Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does Marital Rape Exist?

Salaam Alykum wrwb

A brother asked a very interesting question last night and i thought i would share.

'If a woman refuses her husband his right can he force himself upon her?'

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Can You Rape Your Own Wife?

His right bro? To force someone to have sex with them? In our religion you cant even force someone to convert, who then in the right mind would think it is ok to rape there wife?

I cant believe people ask such questions, btw this is not directed at you bro, im sure you asked out of sincerity to know. But ive met a few of these sick minded people who think it is ok, the ones who think “your rights” means you can abuse your wife.

It is a sick act, it can cause psychological and physical harm to the female, by doing such a thing one would have transgressed her rights.

(btw I bet someone will post a fatwa from you know where soon saying it is ok or there is no such thing) but anyway.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

You can rape your wife but you will be answerable to Allah SWT on the Day of Judgement. Also I imagine by raping her you will destroy your relationship making her fear you and not be able to trust you.

So to anyone who would ask such a question how could you even think that Islam could promote such things?
    Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

no he cant do that. if she keeps refusing for nothing n he goes to sleep annoyed the angels wil curse for that, right? if u even look at that hadith it wil show you, because you can understand in the wording that if she witheld his right in this then he wont get it, that shows that there is no forcing..
    even without that, if you just think to yourself, knowing morals and knowing the religion - do u think it wil b right to behave in such a way? obviously no, because rape is an opression. the relationship between husband & wife is supposed to be one of mercy, that works both ways. (she should not refuse his rights, and he should not force)
    for someone to ask that question it shows a misunderstanding about wat marriage should be like, and if he is not married then he dnt need to think about it & ask pointless questions.
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NeverGoodEnough View Post
    You can rape your wife but you will be answerable to Allah SWT on the Day of Judgement.
    what
    you could do all sorts of haram thing & oppression & yeh u wil be answerable for it on qiyamah it doesnt mean we should say 'you can' :s
    ~ Ibn Atallah

<button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Odan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When someone is not in the "mood" or has good reason to refuse, it can be damaging physically and mental to perform such acts.

Yes it is his right, but what about the hadith which says that the man who makes his wife happy will enter paradise (can't remember exact wording). So from this, if she refuses and he forces, will she be happy with him?

If she refuses for no good reason, then I think it is a different matter, but even then, I doubt you can force.
    Tajweed lessons: RSS Feed

O_o
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, completely out of the question.
    The bottom statement is true
    The top statement is false

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
    No, completely out of the question.
    I think his question isn't a personal one - but a legal one - does marriage imply absolute consent at all times.

I think in most legal systems it doesn't. Doesn't sound right to me either - why should marriage automatically mean consent.
    ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
    a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
    worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
    a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
    and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
    (Three Men in a Boat)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

omg , no ... that is totally wrong. rape is rape who ever it is ! aouthubillah ! it is haram, so to say you 'can do it but u'll be answerable on day of judgement is silly, we ask if things are permissable or not becaue we do not want to displease allah for when we are asked on the day of judgement, subhanallah...why would a brother even think that way. if a wife is refusing her husband, he should maybe speak to her about it...think about it , if we were in the time of the prophet if this brother went to him and asked 'can i rape my wife' what do u think his reply would be. it seems very silly to ask such a thing , astaghfirallah.
    Last edited by muslim_sis; 15-10-08 at 10:07 AM.
    Abu Huraira (ra) narrated that the messenger of Allah (saw) said 'Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales; and do not look at the faults of others, and do not indulge in spying on one another..do not be jealous of one another and do not hate one another, O Allah's worshippers! Be brothers' (Sahih Bukhari)

O_o
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, a man couldn't justify in court that just because his wife consents 23 out of 24 hours a day (extreme example!) he can chose to bypass her consent that off-limit hour and get away with it.
    The bottom statement is true
    The top statement is false

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .: Anna :. View Post
    what
    you could do all sorts of haram thing & oppression & yeh u wil be answerable for it on qiyamah it doesnt mean we should say 'you can' :s
    You "can" and you "may" is not the same thing. As in I can drink alcohol if I want (who will stop me?) but I may not.

Let's not have an argument over nothing please.
    Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Account Disabled
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abuislam View Post
    Salaam Alykum wrwb

A brother asked a very interesting question last night and i thought i would share.

