Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Where is Firaun?

Salams all, not sure if this in right place...

in the quran it talks about firaun who was bad and he was killed by Allah SWT. he is supposed to be on display in a museum i think, for all the world to see as stated in the quran. which pharoah was he? which museum is he in? ppl talk about this all the time and say hes in egypt but where?

jazkallahkhair

Support our troops. Abd ul-Muntaqim's Avatar

Re: Where is Firaun?

Hellfire I think, but Allah(swt) knows best.
    First they came for the 'Terrorists', and I did not speak out.
    Then they came for the fundraisers, and I did not speak out.
    Next they came for the ulama, and I did not speak out.
    And then they came for me.

he is in or around around egypt. As Allah promised He would keep Firaun's body so the mankind would take a lesson or two from it
    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

1 purpose, 1 path, 1 goal Jilbabi's Avatar

yh i would also be interested to know inshaAllah

i was talking about this with my father the other day...something about his body still on show ...

is his body still together together ..? or not
    "Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Gracious. Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything" ..Surah Mulk..

Quote Originally Posted by Jilbabi View Post
    yh i would also be interested to know inshaAllah

i was talking about this with my father the other day...something about his body still on show ...

is his body still together together ..? or not
    they have powdered his body so it doesnt rot. its true he is still in egypt. however i have only seen one pic of him which is not clear. you must be not allowed to take pics there

1 purpose, 1 path, 1 goal Jilbabi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kasim2k7 View Post
    they have powdered his body so it doesnt rot. its true he is still in egypt. however i have only seen one pic of him which is not clear. you must be not allowed to take pics there
    jazakhallah khair

serves him right...Allah is the most truthful
    "Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Gracious. Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything" ..Surah Mulk..

from what i understood of that verse where Allah swt said he would keep Firawn's body in one piece, so everyone could see him and take a lesson, was that when he was drowned, allah swt let his body float up to the top (instead of being eaten or ripped to pieces by animals of the sea) of the ocean so the children of israel could see for themselves that this powerful ruler was well and truly dead, because they kept saying to Musa AS that they didnt believe firawn had drowned, so allah swt made his body float up to the top in full view of them all?

I read this only the other day in Stories of the Prophets by Ibn Kathir?
    For The Non-Muslims:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlMBkJme8J4The ProphetSAW sed, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim.Islam- Why Pay For The Disease,When The Cure Is Free

If you go to the Museum of ancient antiquities in Cairo, The Curators say that The Pharoe Of Hazrat Musa Is Ramses II. I have seen the mummy its on display. Allah knows Best

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by *Just Me* View Post
    Salams all, not sure if this in right place...

in the quran it talks about firaun who was bad and he was killed by Allah SWT. he is supposed to be on display in a museum i think, for all the world to see as stated in the quran. which pharoah was he? which museum is he in? ppl talk about this all the time and say hes in egypt but where?

jazkallahkhair
    his bodies in Cairo Museum. was strange, how his body as still in reasonable condition, i saw that his teeth, finger tips were all intact and so clear, his flesh was reddish and his adams apple can be seen pointing out

"This day shall We save thee in the body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee! but verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Signs!"

surah Yunus 010.092
    Last edited by tayfah-mansurah; 22-07-08 at 11:34 PM.

Strict2TheSunna
    Guests

salaamualaikum,
    I''ve asked, and The verse doesn't mean that he is on display in a museum till the end of time. He was brought back to the shore for bani israel to see as an ayah. like mg said.

Quote Originally Posted by Strict2TheSunna View Post
    salaamualaikum,
    I''ve asked, and The verse doesn't mean that he is on display in a museum till the end of time. He was brought back to the shore for bani israel to see as an ayah. like mg said.
    But it could mean something else too as the Quran's Ayahs does not have only one meaning. The higher level people adopt the higher meanings if you know what i mean

Arrow Re: Where is Firaun?

Here's the story of France with Pharaoh Ramesses When Francisco Mitra became the president of France in 1981 France requested from the Egyptian government to host the mummy of Pharaoh.

For the purpose of running laboratory and archeological examinations on the mummy of the most notorious dictator ever lived on earth Upon arrival, a very royal attendants were there including the French president himself and all ministers who bowed in honor for the mummy When the ceremony ended, the mummy was carried to a specially-designed section at the Archeology Centre of France, where it started to be tested by the greatest French archeological and anatomical scientists in order to discover more about such a great mummy.

The scientists were headed by Professor Maurice Bucaille Scientists were trying to restore the mummy while Professor Maurice was mainly concerned with how did this mummy die!

The final report of the scientists was released late at night which states that the remaining salt in the mummy is an overt evidence that it was drawn in the sea, and the body was rescued very shortly where it was immediately embalmed to be saved.

An amazing thing was still confusing Professor Maurice is that how could this body possibly be safer than any other mummy despite being taken out of the sea up until this time Professor Maurice was writing his final report on what he thought would be a new discovery about saving Pharaoh's body immediately after his death and embalming it And there, someone whispered to him that Muslims claim to know something about the drowning of this mummy Yet the Professor firmly denied such thing saying that it's impossible to discover this without the development of science and without using his high-tech and complicated laboratories and computers.

