Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why is it haraam to dye your hair black.

I wanted to dye my hair black, but I heard is haraam apprently. How come?

Re: Why is it haraam to dye your hair black.

As far as I know, it is makruh for the old people with very white hair.
    No problem with youngers (if I am not wrong).
    Ex Oriente Lux

Chillin' with my axe

But what if your natural hair color is almost black?
    Ex Oriente Lux

CoolKid

Yes, the dying of your hair black is haraam. This is because it makes you look young again and you're fooling people. Even if your natural hair colout is black, your hair cannot be dyed black at all. Hope this helps.

I'm a brother!

Quote Originally Posted by CoolKid View Post
    Yes, the dying of your hair black is haraam. This is because it makes you look young again and you're fooling people. Even if your natural hair colout is black, your hair cannot be dyed black at all. Hope this helps.
    There must be another reason than making you look young because people with brown hair can use brown to make them look young, people with blonde hair can use blonde colour to make them look young. It is a little unfair that people with black hair cannot use black. So there must be another reason why black cannot be used.

ÑÏ : Re: Why is it haraam to dye your hair black.

why would any muslim use the term "its a little unfair", regarding anything of the sunnah?

whether its men about wearing gold, silk, dyeing their hair black or anything else in islam?

or women complaining about staying home, wearing hijab, not intermingling, or anything else in islam?

how can a muslim ever say anything from ArRahman and rahmatul alameen is unfair?

fear Allah
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Odan

Re: ÑÏ : Re: Why is it haraam to dye your hair black.

deleted
    Tajweed lessons: RSS Feed

I'm a brother!

Re: ÑÏ : Re: Why is it haraam to dye your hair black.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMubarak View Post
    why would any muslim use the term "its a little unfair", regarding anything of the sunnah?

whether its men about wearing gold, silk, dyeing their hair black or anything else in islam?

or women complaining about staying home, wearing hijab, not intermingling, or anything else in islam?

how can a muslim ever say anything from ArRahman and rahmatul alameen is unfair?

fear Allah
    Why is it ok for a brunette haired person to use brunette hair colour to hide grays, but not ok for a black haired person to use black to hide grays? Both are doing it to look younger. By the way, I don't colour my hair at all.

yes im 43 alhamdulillah

http://www.daruliftaa.com/question.a...nID=q-18494655

It is permissible, rather recommended (mandub) to dye the hair of the head (and beard for men) provided the ingredients used in the hair dye are Halal.

Sayyiduna Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Change the old age (white/grey hair), and do not imitate the Jews.” (Sunan Tirmidhi, no.1752 & Sunan Nasa’i)

The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) also stated:

“The best dye to change your old age is Henna (a red plant dye) and Katm (type of grass).” (Sunan Tirmidhi, no. 1753 & others)

There is a difference of opinion among the scholars on whether the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) himself dyed his hair. However Sayyiduna Abu Bakr and Sayyiduna Umar ibn al-Khattab (Allah be pleased with them both) did dye the hair of their head and beard, thus it will be classed as recommended (mandub), if not Sunnah.

The great Hanafi Imam, Ala’ al-Din al-Haskafi states in his Durr al-Mukhtar:

“It is recommended for men to dye their hair (of the head) and beard, even outside war.” (Durr al-Mukhtar, 5: 271)

It is stated in the famous Hanafi Fiqh reference book al-Fatawa al-Hindiyyah:

“The scholars have all unanimously agreed that it is a Sunnah for men to dye the hair of their head and beard with red colour. It is also considered a sign of Muslims.” (5/329)

Pure black dye

The foregoing explanation was regarding using dye other than the colour of black. The ruling on using pure black hair dye will defer according to the reason one uses it for.

1) If a warrior (mujahid) used black hair dye in order to put awe and fear into the hearts and minds of the enemy, then all the scholars agree that it is permissible. (al-Fatawa al-Hindiyya, 5/329)

2) To use pure black dye in order to deceive somebody, e.g. a prospective fiancé or in order to get a job, etc, then this (according to all) is impermissible.

Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Mas’ud (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah said: “Whosoever deceives us is not from us.” (Sahih ibn Hibban)

3) The third situation is when pure black dye is used for adornment, meaning the husband or the wife uses it in order to please the spouse. The scholars have differed with regards to the ruling in such a case.

Many Hanafi jurists (fuqaha) have said that to use pure black dye is not permissible, even for the purpose of adornment.

The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said:

“There will be people who will come later (in my Ummah) and apply black dye. They will not even smell the fragrance of paradise.” (Sunan Abu Dawud, 2/578)

In another Hadith the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “…Abstain from using black dye.” (Sahih Muslim)

However other scholars including the great Hanafi jurist and student of Imam Abu Hanifa, Imam Abu Yusuf (Allah have mercy on him) permitted the using of black dye for adornment, especially the wife, to adorn herself for her husband. It has also been narrated from some of the companions such as: Sayyiduna Uthman, Sayyiduna Hasan, Sayyiduna Husain & others (Allah be pleased with them all) that they used black colour dye.

Imam Abu Yusuf also permitted it for men in order to adorn themselves for their wives. His words are:

“As I desire my wife to adorn herself for me, she also desires that I adorn myself for her.” (Radd al-Muhtar)

Imam al-Haskafi states in Durr al-Mukhtar:

“It is recommended for men to dye their hair and beard, even outside war according to the sounder opinion. The sounder opinion is that the Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) did not do it. It is disliked with black, though some said it is not.” (See: Radd al-Muhtar ala al-Durr al-Mukhtar)

My respected teacher, Shaykh Mufti Taqi Usmani (may Allah preserve him) says:

“The final word regarding the using of black dye is that, it will not be considered unlawful (haram), although disliked (makruh). The prohibition in the Hadith will be explained as in when one uses it to deceive others.” (Taqrir Tirmidhi, 2/354)

It should also be remembered here that the above discussion is when the dye is pure black. However, if it is not pure, rather it is dark or black-inclined; it would be permissible to apply it.
    Also, the dying of hair will not affect the validity of ablutions (wudu) or obligatory bath (ghusl), because the coating is not considered a perceptible barrier.

In conclusion, it is recommended to dye the hair (for men and women) with other than pure black colour. To use pure black dye in order to deceive others is unlawful (haram), and totally permissible for a Mujahid engaged in Jihad. As far as using it for adornment purposes,
    it will be disliked.

And Allah Knows Best

Muhammad ibn Adam
    Darul Iftaa
    Leicester , UK

I'm a brother!

Quote Originally Posted by AHMED BHAI View Post
    http://www.daruliftaa.com/question.a...nID=q-18494655

It is permissible, rather recommended (mandub) to dye the hair of the head (and beard for men) provided the ingredients used in the hair dye are Halal.

Sayyiduna Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Change the old age (white/grey hair), and do not imitate the Jews.” (Sunan Tirmidhi, no.1752 & Sunan Nasa’i)

The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) also stated:

“The best dye to change your old age is Henna (a red plant dye) and Katm (type of grass).” (Sunan Tirmidhi, no. 1753 & others)

There is a difference of opinion among the scholars on whether the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) himself dyed his hair. However Sayyiduna Abu Bakr and Sayyiduna Umar ibn al-Khattab (Allah be pleased with them both) did dye the hair of their head and beard, thus it will be classed as recommended (mandub), if not Sunnah.

The great Hanafi Imam, Ala’ al-Din al-Haskafi states in his Durr al-Mukhtar:

“It is recommended for men to dye their hair (of the head) and beard, even outside war.” (Durr al-Mukhtar, 5: 271)

It is stated in the famous Hanafi Fiqh reference book al-Fatawa al-Hindiyyah:

“The scholars have all unanimously agreed that it is a Sunnah for men to dye the hair of their head and beard with red colour. It is also considered a sign of Muslims.” (5/329)

Pure black dye

The foregoing explanation was regarding using dye other than the colour of black. The ruling on using pure black hair dye will defer according to the reason one uses it for.

1) If a warrior (mujahid) used black hair dye in order to put awe and fear into the hearts and minds of the enemy, then all the scholars agree that it is permissible. (al-Fatawa al-Hindiyya, 5/329)

2) To use pure black dye in order to deceive somebody, e.g. a prospective fiancé or in order to get a job, etc, then this (according to all) is impermissible.

Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Mas’ud (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah said: “Whosoever deceives us is not from us.” (Sahih ibn Hibban)

3) The third situation is when pure black dye is used for adornment, meaning the husband or the wife uses it in order to please the spouse. The scholars have differed with regards to the ruling in such a case.

Many Hanafi jurists (fuqaha) have said that to use pure black dye is not permissible, even for the purpose of adornment.

“There will be people who will come later (in my Ummah) and apply black dye. They will not even smell the fragrance of paradise.” (Sunan Abu Dawud, 2/578)

In another Hadith the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “…Abstain from using black dye.” (Sahih Muslim)

However other scholars including the great Hanafi jurist and student of Imam Abu Hanifa, Imam Abu Yusuf (Allah have mercy on him) permitted the using of black dye for adornment, especially the wife, to adorn herself for her husband. It has also been narrated from some of the companions such as: Sayyiduna Uthman, Sayyiduna Hasan, Sayyiduna Husain & others (Allah be pleased with them all) that they used black colour dye.

Imam Abu Yusuf also permitted it for men in order to adorn themselves for their wives. His words are:

“As I desire my wife to adorn herself for me, she also desires that I adorn myself for her.” (Radd al-Muhtar)

Imam al-Haskafi states in Durr al-Mukhtar:

“It is recommended for men to dye their hair and beard, even outside war according to the sounder opinion. The sounder opinion is that the Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) did not do it. It is disliked with black, though some said it is not.” (See: Radd al-Muhtar ala al-Durr al-Mukhtar)

My respected teacher, Shaykh Mufti Taqi Usmani (may Allah preserve him) says:

“The final word regarding the using of black dye is that, it will not be considered unlawful (haram), although disliked (makruh). The prohibition in the Hadith will be explained as in when one uses it to deceive others.” (Taqrir Tirmidhi, 2/354)

It should also be remembered here that the above discussion is when the dye is pure black. However, if it is not pure, rather it is dark or black-inclined; it would be permissible to apply it.
    Also, the dying of hair will not affect the validity of ablutions (wudu) or obligatory bath (ghusl), because the coating is not considered a perceptible barrier.

In conclusion, it is recommended to dye the hair (for men and women) with other than pure black colour. To use pure black dye in order to deceive others is unlawful (haram), and totally permissible for a Mujahid engaged in Jihad. As far as using it for adornment purposes,
    it will be disliked.

And Allah Knows Best

Muhammad ibn Adam
    Darul Iftaa
    Leicester , UK
    So it's ok for an old white haired Caucasian to dye his hair blonde (the original hair colour of his youth) to deceive a potential spouse?

But it's not ok for an old white haired Asian to dye his hair black (the original hair colour of his youth) to deceive a potential spouse?

Quote Originally Posted by nami View Post
    So it's ok for an old white haired Caucasian to dye his hair blonde (the original hair colour of his youth) to deceive a potential spouse?

But it's not ok for an old white haired Asian to dye his hair black (the original hair colour of his youth) to deceive a potential spouse?

are you implying that Allah(swt) and His Prophet(pbuh) are racist?

isn't "the prophet(pbuh) said: ...." not sufficient for you?
    وَأَن لَّيْسَ لِلإِنسَـنِ إِلاَّ مَا سَعَى

I'm a brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Salahudin View Post

are you implying that Allah(swt) and the Prophet(pbuh) are racist?

i would assume that "the prophet(pbuh) said: ...." is not sufficient for you?
    No, If you re-read that fatwa, it says that a person with black hair tried to deceive someone by colouring his hair black. The prophet (pbuh) did not like that, fair enough, i have no problem with that, why would I? But why is it ok to dye your hair blonde to deceive a potential spouse?

I understand that in those days in saudi, most people had black hair, but now that islam is international, not everyone has black hair.

As time goes on, scholars normally, "update" their fatwas to take more people into account. It seems that this fatwa has not been updated yet.

