Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Tafseer Class, Tafseer Ibn Katheer, Saturday 6:30pm GMT (7:30pm BST/GMT+1) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Striving for Perfection Ibrahim70's Avatar

Any Big EID Events going on in London this year?

Asalaam Alikum

So Ive booked the day off work for Eid......................but as some of you may now I live in a house that is 33% Muslim and I make up ummmmmmmmmmmm 33% of that figure

Anyways.............I could ask some local Brothrs to give me a home for Edi () but i was thinking of travelling to the capital of Islam in the UK................London ..................and see what Eid events are on.

So over to you guys now I guess.

I know about the 1Eid event which looks amazing BUT I have no idea where it is being held.

Apart from the Eid Prayers at the two main Masjids (East London and Regents Park) are these Masjids got any other events planned?

“Allah does not place a burden upon a person except that which he is capable” (Al-Baqarah: 286)

Abumujahid7

Re: Any Big EID Events going on in London this year?

keep your eye out for 1eid.net.....they are probs gonna do summin

Quote Originally Posted by abumujahid7 View Post
    .........they are inshallah.

But where?
    “Allah does not place a burden upon a person except that which he is capable” (Al-Baqarah: 286)

there was a thread on here somewhere ( sorry my search doesnt work brings up irrellevant stuff) about some big fair was held in london last year looked great maybe someone has the link they might do the same this year insha Allah
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Quote Originally Posted by abumujahid7 View Post
    oh there u go thats the one amin
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

where in london do they do that 1 eid thing?
    its not like that eid in trafalgar sq thing is it?
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.

“People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

its in a park anna nice clips here masha Allah but they need some serious funds they only have a couple of grand according to the website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2ZKoaJaw0g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NW_lYCK8nM

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Counting down... EastLondon_Bro's Avatar

salaam,

i'd definitely recommend you to east-talk eid gathering on october the 4th. An event IA not to be missed. If ur interested i can give you more details.

The other one i can think of eid in the square???

Quote Originally Posted by `asiya View Post
    its in a park anna nice clips here masha Allah but they need some serious funds they only have a couple of grand according to the website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2ZKoaJaw0g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NW_lYCK8nM
    for videos
    i think its east london then? not totally sure
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.

“People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

The 1eid program is located in greenford (ravenor park) in west london. Im lucky i live there. Went to it last year but we decided to go home as the que was sooooo massive.

maybe it would be an idea to meet up with some brothers you know aswell? just incase you come to london and its not happening or by the time you get there its late/fully packed?

that way inshaAllaah you can still have a good eid

Quote Originally Posted by amaz View Post
    The 1eid program is located in greenford (ravenor park) in west london. Im lucky i live there. Went to it last year but we decided to go home as the que was sooooo massive.
    for the info!!

At last I know where it is

Quote Originally Posted by Hafsah View Post
    maybe it would be an idea to meet up with some brothers you know aswell? just incase you come to london and its not happening or by the time you get there its late/fully packed?

that way inshaAllaah you can still have a good eid
    True true

Check out www.islam-inside.co.uk/Events.htm Inshallah for Eid Events in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim70 View Post
    Asalaam Alikum

So Ive booked the day off work for Eid......................but as some of you may now I live in a house that is 33% Muslim and I make up ummmmmmmmmmmm 33% of that figure

Anyways.............I could ask some local Brothrs to give me a home for Edi () but i was thinking of travelling to the capital of Islam in the UK................London ..................and see what Eid events are on.

So over to you guys now I guess.

I know about the 1Eid event which looks amazing BUT I have no idea where it is being held.

Apart from the Eid Prayers at the two main Masjids (East London and Regents Park) are these Masjids got any other events planned?

Please Re-update your Signature