Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Results 1 to 37 of 37
  1. #1
    smile_2008
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    7

    can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    can a man marry without the permisson of his wife if thay living seperateds is it permissable in islam or he needs permission first.
    because to avoid sins and can he hide from his wife.please give me advice what islam says about this not jokes be sensible please.

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    a man can marry without his wifes permission in the first place whether he is living with her or not.she (ur first wife) does not hav 2 give u consent 2 marry another wife.you dont even need a reason to marry a second wife so if you wanna marry one your allowed!

  3. #3
    Keeping it real! sis_niqabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    6,672
    Rep Power
    94

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    The first wife’s approval is not a condition for marrying a second wife

    Question:
    My question is if you would help me to know the Hadith or the point of vieuw from the Islamic law on the follwing situation.
    If a woman is married to a man and that this man is also married to an other woman without her, the last, knows about this marriage.
    No need to say that this is a difficult and very exceptional situation but seems the best concerning the circumstances?

    Answer:
    Praise be to Allaah.

    The wife’s approval is not a condition for plural marriage, and it is not obligatory for the husband to have the approval of his first wife if he wants to marry a second wife. But it is good manners and kind treatment to approach the issue in such a way as to reduce the pain which women naturally feel in such cases, by smiling at her, greeting her warmly, speaking nicely to her and spending money on her according to his means, in order to gain her approval. Fataawa Islamiyyah, 3/204.

    If a husband takes a second wife, he has to treat his wives equally as far as possible. If he does not treat them equally then he is exposing himself to a stern warning, for it was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever has two wives and inclines more towards one of them than the other, will come on the Day of Resurrection with half of his body leaning.” (narrated by al-Nisaa’i, ‘Ushrat al-Nisaa’, 3881; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Sunan al-Nasaa’i, no. 3682).

    When Allaah permitted us to marry more than one woman, He said (interpretation of the meaning):

    “but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one or (slaves) that your right hands possess. That is nearer to prevent you from doing injustice”[al-Nisaa’ 4:3]

    So Allaah commands that a man should restrict himself to one wife, if he knows that he cannot be just. And Allaah is the source of strength.

    See Fataawa Manaar al-Islam, 2/570.

    Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
    http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=12544&ln=eng
    Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.”
    (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

  4. #4
    Rab-e-Zidni-Ilma Qiyas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    7,360
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    . You don't have to ask your wife's permission, however:

    Marrying more than one woman isn't for fun. You have to have a valid Islamic reason in order to marry again. And, you have to treat them equally in every single way.

    Also, it would be advisable (not compulsory) to discuss this with your first wife in order not to create any problems.



    "Yaa Allah grant me victory, or make me die Shaheed"

    Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.
    (surah al-anfal v.30)

  5. #5
    Keeping it real! sis_niqabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    6,672
    Rep Power
    94

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Salam

    also if you had put in the marriage contract that he will not take a 2nd wife. then he has to ask you permission if he wants to take a 2nd wife
    Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.”
    (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

  6. #6
    Odan Umm_Hanzalah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    7,458
    Rep Power
    110

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    You don't need her permission.

    But, I think that it is out of manners that you at least inform her that you are about to get married to a second. But it also depends on your culture, if it's the done thing that you marry without even informing her then I guess it's ok, you can always tell her later. But in other cultures where it is not the norm it is wise to inform (and generally be more considerate).

    I can't understand why any Allah fearing wife would want to put anything in the marriage contract that forbids her husband from taking another wife. Allah has allowed it.
    Last edited by Umm_Hanzalah; 03-02-08 at 10:52 AM.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    to QIYAS: a man does not need a valid reason 2 marry. if he wakes up one day and feels like marrying a second wife he can under the condition that he must treat them EQUALLY. my point here is that there are no specific reasons that a man must have 4 him to marry.

  8. #8
    pariah *asiya*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    47,846
    Rep Power
    1124

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Quote Originally Posted by Qiyas View Post
    . You don't have to ask your wife's permission, however:

    Marrying more than one woman isn't for fun. You have to have a valid Islamic reason in order to marry again. And, you have to treat them equally in every single way.

