Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Tafseer Class, Tafseer Ibn Katheer, Saturday 6:30pm GMT (7:30pm BST/GMT+1) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Note: All classes are still on the old times of GMT, not GMT +1 a.k.a. BST, with the exception of the Tafseer Class, for that will be done at 7:30pm GMT, or 6:30pm GMT+1/BST

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,160 of 1288

Thread: Quran Quiz

speak good or be silent the_middle_road's Avatar

Quran Quiz

Post questions pertaining to the Holy Quran here. If the answer is given then anybody can ask a new one, doesn't have to be the person who answered, so as to keep things moving.

OK, and easy one to start off with: Which Surah has Allah's (swt) name in each of its ayat?

"And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
    (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Re: Quran Quiz

How much time words "Mubeen" in All quran??
    If you want to Learn Quran check here

catch me if u can ..... shikran's Avatar

i m unable to edit my post in ths thread.. i can see editing option is available 4 @journey2jannah nd @the_middle_road ..

Quote Originally Posted by mma007 View Post
    How much time words "Mubeen" in All quran??

لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول journey2jannah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shikran View Post
    khadool (25:29) = opposite of the common saying, “A friend in need is a friend indeed.” i. Shaytan is this kind of friend

al-akhdaan (5:5) = friends of the opposite sex i.e boyfriends or girlfriends

rafeeq (4:69) = at hours of need offers support

walee (5:55) = protective friend

sadeeq (12:46) = sincere in that he sees your flaws and points them out to you in all honesty.

hameem (70:10) = willing to go all out for you

waleeja (9:16)= trusted friend who is involved in your private matters

batana (3:18)= close friend i.e. someone who is involved in all your personal matters

Excellent! That makes a total of 10 -1 more than what I had initially anticipated, Alhamdulillah.

Qur'an 3:118 is refering to taking non-Muslims as “bitana” which literally means “inner lining of a garment” indicating a very close friend i.e. someone who is involved in all your personal matters. Allah warns that intentionally or unintentionally they cause you distress, and inflict loss upon you. This kind of friend should be well versed in the deen so that they are able to offer you true counsel, comfort and guidance (source)

for providing an explaination along with your answers. Further clarification and differences between these terms is explained in the picture below (taken from Nu'man Ali Khan Collections #LinguisticMiracle).

The example of a believer is that of a fresh tender plant; from whatever direction the wind comes, it bends it, but when the wind becomes quiet, it becomes straight again. Similarly, a believer is afflicted with calamities (but he remains patient till Allah removes his difficulties.) And an impious wicked person is like a pine tree which keeps hard and straight till Allah cuts (breaks) it down when He wishes.

...اللهم أحفظ لنا قلوبنا whisperofimaan's Avatar

The first 10 nights of Dhul Hijjah is mentioned in two ayahs in the Quran, what are they?
    الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

By the dawn nd by the 10 nights

[Quran 89:1-2]

...اللهم أحفظ لنا قلوبنا whisperofimaan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shikran View Post
    By the dawn nd by the 10 nights

[Quran 89:1-2]
    that's one of the ayahs. Eid Mubarak
    الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

AlBaqra 2:203

AlHajj 22:28

Wishing all my Muslim brothers/sisters – Eid Saeed, Kullu ‘am wa antum ilaLlahi aqrab. Taqabballallahu minna wa minkum! May Allah bring us all together 2 strive in the cause of Islam. May Allah unify us in the struggle toward justice on ths earth, with all our hands, tongues nd hearts, moving together as one. May we pull toward one another as ONE UMMAH, 2 strengthen us in our strongest Muslim belief , Ameen

I thought it would be interesting to know if we can all come up with words in the Qur'an that resemble their meanings (onomatopoeia) but not strictly because we're definitely not going to assign words or put them in any particular category but rather this exercise will inshaaAllah allow us to ponder over the Qur'an and give us access to certain words in the Qur'an which we tend to overlook at times.

For example:

the words زُلۡزِلَتِ - Zalzala, is repeated twice in the first ayah of Surah Zilzal (99:1)

إِذَا زُلۡزِلَتِ ٱلۡأَرۡضُ زِلۡزَالَهَا
    translated meaning: When the earth is shaken with its (final) earthquake

The most prominant letters in this word (and possibly this whole sentence) is the letter ز .
    When this letter is pronounced correctly with the application of the rules of tajweed -the characteristics (siffat) and makhraj of the letter and this can be assessed by putting a sukkon on the letter ز - you will notice that the air makes a buzzing and a vibrating sound as this letter is pronounced. This is why when you read this verse, you will notice that your tongue is constantly buzzing, as if your mouth is shaking and you can feel the earthquake as you are reciting (to some extent).
    Last edited by journey2jannah; 03-11-12 at 09:36 PM.
    The example of a believer is that of a fresh tender plant; from whatever direction the wind comes, it bends it, but when the wind becomes quiet, it becomes straight again. Similarly, a believer is afflicted with calamities (but he remains patient till Allah removes his difficulties.) And an impious wicked person is like a pine tree which keeps hard and straight till Allah cuts (breaks) it down when He wishes.

