Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Muslim Brother!

Sunni and Shia Marriage!?

Salaam Alaikum Sisters and brothers

I believe that it is permissible for a sunni to marry a shia, and the reason for that is mainly because they are considered Muslim!

what are your view points about sunni and shia marriage?

Re: Sunni and Shia Marriage!?

I can remain unmarried than marrying someone who curses Sahabah (RA) and having weard beliefs. Naudhubillah!

She loves a man who is not a Sunni and wants to marry him

i need to find some useful info about shias and thier difference between us sunnis... i know this man and he loves me very much and wishes to marry me - forever not the mut aa type of marraige, however i know his bsiefs are not in line with the sunnis so i ahve discussed this wiht him and he has agreed to to research the differences ..............

Praise be to Allaah.

We Sunnis wish all people well, and we ask Allaah to guide all those who are misled and to reward all those who obey Him. We hope that Allaah will guide those Raafidis…

The differences between the Ahl al-Sunnah (Sunnis) and the Raafidis are very great and are fundamental. For example, the Raafidis say that the Qur’aan was altered, and they condemn most of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) and think that they went astray; they exaggerate about their imaams and worship them, and give them precedence over the Prophets and angels; they go on pilgrimages to mashhads (shrines) and graves, where they do all kinds of actions of shirk, associating others in worship with Allaah. They also believe in hypocrisy (as a tenet of faith) and call it taqiyah (dissimulation), and they believe in al-badaa’(the notion that Allaah “changes His mind”), al-raj’ah (the Return, i.e., the raising of the dead to life again for some time in the same form as they were before) and absolute infallibility of their imaams, and in prostrating on a handful of clay…

We advise you to read "Al-Khutoot al-‘Areedah" by Muhibb al-Deen al-Khateeb [this book is available in English – Translator], or Mukhtasar al-Tuhfat al-Ithna’ ‘Ashariyyah by al-Dahlawi, or Fikrat al-Taqreeb bayna Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Shee’ah by Naasir al-Qaffaari.

And we advise you not to think of marrying this man… Whoever gives up something for the sake of Allaah, Allaah will compensate him with something better. We ask Allaah to make you strong and grant you a good life in this world and in the Hereafter.

We would also remind you that it is not permitted to have relationships with non-mahram men, as you will find explained clearly in Questions 2005 , 9465 And 1114 We ask Allaah to help you to do all that is good.

Shaykh Muhammad Aal ‘Abd al-Lateef
    Isalm qa

A Sunni woman is NOT permitted to marry a Shia man. Best not to get ourselves in such a mess in the first place.

YDoUwant2KnoIfImHappy/Not GuCcI's Avatar

what a mess that would be :\
    Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Quote Originally Posted by U-SeF View Post

I believe that it is permissible for a sunni to marry a shia, and the reason for that is mainly because they are considered Muslim!

If the shia bears enmity and hostility towards the Beloved Messenger's (saaw) Wives (ra), and the Sahaba (ra), how on earth can you get married to that individual ?

It's downright sickening.
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

if you can handle watching your spouse curse the sahaaba and the wives of the Prophet SAW at the breakfast table and your shia in laws.....then by all means go for it....you will be made for each other....if not, then stop it right now
    For The Non-Muslims:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlMBkJme8J4The ProphetSAW sed, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim.Islam- Why Pay For The Disease,When The Cure Is Free

if this does happen to people, i do wonder how the kids turn out :|

Quote Originally Posted by OurMuslimUmmah View Post
    i know a sister it happend to and she still thinks the sunshines out of him
    For The Non-Muslims:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlMBkJme8J4The ProphetSAW sed, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim.Islam- Why Pay For The Disease,When The Cure Is Free

Quote Originally Posted by OurMuslimUmmah View Post
    Probably something like this :

Quote Originally Posted by MG View Post
    i know a sister it happend to and she still thinks the sunshines out of him
    Ignorance is bliss (to some people).
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

There and back again... Safiyyah89's Avatar

I dont think its permissible

regardless, its something i would NEVER do, to me its like marrying a kuffar, so sorry aint happening
    ‎"when she is a daughter, she opens a door of jannah for her father. when she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband. when she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet. If everyone knew the status of a muslim women in islam, even men would want to be women." Sheikh Akram Nadawi

I believe that it is permissible for a sunni to marry a shia,

And you are who ?

Just cos you think its permissible doesnt mean it is.

Stop thinking the progressive bs 24/7

PS Define whats a Muslim.

Well personally i couldnt be able to coz it way to many differences!
    But my cousin is married to a shia and ma other cousin is engaged to a shia. They said that as long as they are muslims then its ok. i wouldnt go far and label them as non muslims though. btw not all shia curse the sahaba and not all shia think that the qur'an is altered.

