Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Tafseer Class, Tafseer Ibn Katheer, Saturday 6:30pm GMT (7:30pm BST/GMT+1) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Note: All classes are still on the old times of GMT, not GMT +1 a.k.a. BST, with the exception of the Tafseer Class, for that will be done at 7:30pm GMT, or 6:30pm GMT+1/BST

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Thread: Hounslow Masjid

Striving for Perfection Ibrahim70's Avatar

Hounslow Masjid

Ok peeps so I have a day off coming up soon and I've never visited the Masjid in Hounslow which is local to me.

Sooooooooooooo has anyone been there?

It looks beautiful from the pictures i've seen and im looking forward to driving over inshallah and checking it out in the flesh (well more brick than flesh to be honest ).
    “Allah does not place a burden upon a person except that which he is capable” (Al-Baqarah: 286)

Re: Hounslow Masjid

Is the big masjid???...thats a brevli masjid I have been told.

Any reason why you are specifically going there?

Quote Originally Posted by Umm_Ibrahim View Post
    Is the big masjid???...thats a brevli masjid I have been told.

Any reason why you are specifically going there?
    Just that its local (ish), a Masjid, and i got time on my hands lol.

Whats Brevil mean Bro? Sorry
    “Allah does not place a burden upon a person except that which he is capable” (Al-Baqarah: 286)

I'm sure there are others on here for whom it's their local masjid too but can't remember for sure. Was it 'malikone' who's from there?

i have been to the mosque a couple of times, its a nice mosque, i don't if it is brelvi though.

i havent been there yet. Only went to a salafi masjid near the new travelodge on bath road, in hounslow.

ive been there and Masha ALLAH, its an awesome masjid
    its not brelvi, i dono where you got that from. Its mixed with reverts, arabs, somalis and asians- thats what makes it special
    Also there are some very special brothers that pray there
    its not a brelvi masjid, i can assure you, though you may find brelvis praying there, but you'll also find salafis, deobandis etc.
    last year they had a really good recitor from Egypt for Ramadhan
    some knowledgable brothers pray there, so check it out insha ALLAH

Quote Originally Posted by talib al ilm View Post
    its not brelvi, i dono where you got that from. Its mixed with reverts, arabs, somalis and asians- thats what makes it special
    its not a brelvi masjid, i can assure you, though you may find brelvis praying there, but you'll also find salafis, deobandis etc.
    I like masjids which are mixed. There is one like that in southall when i stayed over for 2 nights previous week. Nice masjid. People say it is barelwi, but after praying maghrib there i can say that it is mixed. Can't wait to go tomorrow insha Allah.

Have you been to the brand new one in Acton.

I hear it looks really nice too.

you make it sound so nice I too love mixed Masjids as thats one of the first things about Islam that I fell in love with, so many different races uniting under Allah ta'ala.

So yes, I shall go there next week inshallah.

Quote Originally Posted by Umm_Ibrahim View Post
    Have you been to the brand new one in Acton.

I hear it looks really nice too.
    No I havent cause it isnt really that local to me, although i do drive though there on my way to Regents Park in London. Has anyone got a link for the new Acton Masjid?

its a sufi mosque.

The best provision? piety Mujib's Avatar

Ibrahima I have been there, was the the other day to open my fast, then got a munch...The imam there is taking a year out for sabbatical, He was our group leader for the Umrah trip.
    Get down to Woking mosque man!
    Never give the devil a ride, He will always want to drive

Odan

I personally avoid going to hounslow masjid for several reasons. They pray 20 for taraweeh, they do chanting and rituals after salaahs, my brother and cousin witnessed them doing sufi acts after fajr salaah(ya know with the hats and skirts twirling, then turning the lights off and claiming that one light in the middle is the prophet saw) Its confusing place and hard for me to understand.

I recommend Acton/Annoor masjid mashallah the unity there is brill, i really feel like part of the ummah whenever i go there mashallah. If i had a car would be there almost always, but till then......

