Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

What are the benefits of reading daily Manzil

So....what actually are the benefits of reading manzil. I have seen my father read it through thick and thin, come and rain or shine, on the plane, on the train, in the car, every morning and evening without fail, everywhere we have been.

He tells me to read it also.....what are the exact benefits of reading these ayahs?

Im sorry if this is a silly question......but if I dont ask I wont learn
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

Revive A Sunnah

The Qur'an Club !!

Re: What are the benefits of reading daily Manzil

i read everyday too, alhamdulillah.

http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

What's manzil ?
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

a collection of Ayah's from the Quran.

read link inshallah.
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '

i recently sent a SAE to Fisabilillah's address asking for all their selection of books ( i think have most of them including manzil but not all of them) i hope they respond inshallah.

Brother med mentioned it only a few days ago on here
    For The Non-Muslims:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlMBkJme8J4The ProphetSAW sed, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim.Islam- Why Pay For The Disease,When The Cure Is Free

http://www.scribd.com/doc/941902/Manzil
    Here is a link in pdf with Intro & translation.
    I will try to upload the audio file as well.

An Armed man is a citizen, and Unarmed man is a Subject.
    Anthony Soprano.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilani View Post
    Here is a link in pdf with Intro & translation.
    I will try to upload the audio file as well.
    The Manzil comprises the following verses of the Quran:

Surah Al-Fatihah (chapter 1): verses 1 to 7
    Surah Al-Bakarah (chapter 2): verses 1 to 5, 163, 255 to 257, and 284 to 286
    Surah Al-Imran (chapter 3): verses 18, 26 and 27
    Surah Al-A'araf (chapter 7): verses 54 to 56
    Surah Al-Israa (chapter 17): verses 110 and 111
    Surah Al-Muminoon (chapter 23): verses 115 to 118
    Surah Al-Saaffaat (chapter 37): verses 1 to 11
    Surah Al-Rehman (chapter 55): verses 33 to 40
    Surah Al-Hashr (chapter 59): verses 21 to 24
    Surah Al-Jinn (chapter 72): verses 1 to 4
    Surah Al-Kaafiroon (chapter 109): verses 1 to 6
    Surah Al-Ikhlas (chapter 112): verses 1 to 4
    Surah Al-Falaq (chapter 113): verses 1 to 5
    Surah Al-Naas (chapter 114): verses 1 to 6
    The entire manzil is prescribed to be read one or three times in one sitting. This may be performed once or twice a day, in the latter case once in the morning and once in the evening.

Anthony Soprano.

The entire manzil is prescribed to be read one or three times in one sitting. This may be performed once or twice a day, in the latter case once in the morning and once in the evening.
    http://daawah.com/doa/manzil.html
    download link at the bottom of the page in HQ mp3 format.

Anthony Soprano.

وَالْعَصْرِ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

Revive A Sunnah

The Qur'an Club !!

I read in one of Hadrat Shaykh's books that it is a collection of ayaat which are powerful in protecting oneself from nazar, jinnaat, black magic and evil in general. There's a lot of barakaat in the ayaat that are compiled thered mashaALLAH. it only takes like under 10 mins to read aswell.
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

really easy to memorize too, if you read it everyday inshallah

I don't think many would agree with what you've said. They would ask you for authentic sources from the Hadith (to accept this).
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

They are ayah's from the Quran. and it is recommended to reaf it once every day or more, not mustahab, sunnah, fardh etc. simply recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacenik View Post
    I don't think many would agree with what you've said. They would ask you for authentic sources from the Hadith (to accept this).
    Brother I couldnt give you any references to that effect but like K said it is Quran 100%. It is widely read in Pakistan atleast as such.

Anthony Soprano.

again, just bcoz its quran , u cant say that u SHOULD read this part of it every single day n just these ayah, n so on,
    of course the quran is blessing to us , and a pure , but it dont mean that we just specifically read certian parts everyday ,
    we should keep it to what the prophet used to do everyday n what dua he ( phuh) would read, these dua's are related to us in the hadith and we all on the very famous hadith regarding ayat ul-kusri,

i know most ppl will disagree with me on what i hav said, the practice that is spoken about is very famous in pakistani cultures, coming from the ssame origin of put reciting certain quranic ayah and blowing into water n drinking it n whatnot

yes as keekee has said it its 100% quran , and its just recommended.
    but y do the recommended when the prophet (phuh) has told us and are superior to "just recommended"

just look at fortress of muslim and u can see it for urself how many dua they are in there, and the virtues of some ayah over others, n these are said by the prophet not any other shaikh,
    so instead of following certain culture/tradition/ ppl / group , just follow the practice of the prophet n the sahaba, and im not saying any of u are, but im just speaking general that , this is the case now days,

if i hav said anything wrong then tell me, but proven it will the quran n the sunnah,
    salam

People seem to be missing the point. Some, if not all, of the ayat that are recited were read on a daily basis by Sayyidina Rasulullah or they were recommended to be read daily. eg. the ayat one should read before bed, they are included in manzil - 4 quls, ayatul kursi, other ayaat from Suratul Baqarah etc etc.
    Last edited by Medievalist; 14-05-09 at 06:52 PM.
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

exactly.

I don't see the problem. ayah's regarding sihr etc from the Quran the book of Allah, recommended to read daily, NOT instead of reading Quran but as part of ma'mulaat. simple.

Lightbulb Re: What are the benefits of reading daily Manzil

I never miss it to recite it everyday! you can feel the difference inshallah.

Quote Originally Posted by ibn_abdul View Post
    again, just bcoz its quran , u cant say that u SHOULD read this part of it every single day n just these ayah, n so on,
    of course the quran is blessing to us , and a pure , but it dont mean that we just specifically read certian parts everyday ,
    we should keep it to what the prophet used to do everyday n what dua he ( phuh) would read, these dua's are related to us in the hadith and we all on the very famous hadith regarding ayat ul-kusri,

i know most ppl will disagree with me on what i hav said, the practice that is spoken about is very famous in pakistani cultures, coming from the ssame origin of put reciting certain quranic ayah and blowing into water n drinking it n whatnot

yes as keekee has said it its 100% quran , and its just recommended.
    but y do the recommended when the prophet (phuh) has told us and are superior to "just recommended"

just look at fortress of muslim and u can see it for urself how many dua they are in there, and the virtues of some ayah over others, n these are said by the prophet not any other shaikh,
    so instead of following certain culture/tradition/ ppl / group , just follow the practice of the prophet n the sahaba, and im not saying any of u are, but im just speaking general that , this is the case now days,

if i hav said anything wrong then tell me, but proven it will the quran n the sunnah,
    salam
    its got nothing to do with pakistani culture. the shaikh who bought these ayahs together was an indian and this manzil is read by Muslims all over the world. there is nothing cultural in reading Quran, and i frankly find it ridiculous that you even thought of such a thing, no offense intended.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeKee View Post
    its got nothing to do with pakistani culture. the shaikh who bought these ayahs together was an indian and this manzil is read by Muslims all over the world. there is nothing cultural in reading Quran, and i frankly find it ridiculous that you even thought of such a thing, no offense intended.
    u hav just picked that part of my comment n added ur own meaning to it, i didnt say its cultural about reading the quran , but i said "coming from the ssame origin of put reciting certain quranic ayah and blowing into water n drinking it n whatnot" , nor i said its only done by pakistanis or they the ones who made it, but said its very famous there.
    being a pakistani i had heard many strange things , such as saying on ur fingers , khaf haa yaa ayn saad ( the start of surah maryam ) and u will be granted such things, and what is what i mean. had we practise what the prophet done n prioritise our deeds from fard to sunnah, then it will become clear,

im not saying it is bidah or it is not gd , however what im saying is that IF it is not specifically done by the prophet then we shouldnt be gonig around n saying that we recite this ayah everyday .

there is simple principle in fiqh, everything is halal until proven haram, but everything is haram in acts of worship until proven halal.

recite the manzil but just no if the prophet done it or not,

This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. - 5:3

salam

:

what you fail to understand, is that nobody is saying you HAVE to read this everyday, it is rather, RECOMMENDED to read it everyday. there is nothing in this thread that talks about putting things in water and drinking it, or saying something on your fingers (?), but about the reading of a few Quranic ayah's.
    so if you have some concerns kindly make a new thread, as this thread is about reading a compilation of a few Quranic ayah's which have been recommended to read, and not about taweez's etc. Also, you do not need fiqh to tell you which Quranic Ayah's to read and when. you are misunderstanding the entire thing.

Chillin' with my axe

They are ayah's from the Quran. and it is recommended to reaf it once every day or more, not mustahab, sunnah, fardh etc. simply recommended.
    Pssst... mustahab means recommended.

no no- recommended by the SCHOLARS^

Chillin' with my axe

Oh, you meant not mustahab from Sunnah.

Sorry.

no prob

jen if you need manzil copies i can send em to you ^

no no I have copies...I mostly know it like you, having spent so many of my years listening to dad recite it anyway.....just abt time I got myself in to gear with reagrds to reciting it

Thanks anyway
    وَالْعَصْرِ

Revive A Sunnah

The Qur'an Club !!

no prob
    just make it a part of your daily ma'mulaat inshallah. i'v gotten into the habit of reading it after maghrib along with surah sajdah etc. Our new day begins after sunset so i figured best time to read it.

KeeKee I already have my daily routine....its just trying to fit it all in.....

If only there were 25 hours in my day.....then Id have time for everything
    وَالْعَصْرِ

Revive A Sunnah

The Qur'an Club !!

you CAN fit it all in sis inshallah, there are so many times during the day we are doing something i.e cooking, working, ironing, just going somewhere....if you do say, your daily dhikr at that time then that would leave you a half hour, maybe 15 minutes to fit in any extra you want to do. plus reading manzil takes less than five minutes.
    for example, early morning, shortly after fajr- say you read salatul Ishraaq, 2 rakah. Its a good idea to read manzil then too, or with surah yaseen after fajr. or There is four rakah Salatul Chasht just before zuhr, in which you can fit in 5 minutes of dhikr maybe.Or you can read it salatul awwabeen after maghrib, if thats too late then earlier after maghrib.
    Time doesn't slow down for us, we have to make time.

lol .....
    Last edited by Jenicca; 18-11-11 at 11:28 AM.
    وَالْعَصْرِ

Revive A Sunnah

The Qur'an Club !!

trust me my life isn't about me. I don't even know i am really, i haven't found myself yet.

i wouldn't mind swapping lives for a week
    oh trust me i was exactly the same. i never did anything i didn't want to, and this routine i built up over the few years after high school. I don't do as much as i should but i do as much as i can without doing too much so that i think ' oh i can't do this, i have to pray'
    its best we do little with conviction and sincerity, than lots without sincerity. so slowly is best anyway

None of us do as much as we ought to....but my way works for me...., slowly, steady and surely....one step at a time Inshallah
    وَالْعَصْرِ

Revive A Sunnah

The Qur'an Club !!

Quote Originally Posted by ibn_abdul View Post
    recite the manzil but just no if the prophet done it or not,

This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. - 5:3

salam
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacenik View Post
    They would ask you for authentic sources from the Hadith (to accept this).
    :
    there is nothing in this thread that talks about putting things in water and drinking it, or saying something on your fingers (?), but about the reading of a few Quranic ayah's.
    so if you have some concerns kindly make a new thread, as this thread is about reading a compilation of a few Quranic ayah's which have been recommended to read, and not about taweez's etc. Also, you do not need fiqh to tell you which Quranic Ayah's to read and when. you are misunderstanding the entire thing.
    Hadhrat Ubay bin Ka'b (rd) reports that he was once with Rasulullaah (sw) when a Bedouin came and said, "O Nabi of Allaah (sw)! I have a brother who is suffering." "What is it that ails him?" Rasulullaah (sw) asked. When the man explained that his brother was affected by the Jinn, Rasulullaah (sw) told him to bring his brother to him. (When the man came) Rasulullaah (sw) seated the man in front of him and recited the following to secure protection for him (against the Jinn):

(After Rasulullaah(sw) recited these before him) The man then stood up as if he had never had any ailment whatsoever.(Ahmad, Haakim and Tirmidhi,as quoted in Kanzul Ummaal (Vol.1 Pg.212).)

SubhanAllah i wondered always how scholars recomanded it always when it have no basis!
    Last edited by junaid123; 03-06-09 at 09:55 AM.
    Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) is also reported to have said: “He who is very hasty and so bold as to pass verdicts is also bold in taking the path towards hell

to all those that replied
    وَالْعَصْرِ

Revive A Sunnah

The Qur'an Club !!

♥ a crooked rib ♥ ~TwinklingStar~'s Avatar

Manzil is my life-line lol

If I don't read it once during the day, I feel that my day has been incomplete.

Muslim's Point Of View... True Life's Avatar

Recited by Qari Ayyub Essack from South Africa.

Please Re-update your Signature

You can read manzil at the following web page online. At some places the text is missing, I don't know what is the reason for it. Pray for me as well.

Regular recitation will definitely strengthen the baatin, keep us safeguarded from all evils and increase our connection with Allah.

It would be a good idea to make dua after reading this too because many of the great names of Allah are used throughout.

وَالْعَصْرِ

Revive A Sunnah

The Qur'an Club !!

.…
    Last edited by -Jibril-; 13-11-13 at 03:49 AM.
    There is rest only in the aakhira.
    Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.
    - Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
    and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
    then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.
    - Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -