Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

LIVE Arabic Classes with Abu Mus'ab Wednesday 8:30PM GMT skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Note: All classes are still on the old times of GMT, not GMT +1 a.k.a. BST, with the exception of the Tafseer Class, for that will be done at 7:30pm GMT, or 6:30pm GMT+1/BST

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    shazmaz

Free arabic pdf Arabic review

I am posting some web sites of some popular Arabic books for free download in PDF and WORD and Audio format. The are more than one web sites as the information can be slightly different with extra personal notes. I may give reviews at times.

shazmaz

Re: Free arabic pdf Arabic review

I found this from the Madinah year 1 level 2 (3 stories only from Ibraheem, Yosaf, nuh) - I am not sure who is the Author -

http://www.iu.edu.sa/edu/syukbah/qis2_index.htm

shazmaz

http://www.neelwafurat.com/itempage....3&search=books

here it is for a few $ but I do not know where from

Quote Originally Posted by mazshaz View Post
    http://www.neelwafurat.com/itempage....3&search=books

here it is for a few $ but I do not know where from
    i think they ship from lebanaon? cant remember for definite but i think it was from there
    iv bought from there b4 they r reliable
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.

“People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

shazmaz

http://www.islamictorrents.net/browse.php?cat=38&page=1

you may find supplements for kids here films etc.....

speak good or be silent the_middle_road's Avatar

"And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
    (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

shazmaz

here is a few well know books, Haywoods book is there and I was have a good look at it. I managed to remove the transliteration from the book using paint and it looks better without it. I have attached it so you can check it out. its from page 37 in the book.

http://www.ghazali.org/arabic/
    Attached Images Attached Images

shazmaz

here is page 37
    Attached Images Attached Images

shazmaz

Ahlan wa Sahlan

I am going though this book at the moment, I love it.

for those of you who like a bit of English to explain Arabic and have probably completed book 1 (Madinah) or 100 word & Read and Speak Arabic by Jane Wightwick & maybe add Mastering Arabic Book. Then this is the book for you. Although it is not as popular as the Al-Kitab books and this version does not have the DVD. It still has the Audio. I left Al-kitab after 5 chapters in favour of doing this.

The drill so far (chapter 1 and 2) are very enjoyable and even with the fact there are 1 or 2 Answer errors and the fact that I would of liked HAL ANTA NIZAR? instead of ANTA NIZAR? a lot of people will benefit for the approach of this book. The English is just enough to explain things to get by, not like the Alif Baa book.

The second edition has the book split into 2 books and the fonts are better and it is in colour, more vowels, better pictures DVD etc.

I was amazed from lesson 1 (download)
    http://yalepress.yale.edu/yupbooks/b...=9780300058543

you are expected to be at this level at lesson 18 (24 in the old version)
    http://yalepress.yale.edu/yupbooks/b...=9780300122725

It reminds me of the Arabic English version of Alkitab Assassi and Arabiya Byna yadak

So try this book sometime 'anitalg' and 'Anna58'

They also have the word
    الطقس
    and a full chapter (18) on weather

Arabiya Byna yadak chapter 10 on الجو

Alkitab Assassi chapter 21 season of the year

These books are authentic and reliable for Arabic.

shazmaz

http://studyarabic.multiply.com/

some ebooks (pdf) and others for buying!!??

shazmaz

Arabic byna yadayk

http://www.archive.org/details/arabicbyh-pdf

Here are the 3 books of Arabiya byna yadak 1-3,

Addition to this are the teachers books, it only has 30 pages of the teachers book but you will get a feel of it (ie do you need a copy?)

shazmaz

Some free samples and on line courses 85$ per level

ومن المواقع التي تُفيدك ويمكنُك التواصُل معها:
    1- موقع معهد القاهرة لعلوم اللغة العربية www.arabicinegypt.com.
    2- موقع الأكاديمية العربية، القاهرة www.arabacademy.com.
    3- موقع مركز الديوان، القاهرة www.aldiwancenter.com.
    4- موقع معهد الخرطوم الدولي، السودان www.alecsolugha.org.
    5 - موقع العربية الميسَّرة، القاهرة www.ea4arabic.com.

let us know if you have studies from any?

shazmaz

http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/eric/latifa/arabic_call.htm

above is a website of books that Latifa Al-Sulaiti's Homepage recommends

shazmaz

http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/eric/alsulaiti02.pdf

Books and tapes
    There is a wide variety of courses available on the market. For example, Abboud et al. (1976) focus on Standard Arabic. Harvey (1980) chooses the dialect spoken in Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine. Holes (1984) investigates the colloquial Arabic of the Gulf and Saudi Arabia. El-Ghobashy & Wise (1985) provide a short course for teaching Egyptian Arabic. Wightwick & Gaafar (1990) base their course on Egyptian Arabic and focus on Standard Arabic for writing and reading. This variety can be confusing for the learner who is presented with a family of languages instead of just one. Presentations of al-fusha routinely confuse written and spoken Arabic, or at least spoken Arabic and written Arabic read aloud. It is impossible, for example, to use Standard Arabic for a conversation for buying bananas or ordering a meal, or even greeting someone. Presentations of colloquial varieties are valuable for spoken language in the chosen area, but do not give the learner the necessary introduction to Arabic except perhaps as a tourist.
    Multimedia programs

shazmaz

shazmaz

http://kitaabun.com/shopping3/index....sort=3a&page=2

Qasas an Nabiyin: Nadwi,

Arabic Stories of the Prophets, Full 5n2, 4 Vol/2 Books. Qisass,Kisass..., Shaykh Abul Hassan Ali Nadwi, Pakistan Print, HB, Simple Arb

I found this for 5 pound

shazmaz

مركز تسوق "العربية للجميع"

"Arabic for all" shopping center (paypal as well)

here is about the cheapest (2nd cheapest(online-free) place that I have found for the books

Arabiyah byna yadak, dictionary, they work out about 16 pound after shipping to the UK for about 5-10 books. They also have 2 new products.

DVD/video
    A video breaks (sounds, showing) for teaching Arabic sounds divided in three of parts:

do people want the answers for these books or the vocab in English ?

Is someone helping others in this area?

shazmaz

http://www.arabicforall.net/shoppingcenter/

sorry forgot the link

I have the following which is a pain when you put thing up or forget or want to change it and can not?!!
    You may not edit your posts

shazmaz

Software

I was looking for ways to type Arabic letter via keyboard, so I started looking through some software.

Here you can download the free sample of the transliteration of about 500 words
    http://www.byki.com/download_fls.plex?cod=M01T61

I found it in Arabic letters (fonts) in Learn Arabic Now V10
    on the Arabic learning Collection by Natasha Smith
    http://www.islamictorrents.net/userdetails.php?id=40498

I think I have seen it on this forum before and I my have mentioned it. But this is the first time I have seen it in the Arabic version and complete version of 66 lessons it is very good for people who want to learn Arabic vocab.

The Rosetta Stone:
    I also finally looked at The Rosetta Stone for beginners and kids, these are good learning tools. I very much like the idea of words vowelled and not vowelled. 2 points to note though , they do not read the end vowels on words. This maybe ok to begin with but when they start reading sentences they also do not use the vowels at the end. Also the woman's pronunciation of 'TA' is not very good. When she mentioned cat qiTA, it was about 50% passable, but when she mentions TAira for airplane because of the alif after it, it sounds like a ta.

http://www.ummah.net/forum/showthread.php?t=194845
    The Rosetta Stone replicates the give and take of learning that occurs when the native language is acquired: words become associated with objects and ideas because they are introduced in a context where meaning is clear and reinforcement is immediate. The Rosetta Stone uses thousands of carefully selected pictures to create its context of meaning. The program elicits the student's response and gives instantaneous feedback, confirming the comprehension that has taken place. The program has been developed as a carefully sequenced, step by step process - as words build to phrases, sentences and dialogs, new vocabulary and syntax are progressively integrated in a systematic, natural flow. Users work exclusively in the target language because The Rosetta Stone depends on pictures to create its context of meaning. It uses the mind's innate ability to directly associate sound to meaning, without translation into the native language of the learner.

Instructions:

1) Download the files (ar_level1.rar and ar_level2.rar).

2) Extract the files using WinRar (into a new folder on your computer named Arabic).

3) Now you have two options - you can either mount the image files that were just extracted or you can burn each image on a seperate CD.

(i) To mount the Image files you should download Daemon Tools. (get it here: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php )

(a) install the software and run it.
    (b) once u run it.. it will apear at the bottom right hand side of ur screen (where the time appears, along with MSN/Yahoo Icons (if u have them installed and running)).
    © when you see it there right click on the icon with your mouse, and click on the 'Virtual Cd/DVD Rom' option.
    (d) there should be 'Device 0 and Device 1' and they should say 'No Media'.. if there isn't 2 then there should be an option asking u to 'set number of virtual devics', so set it to 2 Devices.
    (e) once you have 2 Devices - go to the first one and click 'Mount Image', then go to the folder where you had extracted the files for Level One Arabic and select the file that appears in that folder.
    (f) now go to the second Device and select the file from the Level 2 folder.
    (g) after you have completed those steps go to 'My Computer' and check to see that you have 2 new CD/DVD Drives (one for each file you mounted).
    (h) you can double click on the first of the 2 new drives and it should take you through the Installation.
    (i) and when that is done - just run the program and start learning Insha'Allah.

(ii) To burn the Image files I reccomend downloading Nero but any CD burning software should do.

(a) install the software and run Nero Express (or whatever software you use for burning).
    (b) now find the option for Burning Disc Image or Saved Projects.
    © once you get there select the Image.CCD file for the Arabic level you want to burn and burn the disc.
    (d) then burn the Image.CCD file for the remaining level.
    (e) now just pop the 1st CD in and start installing.
    (d) and put in the 2nd CD when it asks you to for Arabic.
    (e) now just run the software and don't lose the CD because you will need it whenever you want to use the software.

Download 1 (ar_level1.rar = Arabic Level 1)
    Download 2 (ar_level2.rar = Arabic Level 2)

Enjoy!

shazmaz

sorry
    you will have to look for the Rosertta Stone Arabic from somewhere else. You will also have to look for the installation disk as well for it to work.

shazmaz

Here is version 3 of rosetta stone 'Arabic'
    It looks better than the first two versions. they decided to start of with a common greeting instead of vocab words, like car etc.
    Although I could not get it to work on my computer 'my windows my be too new for it'. It as 3 sets of pdf file of all the words with vowels.
    over 50 pages on each level.

http://www.kickasstorrents.com/roset...-t2218297.html

shazmaz

as well as, it also has...

and has these

Rosetta Stone V3 - English (American)
    Rosetta Stone V3 - French
    Rosetta Stone V3 - German
    Rosetta Stone V3 - Italian
    Rosetta Stone V3 - Japanese
    Rosetta Stone V3 - Portuguese (Brazil)
    Rosetta Stone V3 - Russian
    Rosetta Stone V3 - Spanish (Latin America)
    Rosetta Stone V3 - Spanish (Spain)
    Rosetta Stone V3 Chinese

shazmaz

rosetta stone V3

you do not need the CD every time you run the package.

the pronunciation is better (native speakers) which they highlight on the program.
    there are vowel pronunciation at the end of each word.
    It splits lessons into (level 1) , there are 3 levels
    unit 1 will be:-
    1 pronunciation
    2 vocabulary
    3 grammar
    4 reading
    4 writing
    It will also state the time it should take for each section.

shazmaz

This has a big improvement from version 2.

(oh, yes got it to work on windows xp)

The big improvements are:-

you do not need the CD every time you run the package.

the pronunciation is better (native speakers) which they highlight on the program.
    there are vowel pronunciation at the end of each word.
    It splits lessons into (level 1) , there are 3 levels
    unit 1 will be:-
    1 pronunciation
    2 vocabulary
    3 grammar
    4 reading
    4 writing
    It will also state the time it should take for each section.

shazmaz

here is another book on the Prophets

http://www.esnips.com/web/arabicnew/?flush=1

shazmaz

Introduction:

Earnest Renan (1823-1894) carried out an extensive research on Semitic languages. He wrote a book on their vocabularies in which he had the following to write about the Arabic language: “The Arabic language is the most astonishing event of human history. Unknown during the classical period, it suddenly emerged as a complete language. After this, it did not undergo any noticeable change.”

This program has been primarily designed as a correspondence course. In this system of learning, the student is sent a few lessons every few weeks. He or she does them at the rate of one a week and sends back the exercise sheets for our evaluation. From time to time, we inform the students about how they fare.

However, somebody with greater enthusiasm might not require to go through this method, and so, may opt to do the course all by himself or herself: without sending us the exercise sheets for evaluation. The choice is yours. In fact, after trying this latter course, if you wish to change the method of study, you can still rejoin as a corresponding student. For us the important thing is that you learn the language - in the cheapest and most convenient way.

The course has been primarily designed for those who wish to learn the language of the Qur’an and Hadith (Prophetic sayings). Accordingly, its vocabulary is mostly from these two sources. In the advanced stage, you will have examples from Qur’an and Hadith commentaries and other related texts. Nevertheless, a good amount of non-religious literature has also been used. The emphasis, however, is on religious text. Grammar rules of course do not change, whether you learn classical Arabic - the language of the Qur’an and Hadith - or modern Arabic, which requires vocabulary of a different sort. Once you know the rules, you can manage both.

Now, how much of the Qur’an and Hadith will you be able to understand when you are through with this course? Well, it is expected that you will be able to understand almost all of the Madinan portions of the Qur’an and most of the Prophetic statements. For higher understanding, you will have to study further, which you will be able to do on your own, thereafter.

All in all, there will be about 75 lessons, spread over three levels. Every lesson is explained through an audio cassette. And the method is: you read a lesson at least once, then listen to the tape with the lesson before you. Hopefully, you should have few problems in understanding. If you have, you could always write to us.

This course been conducted several times over, with fair success. Yet, for some it might prove to be tough. But they must show patience, especially in the earlier stages. Every new lesson might add to difficulties. But, they must keep going. Because, as they advance, previous lessons will become easier.

A note might be placed here. The process of learning is never interesting. So we have brought in a few surprising sentences, and have added humor here and there, along with some remarks critical of a class of people, or a culture. They are not there for the sake of criticism, but rather, for evoking interest - a wake up call, if you are dozing off. So, they may not be taken seriously.

Syed Iqbal Zaheer

shazmaz

Vowels

There are three long and three short vowels in Arabic.

Long vowels ي و ا

The short vowels are also known as “haraka” (pl. harakaat). They are as follows:

ـُـ ـَـ ـِـ

1- ضَمَّةٌ (Dammah) / رَفْعٌ Rafa’) ) ـُـ مَثَلاً: " دُ " "شُ"

2- فَتْحَةٌ (Fat-haa)/ نَصَبٌ ) Nasab) ـَـ مَثَلاً: "صَ" "كَ" ’ " صَدَقَ " (He spoke the truth)

3- كَسْرَةٌ (Kasraa)/ جَرٌّ (Jarrun) ـِـ مَثَلاً: "دِ" "سِ" ’ " كَذِبَ "

4- تَنْوِيْنٌ Tanveen (Nunation) مَثَلاً: "بٌ/بً/بٍ" أبٌ ـٌـ اَباً ـًـ اَبٍ ـٍـ

5- سُكُوْنٌ (Sukun) / جَزْمٌ (Jazm) ـْـ / ـدـ مَثَلاً: صِدْقٌ (Truth) كِذْبٌ (A Lie)
    How are “Waw” and “Yaa” pronounced in usage among other letters:

6- "و" مَثَلاً: كَوْنٌ (The World) - رُوْحٌ (Soul) - أبُوْ (Father)
    " ي " مَثَلاً: كَيْفَ (How) – رِيْحٌ (Wind) – أبِيْ (My Father)

7- مَرْفُوْعٌ - مَثَلاً: وَحْىٌ (Revelation) or اَلْوَحْيُ
    مَنْصُوْبٌ / مَفْتُوْحٌ - مَثَلاً: إن اللهَ or إنَّ أباً
    مَجْرُوْرٌ - مَثَلاً: مِنَ الْبابِ or مِنْ بابٍ
    مَجْزُومٌ - مَثَلاً: مِنْ (From)

8- شَـدَّ / مُشَدَّدٌ - مَثَلاً: فَـرَّ (He escaped)
    صَدَّقَ (He testified to turth)

9- الألِفُ المَقْصُوْرَة - مَثَلاً: لَيْلى (A female’s name)
    الألِفُ المَمْدُوْدَة - مَثَلاً: مَلآئِكَةٌ (Angels)

Numbers العدد
    One 1
    Two 2
    Three 3
    Four 4
    Five 5
    Six 6
    Seven 7
    Eight 8
    Nine 9
    Ten 10

(Fig. a.) 21 Twenty one

(Fig. b.) 235 Two hundred and thirty five

shazmaz

I have put the first 7 lessons here with Audio. I don't know too much about this teacher I have googled to find the web site etc. I have come across a lot of stuff in Arabic lessons, book Audio. DVD etc. This is one of the best beginners courses I have come across. The reason for saying that is that it does not over look the fact that you have to learn to read Arabic and spend the lesson for it, then covers writing then goes on to grammar.

http://www.esnips.com/web/ArabicCourseSyaed

shazmaz

http://www.mediafire.com/?jnyyyzj2m32

Book type : Arabic English
    Grammar : Yes
    Excercises and drills : No
    Beginners : No
    Intermediates : maybe
    File size : 152 MB
    Download time : about 15 min max
    Quality of text : very good
    Audio : No

shazmaz

http://www.mediafire.com/?jnyyyzj2m32

Excercises and drills : No
    Beginners : No
    Intermediates : maybe
    Advanced: Yes
    File size : 152 MB
    Download time : about 15 min max
    Quality of text : very good
    Audio : No

shazmaz

http://www.mediafire.com/?knmnzmmz4mg

Excercises and drills : Yes
    Beginners : Yes
    Intermediates : Yes
    File size : 190 MB
    Download time : about 20 min max
    Quality of text : not clear but ok
    Audio : Yes - will upload - soon

shazmaz

http://www.mediafire.com/?xmmqmjomzqw

There are 3 Audio for this book so this is 1 off 3.
    Quality of Audio: It is clear Native Arabs, from the 1960 and 1970. Very useful for drill practice

File size : 169 MB
    Audio : Yes

shazmaz

http://www.mediafire.com/?djm0ztwjinm

There are 3 Audio for this book so this is 2 of 3. (this is in-fact part 1 lessons 1-15)

Quality of Audio: It is clear Native Arabs, from the 1960 and 1970. Very useful for drill practice

shazmaz

There are 3 Audio for this book so this is 3 of 3. (it covers lessons 15 to 30)

shazmaz

There are 3 Audio for this book so this is 3 of 3. (it covers lessons 15 to 30)
    (sorry the link)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?qjgezqy2nml

The next 4 Audios will be for intermediates level which is about p600 to p1000 of the PDF flie

shazmaz

InshALLAH

InshALLAH

http://www.mediafire.com/?vwiumtoknmm

http://www.mediafire.com/?yzj0yhjydfk

http://www.mediafire.com/?zzvczl3zi2n

http://www.mediafire.com/?erlezdydyoa

There are 4 Audio for this book at the intermediate level (it covers lessons 30-45)

File size :
    Download time : about 20 min max each

shazmaz

Book type : Arabic English 1-30 lesson
    Beginners : -
    File size :
    Download time : about 5 min

http://www.mediafire.com/?yqkjtzjqh0z

http://www.mediafire.com/?dno0kqmkrxz

http://www.mediafire.com/?ngzmzjqjmjy

the 2 audios will follow InshAllah

shazmaz

shazmaz

Re: old Arabic English

This was posted on this thread about a year ago...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mazshaz
    I found this Arabic grammar

not my cup of tea or (QAWA) coffee people say it's good

but nobody download it yet!!!!!!!!???????!!!!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/9739710/Arabic-Grammar

This is the older version of the Haywood Arabic grammar, as in it was based on this old book. Nahmad and Haywood even mention this book in the introduction.

shazmaz

google copy of the book

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=D...age&q=&f=false

I also found here as a download

http://www.archive.org/details/arabi...rofw00hardiala

It is nice to see it in a clearer print