See the amount of disapproval expressed in the next statement:
4. Alqamah relates that Abdullah Ibn Mas' ood (RA) said, "If only the mouth of the person reading behind the Imaam would be filled with soil (rubble). (Aathaarus Sunan 116:1, I'la'us Sunan 81:4)
5. Abu Jamrah says, "1 asked Abdullah Ibn Abbas (RA), 'Shall I recite when the Imaam is infront of me? , He replied, 'No." (Aathaarus Sunan 116:1, I'la'us Sunan 81:4 9. )
6. Ibn Abbas (RA) informs that the qira 'ah of the Imaam is sufficient for you whether he recites silently or aloud." (Darn Qutni 331: 1. I'la'us Sunan 82:4 )
7. Moosa Ibn Aqabah informed that Rasoolullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam), Hadhrat Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman (RA) would prohibit reciting behind the Imaam.? Umdatul Qari 67:3 ", II'la'us Sunan 84:4 )
8. Moosa Ibn Sa'ad Ibn Zaid Ibn Thabit narrates from his grandfather that he said; "Whoever recites behind the Imaam there is no Salaah for him. " (MuwattaMuharnmad 100, I'la'us Sunan 87:4)
9. Ibraheem Nakh'ay says, "The first action innovated (in the religion) was qira 'ah behind the Imaam. The Sahaabah did not recite behind the Imaam. " (AI Jawharun Naqih 169:4)
This is further strengthened by the following:
10. Ibraheem An Nakh'ay states, "The first person to read behind the Imaam was an accused person (an innovator). " (Muwatta Muhammad 100, I'Ia'us Sunan 89:4 )
11. Abdullah Ibn Zaid Ibn Aslam reports from his father that ten Companions of Rasoolullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) adamantly prohibited qira 'ahkhalfal-Imaam: Abu Bakr Siddique, Umar Farooq, Uthman Ibn Affan, Ali Ibn Abi Taalib, Abdur rahman Ibn Auf, Saad Ibn Abi Waqqas, Abdullah Ibn Mas' ood, Zaid Ibn Thaabit, Abdullah Ibn Umar and Abdullah Ibn Abbas (RA). (Qalaa'idul Azhaar 42:2 )
12. Hadhrat Ali (RA) states, "Whoever recites behind the Imaam, his Salaah is not valid. " In another hadith he says, "He has deviated from the correct disposition (nature). "(AI Jawharun Naqih218:2, IbnAbi Shaybah376:1 )
13. Sa'ad (RA) says, "I would like a burning ember to be in the mouth of the one who recites behind the Imaam. "(Abdur Razzaq 138:2, Ibn Abi Shaybah 376:2 )
What does Umar Ibnul Khattab say?
15. He says, "If only there could be a stone in the mouth of the one who recites behind the Imaam. " (Abdur Razzaq 128:2 )
Such great and exalted Companions of Rasoolullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) who were scholars as well, Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, Ali, Abdillah Ibn Umar, Jabir Ibn Abdullah, Abdullah Ibn Mas' ood, Abdullah Ibn Abbas, Sa'ad Ibn Abi Waqqas, Abdur Rahman Ibn Auf and great Tabi 'een like Muhammad Ibn Sireen, Ibraheem Nakh'ay and Awza'ee, etc., all echo the same words, 'There will be no qira 'ah for the muqtadi behind the Imaam. " Some of them were known to strictly enforce their view as well and others even said qira 'ah-khalfal-tmaam was an innovation.All this is in accordance to what the Hanafis say, "Do not recite behind the Imaam because the Imaam s qira 'ah is sufficient. "