Imagin person 1 has black hair, and person 2 has blonde hair. Person one does haraam for colouring his hair black to look young, but person 2 gets no sin for colouring his hair blonde. Shouldn't it be that both are sinning, but trying to look young to deceive a potential souse by colouring their hair their original colour?
    Last edited by nami; 27-07-09 at 11:07 AM.

brother your looking for a problem that isn't there.

if you dye your hair any color to deceive people it is haraam! period!
    وَأَن لَّيْسَ لِلإِنسَـنِ إِلاَّ مَا سَعَى

I'm a brother!

Exactly, that is the point I am trying to make!

Is it that the colour black is haraam for hair colour, or is it that if you colour your hair to deceive, it is haraam?

In that case, if I have black hair and I dye it very dark brown. Will I not look younger?

yes im 43 alhamdulillah

the great Hanafi jurist and student of Imam Abu Hanifa, Imam Abu Yusuf (Allah have mercy on him) permitted the using of black dye for adornment, especially the wife, to adorn herself for her husband. It has also been narrated from some of the companions such as: Sayyiduna Uthman, Sayyiduna Hasan, Sayyiduna Husain & others (Allah be pleased with them all) that they used black colour dye.

“As I desire my wife to adorn herself for me, she also desires that I adorn myself for her.”

I'm a brother!

the great Hanafi jurist and student of Imam Abu Hanifa, Imam Abu Yusuf (Allah have mercy on him) permitted the using of black dye for adornment, especially the wife, to adorn herself for her husband. It has also been narrated from some of the companions such as: Sayyiduna Uthman, Sayyiduna Hasan, Sayyiduna Husain & others (Allah be pleased with them all) that they used black colour dye.

“As I desire my wife to adorn herself for me, she also desires that I adorn myself for her.”
    How about these hadith?

It seems they are not condeming black hair colour for the purpose of deceiving as ANY hair colour can be used for that purpose. So what are those 2 hadith refering to, why is black hair colour bad?

What does it means by pure black dye?? I dont understand this? I never seen pure black dye unless its the ones with chemicals they sell in the US

Brother, what about products that restore the hair colour gradually like Restoria, Grecian. Although this is not a dye as such, it does the same job but it targets at the roots. Thus resulting in natural hair restoration.

Another option is to use dark brown colour dye. Although not completely black. Maybe this may blend in with black hair.

The above 2 options may help in avoiding 'black dye' altogether. Any advise on this?

I'm a brother!

Also, don't forget about hair colour and wudhu. If the hair colour does not allow the water to reach your actual hair, your wudhu is invalid.

AW: Why is it haraam to dye your hair black.

I dont think it could be haraam.

Also, don't forget about hair colour and wudhu. If the hair colour does not allow the water to reach your actual hair, your wudhu is invalid.
    unless u are "dying" your hair with gloss paint this isnt an issue, there is no hair dye that does not let water permeate the hair.

as for dying the hair black and scholars permitting this would anyone want to risk jannah over it...the scholars get a reward even if they make a mistake, what does the one who blindly takes the word of men over the word of rasoolAllah get ...

the hadiths are very clear.

"O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

i recently heard someone say it was permissible for them to work in a bank and deal in riba because they had a fatwa from a shaikh of al azhar ...despite knowing what Allah ta ala has clearly stated in the Quran about riba, he claimed the blame would fall on the shaikh on the day of judgment and the shaikh would take the sin of him working in a bank because he gave the permission for it, so no blame fell on him as he was just following what the shaikh said ...
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

I'm a brother!

Quote Originally Posted by ~asiya~ View Post
    as for dying the hair black and scholars permitting this would anyone want to risk jannah over it...the scholars get a reward even if they make a mistake, what does the one who blindly takes the word of men over the word of rasoolAllah get ...

the hadiths are very clear.

If the fatwa was clear, why is it ok for a blonde haired person to look younger by colouring his hair blonde to hide any greys, yet it is haraam for a black haired person to colour his hair black to hide his greys?

If the fatwa was clear, why is it ok for a blonde haired person to look younger by colouring his hair blonde to hide any greys, yet it is haraam for a black haired person to colour his hair black to hide his greys?
    because the prophet said so..

" It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed into a plain error "

al-Ahzaab 33:36

The Prophet Salallahu alleyhi wa salam said

"All of my Ummah Will Enter Jannah Except Those Who Refuse "

The Companions Asked "But Who Would Refuse!"

He, Salallahu alleyhi wa salam Replied

"Whoever Obeys Me Will Enter Paradise and Whoever Disobeys Me Has Refused to Enter Paradise"

Sahih Al Bukhari
    Last edited by *asiya*; 28-07-09 at 10:12 AM.

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

I'm a brother!

because the prophet said so..

" It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed into a plain error "

al-Ahzaab 33:36

The Prophet Salallahu alleyhi wa salam said

"All of my Ummah Will Enter Jannah Except Those Who Refuse "

The Companions Asked "But Who Would Refuse!"

He, Salallahu alleyhi wa salam Replied

"Whoever Obeys Me Will Enter Paradise and Whoever Disobeys Me Has Refused to Enter Paradise"

Sahih Al Bukhari
    LOL, i KNOW what the HADITH says, but the conclusion the FATWAS are giving is strange! Please re-read my posts. I am NOT questioning the HADITH, I am questioning the conclusion of the FATWA!!!

Again, please RE-READ my posts.

LOL, i KNOW what the HADITH says, but the conclusion the FATWAS are giving is strange! Please re-read my posts. I am NOT questioning the HADITH, I am questioning the conclusion of the FATWA!!!

Again, please RE-READ my posts.
    bro skip the fatwah and stick with what the prophet said, there was no reason specified by Allah or his messenger as to why its not permissible, so just take it as it is. i can tell u as a hairdresser that its extremely rare for anyone to have actual jet black hair, i havent seen anyone from any race with this colour hair yet, cos when u compare it to dyed black hair its not the same colour at all. natural hair might look black to the naked eye, but when u put black dye against it, the natural hair was not actually jet black at all.

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

I'm a brother!

bro skip the fatwah and stick with what the prophet said, there was no reason specified by Allah or his messenger as to why its not permissible, so just take it as it is. i can tell u as a hairdresser that its extremely rare for anyone to have actual jet black hair, i havent seen anyone from any race with this colour hair yet, cos when u compare it to dyed black hair its not the same colour at all. might look black to the naked eye, but when u put dye against it, its not actually jet black at all.
    All I am saying is that in those days black was probably common hair colour. So when someone coloured their hair black for deception reasons, the prophet (pbuh) got angry. Now, if in those days blonde was "the common hair colour", most likely the same would have been said about blonde hair colour too.

Can you see what I am getting it. So as fatwas are normally updated as time goes on by scholars, the fatwa which says black is haraam for deception reasons, probably needs to be updated to say that all colours are haraam for deception reasons, then quoting the hadith which is referring to the black hair colour.
    Last edited by nami; 28-07-09 at 10:25 AM.

All I am saying is that in those days black was probably the colour of most muslims hair. So when someone coloured their hair black for deception reasons, the prophet (pbuh) got angry. Now, if in those days blonde was "the main hair colour", most likely the same would have been said about blonde hair colour too.

Can you see what I am getting it. So as fatwas are normally updated as time goes on by scholars, the fatwa which says black is haraam for deception reasons, probably needs to be updated to say that all colours are haraam for deception reasons, then quoting the hadith which is referring to the black hair colour.
    bro islam doesnt get "updated" fatawah are islamic rulings which should be based on what Allah ta ala and his messenger have stated. the hadith does not mentioned why it is haram, just that it is haram, so end of eh. if there was a hadith about blonde hair, brown hair,whatever, then fine, but there isnt so thats that. Allah perfected this deen for us and did not negect to tell us anything, so speculating about why Allah`s messenger didnt mention other colour hair isnt a good idea because Allah ta ala knows His creation very well, and certainly there were ppl that Allah ta ala created with all colours of hair in the time of the prophet

and like i said u might think someone has black hair but u put a black hair colour on and beleive me u can easily tell who has fake dyed hair. it doesn't look natural at all.