I'm perhaps alone in finding mysterious Abuislam's use of "very interesting" in the question above.

In the world of normal, healthy, educated, garden-variety Muslim and non-Muslim adults, husband and wife don't force each other to do anything, much less engage in undesired sexual intimacy.

Even to consider otherwise is to confess to a breathtaking unfamiliarity not only with human physiology and sexual response, but with the trust and empathy that form the essential basis for the kind of marriage clearly advocated by Islam since its inception.

Why, for cryin' out loud, is this question "very interesting"?

Consider, please, what Islam teaches about the routine conduct and adab of the Prophet (pbuh).

Given what you know, is it in any way possible for you to imagine that the Prophet (pbuh) would have at any time, for any reason whatsoever, ever imposed his desires upon, for example, Khadijah or Aisha?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

You "can" and you "may" is not the same thing. As in I can drink alcohol if I want (who will stop me?) but I may not.

brother ur statement is wrong...if someone is asking islamically is it allowed for such and such , you dont answer saying 'u can do it but ull be questioned on judgement day' ... you answer on the basis of quran and hadith , what islam says about it.

If someone asks 'is it ok for me not to pray' , u dont answer saying 'u can miss ur prayers but ul have to answer on judgment day' , youd say something like 'it is compulsory for a mu'min to perform salah and the salah is what distinguishes the believer from the non believer' !!
    Abu Huraira (ra) narrated that the messenger of Allah (saw) said 'Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales; and do not look at the faults of others, and do not indulge in spying on one another..do not be jealous of one another and do not hate one another, O Allah's worshippers! Be brothers' (Sahih Bukhari)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Salaam Alykum wrwb

My understanding is that he can't . However if her refusal has no legitimate basis, and it angers her husband then she is answerable in the hearafter.

If it continues then most scholars say she should be divorced

http://www.islamic-sharia.org/marria...-rights-2.html

• Marriage in Islam is intended to protect the chastity of men and women alike, therefore it is the woman's duty to respond to her husband's requests for conjugal relations. She should not give silly excuses and try to avoid it.
    • The prophet said "if a man calls his wife to his bed, let her respond, even if she is riding her camel (i-e very busy)." Reported by Al-Bazzar
    • The prophet said "if a man calls his wife, then let her come, even if she is busy at the oven". Reported by Tirmidhi
    • Narrated by Jaabir the prophet said "if anyone of you is attracted to a woman, let him to go his wife and have intercourse with her, for that will calm him down" reported by Muslim
    • Narrated by Abdullah the prophet said, "there are three people whose prayers will not be accepted, neither their good works:
    • A disobedient slave until he returns to his masters and puts his hand in theirs
    • A woman whose husband is angry with her, until he is pleased with her again
    • And the drunkard until he becomes sober" reported by Ibn Hibban
    • The warning given to women whose husband is angry with her reaches such an extent that it would shake the conscience of every righteous wife who has faith in Allah and the last day. She is told that her prayer and good deeds will not be accepted, until her husband is pleased with her again.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Apart from the fact it seems to be wrong under Islam, in the UK it is illegal and the wife can report it to the police. The husband will be taken to court for rape. This has not always been the case in British law, it was introduced some years ago. I can't recall how long ago.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by muslim_sis View Post
    brother ur statement is wrong...if someone is asking islamically is it allowed for such and such , you dont answer saying 'u can do it but ull be questioned on judgement day' ... you answer on the basis of quran and hadith , what islam says about it.

If someone asks 'is it ok for me not to pray' , u dont answer saying 'u can miss ur prayers but ul have to answer on judgment day' , youd say something like 'it is compulsory for a mu'min to perform salah and the salah is what distinguishes the believer from the non believer' !!
    My statement was not wrong at all. I can commit sins as I please. If for example I wanted lie about something I could just open my mouth and do it.

Anyone with a decent grasp of the English language can see that I am saying three things with my initial post.

1) it is not permissable Islamically
    2) it will have a bad effect on the wife
    3) it will have a bad effect on the relationship also

Honestly I shouldn't be surprised at all the way the people of Ummah like to twist someone's words to make them look in the wrong they can be worse than Kuffar sometimes.

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Post Well.....

One needs to know the obligations and duties of marriage and simple common sense from both the perspective of the husband and also that of the wife to reach the answer for this question.

As the word 'can' implies permissibility as in: "Can I eat this turtle?" and one replies in the affirmitive of "Yes you can" thereby its actually understandable why the sister percieved that you were somehow making out the act was permissible via your post.

My statement was not wrong at all. I can commit sins as I please.
    No you cannot, if you claim to be a Muslim thereby being a slave of Allah (swt) you cannot sin as you please at all.
    Honestly I shouldn't be surprised at all the way the people of Ummah like to twist someone's words to make them look in the wrong they can be worse than Kuffar sometimes.
    Well one would be 'worse than kuffar' if we follow your logic of being able to sin as we please. Also none of the sisters who have replied to you are close to kufr let alone worse than the worst of the disbelievers- far from it alhamdulillah.

Maybe 'people of the Ummah' should word themselves better so as to avoid others percieving error in their post so as to be unable to 'twist someones words'.
    Last edited by Fudhayl; 15-10-08 at 10:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bushbaby View Post
    Apart from the fact it seems to be wrong under Islam, in the UK it is illegal and the wife can report it to the police. The husband will be taken to court for rape. This has not always been the case in British law, it was introduced some years ago. I can't recall how long ago.
    Good thing we don't follow crappy british law, where you can rape a baby and spend just a few years in prison, and get out early for good behaviour

or you can write a poem and if you are a muslim get arrested for it.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Some people here are pros at that, dw we "devaints" did understand what you said, sometimes the "poius angels" of this forum dont.
    Last edited by AslanShamil1915; 15-10-08 at 10:33 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: Well.....

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Hurairah View Post
    One needs to know the obligations and duties of marriage and simple common sense from both the perspective of the husband and also that of the wife to reach the answer for this question.

As the word 'can' implies permissibility as in: "Can I eat this turtle?" and one replies in the affirmitive of "Yes you can" thereby its actually understandable why the sister percieved that you were somehow making out the act was permissible via your post.

Let's not worry about what things imply rather what they actually mean.

"Can" refers to being able to as in the ability to do so. "May" refers to permissability as in "Am I allowed?". "Will" refers to personal inclinations as in (the future tense here) "Would I ever rape a woman?" In my case I would answer in the negative as in "No I would not."

Thank you.
    Last edited by NGE; 15-10-08 at 10:38 AM.

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

My statement was not wrong at all. I can commit sins as I please. If for example I wanted lie about something I could just open my mouth and do it.

Anyone with a decent grasp of the English language can see that I am saying three things with my initial post.

1) it is not permissable Islamically
    2) it will have a bad effect on the wife
    3) it will have a bad effect on the relationship also

we r worse than kuffar bc we didnt like the way u said 'u can' rape ur wife
    okayyy
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Salaam Alykum wrwb

i wouldnt call that "interesting" i would call that an evil thought and seek refuge in Allah from such evil thinking . if a mans wife doesnt want to sleep with him and is refusing to and rejecting his advances, then she is either ill, or doesnt like him much, and he can divorce her, or marry again, not force himself on her like some evil animal. la howla wala qawata illah billah since when have the muslim men had to force themselves on a woman! they have far more dighnity and honour than to even think that insha Allah. any man who does this to his wife, she will hate him with all her heart.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by saladin1970 View Post
    Good thing we don't follow crappy british law, where you can rape a baby and spend just a few years in prison, and get out early for good behaviour

or you can write a poem and if you are a muslim get arrested for it.
    That's not the subject of the thread

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AslanShamil1915 View Post
    Some people here are pros at that, dw we "devaints" did understand what you said, sometimes the "poius angels" of this forum dont.
    Brother I have seen so much of such behaviour offline in the real world where Muslims will be quick to jump at any perceived fault of another Muslims and then broadcast it to all and sundry. So I am not surprised that it would happen on a forum. Its more likely in fact due to the anonymous nature of the communication here.

Only Allah knows why these people do this to their fellows. Damage their image before others. May Allah forgive them and us. Ameen.

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)

Salaam Alykum wrwb

This is soooo wrong, but spousal rape is the most common rape.

But if your husband is very practising, fears Allah then he wouldnt do these things to you. Thats what I was told ne ways .
    And He found you lost and guided you,
    ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
    " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
    ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: Well.....

Also none of the sisters who have replied to you are close to kufr let alone worse than the worst of the disbelievers- far from it alhamdulillah.
    [/I]
    I have not referred to any sister in particular. Only Allah knows what is their hearts and the hearts of the brothers also.

Alhamdulillah there are many brother's and sister's on this site who are great examples to me and others. But there are also those who sign in to the forum and give their "lip service" and then go back to their lives of only Allah knows what. Again mentioning no names of course.

"Zendagi Migzara..."

In search .... of answers Treasured Soul's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I cant believe ppl are arguing over one english word when in fact the whole posts condenms such actions ...

Theres nothing wrong with NVG post ... husbands 'can' rape their wives (if they so wish too) ... who is stopping them? its called 'rape' for a reason, against the will of the wife ...

Whether its morally/ethically right is what we should be considered with .. an his post clearly states his thoughts.

so ppl can we stop picking on a 'wrong' choice of word, one word out of about 30ish? And look at the bigger and broader picture he is portraying.
    When you were born you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying...

Man's way leads to a hopeless end...Allah's way leads to an endless hope

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

we r worse than kuffar bc we didnt like the way u said 'u can' rape ur wife
    okayyy
    Salaam sister,

When you say "we"...

Well if you include yourself in that as one I think is worse than Kuffar then please do not as that is not my opinion of you however it sounded.

I would never call my fellow Muslim a kafir.

JZK.

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Treasured Soul View Post
    I cant believe ppl are arguing over one english word when in fact the whole posts condenms such actions ...

Theres nothing wrong with NVG post ... husbands 'can' rape their wives (if they so wish too) ... who is stopping them? its called 'rape' for a reason, against the will of the wife ...

Whether its morally/ethically right is what we should be considered with .. an his post clearly states his thoughts.

so ppl can we stop picking on a 'wrong' choice of word, one word out of about 30ish? And look at the bigger and broader picture he is portraying.

sis that is sooo true i fink u jus summed it up
    And He found you lost and guided you,
    ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
    " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
    ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

okay...
    lol just saw ur signature
    erm anyway, i do understand ur post what ur saying yeah, but i think its better not to say like "u can" altho u did not mean its permissable.
    if we want to forbid evil shudnt we do it in clear and definite terms, not to leave ne doubt whatsoever. anyway... nevermind, we all agree on the issue itself :\
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Post Again.....

So you're a deviant by your own admission? Thats good to note- I'll make reference of that for future use.

You being a deviant should note that its a deviant belief to think of us as Malaikah for we are not.
    Let's not worry about what things imply rather what they actually mean.

Thank you.
    Lets worry about what things mean indeed- 'can' has the meaning of permissibility, as described before "Can I eat this turtle?" and one replies in the affirmitive of "Yes you can".

No Thank You.
    I have not referred to any sister in particular. Only Allah knows what is their hearts and the hearts of the brothers also.
    I never said you did.
    Well if you include yourself in that as one I think is worse than Kuffar then please do not as that is not my opinion of you however it sounded.
    In the same way it sounded if as though you were stating the act was permissible.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

okay...
    erm anyway, i do understand ur post what ur saying yeah, but i think its better not to say like "u can" altho u did not mean its permissable.
    if we want to forbid evil shudnt we do it in clear and definite terms, not to leave ne doubt whatsoever. anyway... nevermind, we all agree on the issue itself :\
    OMG, he isnt leaving doubts, you know what he said, why you dragging it on.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Again.....

So you're a deviant by your own admission? Thats good to note- I'll make reference of that for future use.

You being a deviant should note that its a deviant belief to think of us as Malaikah for we are not.
    Oh look we got another one here, i tell you what, id be a bit more open with if i hadnt received an infraction last time for being "to open".

You know theres a two case scenario, either some of you really lack understanding and reason in English, and some sense of humour.

Or some of you really try to pick out the "wrongs" of others, there was nothing wrong with what NGE said, i presume you have enough English if you understand my sentence before, leaves us into question your sincerities and why you lot never try to think deeper about what another Muslim or person has said.

Before like he said, almost labelling them a bad Muslim or even kafir in some cases.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

okay...
    My dear sister I did say in that same sentence that "you will be answerable to Allah"!

Its Allah's judgement and the moral code he has set for us that matters not the ones of our own.

I am not here to listen to people's opinions of what's right and wrong only to learn more about Allah's commandments.

Its ok though sis. As you can tell my by my sig I have been on the receiving end of this sort of thing before and I have seen so many members incur the same treatment that's why I made that sig. lol

We should be the protector and helpers of each other as we are all part of the same Ummah Alhamdulillah!!!

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joha View Post
    I think his question isn't a personal one - but a legal one - does marriage imply absolute consent at all times.

I think in most legal systems it doesn't. Doesn't sound right to me either - why should marriage automatically mean consent.
    Yes, I thought it was a legal one also, because there have been cases where this has happened. And though it's not very interesting, as there is a simple unanimous decision prohibiting such evil actions, cases have still occurred and it makes one wonder just what others think. That is, even if the answers may be very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by muslim_sis View Post

I think you totally misunderstood what the NVG was saying. (Which I'm glad has been made apparent now).

Quote Originally Posted by saladin1970 View Post
    My understanding is that he can't . However if her refusal has no legitimate basis, and it angers her husband then she is answerable in the hearafter.

If it continues then most scholars say she should be divorced

http://www.islamic-sharia.org/marria...-rights-2.html

• Marriage in Islam is intended to protect the chastity of men and women alike, therefore it is the woman's duty to respond to her husband's requests for conjugal relations. She should not give silly excuses and try to avoid it.
    • The prophet said "if a man calls his wife to his bed, let her respond, even if she is riding her camel (i-e very busy)." Reported by Al-Bazzar
    • The prophet said "if a man calls his wife, then let her come, even if she is busy at the oven". Reported by Tirmidhi
    • Narrated by Jaabir the prophet said "if anyone of you is attracted to a woman, let him to go his wife and have intercourse with her, for that will calm him down" reported by Muslim
    • Narrated by Abdullah the prophet said, "there are three people whose prayers will not be accepted, neither their good works:
    • A disobedient slave until he returns to his masters and puts his hand in theirs
    • A woman whose husband is angry with her, until he is pleased with her again
    • And the drunkard until he becomes sober" reported by Ibn Hibban
    • The warning given to women whose husband is angry with her reaches such an extent that it would shake the conscience of every righteous wife who has faith in Allah and the last day. She is told that her prayer and good deeds will not be accepted, until her husband is pleased with her again.
    I think the thread starter should refer to this post for the Islamic perspective.

Considering this issue from a purely simple view, when someone loves you and you love them back, you don't do something to hurt them.
    Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
    O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Salaams,

You brothers and sisters are having a silly argument!

Reminder:

"I guarantee a house in Paradise for whoever leaves an argument, even if he was right, and a house in the middle of Paradise for whoever leaves lies, even if he was joking, and a house at the top of Paradise for whoever who has good manners." (Reported by Abu Dawood.)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: Again.....

Lets worry about what things mean indeed- 'can' has the meaning of permissibility, as described before "Can I eat this turtle?" and one replies in the affirmitive of "Yes you can".
    Brother your grasp of English is deficient.

In the same way it sounded if as though you were stating the act was permissible.
    Try reading to the end of the sentence next time before worrying about how something sounds.

May Allah forgive us. Ameen.

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

im not dragging it on i just closed it....
    all i am saying, is when u do amr bil ma3roof w nahy 3an il munkar, u have to be CLEAR as possible. not just him but anyone...
    when anyone asks a sheikh about an act which isnt permissable, they dont say "you can do it, but you will answer for it in qiyamah" you know because mankind is weak, and it is the nature of mankind also to look in the short term rather than the long term, thats why we commit sins anyway right.. its better to give a firm no. that's all... im not accusing the brother of anything :s
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Post Great.....

A self-confessed deviant posting about doubts. Makes sense.
    Oh look we got another one here, i tell you what, id be a bit more open with if i hadnt received an infraction last time for being "to open".
    So the deviants on Ummah.com are infracted for being 'too open'? Alhamdulillah thats good, the less deviancy the better.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Post Khair.....

Brother your grasp of English is deficient.
    Deficiently efficient without being deviant, thus sufficient.
    Try reading to the end of the sentence next time before worrying about how something sounds.

May Allah forgive us. Ameen.
    I have.

Ameen.