Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirpuris

Icon9 Mirpuris

So you know how folk always say mps are the lowest of the low well its not true, i think most of us are becoming more progressive aggressive rather than regressive aggressive.

BUT i dont see many practicing mirpuri folk, most live in the ghetto and those who have managed to emerge from the quaqmire are just in denial about being MPS. sup with that. Where they all at? ai vae

MP love please
    Sayyiduna Umar (Allah be pleased with him) said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) say, “If you relied on Allah as He should be relied on, He would provide for you as He provides for birds.
    They go out hungry in the early morning, and return full in the evening." [Tirmidhi]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Do not try to run away from trials and tribulations, but endure them with patience. They cannot be avoided, and there is nothing for it but to endure them with patience. How can you expect the whole of this world, and all that has been created therein, to undergo change and transformation just to suit your convenience? The Prophets are the best of all creatures, yet they have always had to suffer afflictions and so it is for their followers, those who tread in their footsteps as they walk along their highway, emulating their example.

Shaikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani

~Unworthy of Mercy~

Re: Mirpuris

Quote Originally Posted by Eemaan View Post
    So you know how folk always say mps are the lowest of the low well its not true, i think most of us are becoming more progressive aggressive rather than regressive aggressive.

MP love please
    you funnay
    Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

oh mah gawd! im so freaked out. I was just reading under your avatar where it says "Location: Mirpur: and next fing i know, you puts up a thread about Mpoops whats with that!? freakkeehhh

I lubs MPs- they ruleeeeeee.
    *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

i had never heard of a mipuri till i came here, i beleive thats what MP stands for, i thought MP meant "military police" previous to that, so wheres mipur at anyway ? u got a map or something, educate us insha Allah
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Quote Originally Posted by `asiya View Post
    i had never heard of a mipuri till i came here, i beleive thats what MP stands for, i thought MP meant "military police" previous to that, so wheres mipur at anyway ? u got a map or something, educate us insha Allah
    here i appreciate you interest

omg look at how ugly this map is, im so embarassed :S my year 7s cudda put a better one together.
    Sayyiduna Umar (Allah be pleased with him) said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) say, “If you relied on Allah as He should be relied on, He would provide for you as He provides for birds.
    They go out hungry in the early morning, and return full in the evening." [Tirmidhi]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Do not try to run away from trials and tribulations, but endure them with patience. They cannot be avoided, and there is nothing for it but to endure them with patience. How can you expect the whole of this world, and all that has been created therein, to undergo change and transformation just to suit your convenience? The Prophets are the best of all creatures, yet they have always had to suffer afflictions and so it is for their followers, those who tread in their footsteps as they walk along their highway, emulating their example.

Shaikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani

mp's - mad paki's
    Last edited by Omar Mukhtar; 17-04-08 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eemaan View Post
    BUT i dont see many practicing mirpuri folk, most live in the ghetto and those who have managed to emerge from the quaqmire are just in denial about being MPS. sup with that. Where they all at? ai vae

You hear that Jihaan? MMS?

No need to be ashamed . . .

my bezzies mirpuri was her marriage on the 12th, hear the area is beautiful & Azad Supermarket has all UK-ians could want outside Brit-istan
    "If you have burned the Jews, why don't you give a piece of Europe, the United States, Canada or Alaska to Israel. Our question is, if you have committed this huge crime, why should the innocent nation of Palestine pay for this crime?"

http://muslimwiki.com/mw/images/thum...Palestine2.jpg

Straggler In Distress LastFriday's Avatar

??SO you live in Mirpur? Thats crazy.
    " The issue in palestine will not be solved by the United States or any western country. It's not going to be solved by Dan Six Pack or Sally Soccer mom! " Anwar Al-Awlaki

