Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

LIVE Arabic Classes with Abu Mus'ab Wednesday 8:30PM GMT (9:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Note: All classes are still on the old times of GMT, not GMT +1 a.k.a. BST, with the exception of the Tafseer Class, for that will be done at 7:30pm GMT, or 6:30pm GMT+1/BST

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    is STILL mawliding*joy*:D Chained_Water's Avatar
    Birmingham Shareef: the holy city of the UK

Arrow Arab style floor seating/sofas

Where in the UK can you buy them?

There's one place in Brum, but they only have like two colours and they're tooo expensive

Anyone know of other places?

My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi

Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.- Shaykh al-Shadhili

Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. - Jibreel (as)

ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ
    O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
    Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. - Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر

Re: Arab style floor seating/sofas

My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi

Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. - Jibreel (as)

ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ
    Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. - Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر

That's really beautiful. If you do find a place to buy these from please do share it here with us. Insha'Allaah.

Ma'aSalaama

http://www.hearthijab.com Phoenix CG's Avatar

go to B&Q buy some styrofoam insulation boards then wrap it with insulation and then put a cover on it thas what it looks like to me

It is (very firm) foam with covers.. but I think it costs more to get that kinda foam cut and so on yourself and then make the covers.. it's an option, but obviously finding some decent ones for good price would be more straight forward.

The ones in the pic are quite basic, the sort of standard ones you see around though are a bit more fancy and have arm rests and proper back rest.

its not expensive, and its very easy to cut use a power tool and some vices to hold the board onto a work bench. and it should be pretty simple.

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Chained_Water View Post
    It is (very firm) foam with covers.. but I think it costs more to get that kinda foam cut and so on yourself and then make the covers.. it's an option, but obviously finding some decent ones for good price would be more straight forward.

The ones in the pic are quite basic, the sort of standard ones you see around though are a bit more fancy and have arm rests and proper back rest.
    I dont know, maybe you could try Edgware road? But thats in London sister, also expensive that part of the city.

If i remember right there were two like Arab furniture shops there, ill try to dig it up for you later, but cant say 100% because i havent been there for a while.

board? what do you mean by board?
    link me to what you're talking about..

the foam sorry u can get ones with board on the back, they're quite firm, am not sure if its on the net lemme check, i just remember it from all the building wrok!

Board makes it sound hard? They're not hard..
    They are very firm, not like normal sofa cushions.. but they're still soft enough to sit on comfortably..

Someone must know where to get them

put http://www.wickes.co.uk/Polystyrene-...rd/invt/210823
    that on a wooden backingput a cushion or something soft on top if you want, stable it around and then put ur cover on

That's long!!

Who's gonna buy wood, buy the boards, buy the cushions, cut it all and stick it all together and then put a cover on it? No thanks

It'd probably be far more expensive, a lot less comfortable and lot more time consuming... but thanks for trying dude

NEXT....

its abotu the experience!

in berlin many TJ bros have this type of seating arrangements in their homes
    لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Hmmm..

Maybe.. but if I was gonna do it myself that's still not how I'd do it.. I'd go to some foam companies and check out the different density foams and try to get a good deal..

Maybe I should just go on holiday to Morocco and bring some back with me.

Hmmm..

Maybe.. but if I was gonna do it myself that's still not how I'd do it.. I'd go to some foam companies and check out the different density foams and try to get a good deal..

Maybe I should just go on holiday to Morocco and bring some back with me.
    as salamu alaikum,

u have a business opportunity there ukhti

if this is hard to find, and there is demand, start a business

as salamu alaikum
    There's nothing natural about natural disasters. Think about it...

as long as you can sew covers.... trust me its dead easy to make them at home.... buy foam... cut them into right size... sew their covers n envelope them... ur done...
    لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Belal br.. you should've told me that in private.. now everyone knows the get rich quick scheme

Truepath, we're considering it.. just need to look into the cost.. and would've prefered the quick option of going into a shop handing over some dosh and hey presto..

They are beautiful. They look Tunisian or Morracan in the link. I love them styles. My dad's family abroad have these kinds of things in their guest rooms but they are higher off the floor slightly.

Chillin' with my axe

Very easy to make.

In fact, you won't even have to make them. All you need are the two sets of cushions from an old sofa and put some new covers on them.

I am cheap. I just take off the couch seats and put new fabric on them and I find decent size throw pillows or cushions for law furniture

Quote Originally Posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    Very easy to make.

In fact, you won't even have to make them. All you need are the two sets of cushions from an old sofa and put some new covers on them.

Noooo.. they are not like sofa cushions.. they're a lot more sturdy/firm..

Look: http://www.debaj.com/images/large/a1.jpg

There's one place in Brum, but they only have like two colours and they're tooo expensive

Get yourself a carpenter, who will build you a 10 inch platform, and then put foam on top and then get some throws
    cost you maybe 500 in total, but you will have an awsome seating area

Chillin' with my axe

CutFoam
    We have provided foam blocks and foam low level seating to create an authentic Arabic/Moroccan theme to restaurants, events companies and private individuals.

wal 'aqibatulil muttaqeen Uthman Ibn Afan's Avatar

try asking someone who makes those TP setees, maybe they can make some. I think theres a shop on washwood heath road that makes setees.
    http://kondori.wordpress.com/

HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل
    Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.

"...its better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness..."

Salātullāhi wa Salāmuhu Ďalayka ya Rasūlallāh

Quote Originally Posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    Ooh, interesting.. hope they don't cost a bomb.. will call 'em up inshaAllah
    bro.

I have looked at some foam company websites already and some of them have pricing tools on there, and they're just

assalam alaikum

we dont have sofa in our house but we have majlis sofas my father love to sleep there when he watch news

u can find lots ok it in UAE..

fe aman ALLAH

sis
    the majority of the people I know with these majlis sofas get them from abroad like from Saudi, UAE etc.

Sorry didnt help did I?
    "..And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him."
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-D‚' wad-Daw‚ Fasl 49]

Salaam,

I'm also looking for this sort of thing.

Anyone manage to find them? Google just brought me straight back here!

printpoint

In the name of Allaah, the Most Merciful, the Most Kind. All praise be due to Allaah, Lord of the Worlds and peace and blessings be upon the beloved Messenger Muhammad sallallaahu alayhi wassallam, his family, his companions and those who follow his Sunnah until Yawmal Qiyaamah. Whosoever Allaah guides, none can misguide and whosoever Allaah misguides, none can guide. I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and final Messenger.

I make made to measure majlis in all sizes For further information do not hesitate to contact me 07837394752.
    or email sales@andaluciaseating.co.uk

JazakAllah Khairan

Ahmed

Quote Originally Posted by printpoint View Post
    In the name of Allaah, the Most Merciful, the Most Kind. All praise be due to Allaah, Lord of the Worlds and peace and blessings be upon the beloved Messenger Muhammad sallallaahu alayhi wassallam, his family, his companions and those who follow his Sunnah until Yawmal Qiyaamah. Whosoever Allaah guides, none can misguide and whosoever Allaah misguides, none can guide. I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and final Messenger.

I make made to measure majlis in all sizes For further information do not hesitate to contact me 07837394752.

JazakAllah Khairan

Ahmed
    Do you have a website?
    "And We will remove whatever is in their breasts of resentment, [so they will be] brothers, on thrones facing each other."
    Al Hijr: 47

printpoint

Sorry I do not have a website but if you email me.I will send you some photos inshaAllah.

JazakAllah Khairan

Assalamu alaykum

Can you please advise as to where in Birmingham you can buy these sofas from? I.e. Name of the shop/address etc, jazaakallaahu khair.

in search for light

How about finding a brother from the middle east to bring you something back..... so you can say it's authentic lol

you will find somali women that sell them in their shops.. don't know if you have those kinda shops where you live
    May we reach daruSalaam by His, and only His Decree
    I would die for the cause if I knew only to what degree
    My Blog

Account Disabled

i doubt shes still looking for a sofa ... its been a year now people

printpoint

Assalamu Alaikum.

JazakAllah Khairan

Ahmed

http://www.c2kupholstery.webs.com/

try that, insha'allah
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

Revive A Sunnah

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix cg View Post
    go to b&q buy some styrofoam insulation boards then wrap it with insulation and then put a cover on it thas what it looks like to me
    lol
    There is no such thing as an Israel,
    It is occupied-palestine

Should the Jews have been given a homeland?

YES...........in germany,

the world should have given the jews germany as payment for the holocaust

Quote Originally Posted by birmingham_UK View Post
    Assalamu alaykum

Can you please advise as to where in Birmingham you can buy these sofas from? I.e. Name of the shop/address etc, jazaakallaahu khair.
    I know two shops :P

one is in Coventry Road, past that salamah somali restaurant, its like a big wharehouse its got plenty of styles there
    and the other one, but not too big, its in Stratford road, near camp hill circuis just opposite the old petrol station just after the bridge ?
    There is no such thing as an Israel,
    It is occupied-palestine

Should the Jews have been given a homeland?

YES...........in germany,

the world should have given the jews germany as payment for the holocaust