Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Tafseer Class, Tafseer Ibn Katheer, Saturday 6:30pm GMT (7:30pm BST/GMT+1) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sunni Muslim Revert

If I were to convert to Islam, would I have to wear a hijab?

Hi everyone. If I were to convert to Islam, would I have to wear a hijab? I am a woman and my family would likely get very angry at me if they knew that I was a practicing Muslim. I may very well choose to convert to Islam but I don't know for sure yet. So, I ask, is it required that someone in my shoes wear a hijab?

O_o

Re: If I were to convert to Islam, would I have to wear a hijab?

gradually. (i'll let someone else elaborate...)
    The bottom statement is true
    The top statement is false

peace,

the first thing which God requires is to believe in Him and His messenger.

i will advice you that u convert/revert to islam first. later u can think about hijab. hijab is not as important as faith in God, prayers, etc.

let not hijab be an obstacle in your path towards God and paradise.

once u become muslimah and starts practicing islam & meeting ur muslim sisters, the desire to wear hijab will come naturally on u (insha'allah).

Sunni Muslim Revert

Quote Originally Posted by ahmed_indian View Post
    peace,

the first thing which God requires is to believe in Him and His messenger.

i will advice you that u convert/revert to islam first. later u can think about hijab. hijab is not as important as faith in God, prayers, etc.

let not hijab be an obstacle in your path towards God and paradise.

once u become muslimah and starts practicing islam & meeting ur muslim sisters, the desire to wear hijab will come naturally on u (insha'allah).
    Hmmm, ok. Thanks!

Alah u Wali Ulazena Amanu OUmmah's Avatar

Yes dont let hijab stop u, although you are commanded by Allah to wear it and it is a sin not to, atleast you wont burn in hellfire eternally if you follow islam but not wear hijab.

Gradually inshallah

Sunni Muslim Revert

Quote Originally Posted by OUmmah View Post
    Yes dont let hijab stop u, although you are commanded by Allah to wear it and it is a sin not to, atleast you wont burn in hellfire eternally if you follow islam but not wear hijab.

Gradually inshallah
    So one can follow Islam and not wear the hijab but not burn in Hell? How do I know which sins will send me to Hell and which ones won't?

Quote Originally Posted by Holly3278 View Post
    Hmmm, ok. Thanks!
    Modesty is not just in Islam, but also in Christianity and Judaism. Read this, http://www.olrl.org/virtues/modcrus.shtml and then search on Christianity and the veil.

Hanifa
    I didn't "REVERT" - I EVOLVED
    Those to whom we gave Scripture before it believe in the Quran. They say, we believe in it! when it is recited to them; 'verily, all of it is the Truth from our Lord. Indeed, even before it we have been Muslims . Quran 28:52-53

Sunni Muslim Revert

Quote Originally Posted by hanifa View Post
    Modesty is not just in Islam, but also in Christianity and Judaism. Read this, http://www.olrl.org/virtues/modcrus.shtml and then search on Christianity and the veil.

Hanifa
    I think that the web page is either broken or is very slow. I am on a DSL connection and it said it was waiting for the web site to respond for a good 20-30 seconds which is very abnormal for a DSL connection.

Also, I know that modesty is in Christianity and Judaism as well. I already practice a certain degree of modesty. I do not wear a hijab though.

I would like to know how I can know which sins will send me to Hell and which ones won't.

Yes, why do you think nuns wear the hijab, its nothing new

Sunni Muslim Revert

Nuns don't wear a hijab, they wear a habit. And not all nuns wear a habit either. Not all of them even cover their heads. Many of them are dressed in what we Americans would call "street clothes".

I think that the web page is either broken or is very slow. I am on a DSL connection and it said it was waiting for the web site to respond for a good 20-30 seconds which is very abnormal for a DSL connection.

Also, I know that modesty is in Christianity and Judaism as well. I already practice a certain degree of modesty. I do not wear a hijab though.

I would like to know how I can know which sins will send me to Hell and which ones won't.
    no Muslim can know this, because Allah forgives whatever sins He wills for whatever reason He wills.

For example: a prostitute gave water to a dog that was dying from thirst. because of this Allah forgave all her sins and she went to heaven

another example: a pious woman lived a very good Islamic life, obeying all Allah's commands, except one thing: she locked up a cat and let it starve to death. She went to hell because of this. If she'd either fed the cat, or let it go free to find its own food, she would not have gone to hell.

(the exampes come from quotes of the Prophet Muhammad (ahadeeth) I didn't just make them up off the top of my head!)