The best provision? piety Mujib's Avatar

I got loads of MP mates, and to wind them up im always calling them MP...In fact I even went to Mirpur to check it out when I was in pakistan a few weeks ago...OVER RATED OR WHAT! All there was is Azad mega mart mainly! And everyone visiting that place was from up north, especially peterborough...Oh and loads of big koti's....The only thing I liked about that place was Malik juice centre....that was nice...Strawberry milkshake...Oh man oh man oh man
    Never give the devil a ride, He will always want to drive

Mujib you MP.

al-istiqamah.com

Just came back from dinner at a Mirpuri house.
    Best cooks in the world mashallah.
    The website and online newsletter
    The blog
    Encouraging steadfastness in times of trial

Are people only from Mirpur called MPs or people from Azad Kashmir as well (outside of mirpur)?

Quote Originally Posted by Omar Mukhtar View Post
    Mujib you MP.
    LOL...DONT CALL ME MP, IM NOT AN MP, you MP!

Quote Originally Posted by Umm_Hanzalah View Post
    Are people only from Mirpur called MPs or people from Azad Kashmir as well (outside of mirpur)?
    No just mp's, sorry I mean just people from mirpur

one q. whats the educational system like in Mirpur? This home-town has a Mirpuri majority and the older generation (aunties) cannot read/write Urdu, sad 'cos they seem intelligent
    "If you have burned the Jews, why don't you give a piece of Europe, the United States, Canada or Alaska to Israel. Our question is, if you have committed this huge crime, why should the innocent nation of Palestine pay for this crime?"

I've been there. It's like the government keeps people in Azad Kashmir uneducated deliberately...lot of peer stuff going on over there. Not sure about Mirpur in particular though.

Quote Originally Posted by ugh View Post
    one q. whats the educational system like in Mirpur? This home-town has a Mirpuri majority and the older generation (aunties) cannot read/write Urdu, sad 'cos they seem intelligent
    Education must be ok, thing is back then they used to get married when they were very young...They did go to school...But to no avail

no, you get mp's from mirpur, azad kashmir,jhelum they all speak mirpuri, mp's are people who speak mirpuri.

no, you get mp's from mirpur, azad kashmir,jhelum they all speak mirpuri, mp's are people who speak mirpuri.
    But I though Potawari is what the lingo is called...nor mirpuri.
    Last edited by Umm_Hanzalah; 17-04-08 at 10:04 PM.

~Unworthy of Mercy~

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire_blue View Post
    You hear that Jihaan? MMS?

No need to be ashamed . . .
    chup che u hindian

lol but there is a family i know and they always been mirpuri but then recently since a year or something the whole family just started talking urdu and i dunno its just odd did they one day sit down and decide as a family right from now on we aint talking in mirpuri lol thats just sad
    Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

So is Jhellam near or part of Mirpur too? it's all Azad Kashmir right? thats where most of my Pakistani mates are from.

I've been to Kaghan near Swat, Mashallah beautiful place, surrounded by snow capped mountains, forests and corn fields and a great big rapid river going through the centre of town, the best bit was sleeping out in the open in the courtyard of a small Masjid and witnessing an electrical storm in the mountains far off, and you know what happened next right about two hours later when we were all in deep sleep the storm came over us, and we were nearly soaked

Oh yeah and taking showers in a near by waterfall was good too, it truly is a beautiful place, visit there if you get a chance

I could retire there happily and become a farmer

according to this mp's speak potwari,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pothohari_language
    Last edited by Omar Mukhtar; 17-04-08 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mujib View Post
    Education must be ok, thing is back then they used to get married when they were very young...They did go to school...But to no avail
    Thats whats confusing, despite being sent to school, why can they not even write their name in any language?

& I speak Potwari, but my family is in a different district from Mirpur, would you class me as MP then?

But I though Potawari is what the lingo is called...nor mirpuri.
    Yeh patwari is another lingo, ifyour from mirpur, then you are MP...patwari is even used by mirpuri's aswell...But generally your classed as an mp if you live in Mirpur

Thats whats confusing, despite being sent to school, why can they not even write their name in any language?

