Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Tafseer Class, Tafseer Ibn Katheer, Saturday 6:30pm GMT (7:30pm BST/GMT+1) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

missing juma prayers?

sallam alekum

whats the hadith concerning this, something along the lines of missnig it 3times. i just need the reference.

‘…Verily Allah sent the Messenger with the Deen of guidance and truth in order to dominate over all other Deens (i.e. religions; such as Christianity, Hinduism and Judaism and ideologies; such as capitalism and Communism) even if the idolaters dislike it…’

Re: missing juma prayers?

Ruling on not going to Jumu’ah
    What is the punishment of not going to salat al jummah. Can you please back up the answer with a hadith.

Praise be to Allaah.
    If a person for whom Jumu’ah is obligatory does not attend and does not have a valid excuse, this is a major sin. Whoever does not attend three Jumu’ahs (in a row) out of negligence has a seal placed over his heart and is regarded as one of the ghaafileen (negligent, heedless). Muslim narrated in his Saheeh from Abu Hurayrah and Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both), that they heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon them) say from his minbar: “People should definitely stop neglecting Jumu’ah, or else Allaah will most certainly seal their hearts and they will most certainly be among the ghaafileen.”

According to another hadeeth: “Whoever neglects three jumu’ahs (in a row) out of negligence will have a seal placed upon his heart.” This is a spiritual punishment, which is more severe that a physical punishment such as imprisonment or flogging. The Muslim ruler should punish those who fail to attend Jumu’ah prayers with no excuse, as a deterrent. Let each Muslim fear Allaah and not miss performing one of the obligatory duties enjoined by Him, lest he expose himself to the punishment of Allaah; let him adhere to that which Allaah has made obligatory so that he may earn the reward of Allaah. And Allaah bestows His Bounty upon whomsoever He wills.

Written by Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Barraak.

Source: http://islamqa.com/en/ref/7699/missing%20jumu'ah
    Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

can u give further information about this spiritual punishment?
    how can someone repent for this?
    ‘…Verily Allah sent the Messenger with the Deen of guidance and truth in order to dominate over all other Deens (i.e. religions; such as Christianity, Hinduism and Judaism and ideologies; such as capitalism and Communism) even if the idolaters dislike it…’

Quote Originally Posted by ana_mujahid View Post
    can u give further information about this spiritual punishment?
    how can someone repent for this?
    Sincerely making Taubah would be a start.... Intention of not missing it ever again would be good.. Never missing it ever again would be the icing on the cake

Theres this hadith I heard about when the Prophet Muhamamd told Sayyidena Abu Bakr to lead Jummah prayer so he can burn the houses of all men that dont read them

Could any one confirm??

Besides, all my brothers have gone to Jummah right now...

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by ImperfectBeauty View Post
    Theres this hadith I heard about when the Prophet Muhamamd told Sayyidena Abu Bakr to lead Jummah prayer so he can burn the houses of all men that dont read them

Could any one confirm??
    50 days to go

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 11, Number 617:

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "By Him in Whose Hand my soul is I was about to order for collecting fire-wood (fuel) and then order Someone to pronounce the Adhan for the prayer and then order someone to lead the prayer then I would go from behind and burn the houses of men who did not present themselves for the (compulsory congregational) prayer........

50 days to go
    may Allah keep them and us on the straight path, Ameen.

Could any one confirm??

This is about the normal Jama'at prayer and the hadith has been quoted above.

The Hanafi school holds praying in Jama'ah as the highest level of Sunnah Mu'aqadah and very close to wajib.

Going to the Jama'a for the Jumma'a prayer is Fard.