Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Mustalahul Hadeeth & Hanafi Fiqh Class with Abu Mus'ab Tuesday from 7:30PM GMT (8:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here. - And here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

HELP!! My "caps lock" is stuck on!!

Well, the title says it all, really. Whenever i type normally it comes out in capitals, like this - THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING!!

When I want to type in lower case, I have to hold down the "shift" key, like I'm doing now!! I can't see anything the matter with the "caps lock" key - it's not stuck down or anything obvious. Someone suggested removing the key as there may be a problem with the spring, but I'm not very technical minded, so I will probably make it worse

Subhan'Allah no matter what I try, it doesn't work.

Any suggestions insha'Allah? Or should I take it to be repaired?

in advance

IAMnotLEGEND.

Re: HELP!! My "caps lock" is stuck on!!

below the caps lock button, their will be a button with the arrow point 'up'. press that, that should remove the caps.

if not, what os you using.
    'Seeking the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.'
    (This slogan is copyright to 247 Products UK).

Bulbule si Zindagani Love&Peace's Avatar

If you have Windows XP, go to Start, Programs, Accessories, Accessibility, On-Screen Keyboard. Click on the Caps Lock key on that and it will turn it off.

Put something underneath the kye and pull the key, then you can see what is wrong with your key-board. It is not much techy, my colleague's toddler has removed few keys from her keyboard.

Hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH
    below the caps lock button, their will be a button with the arrow point 'up'. press that, that should remove the caps.

if not, what os you using.
    No, that didn't work, I'm afraid. It only works if i keep it pressed down because that's what I've been doing, but it's a real pain. I really need to turn off the "caps lock" somehow.

I'm using Windows Vista, by the way.

for trying to help, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Love&Peace View Post
    If you have Windows XP, go to Start, Programs, Accessories, Accessibility, On-Screen Keyboard. Click on the Caps Lock key on that and it will turn it off.

Put something underneath the kye and pull the key, then you can see what is wrong with your key-board. It is not much techy, my colleague's toddler has removed few keys from her keyboard.

Hope it helps
    I got as far as "Accessories", but there was no choice for "Accessibility" or "On-Screen Keyboard".

I may have to try removing the key soon, if there isn't a simple solution!!

Never mind, thanks very much for trying, I really appreciate it!!

If it is there on XP, it will be on Vista.... Let me google and will get back to you

Edit: http://grok.lsu.edu/Article.aspx?articleId=2924
    This link gives a pictorial description of how to access On-Screen keyboard on Vista
    Last edited by Love&Peace; 05-05-08 at 08:24 AM.

Hope it helps
    Well, I removed the key and pressed the "rubbery knob-type thingy" (technical term!), but it didn't make any difference.

Off to the repair shop, me thinks

Thanks again, Love&Peace!

Once check the link I have sent in previous post ....May help u beofre going to shop

otherwise lets put a dynamite under ur keyboard

Hope it helps
    Success!!!

I found "on-screen keyboard" under "ease of access" after "Accessories"!!

WooHoo!!!

Many thanks again, Love&Peace, major reps coming your way tomorrow...I've run out for today

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Farooq View Post
    Success!!!

I found "on-screen keyboard" under "ease of access" after "Accessories"!!

WooHoo!!!

Many thanks again, Love&Peace, major reps coming your way tomorrow...I've run out for today
    Good, it worked for you
    After solving ur puzzles, I try thinking laterally

Good, it worked for you
    After solving ur puzzles, I try thinking laterally
    Kudos on your lateral thinking, problem solving and all-round Google consultation!!

Seriously though, many thanks for all your help, I owe you one. Typing was becoming a real chore holding down the "shift" key all the time.

Kudos on your lateral thinking, problem solving and all-round Google consultation!!

Seriously though, many thanks for all your help, I owe you one. Typing was becoming a real chore holding down the "shift" key all the time.

ohhh i sooo happy for u.
    "For those who realise that everything is from Allah, everything is the same."
    ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Well, the title says it all, really. Whenever i type normally it comes out in capitals, like this - THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING!!

