Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Mustalahul Hadeeth & Hanafi Fiqh Class with Abu Mus'ab Tuesday from 7:30PM GMT (8:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here. - And here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    http://www.hearthijab.com Phoenix CG's Avatar

halal food recipes for high protein diet?

Salaam,

can anyone point in the right direction for some halal recipes like no alcohol to add to it n crap. for a high protein diet, big fan of chicken breast so anything to do with that, no meat dont like meat.

And anything nice with fish, with less bones, i hate bones.

basically anything high protein.

Re: halal food recipes for high protein diet?

thanks to kee kee, i just made a chicken tikka masala, i am not even joking, it tastes freaking amazing, proper proper amazing, i cant fault it at all, theres no, i wish i added this or that, its perfect! thanks keekee!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix CG View Post
    thanks to kee kee, i just made a chicken tikka masala, i am not even joking, it tastes freaking amazing, proper proper amazing, i cant fault it at all, theres no, i wish i added this or that, its perfect! thanks keekee!
    Share the recipe...

Today, after workout Im making lamb steak with humus

http://www.recipedelights.com/recipe...ikkamasala.htm

thats the recipe, proper proper nice man, i did substitute a few things as i didnt have em, and used yogurt instead of cream.

your welcome!
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

can anyone suggest anything to make? i dont know what to make, im running low on ideas, again not carbs...no heavy pasta or anything

another question regarding naan, is it a waste of space to have naan? would it be better that i eat curry and chicken with rice rather than naan, what is the benefits of having naan?

rice will give me carbs so more energy for exercise

but naan, what does that produce?

depends on the kind of rice and the kind of flour the naan is made of. white rice and white bread products are both carbs, but they are broken down very quickly in the body, giving a sugar high followed by a sugar low that leaves you craving unhealthy foods. Wholegrain rice, or naan bread made from wholegrain flour would be a much better option, as these take much longer to be broken down by the body, giving you a steady and long lasting supply of sugars in the blood. If you are following a high protein diet along with a good exercise programme in order to improve your body composition, then the wholegrain carbs are a must, as this will not only regulate your appetite, stopping you craving unhealthy snacks, it will also give you a decent, sustained level of energy while you are working out.

Regards recipes, any healthy recipe can be halal-ified, look up recipes and food for body building, these are all high protein, relatively low in carbs (you can always give yourself a smaller portion of carbs and a little more protein than the recipe says) --- these kinds of recipes rarely include pig meat because it is very high in fat. Generally they include chicken breast or steak with the fat cut off. Also, such recipes are unlikely to contain alcohol because health conscious people generally avoid it (its high in calories and not good for you) - but even if a recipe calls for a dash of red wine, you can replace it with a dash of grape juice mixed with grape vinegar.

awesome, thanks for that, ill find out what rice i have and what kind of flour i have, yeah i need sustained energy levels, so will make sure i get wholegrains.

will also check those recipes, found some but they seemed blimmin dull, i wanna spice it up n that

Proper nutrition for a bodybuilder:

• eat 5-6 small, well balanced meals a day each with 15-25g protein (Damn 5?! a lot of cooking!)
    • eat lots of veggies (CRAP)
    • eat less than 10% of your calories from fat (yeah easy)
    • eat only whole grain carbs - no sweeteners or white flour products (yep yep)

friggin heck i need to have protein shake in morning
    protein shake at night, so that cuts out 2 meals

yeah i guess that makes it easier...they have around 70grams of protein together so is quite a lot.

chicken should gimme a good deal 20grams ish and same as protein
    hm maybe have fish based food for lunch, chicken for dinner and for breakfast have beans on toast or something,

i get a feeling that i might be going the wrong way about it?

cook meals in large batches and stick one meal sized portions in the freezer, then microwave them when you need to. real food is always better than protein shakes, although a protein shake does fine when you can't get real food. Try to plan for more meals and fewer shakes if you can.

