Those who know me and following my previous threads, know that i am in the midst of starting my career. Just for a revival, i have recently completed my MBA and i am a born again Muslim (3 yrs ago). Now after completion of MBA, i find that it is very difficult to get a 100% Halal job in the corporate sector. I am very confused and very tensed over my career. I did my MBA in Human Resource and Information Technology but due to circumstances i can't go in either of the stream. HR Person has to do Payroll management which includes writing down Riba in the form of Employee provident fund and employee schemes. Regarding IT, i don't have any background in IT except my MBA degree so i can't get core IT jobs like IT project associate, what i am getting are marketing jobs for IT companies. I don't want to opt for marketing jobs because of the below given reasons : -
I have always a geek and IT person(except programming), i love to do things technically but i don't have any degree in IT. I want to go into Hardware, Networking and System Admin domain
My parents are telling to get a lecturer job in some MBA college for teaching HR subjects. My i never had a interest in HR, i just took it in my MBA because i had no other choice.
Anyway, coming to my original question. Please guide me which career i should go for (i have my keen interest in IT - Anyone from System Admin, Network Admin side ? ) And these are career which are totally Haram or contain Haram content in it
Please help me brothers and sisters. I am very desperate.
• I have not included the clause of mixing of sexes but that is next to impossible if you are living anywhere in the world outside KSA (or maybe some parts of Iran)
• I have not included Haram transactions (for eg. It is Haram to sell any goods which you don’t personally possess)
• Please keep on adding Haram Jobs in this list
• I have taken the Help of Islamqa.com to compile this list
• The key principle of this is this Ayaat and Hadith
“Help you one another in Al-Birr and At-Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allaah. Verily, Allaah is Severe in punishment”
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever calls others to guidance will have a reward like the rewards of those who follow him, without that detracting from their reward in any way. And whoever calls others to misguidance will have a burden of sin like the burden of those who follow him, without that detracting from their burden in any way.” Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh (4832).
1. Working in Riba based BFSI (Banking, Financial Services and Insurance) sector in any department and in any profile.
2. Media organizations where the content is Haram and/or the Advertisments are Haram
3. Working in Alcohol companies or breweries
4. Waiter in Five star Restaurants where he or she has to serve alcohol
5. Chef who has to include pork or alcohol while making dishes
6. An HR person who has to do payroll management because it includes writing and becoming witness of Riba based transaction in the form of Employee Provident Fund (EPF) and Employee insurance Schemes
7. Any job which involves touching or shaking hands with Non-Mehrams
8. Any job which involves being alone with a Non-Mehram male or female
9. Singer (singing Haram lyrics and containing prohibited musical instruments)
10. Actor (relaxation in case where the person is doing something Islamic under the purview of Sharia)
13. Director (of Haram Movies)
14. Producer (of Haram Movies)
15. Marketing Professional (who does marketing of Haram Products and services)
16. Marketing Professional (who does marketing of Halal goods and services but tell lies on a regular basis to lure customers)
17. A person who takes bribes
18. An IT person who develops software / designs website / design database for Haram companies for eg. Banks, Media companies, Music Companies, Pornography, Alcohol, Temples, and Churches etc.
19. A printing press where they Print pictures of Women, Idols of Gods and other harmful material
20. Selling dresses for women which reveal their Awrah
21. Selling statutes and idols
22. Selling magazine, books, posters of Actor and Actresses and other Haram content in it
23. Civil engineer / architect who helps in designing Banks, Gambling dens, Bars
24. Working in a software company who primarily deals in Astrological products.
25. Selling the CDs of Movies and Music (Hollywood – Bollywood)
26. Selling Video Games (All video games contain music, some even contain vulgarity, profanity and excessive violence)
27. Selling Music players and music systems (where we are very well aware that the customer will be using to listen to Haraam music)
28. Selling Dish TV set-top boxes where we know that all the Channels would be Haram Channels
29. Running a Webhosting service and giving services to everyone, independent to the content of his or her site which would be hosted on our server
30. People having earning from Google Adsense where they may get revenue from display of Haram Ads
31. Women working in any job which requires them to remove their Hijaab
32. Painting / Designing / Selling / Marketing any product or service which would specifically be used by a Church / Temple / Gurudwara / Synagogue etc.
33. Fighting election and becoming a political person (Minister / Member of Parliament/ Senate) in a Non-Muslim country where the state would be run by man-made laws and ultimate sovereignty would lie in the man-made constitution of that state.
34. Male doctors treating female patients and vice-versa, unless in case of acute necessity.
35. Males becoming Gynecologist or obstetrician
36. Teaching man-made laws on governance and criminal justice
37. Serving in an Army of a country which ‘specializes’ in killing Innocent Muslims and innocent people of any other faith in general (for Eg. US and Israel)
38. Printing Clothes with Animated objects on it
39. Animator working for commercial unIslamic movies (where is animating Animals/Human for purposes other than education Children)
40. Photographer / Videographer who takes photos of women revealing their awrah
Please continue adding to this list