Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Mustalahul Hadeeth & Hanafi Fiqh Class with Abu Mus'ab Tuesday from 7:30PM GMT (8:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here. - And here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Moon sighting hadith question

Salaam ppl how are you?

ive been advised about a hadith that concerns moon sighting

The sahba travelled from mecca to madina, the could not see the moon in madina as it was cloudy and they had kept 28 or 29 fasts, when that sahbah arrived in medina he was listeing to the debate about the moon when he advised that he had seen it in makka our beloved prophet (pbuh) asked him to say "wala hi" that he saw it and eid was celebrated the next day i will get the hadith number its in shahi bukhari.

will this principal still apply to diffrent countries? e.g im in the U.K. do we need to see the moon here or is seeing the moon in any part of the world good.

Re: Moon sighting hadith question

Quote Originally Posted by kasper View Post
    Salaam ppl how are you?

ive been advised about a hadith that concerns moon sighting

The sahba travelled from mecca to madina, the could not see the moon in madina as it was cloudy and they had kept 28 or 29 fasts, when that sahbah arrived in medina he was listeing to the debate about the moon when he advised that he had seen it in makka our beloved prophet (pbuh) asked him to say "wala hi" that he saw it and eid was celebrated the next day i will get the hadith number its in shahi bukhari.

will this principal still apply to diffrent countries? e.g im in the U.K. do we need to see the moon here or is seeing the moon in any part of the world good.

You will need to follow local moon sighting which Wifaqul Ulama will conduct tomorrow.

http://www.wifaqululama.co.uk/home.html

Thanks for ur reply,

but you did not answer or advise on the question,

regarding that haidth would it not be correct to keep the fasts when another muslim has seen the moon and swears on it where ever they are in the world?

or do we have to sight it in each country to keep the fasts in that land?

Thanks for ur reply,

but you did not answer or advise on the question,

regarding that haidth would it not be correct to keep the fasts when another muslim has seen the moon and swears on it where ever they are in the world?

or do we have to sight it in each country to keep the fasts in that land?
    According to Hanafi fiqh, you need a jamah (group of people) to witness the moon sighting. And an individual or a few is not acceptable. Anyway the main point is that we should try our best to look for the moon ourselves, just as Wifaqul Ulama are doing tomorrow. You may also join there group if you are keen on doing so. if it is not possible to sight the moon in the UK then we should follow the sighting from the nearest country to the east which is Morocco.

1st question no

2nd yes.

and thirdly don't look at whats convenient for you but whats truthful

Quote Originally Posted by mrumi786 View Post
    According to Hanafi fiqh, you need a jamah (group of people) to witness the moon sighting. And an individual or a few is not acceptable. Anyway the main point is that we should try our best to look for the moon ourselves, just as Wifaqul Ulama are doing tomorrow. You may also join there group if you are keen on doing so. if it is not possible to sight the moon in the UK then we should follow the sighting from the nearest country to the east which is Morocco.

1st question no

2nd yes.

and thirdly don't look at whats convenient for you but whats truthful

Thank you for your answer.

oh ok so the hadith i stated which school would accept that then? (not haveing a go at you).

also where did you get the stament look at the nearest muslim country e.g morocco? is this stated any were e.g. in quraan or hadith or traditions of the sahabah, tabieen or tabatbiee.

do not think i am haveing a go at you, i follow hanafi fiqh my self but i can not ask these questions at the mosque i go to, as the imaam wonders of topic lol.

if i were looking for something that was convenient for me i would not be on here seeking advice on the matter.

oh ok so the hadith i stated which school would accept that then? (not haveing a go at you).

also where did you get the stament look at the nearest muslim country e.g morocco? is this stated any were e.g. in quraan or hadith or traditions of the sahabah, tabieen or tabatbiee.

do not think i am haveing a go at you, i follow hanafi fiqh my self but i can not ask these questions at the mosque i go to, as the imaam wonders of topic lol.

if i were looking for something that was convenient for me i would not be on here seeking advice on the matter.

If the moon was not sighted locally, then we will contact the countries to the east of UK.,where there is a criteria in place for correct sighting, and there is a possibility of sighting there (imkan e Ruyat), and further, there is no doubt or suspicion on the news of their moon sighting declaration, rather one is totally satisfied with the declaration, then we will accept the moon sighting declaration of that country.

The criteria of moon sighting in South Africa is in accordance to correct shar'ee principles. The committee is local Hanafi scholars undertake the task of sighting with great care and responsibility, only after much investigation and verification needed by our sharia, do they decide and declare the sighting of the moon.

This country falls to the east of the UK, and the difference as timing is concerned is only one hour. Is the decision of the sighting of South Africa acceptable for the people of UK?

I would like to inform you brother that the teacher of Hadith of Darul Uloom, Deoband, Mufti Palanpuri has endorsed the correctness of our following of South Africa by saying ' that the reliable sighting of South Africa is more acceptable for the people of UK, than Morocco as there are Ulama of our creed who are residing there in accordance to Shariah law.

Thank you for your reply,

so which ppl follow the sightings of morocco? the mosque i go to are brelvi's they say the nearest country the should follow for sightings is Morroco.

Thank you for your reply,

so which ppl follow the sightings of morocco? the mosque i go to are brelvi's they say the nearest country the should follow for sightings is Morroco.
    Salam

Are you from London? there are a few deobandi mosque following the Wifaqul Ulama criteria.

Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Mauritius, Kenya, South Africa, Somalia, Oman, Jordan, Iran, Malaysia and Bangladesh will sight the new moon on Sunday.

This means Ramadan will either fall Monday or Tuesday.

Indonesia's Nahdlatul Ulama, the country's largest Muslim group, will sight the Ramadan moon on Sunday.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...News/NWELayout

Just wait for the announcement by http://www.masjideumer.org.uk/

Thanks for your reply, im from Huddersfield in west yorkshire.

Can you check your pms please.

Saulihah

According to hanafis,malikis and hanbalis the sighting of one country is valid for another provided that the news reaches that country reliably(tariq mujib) The sighting of the east is valid for the west and vice versa as long as it is reliably confirmed, distance and direction are of no consequence in this matter.This applies to the eid moon as well. however, rumours, radio anouncements,telephone mesages are not regarded as a reliable source. regarding the confirmation on the sighting of the moon.

According to the shafie school of thought the sighting of one region is not valid for all countries even if it is transmitted reliably. Regarding the radius the shafie scholars have stated it to be 78km or 48 miles.

If you fall under the hanafi maliki or hanbali school of thought than ramadhaan commences on monday the first of september.