Don't forget eggs as a fine source of protein, if keeping fat levels low is a priority, just eat the whites, donate the yolks to someone else in the family. (the white of eggs is almost pure protein)

regards breakfast - most important meal of the day! - a wholegrain cerial (more than 70% wholegrains) plus skimmed milk makes a great breakfast, you can add some protein powder if you want to increase the protein, or have an egg with it (for a more natural approach as real food is always better than powdered foods)

Regarding not having more than 10% of calories from fat... not sure that is the best idea. The kind of fat you have is very important, some healthy fats actually protect against obesity, plus there are fat soluble vitamins and essential fatty acids which are found in healthy fats, that you definitely do not want to deprive yourself of. To avoid getting fat or to lose fat, the amount of fat you eat does not matter, what matters is that the overall amount of food you eat is not too much. To avoid getting fat, you must eat no more than what you burn, to lose excess fat you must eat slightly less than you burn (too much less puts you in starvation mode which is very bad news all round). You can eat nothing but fat, if you burn off everything you eat you won't put on fat. (not that I'd advise eating nothing but fat - cutting out any major food group (fruit/veg ; carbs ; protein ; fat) is bad news for your body and your nutrition and athletic performance will suffer, plus it is hard to maintain such a diet for long periods, both the atkins (no carb) and the low fat diets are good for short term fat loss, but people on them get fat again later on because the body craves the missing nutrients and no-one wants to eat like that for the rest of their lives. whatever eating plan you do, you need to be able to stick to it realistically 95% of the time (occasional treats, trips to restaurants etc, being allowed exceptions)

Don't dis veggies either... they are chock full of nutrients your body needs, plus they fill you up, helping your body's appetite to regulate itself, meaning you avoid putting on excess fat.
    Last edited by dhak1yya; 27-07-09 at 05:12 PM.

thank you very much for posting this info, i actually made this thread hoping you would see it.

I dont have any brown flour its all white, and i got tons of it left.

i didnt know that the egg whites were pure protein, i will have eggs for lunch or with something else in that case then ia.

yeah i eat muesli for breakfast, my protein shakes are all flavoured so would make my cereal taste rank

yeah but thats what i dont want, to regulate my appetite, i have a very small appetite when i eat but i tend to get hungry very quickly.

just put some coconut chicken on the cooker, left it to boil, mmm smells so good

regarding your appetite, you do want to regulate it, because if you start overeating you will just get fat. Eating little and often will help you the most I think. The 5-6 meals a day thing for building muscle translates as 5 meals for women, 6 meals for men. This is because men require more calories to stay alive than women do. (this way of eating and exercising is perfectly healthy for women, but women will not put on muscle in the way men do, because their hormones are different - women will become toned rather than muscular. this lifestyle is very good for losing excess fat, for men and for women, not just for gaining muscle. The difference is to lose fat eat slightly less than you burn, to put on muscle eat slightly more than you burn, for general fitness and good health without the need to lose fat or gain muscle, eat the same as what you burn)

If you want to put on healthy weight (muscle) you need to do lots of weight training - but not too much or you will never give your body a chance to build muscle - and eat a high protein diet, eat slightly more than you burn off (how much you weigh is pure maths (see above), doing the weight training and having amino acids from protein in your blood determines if the excess food is converted into muscle or fat - lack of amino acids (protein) and lack of muscle building exercise will stop you putting on muscle.

Also make sure you get plenty of calcium (dairy products plus dark green vegetables) because as your muscle strength increases your bone density should increase too.

One thing that is very important, is that you don't overtrain. When it comes to weight training, less is definitely more. Never work the same muscles on two consecutive days. For beginners a whole body workout 2-3 times a week (never on two consecutive days!) is fine, for more experienced gym bunnies, you can do a split routine, e.g. legs on monday, upper body on tuesday, legs on thursday, upper body on friday etc. Rest days are essential because it is during the resting phase that your body actually builds muscle. Also a constant supply of protein in the blood is very important. hence 5-6 small meals a day each containing protein, rather than 3 large meals a day.

Also, cardio exercise (jogging, cycling etc) is great for fat loss, but if you are the kind of person that does not put weight on easily and you want to put on more weight, too much cardio can be very counter productive. You need about 15 mins cardio three times a week to keep your heart healthy (making sure of course that you actually get your heart rate up and are out of breath etc) - if you find it hard to put on weight but want to, limit your cardio to this much per week.

look what i madeeeee

coconut flavoured chicken with tandoori spices, and lemon. with cream (i know but i accidentally left it to cook for too long and lost a lot of the curry)

proper tastes awesome though

but its feels poo cas i got no one the share it with

will read ur post after i finish eating, thanks dhakiyya, its very useful info and i will apply it ia from tommorow well try with what i have
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapshot_20090727.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	36587  

Account Disabled

I am not a big meat fan especially not red meat or eggs for that matter. nothing but fish .

what do you call people who dont eat meat but eat chicken?

not strictly on topic but i thought it might be of interest to someone here as its a bout training and fasting. its from a website thats called stronglifts.com.

