Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Fiqh Class: I`laa Us Sunan, Starting (TONIGHT) Tuesday 19th September @ 8:00PM UK Time (9:00PM South African Time) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How far will does hatred go with the Yahood?

My stepdad wouldn't let me watch my favorite movie, The Pianist, becasue he said it is about the holocaust and we shouldnt feel bad for the Yahood. I explained to him that it didnt change my perception about the Jews its just entertainment and historical even. What do you all think?
    Allah the Almighty has laid down religious duties, so do not neglect them. He has set boundaries, so do not over step them. He has prohibited some things, so do not violate them; about some things He was silent-out of compassion for you, not forgetfulness, so seek not after them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: How far will does hatred go with the Yahood?

What does this have to do with the Ummah?

Shouldn't this thread be called "How far does my dads hatred go with the yahood?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by usman3 View Post

Shouldn't this thread be called "How far does my dads hatred go with the yahood?"
    Because I want to know if some muslims think the same way he does. Thats why.
    Allah the Almighty has laid down religious duties, so do not neglect them. He has set boundaries, so do not over step them. He has prohibited some things, so do not violate them; about some things He was silent-out of compassion for you, not forgetfulness, so seek not after them

Dies for Islam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well ask him if he likes fiction?

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Islamiyyah View Post
    read through a few dozen threads about Jews on here and you will find your answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The movie is not that good.
    ربِ إشرح لي صدري ويسر لي أمري

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

never saw it, of course i could say that about a million other movies. Other than The Lord Of the Rings, i have not seen much in the last 20 years

Odan
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    608 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Islamiyyah View Post
    If there is one, then there are bound to be more, that also hold such a view. Its quite sad really.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I haven't seen it but IMHO it is wrong for your dad to ban this because it's about a jew. If he has no Islamic reason for forbidding you from watching this then he needs to re examine himself
    I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I?

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1695 Post(s)

obey your father, unless he tells you something unislamic

you watching any movie has little islamic value, if any, thus he is well within his rights to forbid you from watching almost any movie

as far as his concern about being influenced to love the yahood, heis correct there also, because he understands the powerful influence that movies play on our minds (years ago, sodomites were despised, now since the media has painted them in a better light, they are accepted)

same goes for the pity for the yahood, they make many of these films to rehash the sympathy for the holocaust, and it works, because the american public always feels sorry for the poor poor jews
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMubarak View Post

you watching any movie has little islamic value, if any, thus he is well within his rights to forbid you from watching almost any movie

as far as his concern about being influenced to love the yahood, heis correct there also, because he understands the powerful influence that movies play on our minds (years ago, sodomites were despised, now since the media has painted them in a better light, they are accepted)

same goes for the pity for the yahood, they make many of these films to rehash the sympathy for the holocaust, and it works, because the american public always feels sorry for the poor poor jews
    Exellent points akhi. Jazaakullah
    The Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) warned: "Whoever innovates or accommodates an innovator then upon him is the curse of Allaah, His Angels and the whole of mankind." Bukhaaree and Muslim

Shaheed - Witness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Stop watching TV and read more Quraan, learn the deen and practise upon what you learn there after give Dawah and call towards Islam - I assure you, you wont have time left in a day to watch TV!

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1695 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by usman3 View Post

another example of one who has been suckered into thinking anything that disagrees with jews makes them the victim

i guess the fact that the jews kill muslims and steal their land has no influence on anyone muslims hatred of jews, now does it?

its all about muslims being anti semitic..........imagine that one? an arab or a black being anti semitic..............its impossible
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Aslamolaikom

I am muslim Alhadoliallah!

I do not hate jewish people, I believe their religon is wrong but I don't have anything against them! However as muslims we must help these iggnorant people (jews) to find the the true religon, that we call Islam! We should not hate them but guide them! We should not beat them but help them on the right path!

May Allah help the jews become Muslims and may Allah help us all become better muslims

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

very good post abu mubarak, way to show that jews and sodomites are on the same level.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by i kamado View Post
    very good post abu mubarak, way to show that jews and sodomites are on the same level.
    no it shows that certain groups of people who were once rejected and despised , are now accepted.

a little history lesson for u

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...06-482185.html
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If Songbird wasn't banned, I'd suggest you ask her.
    She has a way with words...
    "I shall be telling this with a sigh. Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less travelled by, And that has made all the difference."
    ~ Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1695 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by `asiya View Post
    In the Middle Ages, lending money with interest - usury - was considered a sin and forbidden to Christians. But medieval monarchs found it useful that Jews were allowed to engage in the practice. The outsiders financed royal consumption, adventures and wars - and made themselves rich in the process.
    its funny how far the christians have traveled from their roots

and funnier how jews are still running from theirs

both were forbidden usury, obviously, the jews cared not into the middle ages

and this is what these people call reform and this is what they invite the muslims to do, reform our deen
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1695 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by i kamado View Post
    it was illustrating the persuasive powers of television

but sodomites are allowed to parade thru tel aviv

its called progress
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

no it shows that certain groups of people who were once rejected and despised , are now accepted.

a little history lesson for u

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...06-482185.html
    So... not persecuting the Jews is an example of the decline of western civilisation?
    "I shall be telling this with a sigh. Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less travelled by, And that has made all the difference."