Hounslow mosque is a beautiful mosque like all mosques, its run by Muslims and there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't go there. Please go there and post your experiences of visiting this mosque, insha'Allah that would be wonderful to read.

Also if you have time visit the central mosque (regent's park) or the mosque in Acton (not very far from Westfields in a car)
    "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

I agree with Salman, the comment by 1Muslimbychoice is just silly. It has no basis and causes more harm than good. Ajeeb - hats and skirts twirling,
    brother/sis you best hope its true otherwise you will be held accountable for making fabrications,
    praying 20 rakahs is no reason not to go there, they also pray 20 in Al Harram now and i think even East London masjid prays 20 -(not 100% sure)
    ive been to Hounslow masjid and the stuff your brother and cousin saw sounds strange, and unlikely. Also don't you think they exagerated a little
    lol or a lot?
    Brother Ibrahim, you should go to all masjids (except shia etc) because they all have people of ALLAH in there, and not everyone in a masjid will be the same, some people will just pray quietly and leave etc. and not get involved in politics or gossip. They will perform whats fard upon them and carry on with their business - these people exist in all masjids insha ALLAH

Odan

Apologies if i have angered or annoyed anyone with my comment but its true whether you choose to accept it or not. Sticking to the sunnah =most reward. Bro Ibrahim i have just stated my opinion but its your choice. I have no intention of upsetting people...

1muslimby choice speaks the truth, i have been their often, go cranford or pray jummah at feltham assembly hall.

Odan

'why thank you emaanrush'

Feltham assembly hall mashallah very local, and good for jummah. Inshallah there will be a masjid bi'idnillah,

Ibn al-Yaman

Quote Originally Posted by 1MuslimByChoice View Post
    I personally avoid going to hounslow masjid for several reasons. They pray 20 for taraweeh, they do chanting and rituals after salaahs, my brother and cousin witnessed them doing sufi acts after fajr salaah(ya know with the hats and skirts twirling, then turning the lights off and claiming that one light in the middle is the prophet saw) Its confusing place and hard for me to understand.

I recommend Acton/Annoor masjid mashallah the unity there is brill, i really feel like part of the ummah whenever i go there mashallah. If i had a car would be there almost always, but till then......
    Nothing wrong in 20 raka'ah but yes the other reasons you gave are a valid cause for concern.
    KNOW ALLAH KNOW PEACE
    NO ALLAH NO PEACE

::eek:: Re: Hounslow Masjid

'why thank you emaanrush'

Feltham assembly hall mashallah very local, and good for jummah. Inshallah there will be a masjid bi'idnillah,
    They bought the building for the musjid just raising funds to refurbish it.

As for hounslow mosque, as sister told me she was going to sit on a chair, and they said prophet muhammad spirt is sitting their???????????? They dont give salams unless your pakistani, if your a revert forget it, some scholars say were not allowed to pray behind them i only found that out recently.

[QUOTE=MWarrior;3431119]Nothing wrong in 20 raka'ah but yes the other reasons you gave are a valid cause for concern.[/QUO

8 is sunnah

Quote Originally Posted by EMAANrush View Post
    They bought the building for the musjid just raising funds to refurbish it.

As for hounslow mosque, as sister told me she was going to sit on a chair, and they said prophet muhammad spirt is sitting their???????????? They dont give salams unless your pakistani, if your a revert forget it, some scholars say were not allowed to pray behind them i only found that out recently.

I heard about that too. SOme of the bros from Cranford masjid used to go to the one in Hounslow until the Hounslow Mosque started doing this thing with the chair claiming that Prophet (saw) spirit was sitting there.

Very strange.

Ibn al-Yaman

8 is sunnah

I don't want to start another 8/20 debate here, there's plenty of threads on this. But to say praying 20 is wrong is totally incorrect. Those who follow the opinion of 8 accept the other opinion.

btw, In haramain they pray 20, surely you will not avoid ramadhan or taraweeh because of that.
    KNOW ALLAH KNOW PEACE
    NO ALLAH NO PEACE

Quote Originally Posted by Salman Al-Farsi View Post
    Also if you have time visit the central mosque (regent's park) or the mosque in Acton (not very far from Westfields in a car)
    I don't know. I always found Regents Park Masjid to be bland. I've been more than a few times and I felt nothing there. But maybe that's just me. Allaahu Alim.

