Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

View Poll Results: Are you part of the tabligh jamaat?

Voters
407. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

112 27.52%
  • No

263 64.62%
  • Not yet but i want to

32 7.86%
Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Kamaa Tadeenu Tudaan Abu Mus'ab's Avatar
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Are you a Tablighi?

Disclaimer: By reading further you agree to abide by the terms and conditions, if you don't agree then click here now.

Okay so here's the deal, i'm busy with some research and needed some stats, so vote properly and honestly, jokers are not wanted, if you can't vote honestly then dont bother opening the thread, because i don't want my statistics to be messed because of immature people.

Now on to the topic, the question is, are you a tablighi? (i.e. are you part of the tabligh jamaat - so all you smart alecks can save your comments) it doesn't matter if you're a "permanent" member or not.

This thread is not for arguing or debates, if you want to argue then do it elsewhere.

That's all, now go on and vote, there's nothing to be shy about.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Are you a Tablighi?

an ijtema literally means a gathering of people; as the brother said its also like a huge conference. people from all over the country, shuyukh from around the world, talks, study sessions, duas....etc etc.
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeeKee View Post
    an ijtema literally means a gathering of people; as the brother said its also like a huge conference. people from all over the country, shuyukh from around the world, talks, study sessions, duas....etc etc.
    ok jzk

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by perfectpearl View Post
    You are totally misunderstanding me. I never said it looks weird when its trimmed. When its not there AT ALL it looks weird! I am not putting sunnah or religion into it at all. Personal preference is not the same as desires. I dont like how the beard looks- personally i dont feel comfortable with a perspective that doesnt have a beard. I think its a total put off to not have a beard but still i dont like how it looks.

Just to get this clear- i am not a perfect Muslim as we all are not. We all have mistakes. I try to the best to follow the salaf. I do mistakes so you dont have to attack the salafis because even if that was a mistake, dont take me as an example. I never said it had anything to do with religion anyway. Dont take chances to find a wrong in salafis. Its me thats wrong, not the salafis. Dont be fast to judge. I do respect the nabi as i try to follow His sunnah CORRECTLY- so dont get all i am all bad for doing this and that on me.

Anyway you are totally misunderstanding me. I agree with all these ahadith. All i said was it looked weird when someone shaves their mustache and leaves the beard. Nothing wrong with that.
    I'm not gonna comment on that

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Lol this this guy did i ever ever say it has to do with religion! I am guessing you also have a beard with no mustache....- ITS MY OPINION and I say it LOOKS BAD! You dont have to get all sufi over me. Its my preference - live with it.
    Well you'd better change your preferences then.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post

In initial post she clearly mocked it, laughed at it and called it funny

Now, in the paragraph below she is talkin on both sides.

===========================
    Originally Posted by perfectpearl
    You are totally misunderstanding me. I never said it looks weird when its trimmed. When its not there AT ALL it looks weird! I am not putting sunnah or religion into it at all. Personal preference is not the same as desires. I dont like how the beard looks- personally i dont feel comfortable with a perspective that doesnt have a beard. I think its a total put off to not have a beard but still i dont like how it looks.

I got no clue what she was on about in this paragraph. It just sounds like coming out from a confused pearl and not from a perfect pearl. So i thought better ignore. lol
    لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truepath View Post

I got no clue what she was on about in this paragraph. It just sounds like coming out from a confused pearl and not from a perfect pearl. So i thought better ignore. lol
    You know if some people (both salafis and non salafis) had to read that comment of hers where she says she doesn't like how a beard looks then they'd instantly brand her a kaafir, that's why i said she'd better change her preferences.

The moustache i don't know too much about, i've only heard medievalist say that hadhrat abu hurairah radhiallahu anhu shaved off his moustache, i don't know how authentic that is, but because i'm in doubt about it i would never speak bad about it lest it may be true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

guess your brothers just didn't get it.

hey don't make assumptions so fast; i come from a tablighi family but i researched it thoroughly, and i know 'both' sides. the only bid'ah people can come out with is the reading of fadhail e amaal and substantial refutations have been given; and if someone wants to reject it based solely on their individual experience....then so be it. it doesn't affect the noble endeavour of Tabligh, and alhamdulillah all around the world through this work People have come to Islam, have come BACK to Islam. become deeni etc. so reject and laugh at it all anyone likes; the blessed efforts and therefore effects of this work is clear for those who want to see, see.
    see your never going to listen because your family do follow it now. All I am saying is just search.

Quote Originally Posted by seven View Post
    with regards to people who call 40 days bid'ah:

why is it that when you go to say madinah university... the courses are like 1, 2 or 3 years long? isn't that a bid'ah also?
    They are not limiting it. They dont think by just 40 days they will attain something. how about 41 or 42...why 40. Thats the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Umer Bin Khatab View Post
    i got this in an email........

Shaykh Ibn Utheymen on the Tablighi Jamat
    Asslamu Allaikum,

Question: I have started to become committed recently, praise be to Allaah. In our area there is the Jamaa?at al-Tableegh, who go out for thirty days or more. People say different things about them. Some say, don't go out with them, because their going out is an innovation (bidah) and they have some mistaken ideas. Others advised me to go out with them. What is the correct view concerning that? Should I go out with them or not?.