This shows that just one sin can send you to hell and just one good deed can send you to heaven BUT only Allah knows if and when that is the case. It is NOT the case that sin x is okay and won't send you to hell. ANY sin could potentially send you to hell (if Allah wills it) and good deeds and other things can potentially get all your sins forgiven (if Allah wills it). Allah is the absolute perfect judge, so any decision of whether to forgive sins or send someone to hell for them is 100% fair.

It is said that on judgement day, there will be two kinds of people, sinners and repentant sinners. If you don't repent from sins Allah *may* forgive them anyway because of good deeds (except for shirk (associating partners with Allah), that can only be forgiven through repentance) but there are no guarantees. And there are conditions for repentance to be accepted. SO it is much much better to be a repentant sinner than an unrepentant sinner on judgement day. There is no such thing as a person who is free from sin, other than the Prophets (as) so as you (or anyone else reading it!) are not a prophet, then the advice is to be a repentent sinner on judgement day,

Sunni Muslim Revert

Quote Originally Posted by dhakiyya View Post
    no Muslim can know this, because Allah forgives whatever sins He wills for whatever reason He wills.

For example: a prostitute gave water to a dog that was dying from thirst. because of this Allah forgave all her sins and she went to heaven

another example: a pious woman lived a very good Islamic life, obeying all Allah's commands, except one thing: she locked up a cat and let it starve to death. She went to hell because of this. If she'd either fed the cat, or let it go free to find its own food, she would not have gone to hell.

(the exampes come from quotes of the Prophet Muhammad (ahadeeth) I didn't just make them up off the top of my head!)

This shows that just one sin can send you to hell and just one good deed can send you to heaven BUT only Allah knows if and when that is the case. It is NOT the case that sin x is okay and won't send you to hell. ANY sin could potentially send you to hell (if Allah wills it) and good deeds and other things can potentially get all your sins forgiven (if Allah wills it). Allah is the absolute perfect judge, so any decision of whether to forgive sins or send someone to hell for them is 100% fair.

It is said that on judgement day, there will be two kinds of people, sinners and repentant sinners. If you don't repent from sins Allah *may* forgive them anyway because of good deeds (except for shirk (associating partners with Allah), that can only be forgiven through repentance) but there are no guarantees. And there are conditions for repentance to be accepted. SO it is much much better to be a repentant sinner than an unrepentant sinner on judgement day. There is no such thing as a person who is free from sin, other than the Prophets (as) so as you (or anyone else reading it!) are not a prophet, then the advice is to be a repentent sinner on judgement day,
    Hmmm, do you think Allah would understand my situation about not being able to wear my hijab and be merciful to me about it?

So one can follow Islam and not wear the hijab but not burn in Hell? How do I know which sins will send me to Hell and which ones won't?
    That's not quite the interpretation you should make. What is more important at this stage? Believing in Allah, purifying yourself, getting the prayer right, fasting Ramadan, paying due charity or wearing the veil? Everything has a stage and a level of knowledge and commitment. The prophet asked the rhetorical questions, "Do you know what Allah's worshipper owe Allah?" and "... what Allah owes his worshippers?"

a) That they worship nothing beside Allah.
    b) That He will forbid the fire to anyone who does not worship others besides Allah.

This is a very important hadeeth. Do you know what is counted as worshipping others besides Allah? It is the extent of your knowledge (and the diligence you have in discovering it) that determines whether you meet your duty and receive the appropriate reward.

Another hadeeth mentions the issue of not pushing your questions too far, lest Allah makes obligatory on you what you recieve in answer.

If you want to learn about hijab and feel yourself ready to accept its challenge, we can and will give you the in depth discussion on the subject.

Or you can wait.

La ilaha Illa Allah - there is No God except Allah - and knowing Muhammad (May Allah raise him to the highest station) was/is His Messenger, weigh much more heavily at this stage.

Hanifa
    I didn't "REVERT" - I EVOLVED
    Those to whom we gave Scripture before it believe in the Quran. They say, we believe in it! when it is recited to them; 'verily, all of it is the Truth from our Lord. Indeed, even before it we have been Muslims . Quran 28:52-53

Hi everyone. If I were to convert to Islam, would I have to wear a hijab? I am a woman and my family would likely get very angry at me if they knew that I was a practicing Muslim. I may very well choose to convert to Islam but I don't know for sure yet. So, I ask, is it required that someone in my shoes wear a hijab?
    there are many rules in Islam, and we have to follow all of them... does a new Muslim have to give up alcohol? Yes. Bacon? Yes Does a new Muslim have to start learning how to pray? Yes

However, because for most reverts starting to live an Islamic lifestyle is an overwhelming lifestyle change, we don't advise that you try to do everything, 100%, overnight. For example many revert sisters don't wear hijab straight away, but work their way up to it as they gain confidence. E.g. starting by wearing a western style scarf that doesn't cover the ears or neck, and then increasing how much their scarf covers gradually - to get used to the idea. Same with other rules, some things you have to give up or take on gradually, because trying to do it all straight away is too overwhelming and can lead to you feeling burned out in a short time!!!

