Page 1 of 73 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Hadeeth A Day!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Lightbulb Hadeeth A Day!

Assalamualaykum
    something tells me a thread called this already exists..
    BUT..mine is sort of different..
    Iv had this flippy-over-calender thingamajig for some time now, and i absloutly ADORE it. It's like one of them pyramid ones that sit on your desk, and so everyday, i flip the page over, and there it says the date etc etc, and a really short, simple hadith or quote from the Quran. This sets like a target, to try and implement that hadith/quote into my life from that day onwards.Also, the hadith's/quotes are really simple, staightforward sentences. Even if say for one reason or another, you are unable to implement these into your life(for example if the hadeeth is aimed at guys or whatever..) then, well..its still good to know these things! -maybe you can sand up and declare this hadeeth if like your brother or dad or someones a bit unsure?..

Enough of justifying my motives for sharing these with you- to simplify it down, i absolutely adore it;& for this reason, would like to share the hadeeth's that come up everyday with you all, so insha-allah we can all invoke these actions into our day to day life and just generally pick up knowledge!
    Last edited by bitter_sweet; 25-09-09 at 05:57 PM.
    "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Re: Hadeeth A Day!

So..

September 25-
    The one who has the most knowledge of the Qur'an should act as imam. If several people are equally learned in Qur'an, then the person who has the most knowledge should act as Imam.
    Muslim.
    "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

26th-
    When a servant of Allah observes fasting for a day for the sake of Allah, he thereby repels the fire (of hell) a distance of seventy years
    Al Bukhari &Muslim.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

27- A father can give his child nothing better than good manners.

Al-Bukhari&Muslim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

tut, this threads really dead!

28- Often it so happens that for a certain believer, Allah ordains a high position that he cannot achieve by hmelf. So Allah afflicts him with some physical or material distress or gried from within his family, whereby he is granted the good frtune of being patient.Thus Allah raises him to the high position originally decreed for him.

Abu Daud& Ahmed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Keep em coming, im reading

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

29- Search for Laylatul Qadr (nigh of power) among the odd numbered nights of the last ten days of Ramadhan.
    Al-Bkhari

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fasting period has gone, brother.
    "O Allah (S.W.T) enable me to remember You, thank You and worship You in the best possible way."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

30-
    The most pleasing to Allah of all deeds is that which is done continuously, though it may be small.

Al Bukhari &Muslim.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is an excellence of one's Islam that he discard what is no good to him in this life or the next.
    (Tirmidhi)

Odan
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Today's Hadeeth, MuslimSoljah

The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Whosoever observes fast in Ramadan and then follows up with six fasts in Shawwal, will be regarded as though he had been fasting every day."

(Reported by Ahmad, Muslim, Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi)

Note - it is not required to fast six days continuously without any interruption. One can fast according to convenience any time during the month.

One should not choose Friday for fasting unless he joins it with fasting either the preceding Thursday or the following Saturday. Muhammad ibn Abbad reports that he asked Jabir, a companion of the Prophet, whether the Prophet spoke against fasting on Friday, and he answered in the affirmative.

(Related by Al-Bukhari).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Where did ure calender flip thingy, I wan one

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amrha View Post
    Where did ure calender flip thingy, I wan one
    i have no idea you know:S its been sat there forever but i never really took notice of it!

it cant have come free in the post, cause its a bit too big for that..must have got it in an islamic relief do a couple of years back

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

1 Oct- May Allah have mercy on the tolerant mn when he buys, when he sells, an when he demands payment.

Al Bukhari.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

2- He who lacks kindness of heart, lacks all good.

Muslim.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

3- The fasting on the day of Ashura -tenth day of Muharram- is an expiation for the sins of the previous year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

4- The prophet SAW never took revenge for any wrong done to him personally, except to vindicate the honour of Allah;and even then, he would take revenge only for the sake of allah.

Muslim.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

sister bitter_sweet,
    MashAllah good thread, keep it inshAllah.

Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

5) “Whoever seeks forgiveness for the believing men and the believing women, Allah writes for him - for every believing man and woman - a good deed.”

[Reported by at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, and Ahmad, and it is authentic]
    ~Glory be to Allah and praise be to Him,in the expanse of His creation, as much as He pleases ,as much as the weight of His Throne, and as much as the ink it would take to record all His Words.~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Jazakallah

Allah will make a home in paradise for whoever builds a mosque for him.

