Thread: Name changes

~**~**~**~**~**~ ze leetle elper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Exclamation Name changes

Assalamu alaykum,

I just wanted to note that there seems to be an extremely high proportion of people requesting name changes...some regularly.

Can we just make it crystal clear here.

Name changes are NOT a given norm, they are ONLY in exceptional circumstances.

If you want to change you name to MASK your identity, so to speak, sorry but that is not a valid excuse. Anyone can browse your history of posts and see your orginal name quoted. so it is better to resign up with a new name rather than change the existing one.

If it is a spelling error...BE CAREFUL when you are signing up!

If it because its similar to someone elses...TOO BAD, you should have checked it out first before signing up!

If it is a matter of life and death...we may look into it.

Otherwise STOP requesting name changes to lame and fickle reasons! Its a waste of everyone's time!

And if you are a long time user, it is even more disliked because your username will be established and it causes a lot of confusion amongst the mods and users having a newname to that old user!!

Please feel free to add any other commenst to this mods/ admins lol..this is just off the top of my head
    What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
    Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
    Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
    but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
    but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
    We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
    freedom from slavery to other than the One,
    Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
    and a horizon that extends to the next life,
    Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: Name changes

Mods Rule!!
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

amin true that i get so confused about which user is which sometimes,cos so many ppl changed their names

( although i would love that silly ` taken off the front of my name)

but its ok im not asking ..
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

iDominate - period.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Create a 'Member previously known as' thread so people can keep up with the name changes.

I don't think many people revise their registering details when they sign up. If they do, they're simply gay. And typos can't always be avoided.

As for looking up the names of other members... You're signing up with a forum, not something overly important where similar usernames can cause volcanic eruption. If you really look up the names of members before signing up with a forum, you're just being stupid.

'asiya, if you really want that taken off, why don't you? It's a bother typing your name with that apostrophe. I know you didn't ask me to, but I'm giving you my support.

Wassalam,
    The Great Ruler-sama

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    244 Post(s)

My name change nearly cost me a 20p
    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

thanks G.R i worry about the ` in `asiya cos this name means disobedient and im scared if ppl keep calling me this i might become so audu billah. jus plain old asiya would be fine but like i said im not asking ..
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

iDominate - period.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ho~ All the more reasons to ask for a name change, don't you think?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    244 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by `asiya View Post
    thanks G.R i worry about the ` in `asiya cos this name means disobedient and im scared if ppl keep calling me this i might become so audu billah. jus plain old asiya would be fine but like i said im not asking ..
    what? does asiya means disobedient?
    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

iDominate - period.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kas1m View Post
    what? does asiya means disobedient?
    I believe she means 'asiya with 3ain, instead of asiya with an alif?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I was wondering, does pronunciation make a difference? because the name 'asiya (the one spelt with and ain and saad) is usually pronounced the way the asiya (meaning nurse) is pronounced...(obviously as theres no english equivalent to the ain and saad)

or have I got it all wrong with the letters?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Ruler View Post
    I believe she means 'asiya with 3ain, instead of asiya with an alif?
    yep `asiya means disobedient. asiya means One who tends to the weak, one who nurses, comforts, consoles.

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

SUFI HANAFI
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8568 Post(s)

Only takes a minute to change. Don't know why the admins are moaning...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

Off to the 'banning dungeon' for you, m'lad
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There's thousands of members here, if say just a hundred asked for a name change then that's 100 minutes - 1 hour 40 minutes ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MWarrior View Post
    There's thousands of members here, if say just a hundred asked for a name change then that's 100 minutes - 1 hour 40 minutes ....
    alright, alright. calm down, no need for a math lesson !