In any language? Im sure they can write there name in urdu.

& I speak Potwari, but my family is in a different district from Mirpur, would you class me as MP then?
    Well depends what district they are from in mirpur...If it comes under mirpur then you are MP.

So Potwari and mirpuri are two different languages, or dialects?

So Potwari and mirpuri are two different languages, or dialects?
    I think maybe just different dialects...Cause I have Mirpuri mates and mates from jhelum etc they speak different....My jhelum mates say Mari and Tari...Mp mates say Miki ta Tuki..
    Where im from is another language totally different, I bet no one has ever heard it, Its called Gorgri...Proper mountain language...And the area is stunning!

Where im from is another language totally different, I bet no one has ever heard it, Its called Gorgri...Proper mountain language...And the area is stunning!
    where are you from?

say somthing in gorji.

I think maybe just different dialects...Cause I have Mirpuri mates and mates from jhelum etc they speak different....My jhelum mates say Mari and Tari...Mp mates say Miki ta Tuki..
    So the Jhelum mate is Potwari and the miki tuki one is Mirpuri?

Where is Gorgri?

Thinking about it we may not originate from the same exact place in Pak or speak the exact same language but do these small things matter..?

Thinking about it we may not originate from the same exact place in Pak or speak the exact same language but do these small things matter..?
    Just interesting...others may not feel the same way.

So the Jhelum mate is Potwari and the miki tuki one is Mirpuri?

Yep!

Where is Gorgri?
    Well they have Gorgri where I live (well cousins etc and parents are from there also)
    They live in Abbaspur, its in poonch...About 6 and a half hours from Pindi...Its all mountain area, beautiful....The language is funny, if you wana ask someone where are you going, you would say, Kinga chalai Tam? I dont know much but they also speak normal punjabi aswell...Not like mp or patwari, instead of saying miki and tuki, we would say mera and tera. Tusana and asana etc etc...Its mad lol

Its something interesting

Well they have Gorgri where I live (well cousins etc and parents are from there also)
    They live in Abbaspur, its in poonch...About 6 and a half hours from Pindi...Its all mountain area, beautiful....The language is funny, if you wana ask someone where are you going, you would say, Kinga chalai Tam? I dont know much but they also speak normal punjabi aswell...Not like mp or patwari, instead of saying miki and tuki, we would say mera and tera. Tusana and asana etc etc...Its mad lol
    We say tusana and asana as well. I thought my family spoke mirpuri but someone said it doesn't sound like Mirpuri. Kinga chalai tam does sound funny though, never heard of that before.

Not like mp or patwari, instead of saying miki and tuki, we would say mera and tera. Tusana and asana etc etc...Its mad lol
    that's similar to hindko bro. do you also tuwada, means yours.

That sounds like sikh punjabi. I think Pathans say it as well from Sialkot.

We say tusana and asana as well. I thought my family spoke mirpuri but someone said it doesn't sound like Mirpuri. Kinga chalai tam does sound funny though, never heard of that before.
    Thats nothing, You should hear the old lady's speak it...If you wana say come here and sit down...You would say Inga ah, It bas! lol
    Normal punjabi we say idar ta udar....Mera ta tera, do you guys talk like that aswell?

No we dont say tuwada, Lahories speak like that mainly...Tuwada ta sada...Asanda and tusanda etc etc

Thats nothing, You should hear the old lady's speak it...If you wana say come here and sit down...You would say Inga ah, It bas! lol
    Normal punjabi we say idar ta udar....Mera ta tera, do you guys talk like that aswell?
    We say mari ta tari. idar ta udar as well.

That sounds like sikh punjabi. I think Pathans say it as well from Sialkot.
    lot of words from hindko are borrowed from pushto, punjabi and urdu. majority of words are from punjabi language.

No we dont say tuwada, Lahories speak like that mainly...Tuwada ta sada...Asanda and tusanda etc etc
    what language do lahoories speak?