Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 128
  1. #1
    Umm Butterbean shazj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    6,445
    Rep Power
    146

    Horse riding for women

    Salaam,

    Is it true that horse riding is haraam for women? I'd appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this matter and provide some evidence in support of their reasoning. Should this have been covered on ummah, i'd really appreciate a link to the thread as I tried to search for it last night to no avail.

  2. #2

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by shazj View Post
    Salaam,

    Is it true that horse riding is haraam for women? I'd appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this matter and provide some evidence in support of their reasoning. Should this have been covered on ummah, i'd really appreciate a link to the thread as I tried to search for it last night to no avail.
    , Jummah Kareem, ukhti

    I've read somewhere Hadhrat Fatima (RA) used to do horse riding! in sha Allah after jummah i'll search for tht article.

    I wud love 2 learn, horseriding, archery and all Sunnah Sports one day, in sha Allah.

    Wassalaam

  3. #3
    Umm Butterbean shazj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    6,445
    Rep Power
    146

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by Al-hayaa View Post
    , Jummah Kareem, ukhti

    I've read somewhere Hadhrat Fatima (RA) used to do horse riding! in sha Allah after jummah i'll search for tht article.

    I wud love 2 learn, horseriding, archery and all Sunnah Sports one day, in sha Allah.

    Wassalaam
    I would really appreciate the evidence sister, thank you for your help.

  4. #4
    Senior Member eyes in tears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Horse riding for women

    its one of my favorite sports..
    Behind every beautiful thing there is some.......KIND OF PAIN.. .

  5. #5
    zzzzzzzzzz Sleepy head! ~S.E~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,343
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Horse riding for women

    I didnt think its haram. its just that i heard women lose their virginity while horse riding. I dont know if its true though :S
    Check it out.

  6. #6
    Senior Member eyes in tears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by ~S.E~ View Post
    I didnt think its haram. its just that i heard women lose their virginity while horse riding. I dont know if its true though :S
    Check it out.
    they say the same about cycling..
    Behind every beautiful thing there is some.......KIND OF PAIN.. .

  7. #7

    Account Disabled
    TRANSWARP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,803
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by ~S.E~ View Post
    I didnt think its haram. its just that i heard women lose their virginity while horse riding. I dont know if its true though :S
    Check it out.
    They don't lose their virginity, the hymen can be broken from horse riding, so its best to do horse riding after marriage.

  8. #8
    Umm Butterbean shazj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    6,445
    Rep Power
    146

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by eyes in tears View Post
    they say the same about cycling..
    yes thats what I heard too. It is linked with 'virginity'; another friend of mine stated something like the Prophet (peace be upon him) cursed women who ride horses. Im not quoting my friend here so I might have to edit this when I have it confirmed.

  9. #9
    Umm Butterbean shazj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    6,445
    Rep Power
    146

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by TRANSWARP View Post
    They don't lose their virginity, the hymen can be broken from horse riding, so its best to do horse riding after marriage.
    I have been married before, can I ride horses now?

  10. #10
    odan OBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,513
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

    1. The Fuqahaa (Jurists) have ruled that it will not be permissible for women to ride horses except at the time of necessity. It is reported from Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) that:

    لعن الله الفروج على السروج

    “Allah Ta’ala has cursed women on saddles (horse backs)”

    (Note: The Ma’naa (meaning) of the above Hadith is established by the Fuqahaa, though there exists Idtiraab in the words - Radd Al-Muhtar, vol 6, pg 423, HM Sa’eed)

    It is proven that the Sahabiyyaat rode horses and camels. However, this was at the time of necessity. Therefore, if a necessity arises for a woman to ride a horse, the Darul Ifta will look into the matter.

    (Sharh Kitab Al-Siyar al-kabeer, vol 1, pg 97, Ilmiyya / Al-Muheet al-Burhani, vol 8, pg 100, Idara Al-Quran / Al-Bahr al-Raiq, vol 8, pg189, Rasheediyya / Al-Durr al-Mukhtar& Radd Al-Muhtar, vol 6, pg 423, HM Sa’eed / Hashiyya Al-Tahtawi ala al-Durr, vol 4, pg 210, Maktaba Arabiyya)

    http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...557ae017028627

  11. #11
    with purple dots SkyBluePink's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,463
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by shazj View Post
    I have been married before, can I ride horses now?
    I guess so?

  12. #12
    Muslimah on Deen-ul-Haq Rooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by OBL View Post
    Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

    1. The Fuqahaa (Jurists) have ruled that it will not be permissible for women to ride horses except at the time of necessity. It is reported from Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) that:

    لعن الله الفروج على السروج

    “Allah Ta’ala has cursed women on saddles (horse backs)”

    (Note: The Ma’naa (meaning) of the above Hadith is established by the Fuqahaa, though there exists Idtiraab in the words - Radd Al-Muhtar, vol 6, pg 423, HM Sa’eed)

    It is proven that the Sahabiyyaat rode horses and camels. However, this was at the time of necessity. Therefore, if a necessity arises for a woman to ride a horse, the Darul Ifta will look into the matter.

    (Sharh Kitab Al-Siyar al-kabeer, vol 1, pg 97, Ilmiyya / Al-Muheet al-Burhani, vol 8, pg 100, Idara Al-Quran / Al-Bahr al-Raiq, vol 8, pg189, Rasheediyya / Al-Durr al-Mukhtar& Radd Al-Muhtar, vol 6, pg 423, HM Sa’eed / Hashiyya Al-Tahtawi ala al-Durr, vol 4, pg 210, Maktaba Arabiyya)

    http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...557ae017028627
    If they havent rode the horse before in their lives, how are they going to ride it in the time of necessity??? it takes the skill and the knowledge of riding a horse before one actually can ride it at the time of necessity
    Which of the favours of your lord will you deny?

  13. #13
    Umm Butterbean shazj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    6,445
    Rep Power
    146

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by OBL View Post
    Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

    1. The Fuqahaa (Jurists) have ruled that it will not be permissible for women to ride horses except at the time of necessity. It is reported from Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) that:

    لعن الله الفروج على السروج

    “Allah Ta’ala has cursed women on saddles (horse backs)”

    (Note: The Ma’naa (meaning) of the above Hadith is established by the Fuqahaa, though there exists Idtiraab in the words - Radd Al-Muhtar, vol 6, pg 423, HM Sa’eed)

    It is proven that the Sahabiyyaat rode horses and camels. However, this was at the time of necessity. Therefore, if a necessity arises for a woman to ride a horse, the Darul Ifta will look into the matter.

    (Sharh Kitab Al-Siyar al-kabeer, vol 1, pg 97, Ilmiyya / Al-Muheet al-Burhani, vol 8, pg 100, Idara Al-Quran / Al-Bahr al-Raiq, vol 8, pg189, Rasheediyya / Al-Durr al-Mukhtar& Radd Al-Muhtar, vol 6, pg 423, HM Sa’eed / Hashiyya Al-Tahtawi ala al-Durr, vol 4, pg 210, Maktaba Arabiyya)

    http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...557ae017028627

    Thank you for the above

  14. #14
    Undercover Crime Fighter Umu Caamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    485
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by OBL View Post
    Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

    1. The Fuqahaa (Jurists) have ruled that it will not be permissible for women to ride horses except at the time of necessity. It is reported from Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) that:

    لعن الله الفروج على السروج

    “Allah Ta’ala has cursed women on saddles (horse backs)”

    (Note: The Ma’naa (meaning) of the above Hadith is established by the Fuqahaa, though there exists Idtiraab in the words - Radd Al-Muhtar, vol 6, pg 423, HM Sa’eed)

    It is proven that the Sahabiyyaat rode horses and camels. However, this was at the time of necessity. Therefore, if a necessity arises for a woman to ride a horse, the Darul Ifta will look into the matter.

    (Sharh Kitab Al-Siyar al-kabeer, vol 1, pg 97, Ilmiyya / Al-Muheet al-Burhani, vol 8, pg 100, Idara Al-Quran / Al-Bahr al-Raiq, vol 8, pg189, Rasheediyya / Al-Durr al-Mukhtar& Radd Al-Muhtar, vol 6, pg 423, HM Sa’eed / Hashiyya Al-Tahtawi ala al-Durr, vol 4, pg 210, Maktaba Arabiyya)

    http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...557ae017028627
    Jazak!
    I'm kinda sad tho.
    I alway's wanted to ride a horse.............

    “Do not become angry, and Paradise will be yours.”
    “Do not laugh too much, for excessive laughter deadens the heart.”

  15. #15
    Umm Butterbean shazj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    6,445
    Rep Power
    146

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by Umu Caamir View Post
    Jazak!
    I'm kinda sad tho.
    I alway's wanted to ride a horse.............
    Trust me I know how you feel right now I was going to speak to the stables and ask if I can help in looking after the horses, but I dont think I will anymore because I would be tempted to ride.

  16. #16
    Undercover Crime Fighter Umu Caamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    485
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by shazj View Post
    Trust me I know how you feel right now I was going to speak to the stables and ask if I can help in looking after the horses, but I dont think I will anymore because I would be tempted to ride.
    i've never even been to a stable.
    At least you got to see them sometimes......

    “Do not become angry, and Paradise will be yours.”
    “Do not laugh too much, for excessive laughter deadens the heart.”

  17. #17
    Umm Butterbean shazj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    6,445
    Rep Power
    146

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by Umu Caamir View Post
    i've never even been to a stable.
    At least you got to see them sometimes......
    Thats only because I spend most of my time near farms trust me its easier for you because you wont get to see horses everywhere, I do (not when I am in Birmingham lol)..ohh Im really upset now..:'(

  18. #18
    pariah *asiya*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    47,839
    Rep Power
    1122

    Re: Horse riding for women

    i would write to the shayookh at www.islam-qa.com and get some more information and clarification on that statement given in the above, as it clearly states that

    (Note: The Ma’naa (meaning) of the above Hadith is established by the Fuqahaa, though there exists Idtiraab in the words - Radd Al-Muhtar, vol 6, pg 423, HM Sa’eed)

    idtiraab is contradiction.
    Last edited by *asiya*; 17-04-09 at 01:31 PM.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

    The Prophet said:

    "Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

    muslim

    Narrated 'Abdullah:

    The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari


    "Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

    By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

    [Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]


  19. #19
    ~**~**~**~**~**~ ze leetle elper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    28,692
    Rep Power
    129

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by Rooh View Post
    If they havent rode the horse before in their lives, how are they going to ride it in the time of necessity??? it takes the skill and the knowledge of riding a horse before one actually can ride it at the time of necessity
    Good point.
    What does 'freedom' mean?

    Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
    Restricted by the sky?

    Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
    Not enough river to explore?

    Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
    but death for the fish,

    The sea is wide for the fish
    but will engulf the bird.

    We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
    We can only express our nature as it was created.

    The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
    freedom from slavery to other than the One,
    Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
    and a horizon that extends to the next life,

  20. #20
    Umm Butterbean shazj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    6,445
    Rep Power
    146

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by `asiya View Post
    i would write to the shayookh at www.islam-qa.com and get some more information and clarification on that statement given in the above, as it clearly states that

    (Note: The Ma’naa (meaning) of the above Hadith is established by the Fuqahaa, though there exists Idtiraab in the words - Radd Al-Muhtar, vol 6, pg 423, HM Sa’eed)

    idtiraab is contradiction.
    I think thats a good idea. I might just write to sunnipath instead and see what response I get.

  21. #21
    pariah *asiya*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    47,839
    Rep Power
    1122

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by shazj View Post
    I think thats a good idea. I might just write to sunnipath instead and see what response I get.
    ask them for some sahih daleel too. for example Umm Haram fell from her horse and died when the muslims went to cyprus to spread islam, and the prophet said this would happen to her.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

    The Prophet said:

    "Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

    muslim

    Narrated 'Abdullah:

    The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari


    "Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

    By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

    [Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]


  22. #22
    Umm Butterbean shazj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    6,445
    Rep Power
    146

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by `asiya View Post
    ask them for some sahih daleel too. for example Umm Haram fell from her horse and died when the muslims went to cyprus to spread islam, and the prophet said this would happen to her.
    Thank you very much sister Asiya.

  23. #23
    Servant of A||AH TipuSultan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    721
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Horse riding for women

    With all you sisters wanting to improve your horse riding skills, i think you have indirectly pursuaded this brother to get some lessons. Although i have absolutely no idea where i can learn...actually i have no idea where i can find a horse.

    Its definitely a sunnah and a great skill to learn.
    "A single day of a Lions life is worth more than a hundered years of the life of a fox" (Final moments of Tipu Sultan)
    "don't weep like a woman for what you could not defend as a man" (mother of Muhammad XII, Final moments of Muslim rule in Spain)

  24. #24
    Umm Butterbean shazj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    6,445
    Rep Power
    146

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by TipuSultan View Post
    With all you sisters wanting to improve your horse riding skills, i think you have indirectly pursuaded this brother to get some lessons. Although i have absolutely no idea where i can learn...actually i have no idea where i can find a horse.

    Its definitely a sunnah and a great skill to learn.
    It depends on where you live. Check if there are stables around your area, they will usually do horse riding lessons. They tend to be abit pricey ie £25-£40 per lesson but as I said, check for stables in the nearest towns around you if you're in a city. If you wish to give me the name of your town, I can do a quick search for you.

  25. #25
    Servant of A||AH TipuSultan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    721
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by shazj View Post
    It depends on where you live. Check if there are stables around your area, they will usually do horse riding lessons. They tend to be abit pricey ie £25-£40 per lesson but as I said, check for stables in the nearest towns around you if you're in a city. If you wish to give me the name of your town, I can do a quick search for you.
    JazakALLAH, i dont mind the cost as long as i can learn. Im gonna want my children to learn the art so i better start myself first.

    I just spoke to someone at work and he said "his girlfriend has a stable and a horse and she can teach" i was like thanks but no thanks.
    "A single day of a Lions life is worth more than a hundered years of the life of a fox" (Final moments of Tipu Sultan)
    "don't weep like a woman for what you could not defend as a man" (mother of Muhammad XII, Final moments of Muslim rule in Spain)

  26. #26
    I DONT REPLY 2 PM'S
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    6,092
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: Horse riding for women

    for horse riding in the UK....unless you have your own horse and land to ride it in....wouldnt you have to wear the whole riding outfit, them tight pants and hat etc?
    Jo kaam karta hai tu chup ke jahaan se
    koi dekhta hai tujhe aasmaan se

  27. #27
    -err-
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    514
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Horse riding for women

    ive always wanted to be a horse-rider ...

    how much does a horse cost?

  28. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    755
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Horse riding for women

    erm,

    did the prophet (pbuh) not say to women that 'the best amongst you are the camel riders', so encouraging them to ride/have a means of transport?

    Does riding a camel differ that much from a horse?

  29. #29
    Ding Dong Witch IS Back! Kubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    8,465
    Rep Power
    53

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by northern_dude View Post
    ive always wanted to be a horse-rider ...

    how much does a horse cost?
    Do you mean lessons? A horse is pretty expensive to buy though - like over a thousand pounds or so.

    Horse riding is simply great And it's not too difficult to learn either. You need to be patient and basically a little courageous.
    Last edited by Kubs; 17-04-09 at 02:44 PM.
    Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

  30. #30
    pray 4 peace Tahiyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    10,251
    Rep Power
    118

    Re: Horse riding for women

    i wonder if this is why the sauds dont let women drive?

  31. #31
    Umm Butterbean shazj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    6,445
    Rep Power
    146

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Horse riding works out to be much cheaper than having to buy your own horse, unless you have like an acre of land as your back garden and you can have your own stable. Otherwise you would have to rent out a stable and pay for all the extra costs. As far as I know, many stables will provide all the protective gear for learning. Clothing need not be completely fitted but you mind find it a tad odd if you turn up to learn riding in a lungi/shalwar

  32. #32
    Servant of A||AH TipuSultan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    721
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by northern_dude View Post
    ive always wanted to be a horse-rider ...

    how much does a horse cost?
    Brother, you could probably buy one but where would you put it? unless you bought a couple of acres of land aswell.

    Id like one of those full white horses..if they exist that is.
    "A single day of a Lions life is worth more than a hundered years of the life of a fox" (Final moments of Tipu Sultan)
    "don't weep like a woman for what you could not defend as a man" (mother of Muhammad XII, Final moments of Muslim rule in Spain)

  33. #33
    Umm Butterbean shazj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    6,445
    Rep Power
    146

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by northern_dude View Post
    ive always wanted to be a horse-rider ...

    how much does a horse cost?
    Depends on the breed but most are expensive.

  34. #34
    Umm Butterbean shazj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    6,445
    Rep Power
    146

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by TipuSultan View Post
    Brother, you could probably buy one but where would you put it? unless you bought a couple of acres of land aswell.

    Id like one of those full white horses..if they exist that is.
    Brother I have sent you a list of riding schools near your area, if you need any more, just let me know

  35. #35
    Servant of A||AH TipuSultan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    721
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by shazj View Post
    Brother I have sent you a list of riding schools near your area, if you need any more, just let me know
    Sis, thats ace JazakALLAH. Ill give them a ring and see what they can arrange for me.
    "A single day of a Lions life is worth more than a hundered years of the life of a fox" (Final moments of Tipu Sultan)
    "don't weep like a woman for what you could not defend as a man" (mother of Muhammad XII, Final moments of Muslim rule in Spain)

  36. #36
    -err-
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    514
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by Kubs View Post
    Do you mean lessons? A horse is pretty expensive to buy though - like over a thousand pounds or so.

    Horse riding is simply great And it's not too difficult to learn either. You need to be patient and basically a little courageous.
    no i mean a horse, have you done horse riding?..maybe you could share your experiences?

    Quote Originally Posted by TipuSultan View Post
    Brother, you could probably buy one but where would you put it? unless you bought a couple of acres of land aswell.

    Id like one of those full white horses..if they exist that is.

    Alhamdulillah - no problem in where i can put it..
    ooh yeh.. i want those white stallions

    Quote Originally Posted by shazj View Post
    Brother I have sent you a list of riding schools near your area, if you need any more, just let me know

    where can i find these riding schools? what if i practice on a donkey first? and then move onto a horse?

  37. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    2,389
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by TRANSWARP View Post
    They don't lose their virginity, the hymen can be broken from horse riding, so its best to do horse riding after marriage.
    no problems doc can fix it , lol
    Last edited by Tahiyah; 17-04-09 at 09:54 PM. Reason: *ahem* not really necessary

  38. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    2,389
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by `asiya View Post
    ask them for some sahih daleel too. for example Umm Haram fell from her horse and died when the muslims went to cyprus to spread islam, and the prophet said this would happen to her.
    not many people know that cyprus was conquered during the time of Uthman

  39. #39
    Servant of A||AH TipuSultan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    721
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
    no problems doc can fix it , lol
    ]
    oh dear..
    Last edited by Tahiyah; 17-04-09 at 09:54 PM. Reason: removed link
    "A single day of a Lions life is worth more than a hundered years of the life of a fox" (Final moments of Tipu Sultan)
    "don't weep like a woman for what you could not defend as a man" (mother of Muhammad XII, Final moments of Muslim rule in Spain)

  40. #40

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Horse riding for women

    Quote Originally Posted by shazj View Post
    I would really appreciate the evidence sister, thank you for your help.
    Sista I read tht article ages ago and now cant find it, I m so sorry, astagfirullah

    Quote Originally Posted by shazj View Post
    Thats only because I spend most of my time near farms trust me its easier for you because you wont get to see horses everywhere, I do (not when I am in Birmingham lol)..ohh Im really upset now..:'(
    Tbh I was so lukin 4ward to it in probably dis summer. I wished to learn aside riding ( i.e. with both legs down the left hand side of the horse) and not astride. The former is normally considered to be more modest and enable us to remain fully covered wid abaya, however is a little for difficult to master. I asked my friend and she has a very private facility, away from prying eyes, women far outnumber men in da horse ridin world. It’s a great way of keeping fit. But afta reading the fatwa OBL linked, I’ve too decided to leave it unless proven otherwise authentically.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:29 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Super PM System provided by vBSuper_PM (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone
Omar Esa Nasheed Artist
| Omar Esa Nasheeds | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Nasheeds : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Hijabs Online | Hijabs | Hijab Shop | Hijab Shop | AlJazeera Live, MBC Live, Makkah Live : Treasure of The Scholars