'Waswasa - to whisper'. Sounds like a whisper when you say it.

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

فَدَمْدَمَعَلَيْهِمْ رَبُّهُم بِذَنبِهِمْ فَسَوَّاهَا...

So Pounded [damdama] upon them their Master (because of their sin), so He levelled them (to the ground). [Shams 91:14]

The word Damdama = to pound something on the ground so much so that it becomes flat and one with the ground. So the people of Thamud were flattened into the ground because of their opposition to Allah and their oppression of His believing slaves.
    (it also sounds like banging or beating drums IMO)

كُلٌّ۬ فِى فَلَكٍ۬ ... (Qur'an 21:33)
    Possible translated meaning: all in their orbit/cycle

The words "QuLun FI FaLaK" are composed of the following individual letters: Kaf, Lam, Fa, Ya, Fa, Lam, Kaf

These individual letters are mirrored (as if forming a circle) -see attached image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VERSE.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	52788  

I heard an interpretation of that (from a fairly questionable source mind you), that Thamud's crime was that they withheld water from people, thus enslaving them or oppressing them since they had this valuable resource. So their initial punishment was that they were forced to share their water with the camel, and then they killed the camel as we all know. So Allah (swt) punished them, and in the three days before their punishment (according to this source), they had no water, and so in the desert they started dehydrating as a part of their punishment. But then it was time for even the very water in the blood flowing through their veins to be taken (damdama from dimaa', or blood) when they were so utterly crushed that their blood seeped out of them totally.

I don't take this as any sort of official explanation given I'm very suspicious of the source, but at the time I thought it was rather interesting.
    لقد كنا أذل قوم فأعزنا الله بالإسلام، فمهما ابتغينا العز في غيره أذلنا الله

Quote Originally Posted by journey2jannah View Post

I thought it would be interesting to know if we can all come up with words in the Qur'an that resemble their meanings (onomatopoeia) but not strictly because we're definitely not going to assign words or put them in any particular category but rather this exercise will inshaaAllah allow us to ponder over the Qur'an and give us access to certain words in the Qur'an which we tend to overlook at times.

For example:

the words زُلۡزِلَتِ - Zalzala, is repeated twice in the first ayah of Surah Zilzal (99:1)

إِذَا زُلۡزِلَتِ ٱلۡأَرۡضُ زِلۡزَالَهَا
    translated meaning: When the earth is shaken with its (final) earthquake

The most prominant letters in this word (and possibly this whole sentence) is the letter ز .
    When this letter is pronounced correctly with the application of the rules of tajweed -the characteristics (siffat) and makhraj of the letter and this can be assessed by putting a sukkon on the letter ز - you will notice that the air makes a buzzing and a vibrating sound as this letter is pronounced. This is why when you read this verse, you will notice that your tongue is constantly buzzing, as if your mouth is shaking and you can feel the earthquake as you are reciting (to some extent).
    I dont know if this is correct but

Wa nufikha fi soor (And the Horn will be blown)

while saying that we blow air out of mouths similar to the meaning of the ayah.

*Asalaamu'alykum*

Not exactly relevant to a particular verse in the Qur'an but to bump this thread and get the ball rolling again, my question is as follows:

Question

Which letter of the Arabic alphabet is exclusive to Arabic and does not appear in any other languages?

ض

Luhgatul Duad
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

That's correct

Your turn!

ذق!انّك انت العزيز الكريم Abdullah Fatih's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post

ض

Luhgatul Duad
    lol there's a markaz that teaches arabic in egypt called ض
    º•○º○•Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.•○º○•º -Imam Junaid

I have a light question for this quiz!

Let's say there was this naughty kid, and in this kid's days of misguidance, he played a trick on his sibling. He managed to convince him that there are, in fact, babies born with knowledge of many things, and these special kids grow up to be geniuses.

If this sibling wanted to smack his brother on the head with a verse that shuts him up completely, what verse could he have given him?

Quote Originally Posted by علي View Post
    I have a light question for this quiz!

Let's say there was this naughty kid, and in this kid's days of misguidance, he played a trick on his sibling. He managed to convince him that there are, in fact, babies born with knowledge of many things, and these special kids grow up to be geniuses.

If this sibling wanted to smack his brother on the head with a verse that shuts him up completely, what verse could he have given him?
    A lil hint

unless its in juzz amma or tabarak
    º•○º○•Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.•○º○•º -Imam Junaid

A bit early for a hint!

But okay, it's in the first half of the Qur'aan, closer to the end of that half, so you can rule out everything before At-Tawbah, including At-Tawbah.

A bit early for a hint!

But okay, it's in the first half of the Qur'aan, closer to the end of that half, so you can rule out everything before At-Tawbah, including At-Tawbah.
    Ok.. from Yunus to around Israa and Kahf.. hmmm

Yup, but you can exclude Surat Al-Kahf also.

I give up

Let's wait, I'm sure there are people on here who can answer this one because it's clear once you find the verse, there would be no doubt that it's the right one

I'm not sure what you're asking, though. What's the verse supposed to shut him about about?

By the way, you stole my turn.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.

I'm not sure what you're asking, though. What's the verse supposed to shut him about about?

By the way, you stole my turn.
    Ouch, sorry, yeah I did didn't I. Okay just ask a question and we'll try to answer, and if someone wants to answer mine that's fine but it's up to you to pass the turn.

The verse is supposed to refute the idea that kids are born knowing anything.

Ouch, sorry, yeah I did didn't I. Okay just ask a question and we'll try to answer, and if someone wants to answer mine that's fine but it's up to you to pass the turn.

The verse is supposed to refute the idea that kids are born knowing anything.
    22:5 O people, if you doubt your revival on the Day of Resurrection, then ponder that We created you from dust, then from a drop of liquid, then from a clot, then from a piece of flesh formed and without form, so that We show you Our signs for you; and We keep whomever We want inside the mothers’ wombs up to an appointed time, then extract you as infants, then in order that you reach your puberty; and among you is one who dies earlier, and among you is one put to the most abject age, so after having knowledge, knows nothing; and you see the earth desolate, then when We sent down water upon it, it freshened up and developed and produced beautiful pairs of all kinds.
    Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery and Today is a Gift thats why we call it The Present

Nah, j/k.

“And Allah has extracted you from the wombs of your mothers not knowing a thing, and He made for you hearing and vision and intellect that perhaps you would be grateful..”
    [Surah al Nahl: 78]

Quote Originally Posted by Humaira Hakim View Post
    22:5 O people, if you doubt your revival on the Day of Resurrection, then ponder that We created you from dust, then from a drop of liquid, then from a clot, then from a piece of flesh formed and without form, so that We show you Our signs for you; and We keep whomever We want inside the mothers’ wombs up to an appointed time, then extract you as infants, then in order that you reach your puberty; and among you is one who dies earlier, and among you is one put to the most abject age, so after having knowledge, knows nothing; and you see the earth desolate, then when We sent down water upon it, it freshened up and developed and produced beautiful pairs of all kinds.
    Ha, subhaan Allah, I just finished reading that surah.

Thanks for the answer, but mirror got it

I tried to rep you mirror, but it said I have to wait >__>

But yup you got it bro, it's your turn two times over now.

Name two fountains in Jannah.

Odan

1. Kafoor
    2. Zanjabeel
    3. Tasneem

I was thinking Kawthar and Salsabeel. But, I think Kafur is also a spring.

Odan

I was thinking Kawthar and Salsabeel. But, I think Kafur is also a spring.
    Is Kawthar a fountain of Jannah?

Or is it a fountain besides which the Prophet saw will be standing giving a drink to the bets of his Ummah before entering Jannah?

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by nonameakhi View Post
    Is Kawthar a fountain of Jannah?

Or is it a fountain besides which the Prophet saw will be standing giving a drink to the bets of his Ummah before entering Jannah?
    wouldnt let me edit for some reason, I meant 'best' of course

There was a student at an islamic institue that was the smartest amongst his peers. He always scored highest in all his classes. He was also a haafidh of the qur'an. But he wasn't just any haafidh, he had the sharpest of memories.

His classmates always tried to get him to make a mistake in his hifdh but they could never succeed..

So one day, his classmates wanted to test him in his hifdh to try to stump him on at least 1 question.
    They circled him and said, tell us, where is this ayah in the qur'an: "takasaka". And that was it.

He thought for a moment, and replied "Inna salaataka sakanun lahum". The answer was from the end of the first word in salaataka and the beginning of sakanun.

From that day onwards they never tested him again.

Question:

"And if you should count the favors of Allah, you could not enumerate them."

^ That particular part of an ayah comes twice in the Qur'an but there's a slight difference between the two. What is that difference?

Quote Originally Posted by the_middle_road View Post
    Question:

"And if you should count the favors of Allah, you could not enumerate them."

^ That particular part of an ayah comes twice in the Qur'an but there's a slight difference between the two. What is that difference?
    It appears in two places, Surat Ibrahim verse 34 and Surat An-Nahl verse 18. In Surat Ibrahim, in the word ni`mah, the ta is the normal one (نعمت). In Surat An-Nahl, it's a ta marbootah (نعمة).

It appears in two places, Surat Ibrahim verse 34 and Surat An-Nahl verse 18. In Surat Ibrahim, in the word ni`mah, the ta is the normal one (نعمت). In Surat An-Nahl, it's a ta marbootah (نعمة).