Muslim & Al-Bukhari.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

6- Read surah Al-Falaq(all creatures) and surah An-Nas (mankind) as many times as possible when you are lost (such as ion a dark place or in a jungle) and Allah may help you.
    Ahmad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

7- He who believes in Allah and the Last day should honour his guests according to the guest's rights. The guest's rights area a day and night of generous treatment and also 3 days hospitality. That which you offer beyond this will be regarded as charity.

Al Bukhari + Muslim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

8- The prophet SAW said; "Believing in bad omens in **'shirk'.." He repeated this 3 times, and then said:-

"THERE IS NOTHING THAT ALLAH WOULD NOT REMOVE FROM US IF WE HAD TRUST IN HIM"

Abu Daud& At-Tirmidhi

**Shirk-associating partners with Allah

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

sis,

Umar ibn al-Khattab (radiAllahu anhu), narrated that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, 'If you rely on Allah with due reliance, Allah will provide for you as He does for the birds; they leave with empty stomachs in the morning and return full at dusk.'

[at-Tirmidhi]
    ~Glory be to Allah and praise be to Him,in the expanse of His creation, as much as He pleases ,as much as the weight of His Throne, and as much as the ink it would take to record all His Words.~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Khalid ibn El Waleed narrated the following hadith:

A Bedouin came one day to the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) and said to him, "O, Messenger of Allah! I've come to ask you a few questions about the affairs of this life and the Hereafter. "

- Ask what you wish.

- I'd like to be the most learned of men.
    - Fear Allah, and you will be the most learned of men.

- I wish to be the richest man in the world.
    - Be contented, and you will be the richest man in the world.

- I'd like to be the most just man.
    - Desire for others what you desire for yourself, and you will be the most just of men.

- I want to be the best of men.
    - Do good to others and you will be the best of men.

- I wish to be the most favored by Allah.
    - Engage much in Allah's praise, and you will be most favored by Him.

- I'd like to complete my faith.
    - If you have good manners you will complete your faith.

- I wish to be among those who do good.
    - Adore Allah as if you see Him. If you don't see Him, He seeth you. In this way you will be among those who do good.

- I wish to be obedient to Allah.
    - If you observe Allah's commands you will be obedient.

- I'd like to be free from all sins.
    - Bathe yourself from impurity and you will be free from all sins.

- I'd like to be raised on the Day of Judgment in the light.
    - Don't wrong yourself or any other creature, and you will be raised on the Day of Judgment in the light.

- I'd like Allah to bestow His mercy on me.
    - If you have mercy on yourself and on others, Allah will grant you mercy on the Day of Judgment.

- I'd like my sins to be very few.
    - If you seek the forgiveness of Allah as much as you can, your sins will be very few.

- I'd like to be the most honorable man.
    - If you do not complain to any fellow creature, you will be the most honorable of men.

- I'd like to be the strongest of men.
    - If you put your trust in Allah, you be the strongest of men.

- I'd like to enlarge my provision.
    - If you keep yourself pure, Allah will enlarge your provision.

- I'd like to be loved by Allah and His messenger.
    - If you love what Allah and His messenger love you will be among their beloved ones.

- I wish to be safe from Allah's wrath on the Day of Judgment.
    - If you do not lose your temper with any of your fellow creatures, you will be safe from the wrath of Allah on the Day of Judgment.

- I'd like my prayers to be responded.
    - If you avoid forbidden actions your prayers will be responded.

- I'd like Allah not to disgrace me on the Day of Judgment.
    - If you guard your chastity, Allah will not disgrace you on the Day of Judgment.

- I'd like Allah to provide me with a protective covering on the Day of Judgment.
    - Do not uncover your fellow creatures faults, and Allah will provide you with a covering protection on the Day of Judgment.

- What will save me from sins?
    - Tears, humility and illness.

- What are the beet deeds in the eyes of Allah?
    - Gentle manners, modesty and patience.

- What are the worst evils in the eyes of Allah?
    - Hot temper and miserliness.

- What assuages the wrath of Allah in this life and in the Hereafter?
    - Concealed charity and kindness to relatives.

- What extinguishes hell's fires on the Day of Judgment?
    - Patience in adversity and misfortunes.

