Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

who placed the 360 idols in the kaaba

what was his name ?

Account Disabled

Re: who placed the 360 idols in the kaaba

i think this took place over time ... not over night ... probably a bunch of mushriks not just 1 ..

nah i heard imam anwar al awlaki say there was a famous man in mecca who started it ..because he was well known n respected people allowed it

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn Sina View Post
    i think this took place over time ... not over night ... probably a bunch of mushriks not just 1 ..
    But we know that in CE 630, Prophet Muhammad destroyed the 360 idols in and around the Kaaba. While destroying each idol, he recited

وَقُلْ جَاء الْحَقُّ وَزَهَقَ الْبَاطِلُ إِنَّ الْبَاطِلَ كَانَ زَهُوقًا

[Qur'an 17:81] which says "Truth has arrived and falsehood has perished for falsehood is by its nature bound to perish."

Thus I would request the questioner to spend the time of Ramadhan in doing useful things like reciting /studying the Qur'an and not to worry about the name/s of whoever had placed those idols there, since we know that it was falsehood worshipped by the idolators.
    Last edited by aboosait; 06-09-09 at 04:58 AM.
    Worship only the CREATOR, HE is One and HE is the SUSTAINER of the Universe. Do not worship any of HIS creations nor through HIS creations

well i know his name isnt important ....but i was explaining this to someone but i forgot the man's name

thats why i asked..lol

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by vicious L View Post
    well i know his name isnt important ....but i was explaining this to someone but i forgot the man's name

thats why i asked..lol
    Ok,

But I agree with Ibn Sena in believing that it could not have been job of one man.
    Worship only the CREATOR, HE is One and HE is the SUSTAINER of the Universe. Do not worship any of HIS creations nor through HIS creations

I think the person who introduced idolatory there was called something like "Amr ibn Lahi".
    I regularly haunt The Revival Forums.

i heard imam anwar al awlaki speak of this man ..he also mentioned his name....

Mecca was a religious center for Arabs since the time of Abraham for he is the one who rebuilt the Kaaba the house of Allah ( God ) as place of worship to the only God , with time a new innovation came to being when one of the merchants who used to travel to Syria and palestine saw the people there worshiping idols and when he asked why they said : we don't worship them but we consider them as a intermediary between us and God ,he liked the idea and brought one to Mecca and put it in the Kaaba .When Arabs from other tribes saw this started to do the same and brought idols also one for each tribe till there were 360 of them inside the Kaaba and started to come every year to Mecca for to worship and bring with them gifts to those idols and gradually Mecca flourished and Meccans gained respect and status for they are the keepers of Kaaba .When prophet Muhammad came With the message of worshiping the one and only God they felt threatened by him ,so they they tried to dissuade him in evey way they can but he stood fast but they increased in harming him and even killing him ,so he decided to leave Mecca to Yethrib (later named Madin when he came to it)and started to promulgate his message from there till after 8 years came back victorious to Mecca and destroyed those idols but never payed them back in the same way they did to him, he forgave them and told the best of you be for Islam will keep their status .

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I think the person who introduced idolatory there was called something like "Amr ibn Lahi".
    it might be him

Amr bin Lahyo bin Harath bin Amr ul-Qais bin Thalaba bin Azd bin Khalan bin Babalyun bin Saba

imam anwar al awlaki also said that its in the hadith that he's in hell fire....being tormented severely

this is how innovation starts and where it gets you
    Last edited by vicious L; 06-09-09 at 05:52 AM.

Odan

imam anwar al awlaki also said that its in the hadith that he's in hell fire....being tormented severely .........
    There seems to be a slight misinterprettion. He could be tasting some of the torments of hell - in the barzakh - and not in the Hell.

Heaven and Hell are final destinations which will be filled only after the Day of Judgement (yawmul Qiyamah) and not before that.

actually he said that the Prophet(pbuh) saw a vision of him being tormented in hell....didnt say he was actually in hell

i heard imam anwar al awlaki speak of this man ..he also mentioned his name....

Mecca was a religious center for Arabs since the time of Abraham for he is the one who rebuilt the Kaaba the house of Allah ( God ) as place of worship to the only God , with time a new innovation came to being when one of the merchants who used to travel to Syria and palestine saw the people there worshiping idols and when he asked why they said : we don't worship them but we consider them as a intermediary between us and God ,he liked the idea and brought one to Mecca and put it in the Kaaba .When Arabs from other tribes saw this started to do the same and brought idols also one for each tribe till there were 360 of them inside the Kaaba and started to come every year to Mecca for to worship and bring with them gifts to those idols and gradually Mecca flourished and Meccans gained respect and status for they are the keepers of Kaaba .When prophet Muhammad came With the message of worshiping the one and only God they felt threatened by him ,so they they tried to dissuade him in evey way they can but he stood fast but they increased in harming him and even killing him ,so he decided to leave Mecca to Yethrib (later named Madin when he came to it)and started to promulgate his message from there till after 8 years came back victorious to Mecca and destroyed those idols but never payed them back in the same way they did to him, he forgave them and told the best of you be for Islam will keep their status .
    nice formatting akhi. do you want to make someone suffer from an epileptic shock?

**claps his hands slowly in sarcastic applause**

actually i copied that from yahoo answers ......i heard imam Anwar al awlaki say the same thing about that merchant ...thats why i posted it...i know many people know this