So, if you convert to Islam, you should pace yourself with lifestyle changes, do it in a way as to make them permanent changes that will stay with you. Everyone is different about how much they can take on at one time. Allah knows whether someone is genuinely feeling overwhelmed or if they are just being lazy or reluctant to follow the rules of Islam. And even if a new revert is feeling reluctant to follow rules, perhaps this is something that can be worked on by asking Allah's help and also simply by reading about Islam and understanding why we have rules and why we should follow them. Anyone who expects new Muslims to go from taking the shahada to perfectly practicing overnight was born into the religion and has little (if any) experience of helping new reverts!!!

I will give you the same advice as was given to me by a Muslim brother, when I was thinking that I wanted to convert to Islam, but was unsure because of (list of rules I wasn't sure about here).... he told me "don't worry about it, just pray!" - bottom line is, if you believe in One God (Allah) and that Muhammad is his messenger and the Qur'an is the word of Allah, then you should convert to Islam and worry about following the rules afterwards. If you believe all that, understanding that you have to do what Allah says to do, follows logically! And if you pray to Allah to give you the ability to follow the rules without difficulty, then Allah will help you inshaAllah!!! That's what I did, and the rules that were making me hesitate about becoming Muslim, looking back now my worries about them seem SO SILLY and these things are non issues for me now and have been for years (I converted over 6 years ago now).... so MASHAALLAH to the brother who gave me that sincere advice!!!!! So I hope the same advice will help you inshaAllah.

There is a sub forum for new Muslims, run by other new (and not so new any more!) Muslims which is full of advice about coping with the lifestyle changes and other issues faced by new Muslims.

Hmmm, do you think Allah would understand my situation about not being able to wear my hijab and be merciful to me about it?
    you can't rely on that kind of thing. But please read my last post about anxieities of new reverts and people who are thinking of becoming Muslim, because trust me, I SO understand how you feel as I was in the same situation before I became Muslim!!!

Make the shahada and in'sha'Allah everything will come to you slowly.

You have to learn to walk before you can run

Sunni Muslim Revert

Quote Originally Posted by dhakiyya View Post
    there are many rules in Islam, and we have to follow all of them... does a new Muslim have to give up alcohol? Yes. Bacon? Yes Does a new Muslim have to start learning how to pray? Yes

However, because for most reverts starting to live an Islamic lifestyle is an overwhelming lifestyle change, we don't advise that you try to do everything, 100%, overnight. For example many revert sisters don't wear hijab straight away, but work their way up to it as they gain confidence. E.g. starting by wearing a western style scarf that doesn't cover the ears or neck, and then increasing how much their scarf covers gradually - to get used to the idea. Same with other rules, some things you have to give up or take on gradually, because trying to do it all straight away is too overwhelming and can lead to you feeling burned out in a short time!!!

So, if you convert to Islam, you should pace yourself with lifestyle changes, do it in a way as to make them permanent changes that will stay with you. Everyone is different about how much they can take on at one time. Allah knows whether someone is genuinely feeling overwhelmed or if they are just being lazy or reluctant to follow the rules of Islam. And even if a new revert is feeling reluctant to follow rules, perhaps this is something that can be worked on by asking Allah's help and also simply by reading about Islam and understanding why we have rules and why we should follow them. Anyone who expects new Muslims to go from taking the shahada to perfectly practicing overnight was born into the religion and has little (if any) experience of helping new reverts!!!

I will give you the same advice as was given to me by a Muslim brother, when I was thinking that I wanted to convert to Islam, but was unsure because of (list of rules I wasn't sure about here).... he told me "don't worry about it, just pray!" - bottom line is, if you believe in One God (Allah) and that Muhammad is his messenger and the Qur'an is the word of Allah, then you should convert to Islam and worry about following the rules afterwards. If you believe all that, understanding that you have to do what Allah says to do, follows logically! And if you pray to Allah to give you the ability to follow the rules without difficulty, then Allah will help you inshaAllah!!! That's what I did, and the rules that were making me hesitate about becoming Muslim, looking back now my worries about them seem SO SILLY and these things are non issues for me now and have been for years (I converted over 6 years ago now).... so MASHAALLAH to the brother who gave me that sincere advice!!!!! So I hope the same advice will help you inshaAllah.

There is a sub forum for new Muslims, run by other new (and not so new any more!) Muslims which is full of advice about coping with the lifestyle changes and other issues faced by new Muslims.
    Hmmm, thank you. The main problem is, though, that I can't guarantee that I'll be able to wear the hijab until I move away from my family and that may never happen. I know that if I begin to wear the hijab, they may very well disown me. That and I am certain I would be made fun of and persecuted by others.

Hmmm, thank you. The main problem is, though, that I can't guarantee that I'll be able to wear the hijab until I move away from my family and that may never happen. I know that if I begin to wear the hijab, they may very well disown me. That and I am certain I would be made fun of and persecuted by others.

You have to get your priorities right, none should come between you and Allah so even if it's your family you should not disobey Allah, Allah is the one who created you and provides for you and no one love you more than Allah does.

Who are the other people who will make fun of you?? you are not doing it to please them are you? ultimately, they will be the losers and you will have everything to smile for
    A calamity that makes you turn to Allah, is better than a blessing which makes you forget the remembrance of Allah

Thats what the new Muslim forum is for, to help with stuff like this. Go to user CP in the top left corner of the screen, then click group memberships and then apply to join the new muslim forum, message me when you have applied and inshaAllah I'll approve you. There are reverts here who have personal experience of this kind of thing, so you'll get top quality advice inshaAllah, from people who have been there and done that with stuff like that.

One of the most important things you need to know is that we are judged by our intentions and since intentions come from the heart only you and Allah swt knows what they are so we must always try to focus on having the right intention.
    Allah swt knows your heart and the difficulties you face. Becoming a muslim is finding your way back to the instinct we're all born with: That there is ONE God and he is the creator of all.
    As dhakkiya adviced above take things in step. You are doing this for YOU. Yes there will be difficulties, no doubt but life is like that sometimes- you can not please everyone. Have confidence in your creator and in yourself that you are able to face whatever comes your way. Follow your heart because it works as our compass if we discipline it correctly and most importantly ask God to make things easy for you, give you strength to stand up for yourself, forgive you for your shortcomings while you're doing your best and keep you on the path that will be good for you and lead you to paradise.
    Join the forum dhakkiya suggested-it really helps hearing about the experiences of others so you can avoid some mistakes or situations and overall know you're not alone.

May God always be with you.

Habit covers all requirements for hijab so habit = hijab.

http://adland.tv/n1rv4n4g8/2006/octjpgs/DegreeNun.jpg

Have you ever seen a picture of Mary, mother of Prophet Jesus (PBUH) with her head uncovered ?

Infact bible says

For if a woman is not covered, let her also be shorn. (1Co 11:6)

If a woman's head is not covered shave her hair off !!!

But like all things in christanity, they have let it go slowly, first they started showing a bit off thigh, then some clevage then let the hair down, strict nuns still wear the hijab... .. ...

Islam is not a new religion out of the blue, it is the last testament !

But inshallah try slowly wear the hijab slowly, inshallah when you believe in the Day of Judgement you will slowly (or quickly) correct your wrongs. May Allah guide you.

Kashmiri Chick

Icon7 Re: If I were to convert to Islam, would I have to wear a hijab?

Salam Sis....

Babe HIjab is good as it promotes modesty but I get what u mena by scaring ur family off....

I think first slowly focus on ur initial belief and faith in Islam, explore the quran and understand ur belief in God....

Once u take time and grow as a person and a muslim, inshallah, and have faith and strength. then Maybe come out with the fact that u are a muslim.
    And talk to the family first about why you have this faith and why u feel u have the right to choose what u desire.

Then as time progresses sis, make changes as in preying to God, living islamically and then the physical appearences....

Babe It can be hard But U shd get some muslim friends that have strong faith and that can help u....

Lifes hard as it is and in todays day and age anyone with a Faith is fighting this life... Be strong sis cause u always gt sisters around....x

Sunni Muslim Revert

I think what I am going to do is I am going to wait until I can move out of the immediate area before I start wearing a hijab. That way my family will not persecute me for being a Muslim.

I think what I am going to do is I am going to wait until I can move out of the immediate area before I start wearing a hijab. That way my family will not persecute me for being a Muslim.