Answer: Praise be to Allaah. We have already discussed this group and some of their pros and cons.

Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about that and he said:

Usually in every issue there are two extremes and a middle way. Some people praise this group a great deal and encourage going out with them; others condemn them a great deal and warn against them more than they would warn you about a lion. And some people tread a middle path between those two extremes.

I think that there is some good in this group; they call others to Islam and have a clear influence that no other daaiyahs have had. Many kaafirs have become believers at their hands, and many evildoers has Allaah guided through them.

Moreover they have an attitude of humility and selflessness that is not found in many others.

Some people say that they have no knowledge of hadeeth, and so on.

They are undoubtedly good people, but I think that those of them who are in Saudi do not go to Pakistan or other countries, and we do not know anything about the aqeedah of those people (in other countries) or their manhaj (methodology). But there is nothing wrong with the manhaj followed by our companions here in Saudi.

With regard to limiting dawah to three or four days, or to two or four or six months, or two years, there is no shari evidence for that. But they think that this has to do with organization (of groups). If a person goes out for three days, and knows that he is limited to these three days, he will focus his mind and forget about worldly matters. This is the matter of organization, and is not an act of worship or a matter of shareeah.

I think, may Allaah bless you, that if you have the opportunity to seek knowledge then it is better to do that, because seeking knowledge is good and the people nowadays have a great need for scholars who have knowledge of the Sunnah and who are well-versed in knowledge. If you are not able to seek knowledge, and you go out with them in order to purify yourself, there is nothing wrong with that. There are many people whom Allaah has guided at their hands.
    Al-Baab al-Maftooh, no. 10, P. 304.

And Allaah is the Source of strength
    Sh Ibn Utheymen on the tablighi jammat

i've been to a ijtimaa once for three dayz but besides that never went on tabligh. i have nothing against the brotherz though.
    Just to make this clear- he is talking about tJ in saudi . He said he doesnt know the manhaj of the others.

If you bring me something thats worthy of a source then maybe I would.

How am I the one thats confused. Because you misunderstood me, I become the one thats confused. Oh okkay

I was giving examples on how liking something looks and not following it. For example - I do NOT like how beard look BUT I hate when men dont have beards. Another example - I think it Looks weird when men have NO mustache At ALL and a beard BUT thats okay Islamiclly because i do like a trimmed mustache with a beard!

You know if some people (both salafis and non salafis) had to read that comment of hers where she says she doesn't like how a beard looks then they'd instantly brand her a kaafir, that's why i said she'd better change her preferences.

The moustache i don't know too much about, i've only heard medievalist say that hadhrat abu hurairah radhiallahu anhu shaved off his moustache, i don't know how authentic that is, but because i'm in doubt about it i would never speak bad about it lest it may be true.

You know I am right here. Instead of talking within yourselves- just tell it to me.

What to you because i dont like how the beard looks they brand me as kaffir. I dont know what kind of people you know but salafis dont misuse the word kafir. Is there a hadith or something saying because i dont like how it looks i am a kafir. I dont think so. I already said that I dont feel comfortable with someone without a beard so how am I rejecting the sunnah. I know many salafi brothers who dont like how the beard looks but still have it because its fard. Do you claim them as kaffir?

Those people that will brand as kaffir better really know what they going into. If you are wrong about it- it goes back at you.
    Surat Al-An'am verse 26: Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee; they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Quoted
    387 Post(s)

If you were in the clouds, Allah would raise us to you or lower you to us for battle.

said this to the Byzantine troops when they retreated from the battle field to the fortified town of Chalcis.

- Khalid ibn Walid

Resident Optometrist $HugoBoss$'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Funny thing is nobody here know's what there talking about
    Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by $HugoBoss$ View Post
    Nope and never will be.
    good for you.

What a great misery and disaster for them. How unlucky they are and what a great loss to their effort and their movement that such a great, eminent and a noble personality as yourself is not a part of them. They sure must be missing great contribution from you.
    Last edited by truepath; 28-08-08 at 05:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

yeah and i bet you know a lot don't you cheese breath
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

mashaAllah, since you are so knowledgeable about this, maybe you can teach us inshaAllah
    Take a step into our unique Muslim Montessori school:
    http://campaign.justgiving.com/…/a-…/buildalamiyahschool2015

Donate your sadaqah to help build a Model School for all our children.
    Please watch our school appeal: https://youtu.be/SY819jmCbzw

Text SCHL15 followed by £10 to 70070 and make a difference.
    Please forward this message to help turn this vision into a reality.

The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

What to you because i dont like how the beard looks they brand me as kaffir. I dont know what kind of people you know but salafis dont misuse the word kafir. Is there a hadith or something saying because i dont like how it looks i am a kafir. I dont think so. I already said that I dont feel comfortable with someone without a beard so how am I rejecting the sunnah. I know many salafi brothers who dont like how the beard looks but still have it because its fard. Do you claim them as kaffir?

Those people that will brand as kaffir better really know what they going into. If you are wrong about it- it goes back at you.
    you should just go and read the nullfiers of emaan, and you'll find your answer right there.