Imam El Mustaghfiri said: "I have never heard a tradition more comprehensive of the beauties of religion, and more beneficial than this hadith. It collects all the good things of Islam but not put to use." (Related by Imam Ibn Hambal)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

9- Allah turns in mercy to him who turns in repentance

Muslim + Al Bukhari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Abud-Darda (RA) reported: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Nothing will be heavier on the Day of Resurrection in the scale of the believer than good manners. Allah hates one who utters foul or coarse language."
    [Tirmidhi]

Odan
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

This week's ahadith

Narrated By 'Aisha:
    Whenever Allah's Apostle went to bed, he used to recite Surat-al-Ikhlas, Surat-al-Falaq and Surat-an-Nas and then blow on his palms and pass them over his face and those parts of his body that his hands could reach. And when he fell ill, he used to order me to do like that for him.

(Vol 7, Book 71. Medicine. Hadith 644. Sahih Bukhari)

Narrated Muhammad bin Sirin: Abu Huraira said,
    "Allah's Apostle put me in charge of the Zakat of Ramadan (i.e. Zakat-ul-Fitr). Someone came to me and started scooping some of the foodstuff of (Zakat) with both hands. I caught him and told him that I would take him to Allah's Apostle."
    Then Abu Huraira told the whole narration and added "He (i.e. the thief) said, 'Whenever you go to your bed, recite the Verse of "AL-KURSI" (2.255) for then a guardian from Allah will be guarding you, and Satan will not approach you till dawn.' "
    On that the Prophet said, "He told you the truth, though he is a liar, and he (the thief) himself was the Satan."

(Vol 4, Book 54. Beginning Of Creation. Hadith 495. Sahih Bukhari)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

It was narrated that Abu Umamah said, :The Prohpet (peace be upon him) said: "Whoever recites Ayat-Al kursi immediately after each prescribed prayer, there will be nothing standing between him and his entering Paradise except death"
    (Reported by An-Nasa'i and Ibn Hibban.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

"Verily Allah created Mercy. The day He created it, He made it into one hundred parts. He withheld with Him ninety-nine parts, and sent its one part to all His creatures.

Had the non-believer known of all the Mercy which is in the Hands of Allah, he would not lose hope of entering Paradise, and had the believer known of all the punishment which is present with Allah, he would not consider himself safe from the Hell-Fire."

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

10 - The prophet saw said:
    "Allah willsay on the day of resurrection, 'Where are those who love one another through My Glory? Today i shall give them shade in My shade, it being a day when there is no shade but My shade'".

Malik + Al Bukhari
    Last edited by bitter_sweet; 15-10-09 at 08:43 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

11-

"He has made subject to you the Night and the Day, the Sun and the Moon, and the stars are in subjection by his command: verily in this are signs for men who are wise"..

Al-Nahl 16:12

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

12- Of all names, Allah likes 'ABDULLAH and 'ABDUR-RAHMAN best.

Muslim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

13- The prophet SAW commanded us to do 7 things.
    - to visit the sick
    - to attend funerals
    - to bless someone when he sneezes
    - to support the weak
    - to help the one who is opressed,
    - to spread "salaam "

and to help people fulfill their oaths.

Agreed upon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

14-

"...Nor defame, nor be sarcastic to each other, nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames.."

Al-Hujarat 49:11

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

15- A generous person is close to Allah, close to paradise, close to people and away from hell.
    A miser is far from allah, far from Paradise, far from people, and close to hell.
    An ordinary, generous person is dearer to Allah than a religious miser.

Al-Tirmidhi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

16-

Woe to him who speaks falsehood in order to make people laugh. Woe to him!

Abu Daud, Ahmad, and At-Tirmidhi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

By him in whose hand my soul is, no one is a perfect believer until he wishes for his muslim brother what he wishes for himself..

Muslim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

18-

Whoever clothes a naked muslim will be clothed by Allah with the green robes of Paradise;
    whoever feeds a hungry muslim will be fed by Allah from the fruits of paradise;
    and whoever gives drink to a thirsty muslim will be given drink by allah from the fountain of paradise..

At-Tirmidhi and Abu Daud

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

This world is prison for the believers and a paradise for the disbelievers.

Muslim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Every good deed of a Muslim is charity; and meeting your(muslim) brother with a smiling face is one of the good deeds.

Abu Daud and At-Tirmidhi