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OurMuslimUmmah View Post
    alright, alright. calm down, no need for a math lesson !
    So, judging by this graph :

.... I'd say 'name changes' are a near impossibility
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

its inconvenience afterwards of people dont know whos who etc

but asiya if u do want the ` taken off personally i think thats okay as username practically is the same but removes the negative meaning..
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

sis i would appreciate that thank u its worried me for a while, i didnt ask cos i already had one change when i first came to the forum thinking it was all muslims here and was called ur sister

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2995 Post(s)

But everyone thinks I either have hairy feet or like basketball

I'm just kidding ze! I don't really want a name change
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
    Surah al-Baqarah
    [2:245]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
    ...said the spider to the fly...

Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

sis i would appreciate that thank u its worried me for a while, i didnt ask cos i already had one change when i first came to the forum thinking it was all muslims here and was called ur sister
    oh yeah i remember that user name!
    leme check it whether asiya is available just like that it may b taken so jst gna c
    ~ Ibn Atallah

<button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

yeah its taken, so if u want u can think of some slight change to it but keeping it so the name is still basically asiya.. like ne dots, squiggle, whatever?
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

ah ok ~asiya~ maybe ? or anything will do u can choose something if u want sis, thanks very much anna i know it seems a small thing but i worry if someone pronounces it with ayn u know how its said names have an affect on u etc.

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

iDominate - period.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why don't you become .:asiya:.? Quite a few members seem to have it that way. Anna too.

~**~**~**~**~**~ ze leetle elper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

What about aasiya? double aa? is that taken?
    What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
    Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
    Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
    but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
    but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
    We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
    freedom from slavery to other than the One,
    Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
    and a horizon that extends to the next life,
    Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

yes zee they're all taken hence i stuck the apostrophe there, then later realised my mistake just stick a squiggle some dots anything i dont mind.

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

or stars? coz ur a star!
    "For those who realise that everything is from Allah, everything is the same."
    ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

SUFI HANAFI
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8568 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MWarrior View Post
    Actually it takes less than a minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please change my name to Muhammed Ghori.

and believe me I'm not very famous
    Whosoever dies without participating in an expedition (Jihad) nor having the intention to do so, dies on a branch of hypocrisy.(Sahih Muslim)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

btw on gawaher you can change your display name without asking for anyone's permission.
    Whosoever dies without participating in an expedition (Jihad) nor having the intention to do so, dies on a branch of hypocrisy.(Sahih Muslim)

Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by advghori View Post
    btw on gawaher you can change your display name without asking for anyone's permission.
    yes but we don't like to have it that way here
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .: Anna :. View Post
    yes but we don't like to have it that way here

but at least change may display name to Muhammed Ghori.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1026 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2087 Post(s)

re-register if u want a name chnage

we dont change nicknames unless its a valid reason

Mentioned
    1026 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2087 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sajid View Post

OK then there is a valid reason.

ADV means advocate and I don' want this to be with my name.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sajid View Post

sorry, but this dosen't make sense with this-

"And if you are a long time user, it is even more disliked because your username will be established and it causes a lot of confusion amongst the mods and users having a newname to that old user!!"

You think registering again wouldn't cause confusion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Can I please ask why some accounts are disabled? I would like to change my name and have an alias instead, I didn't realise that once you register you couldn't change it. Anyway if I could have my account disabled could I change it then please instead of re-registering?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Can you please change my name??
    Salams4Salams pweeeese

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Argh man I want to change my user to Fuaadh, i had berrs of people asking what fuaath means and now I'm nearly gonna die from replying to all those who asked me so pleeeeeese change it for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Asalam Wakaykum,

can I change my name please.

everytime I try to send in I have to copy and paste my name from a thread because of these hearts, and it is really annoying.

also when people want to PM me, my name doesnt come up because they have to paste the hearts and so messages are being sent to the other Hafsah, and visa versa people keep thinking I am her and messaging me

so please can I change it?

JazakAllah khayr
    Last edited by Foulana; 28-04-10 at 09:11 PM.

"How often we cry over Fate, but abundant good lies just behind it. O soul, it is goodness, even if it arrives after a while."

Foulana blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dear Admin,

I want a name, so are you willing to donate 1minute of your time to do it or shall I just register a new account?

Kind Regards,
    Remember the destroyer of all pleasures: Death.