To his surprise, he was told that Muslims believe in a book called "Quran" and this Quran narrates the story of Pharaoh's drowning and ensures the safety of his body after his death as to be a Sign to mankind.

The Professor couldn't believe his own ears and started to wonder:How can a book existed 1400 years ago speak about the mummy that was only found 200 years ago, in 1898??!! How can that be possible while the ancient Egyptian heritage was discovered only a few decades ago and no one knew about it before??!!

The Professor sat down pondering on what he was told about the book of Muslims while his Holy Book narrates only the drowning of Pharaoh without saying anything about his body

"Is it possible that this mummy in front of me is the one who was chasing Moses??!!"

"Is it possible that Muhammad knew this 1400 years ago??!!"

The Professor couldn't sleep that night till they brought him the Old Testament where he read: "the sea drowned Pharaoh and his army, no one else was left alive" He was surprised that the Holy Book didn't mention about the destiny of the body and that it will be saved When the scientists were done with the mummy, France retuned it to Egypt, but Professor Maurice couldn't rest for a moment since he was told that Muslims know about the safety of the body. So, he decided to travel and meet anatomy Muslim scientists and there he spoke about his discovery of the safety of the mummy after its death in the sea and so on.

One of the Muslim scientists stood up and simply opened the Quran and pointed to the Professor at one verse:
    "This day shall be save you in your body, that you may be a Sign to those who come after you! But verily, many among mankind are neglectful of Our Signs" (Quran 10:92)

The Professor was struck when he read that and immediately stood in front of the crowd and said loudly: "I believe in Islam, I believe in Quran"

Then he went back to France with a different face he traveled with.
    In France, he dedicated 10 years investigating the scientific discoveries and comparing them with the Quran and trying to come up with one scientific contradiction with the Quran. Finally he quoted one verse from the Quran to be his conclusion:

"No falsehood can approach it (this book) from before or behind it: it is sent down by One Full of Wisdom, Worthy of all praise"
    (Quran 41:42)

As a result of all years of his research, Professor Maurice wrote a book that shook all Europe, especially the scientists there
    "Quran, Torah, Bible and Science:

A Study of the Holy Books in the Light of Modern Science"All copies were sold out at a very short time. I personally visited the Cairo Museum where the mummy is preserved and there you get astonished at the scenery of thousands of people from all over the world visiting the place everyday , unfortunately, many of the tourists there would think: "Woow, look at that! Amazing!!

So nice to see people of all times!! Without realizing the intended lesson that Allah has kept this body a Sign to all mankind of anyone who denies Allah and His messengers.

The Quran, true to its word...sum 2700 years after Fairun (lanathullah) was destroyed by Allah (azza wa jal)....here are the pictures of the body of Fairun as a sign for us:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_pSowxwbO19g/...0/untitled.bmp
    http://www.fropper.com/z/blogs/view-...-blog-7335.jpg
    http://www.wtcm2.com:8080/wtci/news/Dscn4663.jpg
    http://www.aegypten-fotos.de/luxor/ramses_8.jpg
    Last edited by usman3; 23-07-08 at 11:41 AM.

Jazkallahkhairon for all of the replies. i have never read that the meaning of the verse is that his body floated onto the surface of the sea for bani Israel to see...I thought it was as one of the above posters said, he has been preserved for ALL future mankind to see how evil he was 9as stated in Quran)and Allahs SWT's punishment of him. whoever said they had seen him- was he preserved in sand? i heard he is and looks terrified...

thank you to all who posted answers.

Quote Originally Posted by *Just Me* View Post
    Jazkallahkhairon for all of the replies. i have never read that the meaning of the verse is that his body floated onto the surface of the sea for bani Israel to see...I thought it was as one of the above posters said, he has been preserved for ALL future mankind to see how evil he was 9as stated in Quran)and Allahs SWT's punishment of him. whoever said they had seen him- was he preserved in sand? i heard he is and looks terrified...

thank you to all who posted answers.
    As someone said above, a Quranic ayah can have more than one meaning in the sense that for the Bani Israel it was a sign in that the most powerful man in the world, the tyrant of tyrants, was brought low and utterly destroyed before their very eyes - I am sure many of us today would appreciate the destruction of today's tyrants like Bush, yet in the story of Pharoah is a lesson that all tyrants (including Bush) would ultimately go the same way as Pharoah did whether we see it in this life or the next, their end is the same.

Simulatanously we (Ummah of today) did not see the destruction of Fairun, but Allah has preserved him, so that we can see his corpse, and it should serve as a sign to us - that the Punishment of Allah (azza wa jal) is always close at hand for the disbelievers.

I mean just look at modern times, was it a coincidence that the largest army in the world - the Soviet Union - was destroyed with the help of Allah, at the hands of the Mujahideen? or even more recently is it a coincidence that the once proud and sin-filled city of New Orleans was utterly destroyed, just weeks before the annual gay festival? The obliteration of that city is a sign for our generation - that the Sunnah of Allah (swt) does not change.