~*~ Never give up making du3a to Allah (s.w.t) ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by Zebunissa View Post
    A Sunni woman is NOT permitted to marry a Shia man. Best not to get ourselves in such a mess in the first place.
    I dont think sunni men are allowed either.

a friend of mine has a shi'i dad, sunni mum

hmm...
    Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

Quote Originally Posted by Mu'minah2 View Post
    a friend of mine has a shi'i dad, sunni mum

hmm...
    Good for her, lets see whether she follows truth over shirk.

asalamu alaikum

it's a disaster waiting to happen. for both sunni men and women.

can you imagine how confused the kids will be. they'll have one parents that praises the sahabas and another parent who slanders them (now im not saying all shi'aas slander the sahabas because not all of them do. but a great deal of them do)
    Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.”
    (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

Quote Originally Posted by sis_niqabi View Post
    asalamu alaikum

it's a disaster waiting to happen. for both sunni men and women.

can you imagine how confused the kids will be. they'll have one parents that praises the sahabas and another parent who slanders them (now im not saying all shi'aas slander the sahabas because not all of them do. but a great deal of them do)
    yeah
    i remember once i think we just came across the topic...this was like..5 years ago?
    and she was like sunni and si'i are the same thing..

so yeah i guess its difficult...
    Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

auoodhu billahi, y would anyone want to marry someone whos fundamental belief is to curse the sahabas who were also promised Jannah, and the beloved wives (may Allah be pleased with them) of our Holy Prophet (salallhu alayhe wa sallam). May Allah guide those whom are astray.
    p.s. this is a really good website regarding shia's, and uses their own sources against them.

http://www.ahlelbayt.com/

Quote Originally Posted by milkybarkid View Post
    auoodhu billahi, y would anyone want to marry someone whos fundamental belief is to curse the sahabas who were also promised Jannah, and the beloved wives (may Allah be pleased with them) of our Holy Prophet (salallhu alayhe wa sallam). May Allah guide those whom are astray.
    p.s. this is a really good website regarding shia's, and uses their own sources against them.

http://www.ahlelbayt.com/
    That website is really good if you want an insight onto how corrupt the shias are. In fact debate the shias using their own facts lol, they speak for themselves.

"“If a man should contract a temporary marriage with a fornicatress, it is his duty to command her not to perform adultery. But this is not a necessary condition of the marriage…”"

You'll be contracting more than that if you follow this AIDS monkey i can tell you lol!

lol nikkah mutah...its just basically legalised prostitution

Quote Originally Posted by Peacenik View Post
    is that meant to be an arguement ?
    looks like the brunette wants a bite of the blondie's hand :/

i dont agree with sunni and shia marriage, because majority of shia are considered as non muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by *hijab* View Post

i dont agree with sunni and shia marriage, because majority of shia are considered as non muslims.

You have to look at their individual beliefs; some are out of the fold of Islam, some are within (albeit barely).

You have to look at their individual beliefs; some are out of the fold of Islam, some are within (albeit barely).
    yeh thts why i said majority...

i mean i have heard there are diff sects within the shia people, and ONE i think is inside the fold of islam, because they have a slight diff opionion on something, and i heard this in a talk by shiekh Faisal....but majority of the sects are considered outside the fold of islam.

Quote Originally Posted by *hijab* View Post
    yeh thts why i said majority...

i mean i have heard there are diff sects within the shia people, and ONE i think is inside the fold of islam, because they have a slight diff opionion on something, and i heard this in a talk by shiekh Faisal....but majority of the sects are considered outside the fold of islam.
    Yep; best thing to do, would be to stay away from all that (unless you have a chance to give them Dawah).

Yep; best thing to do, would be to stay away from all that (unless you have a chance to give them Dawah).
    yh...getting married to one is even worse

i dont even think it would be considered valid as they out the fold of islam?

Muslim Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by NNL View Post

And you are who ?

Just cos you think its permissible doesnt mean it is.

Stop thinking the progressive bs 24/7

PS Define whats a Muslim.
    Hello, My name is Yusuf!

First off, all i would like to start with saying that i am a male!

second, i said i believe it's permissible to hear all your opinions. i am not officially declaring it from that statement.

Third, we need to progress sometime and all unite.

fourth: What i believe a Muslim is:
    -One who believes in the 5 Pillars of ISLAM
    -one who believes in God, the teachings of the Quran, and the teaching of the prophet (saw) .
    -and one whom is allowed to enter Mecca to make Hajj, when Mecca is a Muslim ONLY CITY!
    -And One who respects the prophets(saw) choices and doesn't insult the Sahabah (RA). To find a Shia that insults the Sahabah (RA) is just like when i came across a Sunni Insulting Ali (RA) and his Family (RA)... those are just extremes

AND SO FAR ALL THE SHIA THAT I MET FALL UNDER THOSE CONDITIONS.

In the Quran it says that it is permissible to marry a Christian or a Jew. and i can guarantee you that you all have more in common with a Shia Muslim than those other religions.
    Last edited by U-SeF; 03-07-09 at 12:20 PM.
    Brothers and sisters of ISLAM it's time to UNITE!

Hello, My name is Yusuf!

First off, all i would like to start with saying that i am a male!

second, i said i believe it's permissible to hear all your opinions. i am not officially declaring it from that statement.

