufrad, Book 9, Hadith 56)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

1545. Hazrat Ibn 'Umar (ﷺ) says that the Holy Prophet (ﷺ) said: "The worst of lies is to pretend to have seen something which he has not seen."
    وعن ابن عمر رضي الله عنهما قال‏:‏ قال النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏:‏ ‏ "‏أفرى الفرى أن يري الرجل عينيه ما لم تريا‏"‏ ‏(‏‏(‏رواه البخاري‏)‏‏)‏ ‏
    ومعناه يقول‏:‏ رأيت فيما لم يره‏‏
    (Bukhari, Sunnah.com reference: Book 18, Hadith 35, Arabic/English book reference: Book 18, Hadith 1545, http://sunnah.com/riyadussaliheen/18/35)