Finishes reading the replies ....

Quote Originally Posted by Mujib View Post
    Ibrahima I have been there, was the the other day to open my fast, then got a munch...The imam there is taking a year out for sabbatical, He was our group leader for the Umrah trip.
    Get down to Woking mosque man!
    Ok ok lol Woking it is then Bro

for real? Thats a bit ummmmmmmmmmm ok i dont want to insult anyone here but, well thats not the Sunnah surely!

Acton? Yea I drive through there on the way to London down the A40 right? Well yea maybe I could check that out too. Thanks Bro

Quote Originally Posted by Salman Al-Farsi View Post
    Hounslow mosque is a beautiful mosque like all mosques, its run by Muslims and there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't go there. Please go there and post your experiences of visiting this mosque, insha'Allah that would be wonderful to read.

Acton Masjid (see above comment), Regents Park (im there next week inshallah), as for visiting Hounslow Masjid, well I would like to go to take a look and see it for myself I guess but maybe not next week, Woking/Acton/Regents Park are on the list now I think.

Brother Ibrahim, you should go to all masjids (except shia etc) because they all have people of ALLAH in there, and not everyone in a masjid will be the same, some people will just pray quietly and leave etc. and not get involved in politics or gossip. They will perform whats fard upon them and carry on with their business - these people exist in all masjids insha ALLAH
    Ok Bro thats good As i said earlier, I shall check it out soon inshallah, thanks for the advice.

Apologies if i have angered or annoyed anyone with my comment but its true whether you choose to accept it or not. Sticking to the sunnah =most reward. Bro Ibrahim i have just stated my opinion but its your choice. I have no intention of upsetting people...
    Hey its ok Bro no worries yea

thats crazy. No offence but, no forget I WANT to cause offence on this one................if they only give salaams if your Pakistani thats wrong, unislamic, and well just straight stupid, ignorant, and AARRGGHHHHH thats really got me mad reading that. I gonna swear in a second so I best move on....

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBro View Post
    I don't know. I always found Regents Park Masjid to be bland. I've been more than a few times and I felt nothing there. But maybe that's just me. Allaahu Alim.
    The Regents Park I suppose appears bland because the building seems very 1970's ish in design and looks old. Inside though its beautiful and especially the Prayer Hall

thats crazy. No offence but, no forget I WANT to cause offence on this one................if they only give salaams if your Pakistani thats wrong, unislamic, and well just straight stupid, ignorant, and AARRGGHHHHH thats really got me mad reading that. I gonna swear in a second so I best move on....

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
    Well I dont know what your laughing about

This is serious stuff we are talking about here. Islam was created by Allah, WE were created by Allah. Yes thats all of us, not just Arabs and Asians, but ALL OF US!!!!! Therefore as creations of Allah we must serve Allah and therefore follow his code of life, Islam. But if there are Muslims who wont accept Muslims from other races then what chance do we have in expanding the ummah

The best provision? piety Mujib's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim70 View Post
    Well I dont know what your laughing about

This is serious stuff we are talking about here. Islam was created by Allah, WE were created by Allah. Yes thats all of us, not just Arabs and Asians, but ALL OF US!!!!! Therefore as creations of Allah we must serve Allah and therefore follow his code of life, Islam. But if there are Muslims who wont accept Muslims from other races then what chance do we have in expanding the ummah
    You go girl
    Never give the devil a ride, He will always want to drive

out of curiousity. who are the people who do these chantings? shia? i am just intrigued

Quote Originally Posted by Mujib View Post
    You go girl
    Shut it boy, this is my time to shine

AsSalaamu 'alaykum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakaatuhu!

