Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Note: All classes with the exception of the Mustalahul Hadeeth and the Tafseer Class will stop until after Eid Al-Adh'haa, and will resume on Monday 6th October 2014.

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Thread: salatul hajat

Question salatul hajat

Salaam alaykum
    Can someone tell me about this please?

Re: salatul hajat

Salaat al-Haajah

Question:
    My question has to do with praying to allah for a need. I know it is called satatul hajah. How many times does a person have to pray it and when should it be prayed. Is it right to pray it at the times when duaas are most likely to be answered

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is prescribed for the Muslim to worship Allaah in the ways that He has prescribed in His Book, and in the ways that have been proven from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The principle concerning matters of worship is tawqeef [i.e., following what is in the Qur’aan and saheeh Sunnah; with no room for individual opinion]. And we cannot say that any act of worship is prescribed unless there is saheeh evidence.

The so-called Salaat al-Haajah was narrated in da’eef (weak) or munkar (denounced) ahaadeeth – as far as we know – which cannot be used as proof and which are not fit to base acts of worship on.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 8/162

The hadeeth narrated concerning Salaat al-Haajah says:

“From ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Abi Awfa al-Aslami, who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came out to us and said: ‘Whoever has need of something from Allaah or any one of His creation, let him do wudoo’ and pray two rak’ahs, then let him say, “There is no god but Allaah, the Forbearing, the Most Generous. Glory be to Allaah, Lord of the mighty Throne. Praise be to Allaah the Lord of the Worlds. O Allaah, I ask You for Your mercy and forgiveness and I ask You for all good things and for safety from all sins. I ask You not to leave any sin without forgiving it, or any distress without relieving it, or any need which it pleases You to fulfil without fulfilling it for me.” Then let him ask Allaah for whatever matter of this world or the Hereafter that he wishes, for it will be fulfilled.”

(Narrated by Ibn Maajah, Iqaamat al-Salaah wa’l-Sunnah, 1374)

Al-Tirmdihi said: this is a ghareeb [strange] hadeeth, and concerning its isnaad it was said: Faa’id ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan is weak in hadeeth.

Al-Albaani said: rather it is da’eef jiddan (very weak). Al-Haakim said: mawdoo’ (fabricated) ahaadeeth were narrated from Abu Awfa.

Mishkaat al-Masaabeeh, vol. 1, p. 417

The author of al-Sunan wa’l-Mubtada’aat said, after mentioning what al-Tirmidhi said concerning Faa’id ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan: Ahmad said he is matrook (left, i.e., his hadeeth is not to be accepted), and Ibn al-‘Arabi described him as da’eef (weak).

And he said: You know what is said concerning this hadeeth. It is better and more perfect and safer for you to make du’aa’ to Allaah in the depths of the night and between the adhaan and iqaamah and at the end of every prayer before the tasleem; and on Fridays, for then there are times when du’aa’ is answered; and when breaking one’s fast. For your Lord says (interpretation of the meanings):

‘Invoke Me [i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islamic Monotheism) and ask Me for anything] I will respond to your (invocation)’[Fussilat 40:60]

‘And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor)’[al-Baqarah 2:186]

‘And (all) the Most Beautiful Names belong to Allaah, so call on Him by them’[al-A’raaf 7:180].” al-Sunan wa’l-Mubtada’aat by al-Shuqayri, p. 124

Islam Q&A
    Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=10387&ln=eng&txt=hajah

Question:

Assalamu alaikum

Can u please explain how to pray Salaatul Haajat.

Jazakallahu khayran

Answer:

Bismillah

Al-jawab billahi at-taufeeq (the answer with Allah's guidance)

Abullah ibn Abi Awfa (Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, “Whoever has a need with Allah, or with any human being, then let them perform ritual ablutions well and then pray two Rakats. After that, let them praise Allah and send blessings on the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). After this, let them say,

"La ilaha illallahul Halimul karim
    Subhanallahi Rabbil Arshil Azim, Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Alamin, Asaluka Mujibaati Rahmatika Wa Azaa'ima maghfiratika Wal Ghanimata Min Kulli Birrin, Was salamata Min Kulli Ithmin, La Tada' Li Zanmban Illa Ghafartahu, Wa la Hamman Illa Farrajtahu, Wa la hajatan hiya Laka Ridhan Illa Qadhaitaha, Ya Arhamar Rahimeen."

There there no god but Allah the Clement and Wise.
    There is no god but Allah the High and Mighty.
    Glory be to Allah, Lord of the Tremendous Throne.
    All praise is to Allah, Lord of the worlds.
    I ask you (O Allah) everything that leads to your mercy, and your tremendous forgiveness, enrichment in all good, and freedom from all sin.
    Do not leave a sin of mine (O Allah), except that you forgive it, nor any concern except that you create for it an opening, nor any need in which there is your good pleasure except that you fulfill it, O Most Merciful!”

(Related by Tirmidhi and Ibn Maja. The Hadith has some weakness, but it is slight: such Hadiths are acted upon for virtuous deeds (fada’il al-a`mal) by general agreement of the scholars)

The prayer of need is very simple: It is essentially to raise one's need to Allah Most High, by performing ritual ablution (Wudu), praying 2 Rakats, and then making whole-hearted Dua to Allah. If one uses the abovementioned Prophetic supplication, or other similar supplications transmitted from the Beloved Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), it is best. (Al-Fatawa al-Hindiyya; Ibn Abidin, Radd al-Muhtar)

The inward manners of supplication is exhibiting our neediness and absolute slavehood to Allah, consigning one's matters to Allah, and knowing that the only one who gives or benefits is Allah Most High. With this, one should be certain that Allah Most High answers our Duas, but in the way He knows is best for us.

When circumstances do not permit us to pray 2 Rakats, one should still turn to Allah in supplication, raising one’s needs to Him, for He answers our supplications and loves being asked.

Allah Ta'ala Says:

"When My worshipers ask you about Me, I am near. I answer the supplication of the suppliant when he calls to Me; therefore, let them respond to Me and let them believe in Me, in order that they will be righteous."

And Only Allah Ta'ala Knows Best.

Moulana Qamruz Zaman
    London, UK.
    The Sahaba (radiAllahu anhum) used to cling to the Sunnah just because it was Sunnah
    Today we abandon the Sunnah, just because it's Sunnah.

S
    o the evidence for it isn't very strong & it may even be fabricated? Or have i understood wrong?

yes the majority of hadiths which narrate about this salah are weak...but it is within general agreement of our Scholars and one of the opinions of Imam Ahmad (Rahimullah) that hadiths such as these can be used since they only recomend good action (fada’il).

And Allah Knows Best.
    The spiritual warrior is he who breaks an idol;
    and the idol of each person is his Ego.

- Imam Abul Qasim al-Qushayri

I guess its true, all roads do lead back to ummah forums.
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
    ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’