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

yes im 43 alhamdulillah

I'm a brother!

bro islam doesnt get "updated" fatawah are islamic rulings which should be based on what Allah ta ala and his messenger have stated. the hadith does not mentioned why it is haram, just that it is haram, so end of eh. if there was a hadith about blonde hair, brown hair,whatever, then fine, but there isnt so thats that. Allah perfected this deen for us and did not negect to tell us anything, so speculating about why Allah`s messenger didnt mention other colour hair isnt a good idea because Allah ta ala knows His creation very well, and certainly there were ppl that Allah ta ala created with all colours of hair in the time of the prophet

and like i said u might think someone has black hair but u put a black hair colour on and beleive me u can easily tell who has fake dyed hair. it doesn't look natural at all.
    sis, trust me. Fatwas are updated all the time!!! When scholars learn new things as time goes on, they start understanding quran and hadith better, so they end up updating their fatwas.

One example is that donating organs was haraam back in the day. The fatwas said something along the lines of. The body is owned by allah, so no human has the right to extract anything from it, as it is not ours to extract from.

Now, the fatwa has been updated to say that organ donations are allowed, because science has proven that it can help humans!

So fatwas DO change!!!

And you are right, the quran is perfect, what the prophet said is perfect, but scholars are NOT perfect, fatwas are NOT perfect!

bro look we are told by rasoolAllah that when the hair gets grey to dye it.

we are told by rasoolAllah that it is haram to dye the hair black.

so if u want to outlaw by fatwah every other hair colour as well as black then what colour will u be dying your hair ?

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

I'm a brother!

bro look we are told by rasoolAllah that when the hair gets grey to dye it.

we are told by rasoolAllah that it is haram to dye the hair black.

so if u want to outlaw by fatwah every other hair colour as well as black then what colour will u be dying your hair ?
    just don't dye your hair your original colour. simple right? the person in the hadith had black hair, so he dyed it black to deceive which is haraam as said in the hadith.

blonde people should not dye their hair blonde, dye it any other colour.

the whole point of that hadith/fatwa was that you are not allowed to dye your hair to look younger to deceive, you can use any colour to do that.

do we literally follow commands and say that black is haraam, or do we study it and release what it actually means? do we literally try translate the quran and start killing all kafir or do we study it and realise that that particular verse was refering to a specific event in the past???
    Last edited by nami; 28-07-09 at 10:49 AM.

la howla wala qawata illah billah..im guessing by this rationale ur trying to use, that ur hair is black..

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

I'm a brother!

la howla wala qawata illah billah..im guessing by this rationale ur trying to use, that ur hair is black..
    No, I have dark brown hair, I just thought, wow, interesting that I can dye my hair brown to look young, but a black haired person cannot dye his hair black...

yes im 43 alhamdulillah

i dye my hair black

i dye my hair black
    la howla wala qawata illah billah

“There will be people who will come later (in my Ummah) and apply black dye. They will not even smell the fragrance of paradise.”
    (Sunan Abu Dawud, 2/578)

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

yes im 43 alhamdulillah

2 antiterror raids,the most publicised event in u.k history,personal details all over the net and newspaper archives

oppressed and followed and on hate sites and hit lists

ALLAH KNOWS BEST

INFACT muslims are even allowed to look a certain way,bigger and menacing ,and theres more i know but will keep it to myself

do not judge,for some knowledge will always remain private
    Last edited by AHMED BHAI; 28-07-09 at 11:30 AM.

2 antiterror raids,the most publicised event in u.k history,personal details all over the net and newspaper archives

oppressed and followed and on hate sites and more

ALLAH KNOWS BEST
    and that make it permissible for u to dye your hair black because ?

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

I'm a brother!

Anyway, going back to my original question. Why is black so bad when a blonde person can use blonde to achieve the same objective which the person in the hadith tried to achieve with black hair? Clearly black is BAD, but why when the same can be done with blonde for a blonde haired person, why is blonde ok?

example

black hair man, 50 years old, wants to cover up some greys, so dyes his hair black = guaranteed hell
    blonde hair man, 50 years old, wants to cover up some greys, so dyes his hair blonde = not guaranteed hell ...

How come?

Maybe I should rephrase my question. Why does blonde hair dye not guarantee you hell if you use it to look younger?
    Last edited by nami; 28-07-09 at 11:33 AM.