Don't take it from me, just go ask sheikh salih al munajjid and see what he tells you.

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RashidD View Post
    Where's med? Didn't he have proof that Abu Hurayrah (RA) shaved mustache? There are many TJers who keep it, it is considered sunnah or closer to sunnah in Shafi'i madhab.
    The ruling on Moustache

The trimming and shortening of the moustache has been emphatically mentioned in many narrations of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace), as we have seen above, thus, there is no need to repeat these narrations.

The Hadiths from the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) mention two things:

1) Some state, “Shorten your moustaches.”

2) Others state, “Remove your moustaches.” (See: Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim).

Thus, all the Schools of Islamic law agree on the fact that, it is impermissible to leave the moustache in a way that it covers the upper lip, for it is against the Sunnah and unhygienic, especially when eating. It would be unlawful to grow a very long moustache, as is customary in many people.
    Zayd ibn Arqam (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Whosoever does not shorten his moustache is not one from us.” (Sunan Tirmizi, no. 2761, Sunan Nasa’i, no. 14 and Musnad Ahmad, 4/366, and Imam al-Tirmizi classed it to be authentic).

Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) used to trim or take from his moustache, and the friend of Allah (khalil), the Prophet Ibrahim (blessings be upon him) would also do the same.” (Sunan Tirmizi, no. 2760 and Musnad Ahmad, 1/301)

However, the scholars differ as to whether it is better to shorten the moustache or remove it and shave it altogether.

The relied upon opinion in the Hanafi School is that, it is even better to remove one’s moustache, though the sunnah is achieved by shortening the it such that it no longer covers the upper lip.

Imam Ibn Abidin (Allah have mercy on him) states that the opinion of shaving off the moustache being a Sunnah, was chosen by many scholars. (Radd al-Muhtar)

Imam al-Tahawi said that it is a Sunnah to shave the moustache, and it is better than shortening it, affirming that this is the position of Abu Hanifa and both his main students (Allah have mercy on them). (See: Tahawi, Sharh Ma’ani al-Athaar, 4.229,

He also reported, with his authentic chains of transmission, that this was from the practice of great Companions, including Abd Allah ibn Umar, Abu Hurayra, Abu Sa’id al-Khudri, Abu Usayd al-Sa’idi, Rafi’ ibn Khadij, Jabir ibn Abd Allah, Anas ibn Malik, and others. (ibid.)

Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal (Allah have mercy on him) used to shave his moustache, thus the Hanbali position is also similar to that of the Hanafis. The Maliki School states that the moustache should not be completely removed, rather only shortened. The Shafi’is also hold a similar view.

This is what I have, and Allah knows best.

Muhammad ibn Adam
    Darul Iftaa
    Leicester, UK

The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

The ruling on Moustache

The trimming and shortening of the moustache has been emphatically mentioned in many narrations of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace), as we have seen above, thus, there is no need to repeat these narrations.

The Hadiths from the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) mention two things:

2) Others state, “Remove your moustaches.” (See: Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim).

Thus, all the Schools of Islamic law agree on the fact that, it is impermissible to leave the moustache in a way that it covers the upper lip, for it is against the Sunnah and unhygienic, especially when eating. It would be unlawful to grow a very long moustache, as is customary in many people.
    Zayd ibn Arqam (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Whosoever does not shorten his moustache is not one from us.” (Sunan Tirmizi, no. 2761, Sunan Nasa’i, no. 14 and Musnad Ahmad, 4/366, and Imam al-Tirmizi classed it to be authentic).

Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) used to trim or take from his moustache, and the friend of Allah (khalil), the Prophet Ibrahim (blessings be upon him) would also do the same.” (Sunan Tirmizi, no. 2760 and Musnad Ahmad, 1/301)

However, the scholars differ as to whether it is better to shorten the moustache or remove it and shave it altogether.

The relied upon opinion in the Hanafi School is that, it is even better to remove one’s moustache, though the sunnah is achieved by shortening the it such that it no longer covers the upper lip.

Imam Ibn Abidin (Allah have mercy on him) states that the opinion of shaving off the moustache being a Sunnah, was chosen by many scholars. (Radd al-Muhtar)

Imam al-Tahawi said that it is a Sunnah to shave the moustache, and it is better than shortening it, affirming that this is the position of Abu Hanifa and both his main students (Allah have mercy on them). (See: Tahawi, Sharh Ma’ani al-Athaar, 4.229,

He also reported, with his authentic chains of transmission, that this was from the practice of great Companions, including Abd Allah ibn Umar, Abu Hurayra, Abu Sa’id al-Khudri, Abu Usayd al-Sa’idi, Rafi’ ibn Khadij, Jabir ibn Abd Allah, Anas ibn Malik, and others. (ibid.)

Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal (Allah have mercy on him) used to shave his moustache, thus the Hanbali position is also similar to that of the Hanafis. The Maliki School states that the moustache should not be completely removed, rather only shortened. The Shafi’is also hold a similar view.

This is what I have, and Allah knows best.

