Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Mustalahul Hadeeth & Hanafi Fiqh Class with Abu Mus'ab Tuesday from 7:30PM GMT (8:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here. - And here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Dental Student

Question The Difference Between 'Inception' and 'Conception'.

Earlier today, I was reading a book which referred to the beliefs of people from different religions. Anyway, I came across a few ' sentences.

This is what the sentences read.

"Roman Catholics believe that life begins at conception."

and

"Muslims believe...Life begins at inception-the fusion of the sperm and the egg."

Well, what i'm wanting to know is the difference between 'Inception' and 'Conception'.

I personally thought that 'inception' meant the 'beginning of something' whilst 'conception' meant 'the fusion of the sperm and the egg'.

I'm seriously puzzled now.

i would be very grateful if any one of you could provide me with a useful answer. I need an answer as soon as possible so I can hit back at some of the wallies *points at GooBAB and the rest* that tried to bust me up by suggesting that I read the book wrong. :eek3:

I hope for a response soon.

Wassalam.

Prepare to be and (To those that tried to bust me up).

Last edited by MrOnline; 27-02-08 at 09:46 PM.

Account Disabled

Re: The Difference Between 'Inception' and 'Conception'.

Conception is the moment that the ovum and sperm head meet and fertilisation takes place.

Inception has many different meanings.....

I think you are just getting confused.

conception is, arguably the moment where life begins.

Both religions agree to this from what I recall.