Sister i think you should get advice from a reliable Islamic scholar on this Issue, we can only give you our own opinions, but because your question is to do with your personal situation it is best to see a Scholar, personally (and this is my personal opinion so it holds very little value) I think under your circumstances it would be acceptable to not wear the Hijab as you feel you are not able to reveal your true identity as a muslim because of fear of being disowned, or harmed mentally, physically etc...

The early muslims kept their identity hidden out of fear of persecution, and if one examines the circumstances of some companions of the Prophet [Peace be upon him] then I think if i remember correctly some among them had to keep it hidden from their parents and family members due to certain reasons.

Having said that you should strive to make an effort to change your circumstances eventually, like as you suggested about moving into a different area, and If God wills eventually being able to inform your freinds and family about your conversion to Islam and also inviting them to the religion if possible.

But as I say best thing to do is ask a reliable scholar about this issue, if you are not aware of any in the physical world then there are some reliable question and answer websites were you can ask a scholar a question, such as:

Sunnipath
    Darul Iftaa
    IslamQA

May God guide you to the Religion of Islam and make it easy for you to strive on the right path.
    Last edited by Sunni Student; 02-05-09 at 11:56 PM.

{-*Lil Salsabeel*-} Falastin 4ever's Avatar

Salam

I hope that you will convert, but plz dont let others come in your way of wearing the Hijab, just think that you will be rewarded in Jannah for you wearing it. People look at you and make fun of you but you just need to think "Good luck on judgemensday"! You get 70 hasanat for every eye that sees you with the hijab! be proud, cuz i am! Good luck forward

eventually yes...
    Surat Al-An'am verse 26: Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee; they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

converting is like making changes in your life and these changes should be moderate and progressive... Islam is like a life's journey so it should be an enjoyable event with alot of nice things to be discovered. it's not supposed to be a burden in a way it's hard for you to handle, whatever you do, you answer to Allah at the end of the day... so it's your decision...
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - Morpheus, The Matrix.

"It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back." Surah 36:22. Ya Sin (Yusuf Ali Translation)

Account Disabled

It's not fair to yourself or to Islam to reduce the religion in its entirety to something like observing hijaab.

Islam is not the "hijaab religion" in the same way that Islam is not the "pork-free religion."

When the Prophet (pbuh) first encounters Gabriel, the first words he hears from the vast and terrifying angel are not, "Hey, is your wife observing hijaab?"

For some reason you seem to believe that wearing a hijaab should be the only way that your family will notice that you're Muslim.

This suggests that you're not yet familiar with all the other aspects of Islam that inform a Muslim's daily life, such as prayer five times each day and the particulars of modesty observed when you're in the presence of men who aren't immediate blood-relatives.

I'm not Muslim.

But were I you, I'd take time to sit down and get a good grasp of Islam as Muslims and their scholars understand it, instead of trying to make sense of Islam as you understand it.

craz'rthanacritternasack! Deen commited's Avatar

Yes, in my opinion. No rulings that Allah (swt) issues
    are for nothing! I think you should educate your self
    more on Islam before making such a huge decision
    when we worship Allah we are to worship him whole
    heartily that means following what he has sat forth
    for us and not picking and choosing what we like
    and don't like....I am the only Muslim in a Baptist family
    do you think my mother likes me wearing a Niqab
    heck no!!! I am not saying Islam is all about covering
    I am saying Islam is about total submission to the will
    of Allah (swt) that means following what he
    commands us to do!!

One of the biggest aspect of islam is intention. Every time a muslim, and i am talking about a muslim who really follows islam, does something he/she does it for sake of Allah. So make an intention to serve Allah and walk on the path that He has chosen for you. Take the first step and Allah will make it easy for you.
    Please pray for my health. Jazak Allah

I found the enemy and it is me.

Also at one the point prophet Muhammad (pbuh)
    wasn't sure if he was seeing Jinn or an Angels when the message was first revealed to him (I believe) and so he went Ayisha (ra)
    and told her of his Problem she
    sat beside him and took off her covering
    and said do you see the same thing? and
    he responded no she put her covering back
    on and said now do you see what you saw before?
    he said yes....and Ayisha ( ra) informed him that
    he was seeing a Angel cause an Angel would not
    stand in the presence of an uncovered women!!!
    (Al-Hamdulilah)!!!

may peace be upon you,

quick answer,

no you don't need to wear the hijab, just stay home

Understanding and learning the fundamentals of Islam, perhaps building understanding of aqeedah should be the first step.

After wards as you learn and apply in your life, you will be self inclined to do so.

believe me when I tell you there are some who wear the hijab because it is fashionable to them, yet they have the wrong understanding of the fundamentals of Islam. And they do horrible things that go against the reason they are supposed to put it on for in the first place.

No one can tell you what Allah subhanna wata3alla will judge you with. So it is completely up to you to make that decision.

Allah (The God) will give you the best answer, just ask Him to place in your heart his dean(way of life).

assalam aleikum wa rahmat Allah

Let me give you a challenge I assume you are Christian or Catholic ....Catholic eew( )
    Google a picture of the virgin Mary...
    I bet you won't see (many) pictures of her
    uncovered.....
    Last edited by Deen commited; 04-05-09 at 04:54 AM.

^^^^ she took her shahada on another thread very recently, so you might want to edit that post again!!

: Re: If I were to convert to Islam, would I have to wear a hijab?

holly

wearing hijab should not stop you from accepting islam, if you are accepting islam, then do so, dont make excuses

i can tell you of hundreds of people i have met over the years that would accept islam, if only they could..............

and they never wind up accepting islam, period

Allah says that there are those who accept islam, as a favor to others, Allah says it is a favor upon yourself, its you saving you from the fire

as far as others go, they will have their account with their Lord, just as you must

the best muslims are those who embrace islam, wholeheartedly, why start off looking for excuses?

you do what you can, and work hard to do better, thats what you will have to do for your entire life as a muslim

so start off doing the best you can, NOT looking for excuses NOT to
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Re: : Re: If I were to convert to Islam, would I have to wear a hijab?

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMubarak View Post
    holly

so start off doing the best you can, NOT looking for excuses NOT to
    Exactly cause thats just the devil on his last ditch effort

iBN Ali ~ TALIB UL ILM ~ islaam4u's Avatar

Icon14 Re: If I were to convert to Islam, would I have to wear a hijab?

Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa brakathu Sis ,

If you are convinced with Islam as true Religion, Allah is your Creator and Prophet Muhammad is His Final Messenger then please do not delay and accept ISlam ASAP. Get a pass first not to be for Hell for eternal as death can come to us anytime unexpected. Seek knowledge about Islam and the acts of worship. Learn about Tawheed (Islamic Monotheism - Oneness of God) and the Major sin SHIRK (associating partners with God), SAlah and other acts of worship. Then you yourself will increase your Eman, faith n belief n find a way to wear Hijab without any fear insha Allah. Just ask urself you have firm faith in Your Creator. Dont you think He is able to do anything. In the same way He will make it easy for you if you are sincere. So start with your testimony and go on n walk towards paradise. Let not the concern of wearing hijab stop you and turn u to the way of hell fire.

Recommend you to read this book ' How to Become Muslim' which gives you idea about islam and the different acts of worship, you can also learn to read and understand some chapters of Quran and its meaning. Its good for a new muslim.

Islamic Monothiesm : Tawheed :

Learn Salah: SAlah

SALAH FLASH with text : CLICK HERE

HIJAB :Every muslim must obey His Lord.

" And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands’ fathers, their sons..."

[Al-Qur’an 24:31]

"O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad); that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [Al-Qur’an 33:59]

Our Creator never orders anything that is harmful for us rather it is good for you and the society as a whole. Therefore convince your family that Hijab exist in their own scriptures
    "If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head" the Bible 1 Corrinthians 11:3-6
    So you are following what already exist in the bible and Quran confirms it.

While you seek knowledge and practise more.. do convey the message to your parents, family n friends.
    "Invite to the Way of your Lord with wisdom and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided." Holy Qur'an 16:125

May Allah bless you and guide us all to the straight path. And if Allah wills HE is even able to guide the biggest anti islam. So Let your prayers only be devoted and supplicated to Him. If He helps you, why do u need anyone. And If He doesnt allow no one can help you.

REFER :
    Should she wear hijab even though her family will be harmed because of that?
    What is the ruling on a woman who wears hijab in an Arab country which forbids hijab by force and by harming the woman’s religious commitment and social interests? Should she remain steadfast even though some of her family members may be harmed indirectly? Please advise me.

Praise be to Allaah.

It is a serious crime and a reprehensible action to prevent a Muslim woman from wearing hijab as enjoined by Allaah and forcing her by law to uncover her head and face and go out unveiled among people.

The Muslim has to adhere to the rulings of sharee’ah and “there is no obedience to any created being if it involves disobedience towards the Creator.” The Muslim woman’s hijab is one of the duties that she is obliged to fulfil. The harm that a woman imagines will befall her or her family may be baseless, or it may not be extreme, and it may be something that can be put up with. So she has to continue to adhere to correct Islamic dress.

If the harm is extreme and certain, or it is most likely that it will happen, then the woman can take off her hijab in order to protect her honour and religious commitment, but she has to remain as covered and as modest as she possibly can. In this case it is not permissible for her to go out of the house except when absolutely necessary, and there is no concession allowing her to go out to study or to buy things that someone else can bring to her. What we mean is that she should only go out for essential needs that cannot easily be dealt with at home, or for some shar’i action that she cannot forsake, and so on.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked:

In some countries Muslim women may be forced to take off their hijab and leave their heads uncovered. Is it permissible for them to do that, knowing that whoever refuses to do that is faced with consequences such as losing their jobs or being expelled from school?

The Shaykh replied:

This calamity which is happening in some countries is one of the things by means of which a person may be tested. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Alif-Laam-Meem.

[These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur’aan, and none but Allaah (Alone) knows their meanings.]

2. Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: “We believe,” and will not be tested.

3. And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allaah will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allaah knows all that before putting them to test)”

[al-‘Ankaboot 29:1-3]

What I think is that Muslim women in these countries should refuse to obey people in charge (the rulers) in this evil action, because obeying those in authority in doing something that is wrong is not allowed. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Obey Allaah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority”

[al-Nisa’ 4:59]

If you think about the meaning of this verse, you will note that Allaah says “Obey Allaah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority” – but the verb (obey) is not repeated in the third case with regard to those who are in authority. This indicates that obedience to those in authority is secondary to obedience to Allaah and obedience to His Messenger. If their command is contrary to obeying Allaah and His Messenger, then they should not be listened to or obeyed in that which goes against obedience to Allaah and His Messenger. “There is no obedience to any created being if it involves disobedience to the Creator.”

The persecution that a woman may face in this regard is something that has to be borne with patience, and she should seek the help of Allaah in being patient. We ask Allaah to guide those in authority to the truth. I do not think that this forcing her not to wear hijab can take place unless the woman leaves her home, but if she stays at home no one can force her, so she can stay in her house so that she will be safe from this thing. With regard to studies that will lead to her committing sin, this is not permissible, rather she should study whatever she needs for her religious and worldly interests. This is sufficient, and this can usually be done at home.

As’ilat al-Usrah al-Muslimah, p. 22, 23

And Allaah knows best.
    Islam Q&A
    Last edited by islaam4u; 04-05-09 at 11:27 AM.

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by islaam4u View Post
    Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa brakathu Sis ,

If you are convinced with Islam as true Religion, Allah is your Creator and Prophet Muhammad is His Final Messenger then please do not delay and accept ISlam ASAP. Get a pass first not to be for Hell for eternal as death can come to us anytime unexpected. Seek knowledge about Islam and the acts of worship. Learn about Tawheed (Islamic Monotheism - Oneness of God) and the Major sin SHIRK (associating partners with God), SAlah and other acts of worship. Then you yourself will increase your Eman, faith n belief n find a way to wear Hijab without any fear insha Allah. Just ask urself you have firm faith in Your Creator. Dont you think He is able to do anything. In the same way He will make it easy for you if you are sincere. So start with your testimony and go on n walk towards paradise. Let not the concern of wearing hijab stop you and turn u to the way of hell fire.
    akhi/ukhti

Sister holly3278 already took her shahada on 2nd may 09, she is MUSLIM now, refer the thread http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212234

iBN Ali ~ TALIB UL ILM ~ islaam4u's Avatar

Arrow Re: If I were to convert to Islam, would I have to wear a hijab?

Also Refer:

Difficulties facing a Christian girl who wants to take the decision to enter Islam

I am a young Christian woman and I have been reading about Islam for some months now. I have already read a translation of the Koran and several books about Islam along with articles and other material I have found on the internet and elsewhere. I do not pretend to know or understand everything, there are many things that still confuse me, and I have a hard time accepting some applications and interpretations of Islam that I have read about. However, I do believe in God and I do believe that Muhammad was his prophet and that the Koran is the revealed word of God.

The question is what should I do about it? As I said there are still so many things that I do not know or understand and this is a major decision I am trying to make and to tell the truth it feels like an enormous responsibility and it is quite frightening. What worries me the most is that I don't know how well I could live by Islam if I converted. I have already changed some things in my life, I have stopped drinking, I avoid pork and I try to wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants (or skirts) when I go out. But I also know that there are some things I would not be able to do immediately if I converted, for varios reasons, (at least that is the way it looks to me at this moment), such as wearing hijab.

Also, I am currently studying abroad (in the US, but I am from Europe) but I am going home to my family over Christmas. I don't think I would be able to tell my family right away if I converted and thus I do not know if I could do things such as pray all the five daily prayers, fast or avoid pork while at home over Christmas.

Would it be wrong of me converting knowing that I will not be able to fulfill all the obligations that follow (at least not immediately), and knowing that there are still many issues that I do not understand or have a hard time accepting wholeheartedly (due to lack of understanding and knowledge . Please guide me .

Praise be to Allaah.

What you have achieved in your quest for the truth is great indeed. All that remains to be done is the most important step you will ever take in your life, which is to pronounce the Shahaadatayn and enter Islam. We truly appreciate the great efforts you have made by reading the entire Qur’aan in translation, and other books and articles about Islam, and also by already giving up some haraam things such as drinking wine and eating pork. The most important thing that you have achieved is your conviction about Islam, the Prophet of Islam and the Book of Islam. From your question we can sum up the obstacles that you face in two points:

some social embarrassment

some matters that you do not yet fully understand

With regard to the second point, it is not a condition for becoming Muslim that a person should know the entire religion, because it is a vast ocean. You can become Muslim and then learn the religion and develop full conviction about all the rulings of Islam. At the beginning, it is sufficient to believe in the six pillars of faith in general terms (belief in Allaah, His Angels, His Books, His Messengers, the Last Day and predestination, both good and bad) and to understand and accept in general terms the five pillars of Islam (testifying that there is no god but Allaah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah, prayer, paying zakaah, fasting in Ramadaan, and performing Hajj to the sacred House of Allaah, for the one who is able and has the means). Realize that knowledge and conviction develop gradually, and that faith increases by doing acts of worship and obedience to Allaah, which in turn leads to a deeper understanding and acceptance of the rulings of Islam.

With regard to the first point, we are sure that if you enter Islam and are sincere towards Allaah and do righteous deeds, then Allaah will give you the strength, steadfastness, courage and certainty to face all difficulties and overcome them. The experience of other women who have become Muslim before you gives you a good example of what you could be able to do in the future as regards following the rules of Islam, such as hijaab and other issues, despite being surrounded by an overwhelming atmosphere of kufr. We also say that if any woman were to ask us whether she should become Muslim despite not wearing full hijab or stay a kaafir, we would definitely tell her to become Muslim, because the seriousness and danger of remaining a kaafir is far worse than being a Muslim but committing a sin.

We understand totally the difficulties and social embarrassment that you speak of, and we know that going against one’s family and the society in which one lives are very difficult matters, but Allaah makes every difficult thing easy.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meanings):

“… And Allaah is the Wali (Protector and Helper) of the believers.” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:68]

“…And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty).” [al-Talaaq 65:2]

“… Allaah will grant after hardship, ease.” [al-Talaaq 65:7]

“As for those who strive hard in Us (Our Cause), We will surely guide them to Our Paths (i.e., Allaah’s Religion – Islamic Monotheism)…” [al-‘Ankaboot 29:69]

We also want to tell you that it is possible for a person, if he becomes Muslim and fears unbearable persecution or hardship, to conceal his Islam and keep it a secret, hiding his acts of worship from the people around him although it is difficult to do so. But for the sake of following the truth and saving oneself from the punishment of Hellfire, everything becomes easy and the believer can overcome all difficulties.

Finally, we can only thank you for the efforts you have made and for sending this question. We hope that the next step, which you should take immediately, is abundantly clear to you from our answer. We will be very happy to help you with anything you may need in the future, and we ask Allaah to guide you to the path of truth, to help you and to make things easy for you. Allaah is the Guide to the Straight Path.
    Islam Q&A
    Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...hijab-yet.html

Found this. Same person? Over a year ago.
    قُلْ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ هَادُوا إِن زَعَمْتُمْ أَنَّكُمْ أَوْلِيَاء لِلَّهِ مِن دُونِ النَّاسِ فَتَمَنَّوُا الْمَوْتَ إِن كُنتُمْ صَادِقِينَ
    وَلَا يَتَمَنَّوْنَهُ أَبَدًا بِمَا قَدَّمَتْ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَاللَّهُ عَلِيمٌ بِالظَّالِمِينَ
    قُلْ إِنَّ الْمَوْتَ الَّذِي تَفِرُّونَ مِنْهُ فَإِنَّهُ مُلَاقِيكُمْ ثُمَّ تُرَدُّونَ إِلَى عَالِمِ الْغَيْبِ وَالشَّهَادَةِ فَيُنَبِّئُكُم بِمَا كُنتُمْ تَعْمَلُونَ

صدق الله العظيم