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruprecht View Post
    So... not persecuting the Jews is an example of the decline of western civilisation?
    eh ? u people are soooo good at twisting things.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1695 Post(s)

rup, should call you the twister

but you know thats not whats being said

our best of worlds would be for all of you to live under sharia

but we have to establish it first, but we have to get up off our butts and do it

so be patient, its just around the corner
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1695 Post(s)

i am surprised you missed the part about usury being forbidden amongst the christians

today, they submerge themselves in it

of course, its not at the behest of the jews
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No... I wasn't suggesting that's what you meant.
    Just pointing out that it's strange to compare what I would consider a positive example, the decline of Jewish persecution, with Abumubarak's example of the negative influence of the media... the pro homosexual attitude and agenda.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1695 Post(s)

it wasnt the persecution of the jews, rup, i do not believe jews ever deserved persecution.......in that sense, but Allah saw it differently

however, my point was the influence of the media, this sisters father knows exactly the media can influence the mind

i used the sodomite example as just that, another example

though jews seem quite at home with gay parades thru their religious cul de sac
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

It is so easy to get brainwashed by watching movies made by child abusing swine (referring to Roman Polanski) , we are almost drenched with films about the holocaust and the victimisation of the Jews to constantly win out sympathy and then to justify there occupation of Palestine! And in American war films the enemy always has brown skin! This is damaging and debunking our perception of the truth!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i am surprised you missed the part about usury being forbidden amongst the christians

today, they submerge themselves in it

of course, its not at the behest of the jews
    Usury, in terms of the prohibition of loans, was officially introduced by the council of Nicea in regards to priests, and spread to the laiety later.
    That doesn't quite fit with your concept of a gradual straying from the original revealed "truth".
    Your definition of usury wasn't used by the Jews, and I believe the interpretation and understanding of "usury" was closer to "financial exploitation". Particularly of the poor by the rich.
    That said, it's true that this is widespread in banking and business these days, including amongst those who call themselves Christians.

Personally I don't take loans, nor give them, but moreso I'm against the exploitation of the poor by the rich.
    Last edited by Ruprecht; 28-07-08 at 02:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

it wasnt the persecution of the jews, rup, i do not believe jews ever deserved persecution.......in that sense, but Allah saw it differently

however, my point was the influence of the media, this sisters father knows exactly the media can influence the mind

i used the sodomite example as just that, another example

though jews seem quite at home with gay parades thru their religious cul de sac
    Sure. I agree about the influence of the media.
    ...but refusing to watch a historical drama, simply because it's a "positive" story about a Jew and might elicit feelings of sympathy towards Jews...
    Well... that's not just "disagreeing" with Jews, is it?

Edit: by the way, I haven't seen the film, but my understanding is that it was quite unbiased in it's representation of the Jewish community involved. For instance it didn't gloss over the issue of Jewish collaborators...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

rup, should call you the twister
    Hah! That's funny.
    I think that's the first time I've been accused of being too indirect.
    Usually people complain that I'm a bit blunt... tactless even.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1695 Post(s)

Sure. I agree about the influence of the media.
    ...but refusing to watch a historical drama, simply because it's a "positive" story about a Jew and might elicit feelings of sympathy towards Jews...
    Well... that's not just "disagreeing" with Jews, is it?

Edit: by the way, I haven't seen the film, but my understanding is that it was quite unbiased in it's representation of the Jewish community involved. For instance it didn't gloss over the issue of Jewish collaborators...
    i am not saying i agree with the fathers position, this is not about me agreeing with him

its about his daughter and the level of obedience she is required to have with her parents

i can understand what he said, without necessarily agreeing with it

personally, i have had my share of holocaust movies, and its a shame what happened to them

but their behavior today pales in comparison, so they lost my sympathies
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i am not saying i agree with the fathers position, this is not about me agreeing with him

its about his daughter and the level of obedience she is required to have with her parents

i can understand what he said, without necessarily agreeing with it

personally, i have had my share of holocaust movies, and its a shame what happened to them

but their behavior today pales in comparison, so they lost my sympathies
    Well... I didn't see it as a question of obedience.
    I'm assuming she isn't asking for permission to disobey her father, merely in order to watch a movie.
    ... but obedience doesn't preclude being critical of his attitude.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i can't see how you can even say that. Rup has been one of the most honest, even keeled posters ever on here.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1695 Post(s)

from someone with a whole 14 posts, thats quite a conclusion
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

from someone with a whole 14 posts, thats quite a conclusion
    i have lurked for a while.

btw, do you disagree with me? or am i way off base. I know i have not seen a whole lot of posts of his, but he seems like a very fair minded individual.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1695 Post(s)

he is a certifiable lunatic, i warn you to stay away from him
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

he is a certifiable lunatic, i warn you to stay away from him
    Aww shucks you guys... I don't know what to say.