Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

View Poll Results: Are you part of the tabligh jamaat?

Voters
407. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

112 27.52%
  • No

263 64.62%
  • Not yet but i want to

32 7.86%
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Kamaa Tadeenu Tudaan Abu Mus'ab's Avatar
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Are you a Tablighi?

Disclaimer: By reading further you agree to abide by the terms and conditions, if you don't agree then click here now.

Okay so here's the deal, i'm busy with some research and needed some stats, so vote properly and honestly, jokers are not wanted, if you can't vote honestly then dont bother opening the thread, because i don't want my statistics to be messed because of immature people.

Now on to the topic, the question is, are you a tablighi? (i.e. are you part of the tabligh jamaat - so all you smart alecks can save your comments) it doesn't matter if you're a "permanent" member or not.

This thread is not for arguing or debates, if you want to argue then do it elsewhere.

That's all, now go on and vote, there's nothing to be shy about.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

Re: Are you a Tablighi?

Where's med? Didn't he have proof that Abu Hurayrah (RA) shaved mustache? There are many TJers who keep it, it is considered sunnah or closer to sunnah in Shafi'i madhab.
    "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RashidD View Post
    Where's med? Didn't he have proof that Abu Hurayrah (RA) shaved mustache? There are many TJers who keep it, it is considered sunnah or closer to sunnah in Shafi'i madhab.
    yup mustache is okay..its the beard thats not okay.
    Surat Al-An'am verse 26: Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee; they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RashidD View Post
    The only hadith I have ever read on the subject was 'Grow your beard and trim your moustache'. It seems that many people these days don't know the different between trim and shave. They are two seperate things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeeKee View Post
    my dads one of hafidh patels right hand men i love tabligh....come from a strict TJ family but researched long & hard on it and i LOVE it.
    whats your dads name ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saadet View Post
    The only hadith I have ever read on the subject was 'Grow your beard and trim your moustache'. It seems that many people these days don't know the different between trim and shave. They are two seperate things.
    it looks really funny anyway when you have beard and no mustache
    Surat Al-An'am verse 26: Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee; they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by perfectpearl View Post
    It looks even more funnier moustache and no beard...

SUFI HANAFI
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8563 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saadet View Post
    Depends how you look at it. Shaving could simply mean trimming it down to the skin. On the other hand, if you're talking about trimming, at which point to you start to trim i.e. how long does the 'tache have to be before you cut it back?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

You display a perfect example of salaf when you find sunnah of prophet 'funny' and side a loser who mocks the sunnah of rasool and his sahaba.

Demonstration of jahaalah at its best yet claiming to be from among the righteous people and on the ninth cloud.

If you are ignorant of a subject then atleast try to investigate and find out more about the issue instead of siding a prick who mocks the sunnah. For you dont even know what you are doing cuz of your senseless hatred towards a certain group of people who has done no harm to you or anyone like you, neither phyisically nor financially or even spiritually.
    Last edited by truepath; 26-08-08 at 04:57 AM.
    لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

well said Truepath.

http://www.islam.tc/beard/beard.html

EDIT: sorry zaitoon i would rather not post any names on a public forum.
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

nope...dont want my parents to worry for 40 days - why 40... i dunno maybe ask umm well you cant find it in a strong hadith.
    maybe you'd be interested in reading the thread i posted on chillah (going out for 40 days).
    -
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well said Truepath.

http://www.islam.tc/beard/beard.html

EDIT: sorry zaitoon i would rather not post any names on a public forum.
    No problem ,my bad for asking here anyway .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truepath View Post
    You display a perfect example of salaf when you find sunnah of prophet 'funny' and side a loser who mocks the sunnah of rasool and his sahaba.

Demonstration of jahaalah at its best yet claiming to be from among the righteous people and on the ninth cloud.

If you are ignorant of a subject then atleast try to investigate and find out more about the issue instead of siding a prick who mocks the sunnah. For you dont even know what you are doing cuz of your senseless hatred towards a certain group of people who has done no harm to you or anyone like you, neither phyisically nor financially or even spiritually.
    Lol this this guy did i ever ever say it has to do with religion! I am guessing you also have a beard with no mustache....- ITS MY OPINION and I say it LOOKS BAD! You dont have to get all sufi over me. Its my preference - live with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

maybe you'd be interested in reading the thread i posted on chillah (going out for 40 days).
    -
    na

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

zaitoon; no worries!

perfectpearl- if you read it, at least you can understand just why the ulama stress on chillah. i mean, earlier on in this thread you were saying theres no evidence or whatever in hadith so.....
    anyway

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

Lol this this guy did i ever ever say it has to do with religion! I am guessing you also have a beard with no mustache....- ITS MY OPINION and I say it LOOKS BAD! You dont have to get all sufi over me. Its my preference - live with it.
    The traits of a jaahil and a fool is, when truth is spoken to them, rather than respecting the truth they attach themselves to their whimsical desires by labeling anything and everything as "sufi" even when it is HAQQ.

You really think I got peed off cuz I practice it? Allah is my witness, certainly not, this is nothing compared to what I have faced and have gone thru in my real life..... I dont give a ****e to what people say but I DO get peed of when disbelievers and ignorant believers mock the sunnah of prophet. Especially such fools who think they are on the righteous path but at the same time display highest form of jahaalah and when they are corrected, they show further arrogance rather than accepting the mistake. It is BLASPHEMY to laugh or find sunnah of nabi as 'funny'. Go and speak to your salafi scholars whether my statement regarding blasphemy is correct or not. Perhaps to be on safe side you recite kalima to urself.

I wonder which scholar taught you that growing beard and trimming moustache is a 'sufi act'.

You a so called "salafi" right?
    One who wholeheartedly accepts hadith of bukhari and muslim. So read on.....

1) Imam Bukhari (Rahimahullaah) reports on the authority of Imam Nafi' [ra] who narrates from Sayyiduna Abdullah ibn Umar, Radi-Allahu anhu, that Rasulullah said, 'Oppose the Mushrikeen (polytheists); lengthen the beards and trim the moustaches.'

2) When the two messengers of Kisra (Khusru - the Persian King) came to Rasulullah , they had long moustaches and shaved beards. Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam turned his face away in disgust and asked them, 'Who commanded you to do this (despicable deed)?' They replied, 'Our Lord, (i.e. King)' At this, Rasulullah mentioned, 'But my Lord has commanded me to lengthen my beard and shorten my moustache.' (Tabaqaat ibn Sa'ad vol.1 pg.147; Taareekh Tabari vol.2 pg.267-266; Bidaaya wan Nihaaya)

(3) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) says: "Trim closely the moustache, and let the beard flow (Grow)." - Narrated Ibn Umar (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 498

(4) "Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) ordered us to trim the moustache closely and spare the beard" says Ibn Umar. - Muslim, Hadith no. 449

(5) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam)said: "Act against contrary to the polythesists, trim closely the moustache and grow the beard." - Reported by Ibn Umar (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 500

(6) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said "Trim closely the moustache and grow the beard."
    - Reported by Abu Hurairah (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 501

This is the problem with you so called salafi claimants. Anything that goes against your nafs you label it as sufi.

Not one but I have shown 6 different ahadith that too from bukhari and muslim, the books that you lot dont deny. Hope this steams into your brain that it was the command of the prophet that its sunnah and not a sufi trait.

And ya one who doesn't respects an action of my nabi, I have no respect for that person that I talk to them in a polite manner. I must be sufi innit for being so crazy of the actions of nabi (SAWS).

So, next time think twice before you show your intellect on issues which yo u are not aware of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi

Can you tell me what it is..?

Thankoo.
    *Pokes everyone in the eye with a carrot*
    Muslim Business Directory

Watch ALL Muslim TV Channels here:
    Al Jazeera Live Press TV Islam Channel Peace TV Al Huda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

salam sis-

firstly, the word Tabligh means to give dawah, to propagate the deen.
    The Tablighi jamaat is a vast number of Muslims all over the world who teach Islam to those who don't know, who propagate the deen by going TO Muslims to teach them, and learn, and do good deeds. The workers of tabligh are all over the world, whilst they are a majority of asians, there are also many Arabs from all around the mid east, somalians, converts, people of all backgrounds doing this noble work. people have labelled the Tablighi jamaat as a sect, but in reality it is no such thing. tabligh is a fardh upon every Muslim, and every muslim does tabligh at least once in his/her lifetime so looking at it, we can ALL be called tablighis. women are also involved in this noble endeavour.

i'm going to post some links that'll give you more of an insight
    http://www28.brinkster.com/mushrf/070104/TFAZAIM.htm
    http://www31.brinkster,com.ak4thanvi/1001004/14.html
    http://www.islam.co.za/tabligh1.html
    http://www.stanford.edu/group/SHR/5-1/text/metcalf.html
    http://ekhlas.wordpress.com/tabligh/

if you have any other questions, feel free to send me a PM^^

muftimenk.blogspot.com bhatti00's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

zaitoon; no worries!

perfectpearl- if you read it, at least you can understand just why the ulama stress on chillah. i mean, earlier on in this thread you were saying theres no evidence or whatever in hadith so.....
    anyway
    the rule is 40 for alot of things

for example if you want to give up a bad habbit then refrain from it for 40 days and i.a. u will give it up.

worth a try perfectperl (not that im saying u have a bad habbit)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The traits of a jaahil and a fool is, when truth is spoken to them, rather than respecting the truth they attach themselves to their whimsical desires by labeling anything and everything as "sufi" even when it is HAQQ.

You really think I got peed off cuz I practice it? Allah is my witness, certainly not, this is nothing compared to what I have faced and have gone thru in my real life..... I dont give a ****e to what people say but I DO get peed of when disbelievers and ignorant believers mock the sunnah of prophet. Especially such fools who think they are on the righteous path but at the same time display highest form of jahaalah and when they are corrected, they show further arrogance rather than accepting the mistake. It is BLASPHEMY to laugh or find sunnah of nabi as 'funny'. Go and speak to your salafi scholars whether my statement regarding blasphemy is correct or not. Perhaps to be on safe side you recite kalima to urself.

I wonder which scholar taught you that growing beard and trimming moustache is a 'sufi act'.

1) Imam Bukhari (Rahimahullaah) reports on the authority of Imam Nafi' [ra] who narrates from Sayyiduna Abdullah ibn Umar, Radi-Allahu anhu, that Rasulullah said, 'Oppose the Mushrikeen (polytheists); lengthen the beards and trim the moustaches.'

2) When the two messengers of Kisra (Khusru - the Persian King) came to Rasulullah , they had long moustaches and shaved beards. Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam turned his face away in disgust and asked them, 'Who commanded you to do this (despicable deed)?' They replied, 'Our Lord, (i.e. King)' At this, Rasulullah mentioned, 'But my Lord has commanded me to lengthen my beard and shorten my moustache.' (Tabaqaat ibn Sa'ad vol.1 pg.147; Taareekh Tabari vol.2 pg.267-266; Bidaaya wan Nihaaya)

(3) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) says: "Trim closely the moustache, and let the beard flow (Grow)." - Narrated Ibn Umar (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 498

(4) "Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) ordered us to trim the moustache closely and spare the beard" says Ibn Umar. - Muslim, Hadith no. 449

(5) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam)said: "Act against contrary to the polythesists, trim closely the moustache and grow the beard." - Reported by Ibn Umar (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 500

(6) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said "Trim closely the moustache and grow the beard."

This is the problem with you so called salafi claimants. Anything that goes against your nafs you label it as sufi.

Not one but I have shown 6 different ahadith that too from bukhari and muslim, the books that you lot dont deny. Hope this steams into your brain that it was the command of the prophet that its sunnah and not a sufi trait.

And ya one who doesn't respects an action of my nabi, I have no respect for that person that I talk to them in a polite manner. I must be sufi innit for being so crazy of the actions of nabi (SAWS).

So, next time think twice before you show your intellect on issues which yo u are not aware of.
    You are totally misunderstanding me. I never said it looks weird when its trimmed. When its not there AT ALL it looks weird! I am not putting sunnah or religion into it at all. Personal preference is not the same as desires. I dont like how the beard looks- personally i dont feel comfortable with a perspective that doesnt have a beard. I think its a total put off to not have a beard but still i dont like how it looks.

Just to get this clear- i am not a perfect Muslim as we all are not. We all have mistakes. I try to the best to follow the salaf. I do mistakes so you dont have to attack the salafis because even if that was a mistake, dont take me as an example. I never said it had anything to do with religion anyway. Dont take chances to find a wrong in salafis. Its me thats wrong, not the salafis. Dont be fast to judge. I do respect the nabi as i try to follow His sunnah CORRECTLY- so dont get all i am all bad for doing this and that on me.

Anyway you are totally misunderstanding me. I agree with all these ahadith. All i said was it looked weird when someone shaves their mustache and leaves the beard. Nothing wrong with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

zaitoon; no worries!

anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by bhatti00 View Post
    the rule is 40 for alot of things

for example if you want to give up a bad habbit then refrain from it for 40 days and i.a. u will give it up.

worth a try perfectperl (not that im saying u have a bad habbit)

My brothers left the tabligh because of their bidah. I read on the 40 ahdaith before. Just like I said - not good daleels. Maybe you should search it yourself. I know the two sides. Ones weak and ones strong. Iv already experienced it. Maybe you guys should too.

Resident Optometrist $HugoBoss$'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nope and never will be.
    Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

Calm down on the salafi bashing akhi.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

What bid'ah do tabligh do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

we do not do Bid'ah, we condemn bid'ah. to the point that mufti gangohi even issued a fatawa that to celebrate maulud an nabi is haram because of the bid'ah people involve in it.
    Last edited by KeeKee; 27-08-08 at 11:20 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

You mean condemn bid'ah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

My brothers left the tabligh because of their bidah. I read on the 40 ahdaith before. Just like I said - not good daleels. Maybe you should search it yourself. I know the two sides. Ones weak and ones strong. Iv already experienced it. Maybe you guys should too.
    guess your brothers just didn't get it.

hey don't make assumptions so fast; i come from a tablighi family but i researched it thoroughly, and i know 'both' sides. the only bid'ah people can come out with is the reading of fadhail e amaal and substantial refutations have been given; and if someone wants to reject it based solely on their individual experience....then so be it. it doesn't affect the noble endeavour of Tabligh, and alhamdulillah all around the world through this work People have come to Islam, have come BACK to Islam. become deeni etc. so reject and laugh at it all anyone likes; the blessed efforts and therefore effects of this work is clear for those who want to see, see.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

why do so many tablighis use ahadith about jihad and make out as if its talking about tableegh ? when infact the hadith is clearly talking about fighting in the path of Allah and its reward....NOT about tabligh

And also many of these Tablighis have hatred for other kind of muslims...then they talk about ikramul muslimeen !!

having said this there isnt anything wrong with their objectives and the work they do. its just that there are many narrow minded people amongst them whoe give tabligh a bad name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

those of us who are Tablighi and know what Tablighi means, do not have h8red for other Muslims. my family and many many others i know may not agree with certain people (i.e brelwi) but are always respectful towards them and polite, and have no h8red.
    we do not use ahadith about jihad and make out out as if its talking about tabligh; we stress on jihad an nafs, jihad within ones self.

also, just as with every other kinds of Muslims, we have a few bad eggs that give us a bad name. but just as those bad eggs do not determine how the entire people are, neither does it in this case. (kind of.....mixed up, but hope i got my point across).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MWarrior View Post
    why do so many tablighis use ahadith about jihad and make out as if its talking about tableegh ? when infact the hadith is clearly talking about fighting in the path of Allah and its reward....NOT about tabligh

And also many of these Tablighis have hatred for other kind of muslims...then they talk about ikramul muslimeen !!

having said this there isnt anything wrong with their objectives and the work they do. its just that there are many narrow minded people amongst them whoe give tabligh a bad name.
    What was the main aim or maqsad of sahaba to fight any battle other than tabligh and dawah? In fact they had to fight only cuz kuffar would either not accept their dawah nor let them go forward to spread dawah to others. Thats why they fought and waged jihad to spread deen THROUGH dawah. There is no other reason for which sahaba fought any single war. NOT FOR LAND Or any other purpose.

Try understanding ahadith thru Ulama not by urself to get a proper understanding. And thru proper scholars by personally sitting in their blessed company.

Not thru internet scholars and tv channel scholars.

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

with regards to people who call 40 days bid'ah:

why is it that when you go to say madinah university... the courses are like 1, 2 or 3 years long? isn't that a bid'ah also?
    Take a step into our unique Muslim Montessori school:
    http://campaign.justgiving.com/…/a-…/buildalamiyahschool2015

Donate your sadaqah to help build a Model School for all our children.
    Please watch our school appeal: https://youtu.be/SY819jmCbzw

Text SCHL15 followed by £10 to 70070 and make a difference.
    Please forward this message to help turn this vision into a reality.

The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MWarrior View Post

To an extent i've also found that regarding the jihaadi hadith (crude term, sorry)
    but it's not that bad. I had the whole "feesabilillah" clarified by an ustaad.

Tableeghis are bad to other muslims? Maybe the awwam... Just like some awwam from the other minhaj/ groups/ whatever can be a bit rough... But otherwise they are generally ok in terms of kindness.

There was this issue which i was discussing with someone whereby he mentioned he also found the mashoora of not differentiating between TJers and non-TJers is not reaching/ not being implemented by the awwam (In the sense some of them have the, you're either in the fold or out sort of mentality)

Also, some people have come to Deen/ back to Deen through TJ work and they become fully immersed in it and it becomes sorta like all they know. Show tolerance towards them inshaALLAH (I know it can be a bit rough at times) but understand that all the good they do probably inshaALLAH should be enough for us to give them some room.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seven View Post
    with regards to people who call 40 days bid'ah:

why is it that when you go to say madinah university... the courses are like 1, 2 or 3 years long? isn't that a bid'ah also?

The 40 days is not strict either... You can come back earlier if there's a need or something inshaALLAH...

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

i don't think there are any other group that comes close to what TJ have achieved for the sake of deen.

the difference is TJ's keep a low profile of their efforts.

The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

What do you mean by low profile?

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

they don't publicise themselves

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Abdur Rahman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i got this in an email........

Shaykh Ibn Utheymen on the Tablighi Jamat
    Asslamu Allaikum,

Question: I have started to become committed recently, praise be to Allaah. In our area there is the Jamaa?at al-Tableegh, who go out for thirty days or more. People say different things about them. Some say, don't go out with them, because their going out is an innovation (bidah) and they have some mistaken ideas. Others advised me to go out with them. What is the correct view concerning that? Should I go out with them or not?.

Answer: Praise be to Allaah. We have already discussed this group and some of their pros and cons.

Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about that and he said:

Usually in every issue there are two extremes and a middle way. Some people praise this group a great deal and encourage going out with them; others condemn them a great deal and warn against them more than they would warn you about a lion. And some people tread a middle path between those two extremes.

I think that there is some good in this group; they call others to Islam and have a clear influence that no other daaiyahs have had. Many kaafirs have become believers at their hands, and many evildoers has Allaah guided through them.

Moreover they have an attitude of humility and selflessness that is not found in many others.

Some people say that they have no knowledge of hadeeth, and so on.

They are undoubtedly good people, but I think that those of them who are in Saudi do not go to Pakistan or other countries, and we do not know anything about the aqeedah of those people (in other countries) or their manhaj (methodology). But there is nothing wrong with the manhaj followed by our companions here in Saudi.

With regard to limiting dawah to three or four days, or to two or four or six months, or two years, there is no shari evidence for that. But they think that this has to do with organization (of groups). If a person goes out for three days, and knows that he is limited to these three days, he will focus his mind and forget about worldly matters. This is the matter of organization, and is not an act of worship or a matter of shareeah.

I think, may Allaah bless you, that if you have the opportunity to seek knowledge then it is better to do that, because seeking knowledge is good and the people nowadays have a great need for scholars who have knowledge of the Sunnah and who are well-versed in knowledge. If you are not able to seek knowledge, and you go out with them in order to purify yourself, there is nothing wrong with that. There are many people whom Allaah has guided at their hands.
    Al-Baab al-Maftooh, no. 10, P. 304.

And Allaah is the Source of strength
    Sh Ibn Utheymen on the tablighi jammat

i've been to a ijtimaa once for three dayz but besides that never went on tabligh. i have nothing against the brotherz though.
    Allâh will not leave the believers in the state in which you are now, until He distinguishes the wicked from the good.

Al Jazeera Press TV Islam Channel Peace TV Al Huda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Umer Bin Khatab View Post
    i got this in an email........

Shaykh Ibn Utheymen on the Tablighi Jamat
    Asslamu Allaikum,

Question: I have started to become committed recently, praise be to Allaah. In our area there is the Jamaa?at al-Tableegh, who go out for thirty days or more. People say different things about them. Some say, don't go out with them, because their going out is an innovation (bidah) and they have some mistaken ideas. Others advised me to go out with them. What is the correct view concerning that? Should I go out with them or not?.

Answer: Praise be to Allaah. We have already discussed this group and some of their pros and cons.

Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about that and he said:

Usually in every issue there are two extremes and a middle way. Some people praise this group a great deal and encourage going out with them; others condemn them a great deal and warn against them more than they would warn you about a lion. And some people tread a middle path between those two extremes.

I think that there is some good in this group; they call others to Islam and have a clear influence that no other daaiyahs have had. Many kaafirs have become believers at their hands, and many evildoers has Allaah guided through them.

Moreover they have an attitude of humility and selflessness that is not found in many others.

Some people say that they have no knowledge of hadeeth, and so on.

They are undoubtedly good people, but I think that those of them who are in Saudi do not go to Pakistan or other countries, and we do not know anything about the aqeedah of those people (in other countries) or their manhaj (methodology). But there is nothing wrong with the manhaj followed by our companions here in Saudi.

With regard to limiting dawah to three or four days, or to two or four or six months, or two years, there is no shari evidence for that. But they think that this has to do with organization (of groups). If a person goes out for three days, and knows that he is limited to these three days, he will focus his mind and forget about worldly matters. This is the matter of organization, and is not an act of worship or a matter of shareeah.

I think, may Allaah bless you, that if you have the opportunity to seek knowledge then it is better to do that, because seeking knowledge is good and the people nowadays have a great need for scholars who have knowledge of the Sunnah and who are well-versed in knowledge. If you are not able to seek knowledge, and you go out with them in order to purify yourself, there is nothing wrong with that. There are many people whom Allaah has guided at their hands.
    Al-Baab al-Maftooh, no. 10, P. 304.

And Allaah is the Source of strength
    Sh Ibn Utheymen on the tablighi jammat

i've been to a ijtimaa once for three dayz but besides that never went on tabligh. i have nothing against the brotherz though.
    wots ijtimaa? sorry i dnt know

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

And I have scanned PDF files of fatwas in arabic language from Shaykh Bin Baaz and Shaykh Uthaimin along with complete stamps of univerisities in which they were authority to prove its authenticity.

And I can say for sure that they did not stop people or discouraged people from going in jamaat or from spending time in tabligh in the way like some of the fatwas are portrayed/attributed to these scholars thru emails and internet websites like triod.org or spubs.com

Abdur Rahman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

it is like a conference..maybe someone can explain it better. They had different speakers and ulema from subcontinent come in and they gave out speeches.
    Allâh will not leave the believers in the state in which you are now, until He distinguishes the wicked from the good.

Al Jazeera Press TV Islam Channel Peace TV Al Huda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Umer Bin Khatab View Post
    it is like a conference..maybe someone can explain it better. They had different speakers and ulema from subcontinent come in and they gave out speeches.
    ok jzk