Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Question What does "completing Half your deen" mean???

As-salam alaikum.

What does "completing Half your deen" mean??...i have some idea, but need an explanation

if this has alredy been discussed can somebody plz give me the link.

....And just one more small ques: Is it easy to get married these days??

Jazakallah
    Last edited by Usmi; 07-05-09 at 08:15 PM. Reason: fgrot something

Odan

Re: What does "completing Half your deen" mean???

check out halfourdeen.com

it is not easy to get maaried. As getting married will be completing half your deen which will lead you closer to jannah which is not easy to get to.

Some people take months if not years finding the right compatabile spouse.

i know some people had met more then 10 prospective women and took over 2 years, he had a degree and well paid job too.

he told me about ne of his meetings the muslim sister mother was horible to him.

Quote Originally Posted by rizwan.786 View Post
    check out halfourdeen.com

it is not easy to get maaried. As getting married will be completing half your deen which will lead you closer to jannah which is not easy to get to.

Some people take months if not years finding the right compatabile spouse.

i know some people had met more then 10 prospective women and took over 2 years, he had a degree and well paid job too.

he told me about ne of his meetings the muslim sister mother was horible to him.
    true it is hard..but wht ur saying does not happen always rite?

Quote Originally Posted by Usmi View Post
    true it is hard..but wht ur saying does not happen always rite?

i agree.. that is not the case all the time.. i think it is best to perform salatul istehara and leave it in the hands of Allah..
    Narrated Abu Musa: Some people asked Allah's Apostle, "Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?" He replied, "One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands." (Book #2, Hadith #10)

Quote Originally Posted by sunni_ninja View Post

i agree.. that is not the case all the time.. i think it is best to perform salatul istehara and leave it in the hands of Allah..
    yes tawakkal is the best thing to do..

dont go on halfyourdeen.com, wont do you any good.

Anas ibn Maalik (R) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (S) said:
    whoever Allaah blesses with a righteous wife, then He has assisted him in half of his deen. So therefore, let him fear Allaah in the other half. (Al-Mustadrak: 10/2681) Al-Albaanee declared the hadeeth hasan in Saheeh At-Targheeb (1916)

here is Al-Manaawee explanation of this hadith:
    'That is because the greatest trial that takes a significant toll on a person's deen are the desires of the stomach and the desires of the private parts, and a righteous woman safeguards a man from zinaa, which accounts for the first half. Hence, the second half remains and that is the desires of the stomach. Thus he (S) advised him with taqwaa so he can perfect his deen and obtain istiqaamah (be upright and obedient).' He also said, “He (S) specifically mentioned a righteous wife because a woman who is otherwise may safeguard her husband from zinaa, however she would make him bend his back over trying to obtain worthless things from that which is haraam.” (Al-Faydul-Qadeer: hadeeth nos. 8704)

hope you now understand InshAllah.

Is it easy to get married these days??
    it depends, if you are picky then yes it would be hard. if not then it would be much easier, i may be wrong. its different for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by OurMuslimUmmah View Post
    dont go on halfyourdeen.com, wont do you any good.

whoever Allaah blesses with a righteous wife, then He has assisted him in half of his deen. So therefore, let him fear Allaah in the other half. (Al-Mustadrak: 10/2681) Al-Albaanee declared the hadeeth hasan in Saheeh At-Targheeb (1916)

here is Al-Manaawee explanation of this hadith:
    'That is because the greatest trial that takes a significant toll on a person's deen are the desires of the stomach and the desires of the private parts, and a righteous woman safeguards a man from zinaa, which accounts for the first half. Hence, the second half remains and that is the desires of the stomach. Thus he (S) advised him with taqwaa so he can perfect his deen and obtain istiqaamah (be upright and obedient).' He also said, “He (S) specifically mentioned a righteous wife because a woman who is otherwise may safeguard her husband from zinaa, however she would make him bend his back over trying to obtain worthless things from that which is haraam.” (Al-Faydul-Qadeer: hadeeth nos. 8704)

hope you now understand InshAllah.

Is it easy to get married these days??
    it depends, if you are picky then yes it would be hard. if not then it would be much easier, i may be wrong. its different for everyone.
    ... i wont go there..

yes alhumdulilah i understand now. Picky in the sense that i look for really good looks and stuff like tht rite? ..well m not tht into good looks since i see some women who have "good" looks but are just horrible in character. BUt at the same time i see muslim women who have good character as well..

for example there is a sister in my class who has started wearing the hijab since october of last year. Her character is good, and has zeal for info regarding islam...

I think it puts marriage into perspective.. it's not the "hollywood" style "happy ever after".. though for sure Allah azzawajaal puts tranquility and mercy in a home where each are submitted to Him and are married for His Sake and to seek His pleasure..

Marriages start with such promise.. and alhamdulillah many continue that way and go from strength to strength.. but now adays so many marry and at the first sign of trouble "want out". Yet we are called to be patient.. to see that after every hardship comes ease. ..

A righteous worshipping husband/wife helps us to continue on in our Islam. Each day we have someone near us to enjoin the good and forbid the evil, we have a garment to protect us from zinaa.. we have someone to encourage us to pray when we become lax, to think through big issues that relate to our deen. Masha'Allah.. if we tried to do this ourselves, by ourselves we would struggle, which is why we are called to ensure the one we marry has "good deen and character" as women and men to find a "righteous" wife.

It's equaly important that we are to "fear" Allah in the rest. We so quickly quote the first part of the hadith.. that it's half our deen.. but forget the rest of it.. yet it's equally important.

When our marriages are struggling.. or we find ourselves in trials we are finding difficult to deal with.. we are told to "fear Allah in the rest."

The two must go together.. seeing marriage as the place where half our deen is "played out".. and in doing so .. we "fear Allah" and trust Him to help us in that and all our affairs.

No one ever promised "happily ever after".

Ustadha Hedaya Hartford wrote a book entitled Initiating and Upholding an Islamic Marriage: Starting off on the Right Foot"

in it she states

A successful marriage is not a complicated proposition but a jihad against egotism waged by mastering the same few "integrals of success" - patience, self-sacrifice, good humor, and effort. All this, in the path of pleasing and obeying, first and last, Allah and His Messenger (saws)

.The Prophet sal Allahu alaiyhi wa sallam said, “I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners.”
    http://jameelah61.wordpress.com/

i heard a sheikh explain this and the exp was along the lines of this (slightly embarrassing but it has to be known)

two things that will take people to jahanum

1) tongue

2) private parts

therefore my getting married; you have protected numb 2

so u have completed and protected half your deen

and worrying about the other half can mainly relate and revolve around the tongue
    Last edited by *hijab*; 07-05-09 at 09:37 PM.

... i wont go there..

yes alhumdulilah i understand now. Picky in the sense that i look for really good looks and stuff like tht rite? ..well m not tht into good looks since i see some women who have "good" looks but are just horrible in character. BUt at the same time i see muslim women who have good character as well..

for example there is a sister in my class who has started wearing the hijab since october of last year. Her character is good, and has zeal for info regarding islam...
    yes, picky as in you want specific height, education wise, family background etc.
    if you want to proceed with the sister then do so, but in a halal way or you could just get others to do it for you, although thats going to make things long flex.

Quote Originally Posted by carol_au View Post
    I think it puts marriage into perspective.. it's not the "hollywood" style "happy ever after".. though for sure Allah azzawajaal puts tranquility and mercy in a home where each are submitted to Him and are married for His Sake and to seek His pleasure..

Marriages start with such promise.. and alhamdulillah many continue that way and go from strength to strength.. but now adays so many marry and at the first sign of trouble "want out". Yet we are called to be patient.. to see that after every hardship comes ease. ..

A righteous worshipping husband/wife helps us to continue on in our Islam. Each day we have someone near us to enjoin the good and forbid the evil, we have a garment to protect us from zinaa.. we have someone to encourage us to pray when we become lax, to think through big issues that relate to our deen. Masha'Allah.. if we tried to do this ourselves, by ourselves we would struggle, which is why we are called to ensure the one we marry has "good deen and character" as women and men to find a "righteous" wife.

It's equaly important that we are to "fear" Allah in the rest. We so quickly quote the first part of the hadith.. that it's half our deen.. but forget the rest of it.. yet it's equally important.

When our marriages are struggling.. or we find ourselves in trials we are finding difficult to deal with.. we are told to "fear Allah in the rest."

The two must go together.. seeing marriage as the place where half our deen is "played out".. and in doing so .. we "fear Allah" and trust Him to help us in that and all our affairs.

No one ever promised "happily ever after".