"Eat Stop Eat: How to Build Muscle and Lose Fat by Fasting

Posted: 28 Jul 2009 04:00 AM PDT

I first read about fasting in Steve Justa’s book Rock Iron Steel. He recommends fasting once a week for 20-24 hours. This would make you stronger and clean your body by getting all the toxins out of it.

A few years later I tried Ori Hofmekler’s Warrior Diet. On this diet you alternate daily 20h fasts with 4 hour feedings. I quit this diet after a few days because getting all your calories within a 4 hour time frame didn’t suit my lifestyle.

I didn’t give fasting much consideration after this. Until a few weeks ago while preparing the post How Many Meals Should You Eat Daily. Researching how meal frequency affects your metabolism got me interested in fasting again.

Studies show that eating every 3 hours doesn’t increase your metabolism. Less frequent meals or fasting doesn’t decrease your metabolism neither. Fasting can actually boost your metabolism during the first 36 hours.

But that wasn’t why I wanted to give fasting another try.

Your Relation with Food. For years I ate healthy from Monday to Saturday. On Sunday I ate mostly junk foods. This is now called the Cheat Your Way Thin diet: eating junk food this way accelerates fat loss and keeps you motivated.

It kept me fit. But after 10 years of lifting and eating healthy, I came to a point where I preferred to live without junk food. I wasn’t enjoying it anymore. And I was getting tired of the Sunday’s bloating & laziness.

I knew that the 2 reasons for the junk food consumption on Sunday were my laziness to cook, but also a need for variety. It seemed I needed a break from cooking rituals and whole foods once a week.

I was solving this with the Sunday’s junk food. And while it worked, it bothered me. Because it seemed this was nothing more than a habit. A bad habit. One I wasn’t enjoying and which seemed tough to break.

Fasting. This is what eventually got me to fasting. Too lazy to cook on Sunday? I would fast from now on instead of eating junk food. Fasting also teaches you to control your hunger & cravings. Sounded perfect.

I started looking for books on fasting. I discovered there weren’t a lot of useful ones. Most of them saw fasting only as a detox tool — advising fasting for up to 10 days — and didn’t consider the perspective of weight lifters.

There were only 2 approaches that could work: Martin Berkhan’s Leangains and Brad Pilon’s Eat Stop Eat. I was tempted by Leangains, but since it’s similar to the Warrior Diet (16/8h fast/feed vs. 20/4h), I wasn’t sure I would like it.

More important: Martin Berkhan hasn’t released a system on Leangains yet. So unless you apply to his coaching program, you’ll have to read his blog & search forum posts to understand how it works.

Eat Stop Eat. A reader recommendation eventually made me go for Brad Pilon’s Eat Stop Eat. And since I found the information inside it so helpful I decided to recommend it on StrongLifts.com. So I joined Brad’s affiliate program.

Eat Stop Eat is a downloadable eBook. It counts 90 pages and has the most up to date research about fasting, 46 references to be exact. Brad debunks myths on fasting, gives you all the benefits and explains exactly how to fast.

Eat Stop Eat is easy to apply. The only thing you need to do is fast 1 or 2x a week for 24 hours. You choose which days fit you best. Here are some of the benefits you can expect from Eat Stop Eat:

Lose Fat/Weight. Fasting 2x/week for 24h drops your calorie intake by 25%. It also boosts your fat burning hormones.
    Build Muscle. Fasting causes no muscle breakdown and doesn’t slow down your metabolism. Brad debunks both myths in Eat Stop Eat.
    Break Food Addiction. Hunger & cravings are often more mental than physical. Fasting teaches you to control both.
    Save Money. Fasting 2x a week means 8 days per month less food. My monthly grocery bill dropped by about 20%.
    Increase Productivity. My fasting days are the most productive ones: no cooking, no eating, no need to worry about food, …
    Increase Energy Levels. You won’t feel tired or lethargic or weak at the gym. My trainings the day after fasting are often the best ones.

My Experience with Eat Stop Eat. I’ve been fasting 2x per week since almost 2 months. Sunday 8pm until Monday 8pm & Tuesday 8pm until Wednesday 8pm. I lift weights Tu/Th/Su, so 2x the day after fasting.

I haven’t experienced any strength loss. I actually feel stronger the day after fasting. I asked Brad if he had an explanation for this. His reply:

The fact that you no longer worry about nutrition, or put as much… dependency … into your nutrition, would let you concentrate on what really matters…

I’ve only lost about 1lbs/0,5kg. But that’s because I eat more carbs to meet my caloric needs. Body fat hasn’t increased although carb intake is higher. Grocery bill has dropped by 20%. Sunday’s junk fests are history.

The biggest benefit for me is increased productivity. I get more work done on the days I fast. Main reason is that those days are longer: no cooking and no eating saves me 3h/day. And I don’t need to worry about food.

Eat Stop Eat & StrongLifts 5×5. If you’re doing StrongLifts 5×5, here’s how your week could look like this when you do Eat Stop Eat:

Monday: StrongLifts 5×5 + 8 nutrition rules
    Tuesday: rest + 8 nutrition rules
    Wednesday: StrongLifts 5×5 + 8 nutrition rules
    Thursday: rest + fast
    Friday: StrongLifts 5×5 + 8 nutrition rules
    Saturday: rest + 8 nutrition rules
    Sunday: rest + fast "

*****education is important but big biceps are importanter*****

*****KAFFIR

thanks for that, didnt think about what i would do during ramadhan

thanks for that, didnt think about what i would do during ramadhan

no prob.

have a look here as well.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hlight=ramadan

*****education is important but big biceps are importanter*****

*****KAFFIR

didn't the prophet say the best diet is to eat and fast on alternate days...?

but i do have a question about exercise during ramadan, when's the best time to do it...????
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - Morpheus, The Matrix.

"It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back." Surah 36:22. Ya Sin (Yusuf Ali Translation)

Quote Originally Posted by PiElle2 View Post
    but i do have a question about exercise during ramadan, when's the best time to do it...????
    With iftar, maghrib, and then tarawih & isha I can't see myself working out for the whole month.

Quote Originally Posted by -MA- View Post
    With iftar, maghrib, and then tarawih & isha I can't see myself working out for the whole month.

hmm... that's my concern for this year's Ramadan as i have been doing my regular exercise for the last 6 months... using after Fajr... now I don't know how to fit it in during Ramadan....??? Hmmmm....
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - Morpheus, The Matrix.

"It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back." Surah 36:22. Ya Sin (Yusuf Ali Translation)

Salaam,

can anyone point in the right direction for some halal recipes like no alcohol to add to it n crap. for a high protein diet, big fan of chicken breast so anything to do with that, no meat dont like meat.

And anything nice with fish, with less bones, i hate bones.

basically anything high protein.
    Get a few boneless, skinless chicken thighs, and marinade them using some southwest spice dry rub, but don't actually use it dry. Mix it with a large dollop of greek yogurt, half a lime and some habanero pepper powder. Braze the thighs for five minutes on each side, until fully cooked, and slice the cooked thighs like fajitas. I usually toss the chicken in a whole wheat wrap along with some pico de gallo, black beans (added protein) and some slices of avocado (good fat), and have some olives on the side. I actually had that tonight.....yummy....high protein and healthy.
    Allah’s Messenger said: “Whoever as much as kills a sparrow in vain will find it crying before Allah on the Day of Judgment: ‘My Lord! That person killed me in vain. He did not kill me for needful sustenance.”

will try that out thanks! @ baybars

dhakkiya i got a q, so i was really down on my carbs today, was very lazy making anything lol. i want to know like, i have this schedule.

6.30 - two eggs
    10.30 - muesli
    1.30 - carbs (so pasta, noodles, rice etc, how much should i have? and what grams of carbs?)
    5pm - workout
    6.30pm - dinner (high protein, so chicken fish, etc, was thinking around 30grams? cas dunno how to stuff more in without feeling bloated)
    9.00pm - Shake, protein shake which apparently has 40grams protein and 64 grams carbs

I really have quite a small appetite! so eating loads at a time wont happen , what would you recommend with the above? doing anything wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by dhakiyya View Post
    regarding your appetite, you do want to regulate it, because if you start overeating you will just get fat. Eating little and often will help you the most I think. The 5-6 meals a day thing for building muscle translates as 5 meals for women, 6 meals for men. This is because men require more calories to stay alive than women do. (this way of eating and exercising is perfectly healthy for women, but women will not put on muscle in the way men do, because their hormones are different - women will become toned rather than muscular. this lifestyle is very good for losing excess fat, for men and for women, not just for gaining muscle. The difference is to lose fat eat slightly less than you burn, to put on muscle eat slightly more than you burn, for general fitness and good health without the need to lose fat or gain muscle, eat the same as what you burn)
    i think 6 would make me feel sick, i really cant eat that much lool, or id have to eat smaller portions. i aint a big fella! dont really need to loose any fat cas i aint got none lol, how would i know to eat more then i burn like how much do i know ive used?

If you want to put on healthy weight (muscle) you need to do lots of weight training - but not too much or you will never give your body a chance to build muscle - and eat a high protein diet, eat slightly more than you burn off (how much you weigh is pure maths (see above), doing the weight training and having amino acids from protein in your blood determines if the excess food is converted into muscle or fat - lack of amino acids (protein) and lack of muscle building exercise will stop you putting on muscle.
    yeah i just do one muscle group per week, i give 5-7 days rest for each set. this has been working for me, however my eating has always let me down, either with lack of energy or not eating my protein on time, im really lazy like that getting slightly confused now

Also make sure you get plenty of calcium (dairy products plus dark green vegetables) because as your muscle strength increases your bone density should increase too.

One thing that is very important, is that you don't overtrain. When it comes to weight training, less is definitely more. Never work the same muscles on two consecutive days. For beginners a whole body workout 2-3 times a week (never on two consecutive days!) is fine, for more experienced gym bunnies, you can do a split routine, e.g. legs on monday, upper body on tuesday, legs on thursday, upper body on friday etc. Rest days are essential because it is during the resting phase that your body actually builds muscle. Also a constant supply of protein in the blood is very important. hence 5-6 small meals a day each containing protein, rather than 3 large meals a day.
    i need to start having veggies got carrots lol, erm so dark grene like runner beans n that? courgette? dunno what else, peas (shudders)?

yeah i do legs seperate days, biceps and triceps another, etc etc and i do cardio on weekends.

so if i have smaller meals like that i can not feel bloated with, it will still be better than having a large meal, so like i normally have like around 2 chicken breasts. if i split that through three meals, would that be better.

Also, cardio exercise (jogging, cycling etc) is great for fat loss, but if you are the kind of person that does not put weight on easily and you want to put on more weight, too much cardio can be very counter productive. You need about 15 mins cardio three times a week to keep your heart healthy (making sure of course that you actually get your heart rate up and are out of breath etc) - if you find it hard to put on weight but want to, limit your cardio to this much per week.
    oh didnt know @ being counter productive, i only do cycling cas it turns my calves to rock. cycle around 8 miles or so. man i like cycling though :/

crap, eggs, milk
    not mixed doe lol, or if u like it then y not hmm
    ‘…Verily Allah sent the Messenger with the Deen of guidance and truth in order to dominate over all other Deens (i.e. religions; such as Christianity, Hinduism and Judaism and ideologies; such as capitalism and Communism) even if the idolaters dislike it…’

Account Disabled

I eat 3 times a day after fajr prayer after 1PM and 5PM and no snacks in between but i eat like a horse in the morning like 3-4 plates of food mainly protein and carbs , i don't eat red meat or eggs but that keeps me fit

Composing my last elegy Dead Poet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewParent View Post

This is how vegetarians get their protein, i'm not veggie though.

Also Egg Curry, boil eggs, fry eggs with chilli powder and curry powder after slicing the eggs white, cook with plenty of onions and normal curry ingredients. - drink something like real homemade lemonade to counter the cholesterol intake though.

I've been craving for a 'virgin mojito' cocktail recently, lacking the crushed ice.
    by adding eggs to a curry doesn’t necessarily make the meal high in protein. the onions and various other vegetables/ingredients you add to make the curry will in actual fact make a meal more suitable for someone on a high carb diet.
    to the original poster : good luck with following these recipes most have high carb content will give you the opposite result.
    "If you knew what I know about myself then you would have thrown dust over my face". - Abdullah Ibn Mas'ood

Quote Originally Posted by Quote:[SIZE=2
    Originally Posted by NewParent

This is how vegetarians get their protein, i'm not veggie though.

Also Egg Curry, boil eggs, fry eggs with chilli powder and curry powder after slicing the eggs white, cook with plenty of onions and normal curry ingredients. - drink something like real homemade lemonade to counter the cholesterol intake though.

I've been craving for a 'virgin mojito' cocktail recently, lacking the crushed ice..

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Poet View Post
    by adding eggs to a curry doesn’t necessarily make the meal high in protein. the onions and various other vegetables/ingredients you add to make the curry will in actual fact make a meal more suitable for someone on a high carb diet.
    to the original poster : good luck with following these recipes most have high carb content will give you the opposite result.

that is true, carbohydrates comes from certain food besides the obvious bread and rice... including sugar (in drinks, cakes and sweet stuff)...

carbohydrates and sugars all turn to glucose when digested. plus if u consume lemonade (with sugar i presume) or 'virgin mojito' (with sugar too i guess) you have a combination of high sugar level meals at one sitting... this gives high sugar spike to your system.. if u carry on this type of diet on a daily basis, in 10-20 years' time, you'll develop diabetes cos you have overworkd your pancreas (organ that produce insulin) by then...

if you really cannot help having these high sugar level food, space them out instead of having all at one sitting and eat lots of fruits and veggie too, to clean out your system...

will try that out thanks! @ baybars

dhakkiya i got a q, so i was really down on my carbs today, was very lazy making anything lol. i want to know like, i have this schedule.

6.30 - two eggs
    10.30 - muesli
    1.30 - carbs (so pasta, noodles, rice etc, how much should i have? and what grams of carbs?)
    5pm - workout
    6.30pm - dinner (high protein, so chicken fish, etc, was thinking around 30grams? cas dunno how to stuff more in without feeling bloated)
    9.00pm - Shake, protein shake which apparently has 40grams protein and 64 grams carbs

I really have quite a small appetite! so eating loads at a time wont happen , what would you recommend with the above? doing anything wrong?
    this is what i'll do... LOL

6.30am - water with lemon and honey (250ml)
    in between - water (250ml)
    9am - fruits and muesli, protein shake with multi-vit
    11.30pm - lunch
    3pm - snack
    5pm - workout (water)
    7pm - dinner
    9.00pm - protein shake with multi-vit

This is my routine

10am wake up.. eat nothing
    12pm.. still nothing..
    1.30pm.. still nothing, maybe a glass of water
    3pm.. ok starving hungry, must eat now
    3.30pm.. eat meal
    6pm.. workout
    7.30pm.. protein shake
    11.30pm.. eat high in protein meal

It's alot of hard work, but I stick to it

Quote Originally Posted by PiElle2 View Post
    this is what i'll do... LOL

6.30am - water with lemon and honey (250ml)
    9am - fruits and muesli, protein shake with multi-vit
    11.30pm - lunch
    3pm - snack
    5pm - workout (water)
    7pm - dinner
    9.00pm - protein shake with multi-vit
    i would like to make corrections to my routine... LOL

6.30am - water with lemon and honey, dates (250ml)
    7am - walk (water)
    9am - fruits, toast and coffee
    10am - protein shake with multi-vit
    12.30pm - lunch
    3pm - snack
    7pm - dinner
    11.00pm - multi-vit and sleep

for gajar halwa do i HAVE to use Ghee and dried milk? (dont have any)

i think 6 would make me feel sick, i really cant eat that much lool, or id have to eat smaller portions. i aint a big fella! dont really need to loose any fat cas i aint got none lol, how would i know to eat more then i burn like how much do i know ive used?
    weigh yourself each week, if you are getting lighter, you are not eating enough. if you are getting heavier you are eating more than you are burning, but the important thing in your case is to put on muscle and bone mass, not fat. there is no point eating more than you burn if you are not doing sufficient exercise to turn the excess into muscle. the excess also must be healthy and contain sufficient protein. excess fat and sugar won't help you put on muscle.

Yes, eat smaller portions, i.e. little and often. make sure there is a protein food in each meal.

yeah i just do one muscle group per week, i give 5-7 days rest for each set. this has been working for me, however my eating has always let me down, either with lack of energy or not eating my protein on time, im really lazy like that getting slightly confused now
    you should probably do more weights than this to put on muscle. Split the exercises into three routines, so that all three cover your whole body. Do routine A on monday, B on tuesday, C on wednesday, A on thursday, B on friday, C on saturday, rest on sunday. That way each muscle gets two workouts a week with 2-3 days rest in between. IF that is too intensive and you don't want so many days, split into 2 routines A and B and do A on monday, B on tuesday, A on thursday and B on friday, with the other days as rest days.

you must must must eat protein regularly, protein is broken down into amino acids when it is digested, the amino acids go into the blood. These are literally the building blocks of muscle, so to put on muscle you need to a) regularly work the muscle and b) keep it supplied with amino acids. failure to do either of these results in no new muscle growth.;

i need to start having veggies got carrots lol, erm so dark grene like runner beans n that? courgette? dunno what else, peas (shudders)?
    yes, but if you really detest vegetables, eat fruit instead. don't worry about the extra carbs from the fruit, excess fat is NOT your problem, so don't try to cut down on carbs too much in your diet. Eating less carbs is a great way to control fat, i.e. help get rid of excess or to stop putting it on. However as that is not your problem, just concentrate on eating more protein and don't worry so much about the carbs. Someone who is trying to lose excess fat would benefit from eating more veg and less fruit, in your case I really don't think you should worry, just include 5 a day of whatever fruit or veg you actually like.

so if i have smaller meals like that i can not feel bloated with, it will still be better than having a large meal, so like i normally have like around 2 chicken breasts. if i split that through three meals, would that be better.
    if you often feel bloated, either you are eating too much at the meal, or you may have a food intolerance. Especially if you feel bloated after eating a small meal. Try eating six smaller meals each day see how you get on. Make sure each meal has some kind of protein. If you regularly feel bloated after small meals, keep a diary of what you eat and how you feel, see if any particular food or meals are making you feel this way.

oh didnt know @ being counter productive, i only do cycling cas it turns my calves to rock. cycle around 8 miles or so. man i like cycling though :/
    For your body type, too much cardio is counter productive. If you really enjoy cycling, don't give it up, just make sure you eat enough carbs beforehand. Cardio is mainly for fatburning, you don't want to burn fat. So make sure you eat enough carbs to sustain you for your cycling. Yes it is good for the legs, but it doesn't work the upper body.

You can look up on the internet how many calories you need to cycle for the duration of time you are cycling for, and what healthy carb foods contain that many calories. (eat wholegrain carbs, potatoes etc, refined carbs will not give you sustained energy to keep you going while you cycle)

So you can find out how much to eat for breakfast/lunch on the day you do cycling (don't forget that you need calories just to stay alive, i.e. your basal metabolic rate) - basically as you don't have fat to burn off and what you want to do is put on more muscle, you need to make sure that you are not using up more calories than you burn when you do your cycling, if you do, your body will either metabolise fat or muscle to make up the deficit. This is what exactly people who are trying to lose fat want - although they need to be eating lots of protein and doing weights regularly to make sure that their body burns fat and not muscle. However you want to avoid that, so make sure you eat the calories you burn off while cycling. That way you get the muscle building benefits for your legs without losing muscle elsewhere.

how much protein per meal would you say? should there be any ratio for protein to carb? cas i want to think in terms of how full i get too...if i eat loads of carbs n get full...itd be a waste.

thanks for that post, definately some things i can take from that.

also amino acid supplements, do they work?

I've heard of amino acid supplements..... I expect they work but it's the same with any supplements: real Allah made food is always better than supplements, just use supplements when it's impossible to eat good quality real food, or if there is a medical reason (i.e. a supplement is prescribed or recommended by a doctor)

the ratio of fat: protein:carbs you should eat depends on your metabolism and body type. I'll see if I can find more info

alhamdullilah i got no problem taking any food, or any allergies. It is definately much more possible now for me to reach thar protein target, which im really glad about!

weigh yourself each week, if you are getting lighter, you are not eating enough. if you are getting heavier you are eating more than you are burning, but the important thing in your case is to put on muscle and bone mass, not fat. there is no point eating more than you burn if you are not doing sufficient exercise to turn the excess into muscle. the excess also must be healthy and contain sufficient protein. excess fat and sugar won't help you put on muscle.
    sorry sis, the weighing machine is not a good gauge for whether you eating enough or not. it definitely does not tell whether you burning, it just can't. and muscles are heavier than fats, so if your weight goes up, it does not mean you ate more of you burn less or more, it could meanyou have developed more muscle mass due to exercise. but i agree excess fats and sugars won't help in putting on muscle, exercise does that job.

Yes, eat smaller portions, i.e. little and often. make sure there is a protein food in each meal.

you should probably do more weights than this to put on muscle. Split the exercises into three routines, so that all three cover your whole body. Do routine A on monday, B on tuesday, C on wednesday, A on thursday, B on friday, C on saturday, rest on sunday. That way each muscle gets two workouts a week with 2-3 days rest in between. IF that is too intensive and you don't want so many days, split into 2 routines A and B and do A on monday, B on tuesday, A on thursday and B on friday, with the other days as rest days.
    you might want to add in muscle tissue massage.

you must must must eat protein regularly, protein is broken down into amino acids when it is digested, the amino acids go into the blood. These are literally the building blocks of muscle, so to put on muscle you need to a) regularly work the muscle and b) keep it supplied with amino acids. failure to do either of these results in no new muscle growth.;
    protein's for all body cells growth and repair, not just for muscle...

yes, but if you really detest vegetables, eat fruit instead. don't worry about the extra carbs from the fruit, excess fat is NOT your problem, so don't try to cut down on carbs too much in your diet. Eating less carbs is a great way to control fat, i.e. help get rid of excess or to stop putting it on. However as that is not your problem, just concentrate on eating more protein and don't worry so much about the carbs. Someone who is trying to lose excess fat would benefit from eating more veg and less fruit, in your case I really don't think you should worry, just include 5 a day of whatever fruit or veg you actually like.
    fruits got sugar if you are watching sugar intke, veggie's still a must. something you got to learn to love, whether you like it or not... if not, easier way out to swallow fruits and fibre supplements...

if you often feel bloated, either you are eating too much at the meal, or you may have a food intolerance. Especially if you feel bloated after eating a small meal. Try eating six smaller meals each day see how you get on. Make sure each meal has some kind of protein. If you regularly feel bloated after small meals, keep a diary of what you eat and how you feel, see if any particular food or meals are making you feel this way.
    stomach bloatiness is indication of too much bacteria activities in the stomach, try the honey lemon water on empty stomach in morning, you'll notice difference in a week.

For your body type, too much cardio is counter productive. If you really enjoy cycling, don't give it up, just make sure you eat enough carbs beforehand. Cardio is mainly for fatburning, you don't want to burn fat. So make sure you eat enough carbs to sustain you for your cycling. Yes it is good for the legs, but it doesn't work the upper body.

You can look up on the internet how many calories you need to cycle for the duration of time you are cycling for, and what healthy carb foods contain that many calories. (eat wholegrain carbs, potatoes etc, refined carbs will not give you sustained energy to keep you going while you cycle)

So you can find out how much to eat for breakfast/lunch on the day you do cycling (don't forget that you need calories just to stay alive, i.e. your basal metabolic rate) - basically as you don't have fat to burn off and what you want to do is put on more muscle, you need to make sure that you are not using up more calories than you burn when you do your cycling, if you do, your body will either metabolise fat or muscle to make up the deficit. This is what exactly people who are trying to lose fat want - although they need to be eating lots of protein and doing weights regularly to make sure that their body burns fat and not muscle. However you want to avoid that, so make sure you eat the calories you burn off while cycling. That way you get the muscle building benefits for your legs without losing muscle elsewhere.

I've heard of amino acid supplements..... I expect they work but it's the same with any supplements: real Allah made food is always better than supplements, just use supplements when it's impossible to eat good quality real food, or if there is a medical reason (i.e. a supplement is prescribed or recommended by a doctor)

the ratio of fat: protein:carbs you should eat depends on your metabolism and body type. I'll see if I can find more info

sis, i beg to differ, supplement is not solely prescribed by docters... doctors are meant to treat illnesses by prescribing drugs, they have less knowledge on supplemental nutrition...

read the book : "What Your Doctor Doesn't Know About Nutritional Medicine May Be Killing You" By Ray D. Strand

plus, if we do not take all the amino acids the body requires, and humans are naturally choosy in what they eat, then supplement is necessary... esp. when majority of food has been profit making than body making nowadays...

thanks a ton sis dhakiyaah, i feel great right now, proper working, i dont feel full...yet feel full of energy.
    also i didnt do as much weights, yet i noticed my biceps and triceps were taking well to the new plan. definately what i needed. feel...really full of energy.

how long can i store onigiri in the fridge for or is it better to freeze it?