When I want to type in lower case, I have to hold down the "shift" key, like I'm doing now!! I can't see anything the matter with the "caps lock" key - it's not stuck down or anything obvious. Someone suggested removing the key as there may be a problem with the spring, but I'm not very technical minded, so I will probably make it worse

Subhan'Allah no matter what I try, it doesn't work.

Any suggestions insha'Allah? Or should I take it to be repaired?

in advance

bro a new keyboard is only about 12 theyre going to charge double that per hour to fix it. did u try system restore ? just put ur comp back to the day when it was working fine insha Allah might not be the key itself but the comp settings or something
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Quote Originally Posted by `asiya View Post
    bro a new keyboard is only about 12 theyre going to charge double that per hour to fix it. did u try system restore ? just put ur comp back to the day when it was working fine insha Allah might not be the key itself but the comp settings or something

asiya ukhti, i fink the problem is fixed already.
    ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by ajnabee View Post
    asiya ukhti, i fink the problem is fixed already.
    ah ok i thought he said hes using an "on screen" keyboard now :S
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

ah ok i thought he said hes using an "on screen" keyboard now :S
    I think he is using normal keyboard, he used on-screen keyboard once just for turning off Caps lock. It is so annoying to use on-screen keyboard continuously.

I think he is using normal keyboard, he used on-screen keyboard once just for turning off Caps lock. It is so annoying to use on-screen keyboard continuously.
    lol ah ok alhamdulillah thanks. thats what i was thinking, that it would be really annoying to use it all the time

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Masha'ALLAH indeed its delightful news the problem was swiftly sorted out. I look forward to seeing more posts from you now Insha'ALLAH. ALLAH Hafiz...

Lightbulb Re: HELP!! My "caps lock" is stuck on!!

Quote Originally Posted by DALEHYR View Post
    Masha'ALLAH indeed its delightful news the problem was swiftly sorted out. I look forward to seeing more posts from you now Insha'ALLAH. ALLAH Hafiz...
    After reading some of my horrendous attempts at humour, you may wish my keyboard was still broken.

@'Asiya - yeah, it's all fixed again now, thanks to Love&Peace. for your help as well though ukhti masha'Allah, much appreciated, as always.

Gone...

So erm can someone help me with my sound problem?

No smart comments Uncle-ji
    Gone...

Quote Originally Posted by souljaa View Post
    So erm can someone help me with my sound problem?

No smart comments Uncle-ji
    are they plugged in?
    ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Gone...

It's a laptop so it's already built in
    Gone...

r u unable to hear the sound? What if you connect headphones?
    Which laptop and OS do you have?
    You might have drivers and utilities CD for ur OS.

Gone...

r u unable to hear the sound? What if you connect headphones?
    Which laptop and OS do you have?
    You might have drivers and utilities CD for ur OS.
    I can't hear anything even if i connect the earphones...The speakers and everything is working properly,so it says anyway.

I have a Acer Aspire 7720Z and it's got Vista.

I didn't get a CD with it :S
    Gone...

I can't hear anything even if i connect the earphones...The speakers and everything is working properly,so it says anyway.

is it on mute?
    ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by ajnabee View Post
    is it on mute?
    I was going to say the exact same thing!

But, it could be a problem with your drivers.

that happened to my sons laptop i`ll ask him how he fixed it when he gets in ( can u not just set ur computer back to before the problem arose with the system restore thing ? )

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Gone...

that happened to my sons laptop i`ll ask him how he fixed it when he gets in ( can u not just set ur computer back to before the problem arose with the system restore thing ? )
    I feel like a blond now ...That completely slipped my mind... sis
    Gone...

Gone...

It WORKS!

sis 'asiya...The System Restore fixed it
    Gone...

Allahu akbar!! Alhamdulillah wa iyakka akhi amin alhamdulillah

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah: