Thread: Name changes

~**~**~**~**~**~ ze leetle elper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Exclamation Name changes

Assalamu alaykum,

I just wanted to note that there seems to be an extremely high proportion of people requesting name changes...some regularly.

Can we just make it crystal clear here.

Name changes are NOT a given norm, they are ONLY in exceptional circumstances.

If you want to change you name to MASK your identity, so to speak, sorry but that is not a valid excuse. Anyone can browse your history of posts and see your orginal name quoted. so it is better to resign up with a new name rather than change the existing one.

If it is a spelling error...BE CAREFUL when you are signing up!

If it because its similar to someone elses...TOO BAD, you should have checked it out first before signing up!

If it is a matter of life and death...we may look into it.

Otherwise STOP requesting name changes to lame and fickle reasons! Its a waste of everyone's time!

And if you are a long time user, it is even more disliked because your username will be established and it causes a lot of confusion amongst the mods and users having a newname to that old user!!

Please feel free to add any other commenst to this mods/ admins lol..this is just off the top of my head
    What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
    Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
    Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
    but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
    but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
    We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
    freedom from slavery to other than the One,
    Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
    and a horizon that extends to the next life,
    Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Name changes

Asalamualaikum,

I re-discovered this forum today...however, turns out i registered a few years back. I would like to change my name as this is a nickname i was given that i dont really want to associate with anymore due to a change in lifestyle alhamdulilah. If this is possible, please tell me how to go about requesting a change, if not, alhamdulilah, thank you anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree, I don't understand why we can't close out account, fair enough if we can't change out name but there should be an option to unsubscribe and delete your account?

Is there a way please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Asalamualaikum,
    i am new here brothers n sister plz help me i did send pm for modirater change my id name sara aljalali can put
    i want this name i do mistak tis layana name i wirtting here
    plz admin can slove my problem by salf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by layana View Post
    Asalamualaikum,
    i am new here brothers n sister plz help me i did send pm for modirater change my id name sara aljalali can put
    i want this name i do mistak tis layana name i wirtting here
    plz admin can slove my problem by salf
    Hello, PM them again And they should sort it Inshallah, Or SImply PM Sajid for a NC.
    As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .: Anna :. View Post
    yeah its taken, so if u want u can think of some slight change to it but keeping it so the name is still basically asiya.. like ne dots, squiggle, whatever?
    ah ok ~asiya~ maybe ? or anything will do u can choose something if u want sis, thanks very much anna i know it seems a small thing but i worry if someone pronounces it with ayn u know how its said names have an affect on u etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *asiya* View Post
    ah ok ~asiya~ maybe ? or anything will do u can choose something if u want sis, thanks very much anna i know it seems a small thing but i worry if someone pronounces it with ayn u know how its said names have an affect on u etc.
    Why don't you become .:asiya:.? Quite a few members seem to have it that way. Anna too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was wondering, does pronunciation make a difference? because the name 'asiya (the one spelt with and ain and saad) is usually pronounced the way the asiya (meaning nurse) is pronounced................

cartier love ring replicacartier tank watchcartier necklace price

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuaadh View Post
    Argh man I want to change my user to Fuaadh, i had berrs of people asking what fuaath means and now I'm nearly gonna die from replying to all those who asked me so pleeeeeese change it for me

also when people want to PM me, my name doesnt come up because they have to paste the hearts and so messages are being sent to the other Hafsah, and visa versa people keep thinking I am her and messaging me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Foulana View Post
    Asalam Wakaykum,

can I change my name please.

everytime I try to send in I have to copy and paste my name from a thread because of these hearts, and it is really annoying.

also when people want to PM me, my name doesnt come up because they have to paste the hearts and so messages are being sent to the other Hafsah, and visa versa people keep thinking I am her and messaging me

so please can I change it?

JazakAllah khayr
    I want a name, so are you willing to donate 1minute of your time to do it or shall I just register a new account?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gia View Post
    Can you please change my name??
    Salams4Salams pweeeese
    Argh man I want to change my user to Fuaadh, i had berrs of people asking what fuaath means and now I'm nearly gonna die from replying to all those who asked me so pleeeeeese change it for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I want to change mine too to be honest ...

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
    [2] Ibid. pg. 46

ایک بار پکار کے تو دیکھو .mirror.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adri View Post
    I want to change mine too to be honest ...
    Tell them you reverted, so you wanna change your name.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As for looking up the names of other members... You're signing up with a forum, not something overly important where similar usernames can cause volcanic eruption. If you really look up the names of members before signing up with a forum, you're just being stupid.
    Diablo 3 Items
    Diablo 3 Gold
    Diablo 3 Accounts
    Diablo 3 News

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Last edited by nhatht; 20-01-15 at 09:33 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Erm...I've been wanting to change my name for months but I don't really have a good excuse for changing it but I still want to change it anyway! So can someone please tell me how I can do this??

ایک بار پکار کے تو دیکھو .mirror.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

Talk to one of the big mods, like Anna.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Odan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

I want to change my username please............................

"Your votes may change the government but they won't change the system"

The Prophet said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (an evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." [Saheeh Al Bukhari]
    “The wiping away of the World means less to Allah than a Believer to be killed unjustly” [Sunan Ibn Majah]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

When the boy is turned into a bug, his family begins to take care o him as best they could. But the process of taking care of bug through daily life begins to weigh on them, like taking care of a pet. They became forgetful and careless, his sister began to just throw him old food from meals instead of taking the time to give him bread and milk. Both hs mother and father begin to overlook and ignore him. I believe that this shows how one can become under diligent in their duty of important tasks that yield no profit for them, As happens in kafka's life.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Staskal View Post
    When the boy is turned into a bug, his family begins to take care o him as best they could. But the process of taking care of bug through daily life begins to weigh on them, like taking care of a pet. They became forgetful and careless, his sister began to just throw him old food from meals instead of taking the time to give him bread and milk. Both hs mother and father begin to overlook and ignore him. I believe that this shows how one can become under diligent in their duty of important tasks that yield no profit for them, As happens in kafka's life.
    what?

Further notice
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3016 Post(s)

I want a change because it has no meaning.

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3612 Post(s)

One post wonder
    Lol
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

😈 Al-Wahhaabi 😈 muslim singafuri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    450 Post(s)

I wanted to change my username... but it seems I have no valid reason. :-|
    If following Ahmad makes me a 'Wahhaabi', then I declare that I am one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)

I was just about to request a name change :/

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

Inshallah, there should be one name change permitted every year and members should vote on who is allowed the exception to the 'no name change' rule.

Please vote for me, I have two good reasons...one is I am fed up with answering doctor questions and the second is I would like a name that celebrates my new religion. I don't mind what it is, the mod can choose.

Inshallah...

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3612 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drberks View Post

Inshallah, there should be one name change permitted every year and members should vote on who is allowed the exception to the 'no name change' rule.

Please vote for me, I have two good reasons...one is I am fed up with answering doctor questions and the second is I would like a name that celebrates my new religion. I don't mind what it is, the mod can choose.

Inshallah...
    :
    How about doctor the kiwi?

Seriously I think you should be allowed to change your name seeing as you reverted to Islam All thanks and praise are due to Allah @Meriadoc irl reverts get to change their names so what about on uf for our new sister in Islam
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    :
    How about doctor the kiwi?

Seriously I think you should be allowed to change your name seeing as you reverted to Islam All thanks and praise are due to Allah @Meriadoc irl reverts get to change their names so what about on uf for our new sister in Islam

Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)

Inshallah...

You have valid grounds for a name change. @Meriadoc @device

What would you like your username to be changed to?
    "The more you know, the more you realise how little you know. The less you know, the more you think you know." - Abu Mus'ab.
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio
    Ummah Radio Youtube Channel
    Subscribe to our Youtube channel to be informed of any new uploads.

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darul Ilm View Post

I really don't mind, inshallah, you choose. As long as it doesn't have the word doctor in it or dr.

How is your phone doing?

Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)

I really don't mind, inshallah, you choose. As long as it doesn't have the word doctor in it or dr.

How is your phone doing?
    How's the name Rifqah? (Means "Gentleness")

They haven't been able to repair my phone yet unfortunately, but they're supposed to let me know by tomorrow for certain what's going on, whether it can be saved or not.
    "The more you know, the more you realise how little you know. The less you know, the more you think you know." - Abu Mus'ab.
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

How's the name Rifqah? (Means "Gentleness")

They haven't been able to repair my phone yet unfortunately, but they're supposed to let me know by tomorrow for certain what's going on, whether it can be saved or not.
    Inshallah Rifqah it is.

If it is allowed to be changed.

Inshallah that word will be a good reminder for me.

Mentioned
    723 Post(s)
    Quoted
    953 Post(s)

Are you unable to edit usernames?

Fake admin colour is fake.
    ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
    U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Mentioned
    1119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16461 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meriadoc View Post

Can I get a green username?
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rifqah View Post
    Inshallah Rifqah it is.

If it is allowed to be changed.

Inshallah that word will be a good reminder for me.

I've escalated your request to the admins, In-shaa Allaah one of them will do the change when they come online.
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio

Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Meriadoc View Post

Aye, you're my senior here. I'm a special class of mod, i'm higher than the regulars but less than you admins.
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

I've escalated your request to the admins, In-shaa Allaah one of them will do the change when they come online.
    Mashallah Meri did it I think! It took me 4 attempts to sign in before I realised.

Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)

Mashallah Meri did it I think! It took me 4 attempts to sign in before I realised.

Aye it was Meriadoc, she's the most active admin here.
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3205 Post(s)

I'm glad name changes aren't easy to get.

Lol
    Narrated Anas:
    The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

Aye it was Meriadoc, she's the most active admin here.
    Omg the avatar is so pretty ive just seen it! The letters spell it. It's so nice.

You know, today my (blood) sister was so awful about me leaving my job. This small thing just lightened that heaviness, along with the sisters here helping me with my pronunciation of Arabic. The women here are just the best. May Allah (swt) reward them in this life and the next with good.

UF

Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)

Omg the avatar is so pretty ive just seen it! The letters spell it. It's so nice.

You know, today my (blood) sister was so awful about me leaving my job. This small thing just lightened that heaviness, along with the sisters here helping me with my pronunciation of Arabic. The women here are just the best. May Allah (swt) reward them in this life and the next with good.

UF
    Aye, Meriadoc has good choice in avatars.

Aameen, the sisterhood here is good.
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio

Odan
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1521 Post(s)

I used to frequent a forum(also built using vBulletin) which allows it's users to change their usernames once every 180 days with a maximum of 5 changes. There's a section in user profile named username history so you can check a person's previous usernames which removes any possible confusion. Moreover, if the avatar remains same, it shouldn't be hard to recognize frequent users given their post count and rep power remain visible.
    Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.