Ustadha Hedaya Hartford wrote a book entitled Initiating and Upholding an Islamic Marriage: Starting off on the Right Foot"

in it she states

A successful marriage is not a complicated proposition but a jihad against egotism waged by mastering the same few "integrals of success" - patience, self-sacrifice, good humor, and effort. All this, in the path of pleasing and obeying, first and last, Allah and His Messenger (saws)

jazakallah for the beautiful explanation

yes, picky as in you want specific height, education wise, family background etc.
    if you want to proceed with the sister then do so, but in a halal way or you could just get others to do it for you, although thats going to make things long flex.
    Im not sure. Not sure in the sense, that i dont know if someone better will come...:.....:S about that

i confess i feel nervous and a lil bit scared ..also the im only jus finishing high school

What things should a good husband do to make the wife happy....

like in typical houses, the husband gets the groceries, takes the wife out, shopping, dinner..things like tht..

wht other things??

like in typical houses, the husband gets the groceries, takes the wife out, shopping, dinner..things like tht..

wht other things??
    let her have the remote, that would be bliss x100
    For The Non-Muslims:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlMBkJme8J4The ProphetSAW sed, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim.Islam- Why Pay For The Disease,When The Cure Is Free

Quote Originally Posted by MG View Post
    let her have the remote, that would be bliss x100
    for the television???? .....

Obvoiuslyyyy, what elsee...lol

Btw, other things to make a girl happy, dont shout when she does something wrong, instead explain to her in a nice calm manner, she'll start loving you more...lol

Offer to help her in the kitchen.

Say sweet things

There a thread about all this stuff you know. It called "60 ways to make your wife happy" lol

of course the TV!
    For The Non-Muslims:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlMBkJme8J4The ProphetSAW sed, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim.Islam- Why Pay For The Disease,When The Cure Is Free

Quote Originally Posted by ImperfectBeauty View Post
    Obvoiuslyyyy, what elsee...lol

Btw, other things to make a girl happy, dont shout when she does something wrong, instead explain to her in a nice calm manner, she'll start loving you more...lol

Offer to help her in the kitchen.

Say sweet things

There a thread about all this stuff you know. It called "60 ways to make your wife happy" lol
    im still trying to memorize those 60 ways... im on number 1 yet lol
    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Quote Originally Posted by Kas1m View Post
    im still trying to memorize those 60 ways... im on number 1 yet lol

Bless ya bro, thats funny, You dont need to know all of them 60. Just remember these:-

Be kind

Be genrous

Be calm

be sweet

Be lovable

^^^^^^Insted of memorizing all 60, memorizethe 5 and you'll have no problem...

wht other things??

i think if he helps her out a bit in the housework sometimes it can mean alot, and making her laugh is always a good one as marriage shouldnt have to be seen as something serious all the time. shopping is a good one though

wht other things??
    Women need to talk.. communication is engrained in them .. make sure you find time in your busy schedule to talk to her or the Shaytaan will use it against you in the whispers.

The majority of sisters complain their husbands never talk to them. It's a simple way to develop your relationship.. get to know her, she learns to understand you, and it's the perfect way to ensure that both of you remember Allah SWT .
    .The Prophet sal Allahu alaiyhi wa sallam said, “I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners.”
    http://jameelah61.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by x--x View Post
    i think if he helps her out a bit in the housework sometimes it can mean alot, and making her laugh is always a good one as marriage shouldnt have to be seen as something serious all the time. shopping is a good one though
    good...then i shud buy like a joke book

-err-

its like cutting your favourite cheese-cake into half! - pouring water over 1 half, and milk over the other.

You'll never know why you did it, it just had to be done..

good...then i shud buy like a joke book
    lol not the knock knock type jokes (which are always lame lol) , i ment just have good humour in daily life

wht other things??
    watch it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Klp8S94QfJA

Salam Alaikum....thnx for the video i will watch it inshallah

hmmm mayybe some of you remember the thread i started in sept of last year..of marrying somebody older then me...well tht sister is still not married and shes 24...

i was jus saying if anybody was wondering lol
    Last edited by Usmi; 16-05-09 at 03:00 AM.

hmmm mayybe some of you remember the thread i started in sept of last year..of marrying somebody older then me...well tht sister is still not married and shes 24...

i was jus saying if anybody was wondering lol
    Ye still remember

Your cuzzy who is way older than you and you really like her and wanna marry her...lol

Hope all goes well

Quote Originally Posted by ImperfectBeauty View Post
    Ye still remember

Your cuzzy who is way older than you and you really like her and wanna marry her...lol

Hope all goes well
    inshallah...hmmm not way older.. i dont think so..

...hmm how wud i go about fulfilling my rights as a husband, supposing that im married during University ( inshallah) or college..?..

I wud have to be with my wife most of the time right?

...hmm how wud i go about fulfilling my rights as a husband, supposing that im married during University ( inshallah) or college..?..

I wud have to be with my wife most of the time right?

u dont have to be with her most of the time.. when your at university of college then u wont b able to sit her with u in class.. mayb u might get a way with it in lectures but you can spend time with her when your off college or university. she might b sum help to you with ur work..
    Narrated Abu Musa: Some people asked Allah's Apostle, "Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?" He replied, "One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands." (Book #2, Hadith #10)