    Also, it would be advisable (not compulsory) to discuss this with your first wife in order not to create any problems.




    no u dont need your wives permission to marry again, but it would be good manners to tell her that. a man doesnt need a "valid reason" there is nothing in Islam called a "valid reason" to marry again, some people try to make this an excuse and condition ie: they say first wife cant have children or is ill or cant give him his intimate right, or is infirm etc. but there is no daleel to support that claim and the fact is that hes free to marry again even if he doesnt have a specific reason, but yes he must be able to afford to support them all and treat them equally in every way.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

    The Prophet said:

    "Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

    muslim

    Narrated 'Abdullah:

    The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari


    "Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

    By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

    [Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]


  9. #9
    Rab-e-Zidni-Ilma Qiyas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    7,360
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Quote Originally Posted by `asiya View Post
    some people try to make this an excuse and condition ie: they say first wife cant have children or is ill
    See, this is what I have a problem with (not you Ukhti lol). When we were young and going to a Maulvi to learn Qur'an etc, we were told that very thing. Obviously at that age, you never dream that a maulvi will get things wrong, so you never question certain things. When you grow older you just take certain things for granted as you've had no need to question them...

    So a man doesn't have to have a reason ? hmm....

    Well Ukhti for correcting me.

    "Yaa Allah grant me victory, or make me die Shaheed"

    Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.
    (surah al-anfal v.30)

  10. #10
    Odan Neurostyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    1,696
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    No, you can't write in the contract that your husband can't marry a 2nd wife. You can however write in that you will require a divorce should he do so.

  11. #11
    The spice must flow Arrakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,359
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Quote Originally Posted by Qiyas View Post

    So a man doesn't have to have a reason ? hmm....
    Men pretty much have a carte blanche.
    Freedom has a thousand charms to show,
    That slaves, howe'er contented, never know.
    -William Cowper

  12. #12
    Formarly Noor_Usman Umm Farooq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    603
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Quote Originally Posted by sis_niqabi View Post
    Salam

    also if you had put in the marriage contract that he will not take a 2nd wife. then he has to ask you permission if he wants to take a 2nd wife
    Asalamalikum.

    As has already been said, it is a man's right to have more than one wife. Only Allah has to power to limit and/or forbid things and he has only limited the number of wives at one time to 4 for a man. He has also stated several times that all women must be treated equally. There are several Islamic reasons why a man would want to take more than one wife - but admittedly some do it just because they care for more than one woman But I believe it is said somewhere that it is better to take another wife rather than make her a mistress

    It is good manners to speak to the first wife regarding this - even if it is just to advise her you are about to get married. A lot of these marriages go wrong because the wife has not been told WHY he wants to marry again. Even if it's just "because Islam allows it" at least that's some kind of answer for her
    But her permission is not needed and there certainly should be nothing in the marriage contract stating that he can not marry again as this is against Allah's decree and thus completely against Islamic teachings. I have heard of this happening even when we are talking about kings in supposedly Muslim countries! Disgusting!
    Bismillâh ir-Rahmân ir-Rahîm
    Qul huwa Allâhu ahad
    Allâhus-samad
    Lam yalid wa lam yűlad
    Wa lam yakul-la-hű kufu-wan ahad
    - *[Mabrook, you just earned blessings by reading my sig ]*

  13. #13
    Tiny Honey87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,515
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    A man does not need permission from his wife before he marries another. However, he must not be deceptive and as sis Asiya said, it would be good manners to tell his first wife.

    I personally think a good muslim man would tell his wife, as without a doubt, if he doesn't tell her, it may cause him to lie to her at times, which ofcourse is not acceptable.
    "Ask the people of remembrance if you do not know" - Surah Anbiya, 7

  14. #14
    Tiny Honey87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,515
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Quote Originally Posted by Qiyas View Post
    See, this is what I have a problem with (not you Ukhti lol). When we were young and going to a Maulvi to learn Qur'an etc, we were told that very thing. Obviously at that age, you never dream that a maulvi will get things wrong, so you never question certain things. When you grow older you just take certain things for granted as you've had no need to question them...

    So a man doesn't have to have a reason ? hmm....

    Well Ukhti for correcting me.

    no, but he must realise the big responsibility that comes with it.
    "Ask the people of remembrance if you do not know" - Surah Anbiya, 7

  15. #15
    Banned Kal-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    9,648
    Rep Power
    55

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Yeah but most don't tell their wives because they would get divorced, whether they had a valid reason or not, and the husbands - although need/want another - do not want to lose their first wife.

    Imagine a Muslim man had 4 wives, and they didn't know about this. And when they knew, they all divorced him Ouch
    If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

    Mr President, You Are Wrong

  16. #16
    Tiny Honey87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,515
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
    Yeah but most don't tell their wives because they would get divorced, whether they had a valid reason or not, and the husbands - although need/want another - do not want to lose their first wife.

    Imagine a Muslim man had 4 wives, and they didn't know about this. And when they knew, they all divorced him Ouch

    Well, if he was upfront and honest about it in the first place...
    "Ask the people of remembrance if you do not know" - Surah Anbiya, 7

  17. #17
    Banned Kal-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    9,648
    Rep Power
    55

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Quote Originally Posted by Honey87 View Post
    Well, if he was upfront and honest about it in the first place...
    Then he might be asked for a divorce right there and then..

    But I agree. Brothers should tell their wives what they're about to do, before they do it.
    If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

    Mr President, You Are Wrong

  18. #18
    Odan abood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    3,507
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Quote Originally Posted by sis_niqabi View Post
    The first wife’s approval is not a condition for marrying a second wife

    Question:
    My question is if you would help me to know the Hadith or the point of vieuw from the Islamic law on the follwing situation.
    If a woman is married to a man and that this man is also married to an other woman without her, the last, knows about this marriage.
    No need to say that this is a difficult and very exceptional situation but seems the best concerning the circumstances?

    Answer:
    Praise be to Allaah.

    The wife’s approval is not a condition for plural marriage, and it is not obligatory for the husband to have the approval of his first wife if he wants to marry a second wife. But it is good manners and kind treatment to approach the issue in such a way as to reduce the pain which women naturally feel in such cases, by smiling at her, greeting her warmly, speaking nicely to her and spending money on her according to his means, in order to gain her approval. Fataawa Islamiyyah, 3/204.

    If a husband takes a second wife, he has to treat his wives equally as far as possible. If he does not treat them equally then he is exposing himself to a stern warning, for it was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever has two wives and inclines more towards one of them than the other, will come on the Day of Resurrection with half of his body leaning.” (narrated by al-Nisaa’i, ‘Ushrat al-Nisaa’, 3881; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Sunan al-Nasaa’i, no. 3682).

    When Allaah permitted us to marry more than one woman, He said (interpretation of the meaning):

    “but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one or (slaves) that your right hands possess. That is nearer to prevent you from doing injustice”[al-Nisaa’ 4:3]

    So Allaah commands that a man should restrict himself to one wife, if he knows that he cannot be just. And Allaah is the source of strength.

    See Fataawa Manaar al-Islam, 2/570.

    Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
    http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=12544&ln=eng
    assalam alaikum

    jazakALLAH alf khair sister

    what you have posted is true ALHAMDULILLAH

    WASSALAM

    your sister in islam

  19. #19
    Senior Member neelu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    8,217
    Rep Power
    211

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Yes a man does not need the permission of his other wife/wives to get married again, but he would be a fool to get married without consulting or informing a) his first wife that he has the intention of marrying again and b) telling the second fiance that he already has another wife. Any marriage that involves deception in such a crucial aspect of the relationship already has a shaky foundation.

  20. #20
    Odan Neurostyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    1,696
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    The question is a bit like asking - do I need permission to walk the wrong way on a escalator at rush hour.. 'no, but you'll **** a few people off'

  21. #21
    Odan
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,661
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Quote Originally Posted by Honey87 View Post
    A man does not need permission from his wife before he marries another. However, he must not be deceptive and as sis Asiya said, it would be good manners to tell his first wife.

    I personally think a good muslim man would tell his wife, as without a doubt, if he doesn't tell her, it may cause him to lie to her at times, which ofcourse is not acceptable.
    If a man took a second wife into the household without approval from the first wife, surely it would cause alot of ill feeling between the wives? The new wifes life could become intolerable.
    "Lord I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed".

  22. #22
    Tiny Honey87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,515
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Quote Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
    If a man took a second wife into the household without approval from the first wife, surely it would cause alot of ill feeling between the wives? The new wifes life could become intolerable.
    yup, or even the old wife. As much as people say it's a Muslim man's right, it carries a HUGE responsibility.

    He has to provide separate living quarters for the wives.
    "Ask the people of remembrance if you do not know" - Surah Anbiya, 7

  23. #23
    穆斯林-姐妹 PiElle2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    3,755
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    yup it is true that the husband does not need to tell previous wife about other wive/s... however, at the same breath, muslims are encouraged to announce their nikkah and celebrate with walimah...

    do you know what might be one of the severe concequences of not announcing the nikkah, which is happening very commong nowadays...?

    the offsprings of different wives getting married and having illegitate children without knowing the truth... that's how severe the situation and the crime can be for men who are too afraid to announce their mutiple marriages...

    well... it's up to the men, it will be their responsibilities at the end of the day...

    you can get away in this life does not mean you can get away similarly in the next...

    Allah knows best!
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - Morpheus, The Matrix.

    "It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back." Surah 36:22. Ya Sin (Yusuf Ali Translation)

  24. #24
    I love S,A,U,D and I Why? Saudi Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,239
    Rep Power
    33

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    If the wife doesn't behave herself, the man should marry 3 all at once. Either this or nothing.
    I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove Saudi. I truely dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

  25. #25
    穆斯林-姐妹 PiElle2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    3,755
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Quote Originally Posted by Saudi Prince View Post
    If the wife doesn't behave herself, the man should marry 3 all at once. Either this or nothing.

    things dun just happen without Allah's willing no matter how much you want it to happen.

    better work on your own character before punishing others.
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - Morpheus, The Matrix.

    "It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back." Surah 36:22. Ya Sin (Yusuf Ali Translation)

  26. #26
    Banned Kal-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    9,648
    Rep Power
    55

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Punishing the wife, from anger after a row, has sometimes been a factor for some men to consider marrying another woman.
    If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

    Mr President, You Are Wrong

  27. #27
    Formarly Noor_Usman Umm Farooq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    603
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
    Punishing the wife, from anger after a row, has sometimes been a factor for some men to consider marrying another woman.
    In my eyes - these are not men, they are boys
    Bismillâh ir-Rahmân ir-Rahîm
    Qul huwa Allâhu ahad
    Allâhus-samad
    Lam yalid wa lam yűlad
    Wa lam yakul-la-hű kufu-wan ahad
    - *[Mabrook, you just earned blessings by reading my sig ]*

  28. #28
    Positivity!!! ummbilal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    7,729
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Quote Originally Posted by smile_2008 View Post
    can a man marry without the permisson of his wife if thay living seperateds is it permissable in islam or he needs permission first.
    because to avoid sins and can he hide from his wife.please give me advice what islam says about this not jokes be sensible please.
    no permission is needed, did the Prophet saws ask the permission of any of his wives before remarrying??

    however if he is speperated and doesnt intend to get back with first wife, shouldnt he divorce her and let her go and marry someone else?

    he shouldnt hide anything from his wife....thats dishonest, but he doesnt need permission, i think u need to tell the FULL story and ask a sheikh the questions and not get answers from an open forum where anyone could be answering you.
    avatar from deviant art

    bring back PAGAL LADOOOO

  29. #29
    Confused ~Unity~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,891
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Quote Originally Posted by Honey87 View Post
    no, but he must realise the big responsibility that comes with it.
    lool, exactly!

  30. #30
    穆斯林-姐妹 PiElle2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    3,755
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
    Punishing the wife, from anger after a row, has sometimes been a factor for some men to consider marrying another woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noor_Usman View Post
    In my eyes - these are not men, they are boys

    what good will it bring if someone thinks or does something out of anger or revenge...?
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - Morpheus, The Matrix.

    "It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back." Surah 36:22. Ya Sin (Yusuf Ali Translation)

  31. #31
    Traveller carol_au's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    10,182
    Rep Power
    122

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
    Punishing the wife, from anger after a row, has sometimes been a factor for some men to consider marrying another woman.
    The reality is.. if he marries another woman only for this reason. he is really punishing himself...

    he is the one who will end up with more bills as he tries to support two wives equally
    he is the one who will need to cope with either the first wife's distress at this happening without her knowledge, possibly the two wives not getting along.. and who knows what other issues.

    Much better he do it by planning it and preparing for it rather than as a sudden impulsive act.
    .The Prophet sal Allahu alaiyhi wa sallam said, “I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners.”
    http://jameelah61.wordpress.com/

  32. #32
    Odan
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,661
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Quote Originally Posted by ummbilal View Post
    no permission is needed, did the Prophet saws ask the permission of any of his wives before remarrying??

    however if he is speperated and doesnt intend to get back with first wife, shouldnt he divorce her and let her go and marry someone else?

    he shouldnt hide anything from his wife....thats dishonest, but he doesnt need permission, i think u need to tell the FULL story and ask a sheikh the questions and not get answers from an open forum where anyone could be answering you.
    ummbilal: I am learning from all of you here.
    It occured to me that if a male is not getting on with his wife, then as some of you have said, he should divorce her. Taking a second wife or a third, would not heal the wound with the first wife, in fact, it would probably make things much worse.
    "Lord I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed".

  33. #33
    smile_2008
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Quote Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
    ummbilal: I am learning from all of you here.
    It occured to me that if a male is not getting on with his wife, then as some of you have said, he should divorce her. Taking a second wife or a third, would not heal the wound with the first wife, in fact, it would probably make things much worse.
    maureen you are so right this would not heal the wound and future will be more worst cos he loved his first wife and than second marriage for revenge and what if his second wife know that he still loves his first wife very bad situation love is always painful.

  34. #34
    smile_2008
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Quote Originally Posted by carol_au View Post
    The reality is.. if he marries another woman only for this reason. he is really punishing himself...

    he is the one who will end up with more bills as he tries to support two wives equally
    he is the one who will need to cope with either the first wife's distress at this happening without her knowledge, possibly the two wives not getting along.. and who knows what other issues.

    Much better he do it by planning it and preparing for it rather than as a sudden impulsive act.
    good advice

  35. #35
    Ikra'a... Novelist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Assalamu alaikum,

    I've been for long searching different webs to get that asnwer either a man, when adding another wife should ask his first wife permission. And I now, alhamdulillah, get it from here. Thanks for this and thumb ups for you folks.

    Muhsin

  36. #36
    smile_2008
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    Quote Originally Posted by Novelist View Post
    Assalamu alaikum,

    I've been for long searching different webs to get that asnwer either a man, when adding another wife should ask his first wife permission. And I now, alhamdulillah, get it from here. Thanks for this and thumb ups for you folks.

    Muhsin
    whats you plan now brother lol i wount tell anyone

  37. #37

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: can a man marry without wife,s permisson

    I was of the understanding beforehand that the sunni view was that men should ask permission from the wife before marrying another, it appears i was wrong.

    Seems quite sad really that the man doesn't even have to ask what his wife's feelings are on getting another wife. Apparently its his 'right' to marry another women if he desires.

    If i was married and my husband decided to marry another despite me being against it, i would divorce him instantly.

    I know from reading the Quran that monogamy is the preferred situation and that although God doesn't forbid marrying more that one person, its quite clearly discouraged.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:08 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Super PM System provided by vBSuper_PM (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone
Omar Esa Nasheed Artist
| Omar Esa Nasheeds | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Nasheeds : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Hijabs Online | Hijabs | Hijab Shop | Hijab Shop | AlJazeera Live, MBC Live, Makkah Live : Treasure of The Scholars