Muhammad ibn Adam
    Darul Iftaa
    Leicester, UK
    i've saved this post for future reference.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i know back home (india, pakistan, b'desh and many arab countries ) it is fashion to let the moustache grow and shave the beard!!

completely the opposite to what we have been told!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you should just go and read the nullfiers of emaan, and you'll find your answer right there.

Don't take it from me, just go ask sheikh salih al munajjid and see what he tells you.
    I am pretty sure he wont call me a kaffir for not liking how it looks. I am sure any salafi wont call me a kaffir for not liking how it looks.
    Surat Al-An'am verse 26: Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee; they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I am pretty sure he wont call me a kaffir for not liking how it looks. I am sure any salafi wont call me a kaffir for not liking how it looks.
    but its sunnah so were supposed to like the beard, saying u dnt like it is like saying u dnt like the sunnah of the prophet saw

(i dnt mean to be spiteful but we have to love the sunnah thats part of whats makes u muslim)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *hijab* View Post
    but its sunnah so were supposed to like the beard, saying u dnt like it is like saying u dnt like the sunnah of the prophet saw

(i dnt mean to be spiteful but we have to love the sunnah thats part of whats makes u muslim)
    LOOKS LOOKS ... I dont like how it LOOKS. BUT I would much prefer a man to HAVE A BEARD!

such false accusations in one thread...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

LOOKS LOOKS ... I dont like how it LOOKS. BUT I would much prefer a man to HAVE A BEARD!

such false accusations in one thread...
    im not accusing you of anything...what do u mean by luks? do u not like certain style of a beard for example box beard?

please dnt take it seriously, im not arguing with u

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *hijab* View Post
    im not accusing you of anything...what do u mean by luks? do u not like certain style of a beard for example box beard?

please dnt take it seriously, im not arguing with u
    I just dont like the look of hair on the chin. Like just generally I dont like how a beard looks.

I know the Prophet had it and its a true struggle for the brothers to have a beard Mashaa Allah. I respect brothers with beards. Like I said I know brothers who dont like how it looks but despite of that grow one to be on the sunnah.

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

perfect pearl,

if you dislike the looks of the prophet and his sunnah, then you should keep that to yourself and pray that Allah grants you love for the prophet that you love everything aboout him.

Narrated 'Abd Allah bin Hisham: 'We were with the Prophet (SAAW) and he was holding the hand of 'Umar ibnu Al-Khattab
    (RAA). 'Umar said to him, "O Allah's Messenger (SAAW)! You are dearer to me than everything except my ownself."
    Allah's Messenger (SAAW) said: "No, by Him in Whose Hand my soul is, (you will not have complete Faith) untill I am
    dearer to you than your ownself." Then 'Umar (RAA) said: "However, now, by Allah, you are dearer to me than my
    ownself." He (SAAW) then said: "Now, O 'Umar, (now you are a believer)."

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

perfect pearl,

if you dislike the looks of the prophet and his sunnah, then you should keep that to yourself and pray that Allah grants you love for the prophet that you love everything aboout him.

Narrated 'Abd Allah bin Hisham: 'We were with the Prophet (SAAW) and he was holding the hand of 'Umar ibnu Al-Khattab
    (RAA). 'Umar said to him, "O Allah's Messenger (SAAW)! You are dearer to me than everything except my ownself."
    Allah's Messenger (SAAW) said: "No, by Him in Whose Hand my soul is, (you will not have complete Faith) untill I am
    dearer to you than your ownself." Then 'Umar (RAA) said: "However, now, by Allah, you are dearer to me than my

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

perfect pearl,

I never said i didnt like the looks of the Prophet. I love the Prophet and everything about him. Dont you know thats why I am salafi. I feel they follow the rasool the most and thats why I am one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It takes more than that to be a salafi. salafis are rare, you cannot just brand it upon yourself, to be one you need to walk, talk, think, do, look etc (like the salaf did which was according to Quran and Sunnah). Love that which is better for us and to love it totally and obey completely, and to live like so is to gain the love of Allah swt. You should see it from a different angle that whatever Allah swt loves is what we should love, and we should be those who strive in upholding this blessing.
    Last edited by Facilitator; 29-08-08 at 02:13 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

yup mustache is okay..its the beard thats not okay.
    it looks really funny anyway when you have beard and no mustache
    If its not mocking then what else is it?

Lol this this guy did i ever ever say it has to do with religion! I am guessing you also have a beard with no mustache....- ITS MY OPINION and I say it LOOKS BAD! You dont have to get all sufi over me. Its my preference - live with it.
    Like as if the world rotates around her and i or some of us cannot live if she holds such a preference.

perfect pearl,

Thats exactly my point for which I got all worked up. Nobody gives a damnn of your view or your preference or your opinion if it is against something which is haqq and is beloved to the muslim ummah. I personally, dont care whether you change your opinion, your view and your preference on this issue or not. However, my point was even if you dont like it, as seven said you should keep your views to yourself and stay silent on these issues rather than making these kind of comments.

Just don't make mocking comments and keep them to yourself and it will all be fine. If you dont have have love for it and dislike it still not a problem a if you keep it to yourself in your heart. Rather than making senseless comments such as "looks funny" or "moustache is ok while beard is not ok" etc etc.

I am sure you know of the ahadith that warns about the usage of tongue and the words that can take a person away from jannah to jahannam. So think well before you say or speak stuff, that would be better for you. And I am very sure there are many salafis who would brand these statements which I have highlighted in blue as "kufr" or even brand you as kaffir altogether. But I didnt and I rather said to be on safe side you better recite kalima in your own heart. For, if i had made such comments on any issue due to lack of my knowledge or understanding, then I woudn't think twice before reciting kalima again and reviving my own imaan. As for me my imaam would be the most important thing for me.
    Last edited by truepath; 29-08-08 at 03:52 AM.

Resident Optometrist $HugoBoss$'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

good for you.

What a great misery and disaster for them. How unlucky they are and what a great loss to their effort and their movement that such a great, eminent and a noble personality as yourself is not a part of them. They sure must be missing great contribution from you.
    yeah and i bet you know a lot don't you cheese breath
    mashaAllah, since you are so knowledgeable about this, maybe you can teach us inshaAllah
    Sorry sisters didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Hope you feel better now.
    Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

Can people, especially those on a TJ line, please remember your adab. Have any of you ever sat with 'ulema of TJ? Do they ever use this kind of language?
    "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If its not mocking then what else is it?

Like as if the world rotates around her and i or some of us cannot live if she holds such a preference.

Thats exactly my point for which I got all worked up. Nobody gives a damnn of your view or your preference or your opinion if it is against something which is haqq and is beloved to the muslim ummah. I personally, dont care whether you change your opinion, your view and your preference on this issue or not. However, my point was even if you dont like it, as seven said you should keep your views to yourself and stay silent on these issues rather than making these kind of comments.

Just don't make mocking comments and keep them to yourself and it will all be fine. If you dont have have love for it and dislike it still not a problem a if you keep it to yourself in your heart. Rather than making senseless comments such as "looks funny" or "moustache is ok while beard is not ok" etc etc.

I am sure you know of the ahadith that warns about the usage of tongue and the words that can take a person away from jannah to jahannam. So think well before you say or speak stuff, that would be better for you. And I am very sure there are many salafis who would brand these statements which I have highlighted in blue as "kufr" or even brand you as kaffir altogether. But I didnt and I rather said to be on safe side you better recite kalima in your own heart. For, if i had made such comments on any issue due to lack of my knowledge or understanding, then I woudn't think twice before reciting kalima again and reviving my own imaan. As for me my imaam would be the most important thing for me.
    Okay so now all the sufis team up and say that I am saying statements of kufr. ha If you dont give a damn about my veiws don't read them or comment on em wise guy.

Btw you sooooooooo misquoted me up there I quoted the other post saying that Mustache is okay to shave while the beard is not okay to shave. Thats what i said regarding to the post i quoted. I see you twisted my words. Typical. Then a post after that I said it looks funny though (when people have no mustache but have a beard). Then the drama started and accusations were thrown here and there.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

well I guess I gotta quote you again and I must say I have quoted you as it is without deleting even a single syllable from your statements.

yup mustache is okay..its the beard thats not okay.
    In this statement you did not use the words 'to shave', so perhaps it was a genuine mistake and misunderstanding on my part as I did not notice or read the quoted text to which you were replying. And I dont come with a planned agenta of 'twisting' or distorting someone's statement, not even a kaffir's. So yes, my mistake in misreading and misunderstand your statement there for which I would say my apologies wholeheartedly and unconditionally

it looks really funny anyway when you have beard and no mustache
    Again this is a completely unedited quote.

And this statement from you has contributed to misreading and misunderstanding from my side, where you clearly stated that beard without moustache looks funny.

So when you are clearly saying in this statement that it looks funny, so if I or anyone misunderstands your previous statement then its not their fault.

Besides that, neither you nor anyone of your anti-tablighi brigade said not a single word to that fool who branded people as 'perverts, homosexuals and peodophiles.

And for what reasons did he use these perverted terminologies? Why? Because they practice something which is sunnah? And why didn't you or anyone of your anti-tablighi brigade say anything to him when hes using such disgusting terminologies against people who practice an authentic and highly established sunnah? Instead of saying anything to him, you contribute with him by saying "it looks funny".

Just because hes anti-tablighi and so you are, hence I guess for you and rest of your crew, it is fine whatever people say even tho if its against truth and insulting to the sacred practices of prophet.

Okay so now all the sufis team up and say that I am saying statements of kufr. ha If you dont give a damn about my veiws don't read them or comment on em wise guy.

Btw you sooooooooo misquoted me up there I quoted the other post saying that Mustache is okay to shave while the beard is not okay to shave. Thats what i said regarding to the post i quoted. I see you twisted my words. Typical. Then a post after that I said it looks funny though (when people have no mustache but have a beard). Then the drama started and accusations were thrown here and there.
    It was your job to clarify the statement like you have done here. By stating it clearly, so neither nor anyone of us would have had any misunderstandings.

And what has anything being discussed on this thread to do with "sufis"? Even Abu Musab has critisized you and neither hes tablgihi and I have the impression that hes away from sufis or sufism by miles.

The problem with you and the likes of you is, when you are critisized for something, you come up with the same lame line always, saying "sufis" givin hard time. When you have such an ignorant mentality that instead of using reasoning, u respond with senseless statements, (yes i would say senseless statement because you have shown that by making a 'looks funny' comment instead of slaping that fool for using perverted language against a sacred practice) then no wonder you or your brothers got a messed up knowledge about tablighis and their effort, based on which you and your crew brand them as sufis.

Funny thing is, sufi/barelwi people also brand tablighis as 'wahabis' lol. You lot push tablighis into sufi basket based on your warped understanding and knowledge. And sufi/barelwis put tablighis into 'wahabi' basket for same warped understanding like you have about tablighis.

Sincerity towards Allah and his Rasool, towards deen and akhirah demands a sincere and unbiased approach towards everything. Like sahaba had they were so sincere with the covenant towards Allah and his rasool that they were ready to kill their own father if they stood against Allah and his rasool. Infact, they did and I am sure you know about such sahaba who killed their own father in the battles because they stood against Allah and his Rasool. Because they stood against Haq.

Here, sincerity in this case, would demand you to dismiss that fools perverted comments (such as homosexuals and peodophiles ) with utmost disgust. However, I have NOT seen you or the likes of you, not a single anti-tablighi or non-tablighi brigade, criticizing him or telling him off. Not a single non-tablighi rejected his statement or told him off. To rub salt to the insult, you have contributed to it by making comments such as 'looks funny'

Hence, this time, please do me and also yourself a favor, read my reply carefully. Think over it. Ponder over it then reply back whether your approach in this was sincere or was it tee-total biased.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

Where's med? Didn't he have proof that Abu Hurayrah (RA) shaved mustache? There are many TJers who keep it, it is considered sunnah or closer to sunnah in Shafi'i madhab.
    Prior to this post from you, another user uses terminologies such as perverted, homosexuals and peodophiles towards a sunnah practice.

I did not see any critisizm from you. Nor did you say anything to him for making such a disgusting comment.

Calm down on the salafi bashing akhi.
    You made this comment to me when I gave a harsh reply that included several ahadith from bukhari and muslim.

Can people, especially those on a TJ line, please remember your adab. Have any of you ever sat with 'ulema of TJ? Do they ever use this kind of language?
    And here you again remind tablighis about adab. Why is that?

Do you think you have been sent as a warner into this world just to remind of adab ONLY to tablighis? And the rest of the muslims have license to use any language - free style, in anyway they can, including words such as homosexuals and peodophiles when refering it to a sunnah practice just because it is a practice followed mainly/mostly by tablighis? Yet theres no criticism from you. Is this a fair and unbiased approach?

Why do tablighis have to be careful of adab, when anti-tablighis literally butcher and slaughter them with their verbal abuses. And if tablighis react then they are reminded by the noble ones of this world about the adab.

Every action has an equal and opposite reactions. And, in this thread tablighis or pro tablighis have only reacted, if you know what I mean. Check all the messages in this thread and decide yourself whether tablighis or pro tablighis have initiated an attack or reacted to an attack on them.

So people who remind tablighis about adab, while ignoring anything and everything anti-tablighi brigade says, then to them my answer is: stick your advice where the sun doesn't shines because I do not pay any heed to any advice that comes from a biased person who has a biased approach.

Enough said I guess.

Wassalaam.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

Every action has an equal and opposite reactions. And, in this thread tablighis or pro tablighis have only reacted, if you know what I mean. Check all the messages in this thread and decide yourself whether tablighis or pro tablighis have initiated an attack or reacted to an attack on them.

So people who remind tablighis about adab, while ignoring anything and everything anti-tablighi brigade says, then to them my answer is: stick your advice where the sun doesn't shines because I do not pay any heed to any advice that comes from a biased person who has a biased approach.

Enough said I guess.

Wassalaam.
    What do you know about my approaches akhi?

The point is to show the people who are against tableegh by way of explanation what it is that TJ does and explain to them the proofs they have established for their actions.

Imo there is little point in arguing as it does little in terms of movement. Do you think someone's stance is going to be swayed by a person responding in a condescending manner?

I asked the question earlier whether any of you had sat with the 'ulema of TJ. Let me tell you about an incident which i know of...

Our country is mainly Shafi'i in madhab and there was a big 'aalim at a masjid (who is a hanafi). So a brother goes upto him and asks about whether he's hanafi etc. So he replies yes, and there's not much difference between the two and says something like bas sunnah. So the brother hearing this thinks it sounds familiar like an ahl-hadeeth/ salafi statement so he asks... Like Ahl al-hadeeth? So Mowlana shakes his head and they both agree that they follow madhab etc.

Later on the brother goes back to Mowlana, thinking he might have been misunderstood, and just wants to clarify so there's no bad feeling. When he does this Mowlana smiles and says why should i misunderstand... Conversation goes on, Mowlana then rubs the bro's chest and makes du'aa for him that ALLAH grants him good guidance and knowledge like Imam Ghazzali and the Aimmahs had... Hafidhahullah.

In this incident do you not the see the mercy and akhlaaq of Maulana Salahuddin (Hafidhahullah)? He was told me as being one of the pioneers of Da'wat tableegh in our country and supposed to have a big say in terms of Deen here... Look at the humility, the willingness to explain and how easily he forgave and overlooked a possible fault, all from a person on whose level if we were to stand i'd bet our head wouldn't even reach his lowest toe.

Brother, my advise was directed mainly at the TJ brothers because part of TJ teaches humility and khidmat (service i think) of others. Why do you think when you go on TJ they elect an ameer? You can be a billionaire and he could drive a rickshaw, but if he's the ameer then you're still under him and should report to him for permission and mashwara (shura)...

InshaALLAH forgive me if i was overly harsh, i hope i've now made things clearer.
    "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

calm down ladies. misunderstandings galore.

truepath/rashidD - you should know better. yr both mashaALLAH top bros. stop being so emotional and hug and make up.

kids **roll eyes**
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Facilitator View Post
    It takes more than that to be a salafi. salafis are rare, you cannot just brand it upon yourself, to be one you need to walk, talk, think, do, look etc (like the salaf did which was according to Quran and Sunnah). Love that which is better for us and to love it totally and obey completely, and to live like so is to gain the love of Allah swt. You should see it from a different angle that whatever Allah swt loves is what we should love, and we should be those who strive in upholding this blessing.
    Actually, a 'Salafee' is one that follows the Qur'aan and Sunnah as understood by the 'Salaf', which is, ironically, the way of the great Imaams....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just dont like the look of hair on the chin. Like just generally I dont like how a beard looks.

I know the Prophet had it and its a true struggle for the brothers to have a beard Mashaa Allah. I respect brothers with beards. Like I said I know brothers who dont like how it looks but despite of that grow one to be on the sunnah.
    This is a Sunnah that is Waajib. All great Imaams agree it should be grown and its sinful if one shaves it. The command is very clear:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him): Allaah's Apostle (peace be upon him) said, "Cut the moustaches short and leave the beard (as it is)." [(Agreed Upon); Saheeh Bukhaari, Volume 7, Book 72, Number 781; Saheeh Muslim, Book 002, Number 0498]

as for shaving the moustache, this is considered an innovation by Imaam Maalik: "This is a Bid'ah that has appeared among the people. My opinion is that a person who completely shaves his mustache should be punished." [al - Bayhaqee, 1:151; Classed as Saheeh by Sheikh al - Albaanee in 'Aadaab uz-zifaaf, p. 109]

As for the Salaf, they would cut it above the upper lip and Ibn Umar would trim until the whiteness of his skin was seen.

Generally speaking, its true that it may not 'suit' some brs, or some sisters may not like it. But think about it this way...(as Zakir naik explained), if it looks good ona br, he will get rewarded, if it doesnt look good, yet does it, he will get double reward!!

This is an analogy from this hadeeth

Narrated 'Aa'ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her): The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Such a person as recites the Quran and masters it by heart, will be with the noble righteous scribes (in Heaven). And such a person exerts himself to learn the Quran by heart, and recites it with great difficulty, will have a double reward." [Saheeh Bukhaari, Volume 6, Book 60, Number 459]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The ruling on Moustache

Muhammad ibn Adam
    Darul Iftaa
    Leicester, UK

Hmm...

Where does it say 'Remove'? has any1 seen this?

He claims that these great companions did it? Well here are the ahadeeth:

From Ibn Umar

Narrated Ibn 'Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him): Allaah's Apostle (peace be upon him) said, "Cut the moustaches short and leave the beard (as it is)." [(Agreed Upon); Saheeh Bukhaari, Volume 7, Book 72, Number 781; Saheeh Muslim, Book 002, Number 0498]

Ibn Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: "Trim closely the moustache, and let the beard grow." [Saheeh Muslim, Book 002, Number 0498]

From Aboo Hurayrah

Narrated Aboo Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) : I heard the Prophet (peace be upon him) saying. "Five practices are characteristics of the Fitra: circumcision, shaving the pubic hair, cutting the moustaches short, clipping the nails, and depilating the hair of the armpits." [ (Agreed Upon); Saheeh Bukhaari, Volume 7, Book 72, Number 779; Saheeh Muslim, Book 002, Number 0496]

And finally, Imaam Maalik said it was an innovation: Imaam Maalik: "This is a Bid'ah that has appeared among the people. My opinion is that a person who completely shaves his mustache should be punished." [al - Bayhaqee, 1:151; Classed as Saheeh by Sheikh al - Albaanee in 'Aadaab uz-zifaaf, p. 109]

If you all remember, Imaam Maalik was in Madinah and we know his connection with the great scholar Nafi, the salve of Ibn Umar.

Im not saying anything about the 'Mufti', but i find those claims of his highly suspicious.

Before you say i twisted anything or i made something up, you can feel free to show me were it says 'Remove' in any hadeeth of Saheeh Bukhaari and Saheeh Muslim.

There actually a hadeeth that Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) when he would get upset, he would twirl his moustache and sigh [see at - Tabaaraanee in al - Kaabir. Classed as Saheeh by Sheikh al - Albaanee in 'Aadaab uz-zifaaf, p. 209]

Ofcourse his moustache was not long, but thick and was above the lip-line, which is the practise reported from 5 sahabah [see at - Tabaaraanee . Classed as Hasan by Sheikh al - Albaanee in 'Aadaab uz-zifaaf, p. 209]

For more authentic proof, see http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/103623/

and Allaah knows best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

with regards to people who call 40 days bid'ah:

why is it that when you go to say madinah university... the courses are like 1, 2 or 3 years long? isn't that a bid'ah also?
    How can you compare seeking knowledge to what TJ does?

40 days is an innovation because many TJ , not all, claim it must be 40 days. This is not the way of the Salaf

Also, they claim they are going 'fisabilillah'. However, that word is only used in conjuction with one thing....Jihad!

Imam Anwar al - awlaki explains this, if i recall correctly.

Ibn Hajr said in Fath al-Baari 6/29: "…and by the phrase Feesabeelillah, Jihaad is implied"

Also, that book of yours has some weak narrations. However, so do many madhhaabs, so should we condemn them too? or should we correct their errors? are we all free from Error?

and Allaah knows best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
    calm down ladies. misunderstandings galore.

truepath/rashidD - you should know better. yr both mashaALLAH top bros. stop being so emotional and hug and make up.

kids **roll eyes**
    And if you cant, atleast follow this hadeeth:

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “I guarantee a house in the surroundings of Paradise for a man who avoids quarrelling even if he were in the right…” [ (Hasan) narrated it full in Sahih Al – Jami’ As – Saghir, Vol. 2, no. 1477]

Another great reward is described in the Prophet’s words: "Whoever controls his anger at the time when he has the means to act upon it, Allaah will call him before all of mankind on the Day of Resurrection, and will let him choose of the Hur al-’Iyn whoever he wants." (Reported by Abu Dawud, 4777, and others. It is classified as hasan in Saheeh al-Jaami, 6518)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1mran View Post
    And if you cant, atleast follow this hadeeth:

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “I guarantee a house in the surroundings of Paradise for a man who avoids quarrelling even if he were in the right… [ (Hasan) narrated it full in Sahih Al – Jami’ As – Saghir, Vol. 2, no. 1477]

Another great reward is described in the Prophet’s words: "Whoever controls his anger at the time when he has the means to act upon it, Allaah will call him before all of mankind on the Day of Resurrection, and will let him choose of the Hur al-’Iyn whoever he wants." (Reported by Abu Dawud, 4777, and others. It is classified as hasan in Saheeh al-Jaami, 6518)
    Allahi Akramak! for these ahadith. It was truly a gem and a reminder for me personally for the rest of my life inshaAllah!

I will try to add one of the two in my signature so it can be a reminder for my own self D:

What do you know about my approaches akhi?

The point is to show the people who are against tableegh by way of explanation what it is that TJ does and explain to them the proofs they have established for their actions.

Imo there is little point in arguing as it does little in terms of movement. Do you think someone's stance is going to be swayed by a person responding in a condescending manner?

I asked the question earlier whether any of you had sat with the 'ulema of TJ. Let me tell you about an incident which i know of...

Our country is mainly Shafi'i in madhab and there was a big 'aalim at a masjid (who is a hanafi). So a brother goes upto him and asks about whether he's hanafi etc. So he replies yes, and there's not much difference between the two and says something like bas sunnah. So the brother hearing this thinks it sounds familiar like an ahl-hadeeth/ salafi statement so he asks... Like Ahl al-hadeeth? So Mowlana shakes his head and they both agree that they follow madhab etc.

Later on the brother goes back to Mowlana, thinking he might have been misunderstood, and just wants to clarify so there's no bad feeling. When he does this Mowlana smiles and says why should i misunderstand... Conversation goes on, Mowlana then rubs the bro's chest and makes du'aa for him that ALLAH grants him good guidance and knowledge like Imam Ghazzali and the Aimmahs had... Hafidhahullah.

In this incident do you not the see the mercy and akhlaaq of Maulana Salahuddin (Hafidhahullah)? He was told me as being one of the pioneers of Da'wat tableegh in our country and supposed to have a big say in terms of Deen here... Look at the humility, the willingness to explain and how easily he forgave and overlooked a possible fault, all from a person on whose level if we were to stand i'd bet our head wouldn't even reach his lowest toe.

Brother, my advise was directed mainly at the TJ brothers because part of TJ teaches humility and khidmat (service i think) of others. Why do you think when you go on TJ they elect an ameer? You can be a billionaire and he could drive a rickshaw, but if he's the ameer then you're still under him and should report to him for permission and mashwara (shura)...

InshaALLAH forgive me if i was overly harsh, i hope i've now made things clearer.
    Brother Raashid,

There was nothing personal. It was just that i have had too much of this bashing of TJ by everyone without appreciating the good they have done which is clearly evident for everyone who is unbiased.

So, I know I admit I have over reacted and I shouldn't have done. My apologies.

May Allah bless every single person who makes effort with sincerity for the cause of His Deen. Ameen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sad to see that majority are not tableegis.