Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

is STILL mawliding*joy*:D Chained_Water's Avatar

Imam Al-Ghazalis: Inner Dimensions of Islamic Worship

Imam Al-Ghazali's: Inner Dimensions of Islamic Worship

This is a book comprised of sections from Imam Ghazalis celebrated work Ihya Uloom id Deen. Imam Ghazali goes through the various ibadah we must do, salah, zakat, sawm, hajj/umrah and amongst other things he expounds upon the importance of khushoo in them, of having presense of the heart in worship and how to try and obtain it. It's a really important topic, and this would a useful read for anybody and everybody, so buy it inshaAllah.

I enclose my notes from lessons studying the text under the tutelage of Shaykh Muhammad Al-Yaqoubi. As ever, they aren't exhaustive, there is a section missing toward the end which I left for someone else to type up, but haven't been able to obtain since. Read my disclaimer ..and keep me in your dua's!

CW
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi

Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.- Shaykh al-Shadhili

Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. - Jibreel (as)

ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ
    O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
    Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. - Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر

Re: Imam Al-Ghazalis: Inner Dimensions of Islamic Worship

sis *scream* this must have taken you weeks to edit and sort, its amazing, mashallah, subhanallah!

thank you

cw, your name in pink :eek3: ?
    Sayyiduna Umar (Allah be pleased with him) said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) say, “If you relied on Allah as He should be relied on, He would provide for you as He provides for birds.
    They go out hungry in the early morning, and return full in the evening." [Tirmidhi]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Do not try to run away from trials and tribulations, but endure them with patience. They cannot be avoided, and there is nothing for it but to endure them with patience. How can you expect the whole of this world, and all that has been created therein, to undergo change and transformation just to suit your convenience? The Prophets are the best of all creatures, yet they have always had to suffer afflictions and so it is for their followers, those who tread in their footsteps as they walk along their highway, emulating their example.

Shaikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani

Nope, took only yesterday to do this and the other lot from the retreat [added second file to The Aqeedah of the Salaf thread, because those lessons were on Aqeedah].

Hope they useful, get the book though, 'tis fantabulous!

Yes, I'm pink and girly now
    My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi

Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. - Jibreel (as)

ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ
    Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. - Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر

Islam

Lightbulb Re: Imam Al-Ghazalis: Inner Dimensions of Islamic Worship

Salam 'alaykum

Insha'Allâh see also the book ‘Ihyaa ‘Uloomud-Deen’ in the scale of the scholars and historians.
    Attached Files Attached Files

j/k sis, im gonna read this inshallah, anywhere i can view some sample pages from the book
    For The Non-Muslims:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlMBkJme8J4The ProphetSAW sed, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim.Islam- Why Pay For The Disease,When The Cure Is Free

Quote Originally Posted by Chained_Water View Post
    Nope, took only yesterday to do this and the other lot from the retreat [added second file to The Aqeedah of the Salaf thread, because those lessons were on Aqeedah].

Hope they useful, get the book though, 'tis fantabulous!

Yes, I'm pink and girly now
    somebody stoleded my book

you look horrable and as common as mook
    Sayyiduna Umar (Allah be pleased with him) said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) say, “If you relied on Allah as He should be relied on, He would provide for you as He provides for birds.
    They go out hungry in the early morning, and return full in the evening." [Tirmidhi]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Do not try to run away from trials and tribulations, but endure them with patience. They cannot be avoided, and there is nothing for it but to endure them with patience. How can you expect the whole of this world, and all that has been created therein, to undergo change and transformation just to suit your convenience? The Prophets are the best of all creatures, yet they have always had to suffer afflictions and so it is for their followers, those who tread in their footsteps as they walk along their highway, emulating their example.

Shaikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani

Quote Originally Posted by MG View Post
    j/k sis, im gonna read this inshallah, anywhere i can view some sample pages from the book
    http://www.tubatree.com/viewer/inner...l-ghazali.html

Quote Originally Posted by Eemaan View Post
    somebody stoleded my book

you look horrable and as common as mook
    Wasn't me
    If you were in the clouds, Allah would raise us to you or lower you to us for battle.

said this to the Byzantine troops when they retreated from the battle field to the fortified town of Chalcis.

- Khalid ibn Walid

Account Disabled

subhan allah very good read

*bump*

Hunted these down for a sis.. thought I would bump it for everyone else too.
    Please download the notes, buy the book and have a read.. it's fab, can't recommend it enough.. and hey the notes are free, you have nothing to lose

Make dua for me

This is really good, JazakAllahu khayr for sharing this.

I am so glad you take notes and take them well (MashaAllah). I was wondering if you have made notes for any other of Shaykh yaqoubi's halaqat?
    "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

bro

I'm glad to finally be of some use to you after all the times you've been so helpful for me

I dunno if you got my shama'il notes last year.

Ash Shama'il al Muhammadiyya [Imam Tirmidhi]

I took extensive notes on that occasion.

I also transcribed a talk, again I don't claim complete accuracy ..but I thought it was relevant for the forum as well as Muslims in general.. Ignorance: the disease of our time.

There is another thread in which I posted notes from an aqeedah course with Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam and Shaykh Faraz Rabbani.. in that same thread I also posted notes from aqeedah lessons with Shaykh Munawar Ateeq [when Shaykh Al-Yaqoubi was teaching us from the Ihya, he had Shaykh Munawar teaching us aqeedah from a text, details in the thread].

The Aqeedah of the Salaf

Most recent notes I've posted have been in this thread The Prophetic Dawah & Honouring The Prophetic Legacy but you need to scroll past all the banter.. I need to type up the rest from that day. Have heard some amazing things about Shaykh Habib Al Kadhim since then too

I do have more notes from gatherings with Shaykh Al-Yaqoubi, but they are not typed up, they're in my notebook and they were from smaller gatherings, so are nothing like this. Last time Shaykh was in UK, he talked about the Islamic society in Madinah.. and on another occasion the rights of brotherhood and adab.. I have these handwritten and I'm not sure they are good notes tbh :S hence I didn't bother typing up.

Shaykh should be back in the country soon inshaAllah to teach Ash-Shifa in Birmingham, over 3 or 4 days.. when details are out.. book a hotel or something and come down ..will be worth it.

Anyway check out the other links and download whatever you find ..and make lotsa lotsa dua for me.. in particular that I get more opportunity to study under amazing scholars, that Allah(swt) strengthens my memory and ability to record what I hear, especially arabic and names, that Allah(swt) allows me to study arabic more and one day gain a mastery over the language, and that I get the chance to travel to Syria to study ..and grants me sincerity and understanding.

Shaykh always says have high hopes, strong determination.. and then work step by step

May Allah Azz wa jal make it easy for you to reach the heights of Islamic knowledge and may we all benifet from it. ameen

Mash'Allah sis you've done a great job with these notes and you have good note taking skills too. It almost feels like reading Shaykh Yaqoubi

Please type up Islamic society in Madina notes, that is such an important topic.

Keep it up
    "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

I just found my notes, and they're incomplete and pretty lame ..I was in the mood to just listen and not write that time ..will type them up anyway though inshaAllah.. when get a chance