There is absolutely no doubt that Hounslow Masjid has dodgy practises, and there Nawaafil Salaah are not in accordance with the Sunnah either, I've been there & they chant after every Salaah, it's disturbing & highly discomforting because this is not the practise of Rasoolullaah (Sallallaahu 'alayhi wa Sallam), this is straight up Bid'ah. There are also too many dodgy accounts by other brothers & sisters that have attended there, better to stick with the Masaajid upon the manhaj of as-Salaf us-Saalih, Inshaa Allaah!; al-Muntada al-Islaami (Parsons Green), Masjid ibn Taymiyyah (Brixton), al-Manaar (Westbourne Park), Masjidun-Noor (Acton) North London Central Masjid (Finsbury Park), Masjid Tawheed (Leyton) etc etc

Odan

nearest place to work is feltham assembley hall, used for jummah only. nothing weird goes on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mujahid1982 View Post
    AsSalaamu 'alaykum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakaatuhu!

There is absolutely no doubt that Hounslow Masjid has dodgy practises, and there Nawaafil Salaah are not in accordance with the Sunnah either, I've been there & they chant after every Salaah, it's disturbing & highly discomforting because this is not the practise of Rasoolullaah (Sallallaahu 'alayhi wa Sallam), this is straight up Bid'ah. There are also too many dodgy accounts by other brothers & sisters that have attended there, better to stick with the Masaajid upon the manhaj of as-Salaf us-Saalih, Inshaa Allaah!; al-Muntada al-Islaami (Parsons Green), Masjid ibn Taymiyyah (Brixton), al-Manaar (Westbourne Park), Masjidun-Noor (Acton) North London Central Masjid (Finsbury Park), Masjid Tawheed (Leyton) etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by deen1984 View Post
    nearest place to work is feltham assembley hall, used for jummah only. nothing weird goes on there.
    Brothers

Im staying clear of the Hounslow Masjid it seems!

Odan

hehe...

If its the white masjid in hounslow, the imam is/was sulmani saab, and they are a branch from minhaj ul quran aka barelvia

Thats IF IT is the white one on the corner, beautiful look one which is run by pakistanis.

Quote Originally Posted by QMU View Post
    hehe...

If its the white masjid in hounslow, the imam is/was sulmani saab, and they are a branch from minhaj ul quran aka barelvia

Thats IF IT is the white one on the corner, beautiful look one which is run by pakistanis.
    1212a.jpg

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim70 View Post
    Brothers

Im staying clear of the Hounslow Masjid it seems!

I wouldnt go that far. If its your local, pray, if you have other alternatives fine, if not then pray there.

Quote Originally Posted by QMU View Post
    I wouldnt go that far. If its your local, pray, if you have other alternatives fine, if not then pray there.
    It's not my local, about 35 minutes drive from me, but it just looks like a beautiful Masjid so I wanted to know less about the concrete and more about the Brothers who pray/teach there.

Ive been to Hounslow mosque many times as im in the area occasionally

Have I witnessed the spirit in the chair claim? No
    Have I witnessed people dancing and chanting? No
    Have I witnessed people returning salam only to Pakistani's? No
    Is it haram to pray there? No

some of the observations of the people here are either very RARE or exaggerated.

If I was going to avoid a mosque it would probably be a Salafi one - I don't get the "welcome" feeling!
    Remember the destroyer of all pleasures: Death.

Brothers who cares if the mosque is salafi or brevli ...etc

Its Allahs House. Pray and do your thing.

To all those saying that in hounslow masjid that people won't say salaam to you unless you are Pakistani. This is absolute nonesense and nothing but slander. I am a revert who took my shahada at Hounslow masjid a few years back and I used to be a regular there before I moved out of the area. Everyone is always friendly and no one has ever rejected my salaams. Before I became muslim I visted Hounslow masjid just to see what a mosque is like and I was so impressed by the atmosphere that it was a major influencing factor on me becoming a muslim. Since I have moved out of the area I have not found a mosque that can compare and I travel back from time to time and I am never disapointed. Alot of people like to slander the mosque and fabricate incidents. I have never witnessed such incidents there and yes there are sufis, hanafis, breilvies, malikis etc etc it's very mixed.