Third, we need to progress sometime and all unite.

fourth: What i believe a Muslim is:
    -One who believes in the 5 Pillars of ISLAM
    -one who believes in God, the teachings of the Quran, and the teaching of the prophet (saw) .
    -and one whom is allowed to enter Mecca to make Hajj, when Mecca is a Muslim ONLY CITY!
    -And One who respects the prophets(saw) choices and doesn't insult the Sahabah (RA). To find a Shia that insults the Sahabah (RA) is just like when i came across a Sunni Insulting Ali (RA) and his Family (RA)... those are just extremes

AND SO FAR ALL THE SHIA THAT I MET FALL UNDER THOSE CONDITIONS.

In the Quran it says that it is permissible to marry a Christian or a Jew. and i can guarantee you that you all have more in common with a Shia Muslim than those other religions.
    all those beliefs above are questionable when it comes to a shia, as practicing taqqiya (covering their true beliefs) is a part of shia beliefs too
    For The Non-Muslims:

Quote Originally Posted by MG View Post
    all those beliefs above are questionable when it comes to a shia, as practicing taqqiya (covering their true beliefs) is a part of shia beliefs too
    Hence why you can't have a discussion with them.

Which Sunni can disrespect Ali (RA) and his family (RA)

Say NO! to Shia-Sunni marriage.

Say NO! to racism too.

Wassalam.
    "How often it is that a small action is made great by its intention, and a great action is made small by its intention." [Abdullah ibn al-Mubarak]

The Messenger of Allah raised us, And with Islam gave us life,
    And taught us to become... aides to the religion of Allah
    We became united by the light of his guidance, As brethren and like relatives
    And he watered our souls every time... we were thirsty for faith.
    Rasul Allah Nasheed by Abu Ali

shias are not Muslims. People who attribute divine attirbutes to their imams and who accuse the prophets wife of being an adulteress and who call the sahabah kaffirs, cannot be considered Muslims:

Sunnis vs. Shi'ites - An Outline Of The Differences Between The Sunnis and The Shi'Ite in Matters of Faith And Doctrine

ahlelbayt.com - a Sunni Perspective

Shia's and Shiaism, there Genesis and Evolution

Sunnis vs. Shi`ites - Exposing Shiah lies and filthy accusations against the Sahabah

Ansar Al-Hussain page ( Sunni-Shiai Dialogue)

Sons of Sunnah Iran - How Sunnis are being persecuted by Shiahs in Iran

Khutoot ul Areedah: A Refutation And Exposition of The Sources of Shi'is

There and back again... Safiyyah89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Blade View Post

Say NO! to Shia-Sunni marriage.

Say NO! to racism too.

Wassalam.
    yepp, i second that
    ‎"when she is a daughter, she opens a door of jannah for her father. when she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband. when she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet. If everyone knew the status of a muslim women in islam, even men would want to be women." Sheikh Akram Nadawi

Muslim Brother!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090805/...ixed_marriages

We should unite and end this silly vendetta, in Iraq, once and for all!

The Ummah must unite for us to fight the evil of the world.

If your not with the Ummah, you are just another person that is against it.
    Brothers and sisters of ISLAM it's time to UNITE!

errm...did you marry the shia woman then?
    For The Non-Muslims:

An Akh in Islam

Salaam,

Definetly no, shia aren't classed as "muslims" the word muslim is only given to a person who worships Allah (swt) alone and follows the teachings of nabi (saw).

A kaffir who raises his hands in call for God alone does not make the kaffir a muslim even if Allah (swt) answers his prayers. Its following the criteria set by Allah (swt) and following the teachings of nabi (saw) that would make a person a true muslim, remember its the heart that makes a person a muslim and not the label on him.

So a shia and a sunni marriage wouldnt work just how a muslim marrying a kaffir wouldnt work, how will the children be raised?

Salaam
    Allahumma Insur Al-Islam Wal-Muslimeen

Ahasiban naasu ay yutrakoo ay yaqooloo aamannaa wa hum laa yuftanoon. (Do men imagine that they will be left (at ease) because they say, We believe, and will not be tested with affliction? Surah 29 (2)

Account Disabled

16 days to go
    That sounds sooo like bush.

Account Disabled

Shia and Sunni marriage?? You lot are crazy...
    Its haram to Marry a Kafir who is not from the people of the book for the guys and no kuffar full stop for the Sisters...

The Shia are the worst of creation, they are lower then the normal Kuffar.Like Shaykul Islam said, Its better to be a normal Kafir then a Rafid Shia.

And Unity amongst the Muslims? People need to realise , the Ummah has never united and it will never unite, we can work with each other not together. (we can't do anything with or together with the Filth of the Shia, apart from one thing against eachother.)

May Allah swt Destroy those from among them He has willed no guidance to Islam. Ameen.
    Last edited by Madkali; 05-08-09 at 10:37 PM.

What's an odan?

Ameen, He*.

Its possible - but difficult and depends on how accomodating the two individuals are willling to be.

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by muhammed_1428 View Post
    Ameen, He*.

Its possible - but difficult and depends on how accomodating the two individuals are willling to be.
    It doesn’t matter how accommodating the two are, Its HARAM.
    The one who is Muslim (i.e Sunni) will be living the rest of his/her life in SIN.